[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They do realize Resident Evil 2 remake will be better than RE7,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 18
File: Resident-Evil-2-Reborn-672x372.jpg (48 KB, 672x372) Image search: [Google]
Resident-Evil-2-Reborn-672x372.jpg
48 KB, 672x372
They do realize Resident Evil 2 remake will be better than RE7, 8 and 9 combined if they continue what they're doing with this survival horror first person shit right?
>>
>>344287830
I for one would have liked if they kept Resident Evil in its own universe, gameplay and story wise.
>>
>>344287830
I have no faith in the design team behind RE2's remake. They solicited a fan game for input, or so the fan game makers claimed. And haven't said word 1 about their specific intentions.

They may seriously be trying to do something they think will be amazing but I give them a 10% shot of landing anything they totally invent.
>>
>>344287830
RE7 will be shit but loved by critics and casuals.
REmake 2 is for the fans, i wouldn't be surprised if they bundle a REmake 2 demo with RE7.
>>344289621
REmake 2 is happening because REmake HD sold better than they expected.
it seems like their intention is to give RE2 the same treatment that RE1 got.
i'm pretty confident that REmake 2 will be good but fans will still bitch about it.
>>
>>344289621
I heard they didn't get the original game's director to direct the remake. Maybe that will change things for the worse. As for the game's mechanics, all I really care about is that it will be third-person.
>>
>>344287830

>that faggot russian that made a whole SDK port of re2 and won't release it because of m-muh official remake sales!
>>
>>344290053

>he actually thinks re2 remake will play like REmake

It will be re4 with zombies and you know it, they will be immortal to all shots but headshots and you will have a virus gauge like in outbreak.
>>
>>344290053
It'd be funny if RE2 remake sold more than “RE7“, perhaps then Capcom will get the message that no one wants first person shit.
>>
>>344290053
>expecting current crapcum to make Re2 without using the shitty new formula
dont forget to pay for the patchs shill
>>
>>344290471
Awesome.
>>
>>344290821
Kys
>>
Was 3 the last good Resident Evil?
>>
>>344290909
RE evolved to third person from corridor view, and is way more fun.
>>
>>344290965
6 was.
>>
>>344290053
>it seems like their intention is to give RE2 the same treatment that RE1 got.
Which is what exactly? The fact that the team hasn't come up and stated their intention beyond the title is concerning me. Do they want to throw Crimson Heads in it? Add context items? Shove a new supermonster in?

Because REmake wasn't just touching up the graphics or redubbing the voice acting. They also didn't just add new content to sell a 5 year old game. They incorporated concepts they scrapped during RE1's development because they didn't work on the PS1.

RE2 doesn't have that many concepts that were scrapped due to technical shortcomings. Most of their scrapped content was a completely different planned game you'll hear talked about as RE1.5. They can't exactly incorporate that without abandoning the finalized game, or at least making 2 Police Stations in Raccoon City.

>>344290064
Well the fact that neither Hideki Kamiya nor the first place runner up Shinji Mikami were the ones to make the announcement was a big indicator of that.

I mean nevermind the two conspicuously left Capcom a decade ago. Most of their teams' gone too. So this lacks credibility that REmake had.
>>
File: 1464918695478.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1464918695478.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>344290053
>>344290489
Starts off with fixed angle zombie survival horror

>WE WANT SOMETHING NEW

Doing Third-Person action for a while

>WE DON'T WANT THIS ANYMORE

Experiments with First-Person zombie survival horror by releasing a playable teaser before game comes out.

>WE DON'T WANT THIS EITHER
>>
>>344291159
As long as it will look like the OP pic with much better graphics I'm fine with that. Any added content seems like it would improve the game to me. The more added to evolve RE2 the better, as long as it makes sense. I bet FF7 remake will do the same.
>>
>>344291981
I've always wanted third person since RE4.

>It's cause RE players didn't want third person.
>Not because they want to make money off P.T Audience

RE community has nothing wrong with third person, the fact that most RE games are third person demonstrates that fact. The only reason for first-person is to gather tons of money from lets-play community.
>>
>>344292213
Just dialing up the graphics wouldn't call for a "Remake" title when they've been comfortable with "HD" for everything that was just a graphical upgrade.

