[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else feel The Witcher 3 was boring and kind of repetitive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: w3sucks.gif (55 KB, 569x254) Image search: [Google]
w3sucks.gif
55 KB, 569x254
Did anyone else feel The Witcher 3 was boring and kind of repetitive? I couldn't push myself through it although I loved The Witcher 2 and have played it end to end more than once.
>>
I went through the same. After a while I just found myself playing it to play some more Gwent.

I got sick of riding my horse around and got sick of the combat. I feel like it's a nice combat system for a RPG, but every battle besides boss battles felt the same.
>>
File: NoNoNo.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NoNoNo.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344290620
>Did anyone else feel The Witcher 3 was boring and kind of repetitive?
No
>>
>>344290620
don't tell me you skipped TW1?

Then again, you said you "loved" that terrible #2, so I guess you did. Also would explain why you'd dislike 3.
>>
>>344290620

>16 hours
>rushed through witcher 2

Boy you sure loved that game.
>>
>>344291062
I couldn't bring myself to finish the first one either. It was REALLY generic, and even though I got the director's cut / enhanced whatever version, it was really buggy.

>>344291554
Not everyone plays games in the same way. I don't like to see everything in the first run, that way when I come back to it after months or years I get a fresh experience.
>>
File: notreally.jpg (52 KB, 551x253) Image search: [Google]
notreally.jpg
52 KB, 551x253
>>344290620

Not really, no. But then, my tastes likely differ from yours, because that's how preference works, so that's not a surprise.
>>
>>344291925
>Not everyone plays games in the same way. I don't like to see everything in the first run, that way when I come back to it after months or years I get a fresh experience.

If you really finished the game in 16 hours you used a guide, skipped all dialogues and cut scenes and rushed through everything. So no, you're a faggot.
>>
File: 1462831500925.jpg (11 KB, 505x479) Image search: [Google]
1462831500925.jpg
11 KB, 505x479
>>344291925

>TW1
>Generic

Pack it up folks time to move on.
>>
>>344292005
I can respect that. I'm just asking for other people's opinions after all, not trying to "convince" anyone or delegitimize anyone's taste as

>>344291062
>>344291554
>>344292152
did.

>>344292152
>used a guide
lol no I didn't. I was genuinely interested in the story and the characters. It was really well written and presented, unlike the 3rd game, which felt kind of disjointed to me.
>>
>>344292313

>It was really well written and presented, unlike the 3rd game, which felt kind of disjointed to me.

Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>344292393
>you're an idiot

OK, thanks!
You're not.
>>
>>344292313

>It was really well written
>finished it in 16 hours

Don't tell me you're baiting.
>>
The fact that Wesker was zero prevented the game from being disappointing
>>
File: JUST.png (87 KB, 553x108) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
87 KB, 553x108
>>344290620
Bought it at the peakest price ever, absolute biggest mistake in my life
>>
>>344291554
>>344292152
>>344292240
>>344292393

OK, you know what? Even though you are a bunch of immature faggots, I'm going to give the game a second chance and try to enjoy it, since I paid for it after all.

I'll reinstall it and see if I can get hooked on it this weekend.

Do you know if it will have my old save in Steam Cloud or do I have to replay that hour and a half though?
>>
File: addendum.jpg (17 KB, 365x114) Image search: [Google]
addendum.jpg
17 KB, 365x114
>>344292313
>I can respect that. I'm just asking for other people's opinions after all, not trying to "convince" anyone or delegitimize anyone's taste

That's a much more thoughtful reply than I have come to expect from /v/. If I'm completely honest with myself and with you then, I felt TW3 did suffer a bit from the open world if it was played in a completionist manner. For the first 20-30 hours I did little else but explore and clear '?'s from my map. The lack of characterisation that this resulted in really drew me out of the game. I put it down from a few months before returning and playing mainly the story missions. Actually participating in the narrative was far more satisfying than treasure hunting and monster slaying.

So to answer your question, yes, it can definitely be boring and repetitive, but I think it depends on your playstyle.
>>
As someone who's put 258 hours into it so far, I can say that the game's weakest points are repetitive quest formulas (follow red shit to win), extremely underwhelming loot (almost everything except for witcher gear is vendor trash, and you’re only limited to swords but that’s dictated by the character) and “exploration” that is just going from question mark to question mark, pretty much ignoring everything along the way. Combat is not that bad, can actually be challenging on the highest difficulty provided you haven’t been minmaxing Geralt. The strongest points are the story, music and graphics. Even after the downgrade the vistas look very pretty on the highest settings. Still, once you’ve been through the plot, going through all of it again on ng+ can be a real drag.
>>
Yes.

I'm in Skellige.

>32 hours into the game
>not a single quest without following red shit aside from the mask carnival and ciri memories
>polish VA is absolutely unbearable
>combat doesn't change even a bit as long as you don't go full retard and upgrade broken signs or whirlwind
>most of the characters, even from the books, got reduced to "sarcastic cool guy who likes to drink/be mean"
>the only somewhat unique and new characters are King of Beggars, Whoreson Jr. and... that's it I guess
>some of the worst bosses in a RPG I've seen in a while

I'd also complain about the world (it's flat as fuck) but I still haven't visited Skellige (I'm trying to finish all the quests in Velen/Novigrad/Oxenfurt) but the cities are fucking great. Novigrad is extremely impressive. Also graphics and music are great and treasure hunting is really fun.

I don't fucking understand how can people say that it's GOAT.
>>
>>344293279
fuck, I mean I'm just before Skellige. All the quests except Gwent/racing ones are almost done.
>>
>>344292903

kys
>>
>>344290620
Maybe you're too smart and experience the game differently from everyone else.
>>
File: seinfeld.jpg (23 KB, 587x616) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.jpg
23 KB, 587x616
>boring and kind of repetitive

Nigger, the quests are absolutely incredible. The most interesting quests I've ever seen, on par with TW1.
>>
>>344290620
>16 hours
>played it end to end more than once
So you skipped every single side quest both times
>>
Witcher 2's story was more gripping to me than Witcher 3's, better characters as well. Otherwise I think 3 is a pretty big and obvious improvement.
>>
>>344290620
You've beaten Witcher 2 more than once and yet you've only played for 16 hours? You either rushed through everything and skipped all side content and dialogue or you're lying or you trolling. I just recently completed play throughs of all 3 Witcher games, I spent over 30 hours on Witcher 2 alone and I didn't even complete all the side quests. Also, 90 minutes isn't anywhere near enough to judge Witcher 3. White Orchard is just the prologue, the real game begins once you get to Velen.
>>
tw2 is so gay
>>
I have some 100 hours in tw3 and haven't finished yet, but I'm getting bored and only play it a couple hours a week now.

I got my money's worth, but now it's just a drag to actually finish.
>>
>>344290620
I can not for the life of me git gud at Witcher 2. It's by far harder than every Dark Souls

>Dark Souls
>Hard
>>
>>344293647
what the fuck

which ones? the only good quests I can remember are Bloody Baron, Deadly Sins and Towerful of Mice

The rest was extremely uninteresting, full of following red shit, unfunny jokes and bad boss battles
>>
>>344290620
The Witcher 2 is the worst game in the series.

The Witcher 1 is the best with 3 following closely behind.
>>
File: 1462411092051.jpg (67 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1462411092051.jpg
67 KB, 300x300
>>344290620
No. You are the only one who had this totally unique personal reaction to a game millions of other people played.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.