[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It wasn't THAT bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 915x585
It wasn't THAT bad.
>>
It wasn't good, either.
>>
>>344310376
It was great for people who knew that a project with Sawyer as the lead designer would be an Icewind Dale like game, not a fully fledged RPG. PoE was a great h&s campaign, just like IWD 1-2.
>>
I have yet to finish it. I'm close but I don't feel like killing the dragons.
>>
>>344311751
Except the gameplay wasn't all that good to be a hack and slash game and the party creation wasn't as good as IWD's. Storm of Zehir (or whatever it was) was a better IWD-like game.
>>
>>344310376
What's wrong with it. I actually liked it. Finished it twice which I rarely do.
Ok second time doesn't count as I mostly did expacks and accidentally sacrificed my PC for sake of greater good.
>>
>>344311076
yes it was.
>>
>>344313013
You donĀ“t need to either.
>>
>>344313997
You know you can just send Devil of Caroc to do that and she lives by just walking on the bottom of the lake?
>>
>>344314748
I didn't even recruit her. When I saw her I decided she's offence against nature and killed her.
>>
>>344310376
No matter how hard you try, it is an already forgotten game.
>>
>>344310376
People who disliked it basically wanted 100% voiced dialogue and little reading.
>>
>>344315867
or maybe they wanted a combat system that doesn't revolve around MMO tier tank and spank
>>
>>344310376
I liked it
>>
>>344311751
it was more roleplaying than iwd. poe was in between iwd and bg desu
>>
File: fallout 2-min.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fallout 2-min.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>344315867
I do like reading in RPGs, but not when it's poorly written garbage like in PoE.
>>
>>344310376
It would have been considered a decent game if it weren't made by Obsidian, let's just hope that tyranny will be better.
>>
>>344314510
Explain why.
>>
>>344310376
i was pretty disappointed with it.

too bad I've played through both BG and IWD series a half dozen times. no more replayability left for me.
>>
>>344315867
Having a lot of dialogue doesn't mean it's good, especially not when they do stuff like describing the main villain's unwashed hair or the niggress' feathery vagina several times over. It also had the worst of both worlds: An overwritten, unedited slog and awfully voiced dialogue. Either do one or the other, not both of them and especially not both of them poorly.
>>
>level cap is 12
I get that they wanted to make an old school PC RPG but there's a difference between "old school" and "outdated"
>>
>>344316693
No there isn't.
>>
>>344310376
It was about as good as you get with an Obsidian unleashed game.

They generally do better if someone else does 80% of the heavy lifting.

They are more interior decorators than full on builders.
>>
>>344315867
good try
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.