Changing the perspective might possible be worth rebranding. But doesn't seem like it warrants "Remake" as much as a contrived subtitle. But I don't think that's a great idea since it'd be trivializing the currently scripted game, meaning they have to completely rebalance a lot of the game as is. And Capcom isn't wowing me right now with their game balance.
>>
>>344290489
>implying RE7's marketing won't focus on its "scares" to bait facecam faggots and their legion of mongoloid followers

It's going to sell like fucking hotcakes
>>
File: latest.jpg (9 KB, 200x202) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
9 KB, 200x202
>>344293280
Resident Evil is officially dead. Because of this.
>>
>>344293280
Who eats hot cakes? You need to let them cool before they're edible.
>>
>>344292667
I liked third-person but it's been more about action and shooting everything than about exploring and saving resources.

The reason why RE games were mostly Third-person is because they stuck with what was making them money and the customers happy until recently where it turned to a generic action movie with zambies.

The lets-play community doesn't solely play first-person games. The only games you probably aren't going to see in a lot of lets-plays are going to be strategy and or RPG's.

I'm glad they're trying something new instead of doing the same thing over and over. It gives them a chance to try something new and focus on what to do instead of trying to reinvent the same concept they've been doing for years.
>>
>>344287830
If they use their heads then no, RE7 will blow RE2make out of the water.

Right now RE7 looks like a ghost hunting walking sim, which is garbage. But they repeatedly said the demo is not a slice of the game, it's not related to the main game at all, it was for promotional only. They also said the main game has combat. This doesn't mean much, but it COULD mean something really good.

If RE7 has all this, it will be almost guaranteed better:

>guns and low ammo reserves
>herbs and herb mixing
>some kind of inventory management
>some kind of enemy type you encounter frequently rather than just family members you repeatedly see around corners
>claustrophobia inducing corridors
>using that half-open and close door mechanic from the demo to its fullest for spooks and playing cautiously
>dreamy Silent Hill-like landscapes / segments like Evil Within had and like the RE7 E3 trailer suggested
>some kind of actually sensible connection to the rest of the RE plot

Why? Because first person is actually better, and I already played RE2 like thirty times.
>>
revelations 2 was a pretty solid game,
that with real zombies and a city instead of an island could be pretty good.
>>
>>344293838
They said the demo was supposed to focus on exploration and horror.

At the end of the demo they basically teased the zombie.

I don't understand how people don't get that part.

There's also a secret to get an axe in the demo which doesn't do anything as of right now
>>
File: 1467250181428.gif (976 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1467250181428.gif
976 KB, 450x338
>>344293669
t. bitchmade faggot
>>
>>344287830
>opinions
>>
>REmake 2 sells buckets of money
>REmake 3 announced
Please. RE3 is so criminally underrated, and a remake might fix it's flaws.
>>
>>344293731
Most games that the let's play community plays are shock scare survival horror, first person games. And those are the most popular that they play too. The fact is they aren't doing something new, they're copying millions of survival horror FPS games. I read in an article that the player will be running away from tons of zombies in the actual full game as well. This seems pretty much like any other of those survival horror games, and replacing the evolved RE formula where you could still scavenge for equipment/items, like in RE4, is an absolute shame. It went from saving resources and dying millions of times like in RE 1-3 for a reason, because it was boring and the game could evolve to fulfill itself to RE4 levels of fulfillment.
>>
File: avatarnu.jpg (56 KB, 349x335) Image search: [Google]
56 KB, 349x335
>>344294683
>Loved the limited time choice segments
>never again
>>
>>344294847
In most survival horror games that lets players play usually only have one enemy where they must avoid. Not a horde of zombies, especially with having a means to defend yourself in the game.

I would honestly have them try and do this then continue down the path that was the shit show known as RE6.
>>
I think they should use some creative freedom and increase the raccoon city part of the game with a lot more areas.

The moment you enter the police station you kinda forget you're in a city.
>>
File: 1464233844993.jpg (28 KB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
1464233844993.jpg
28 KB, 380x250
>REmake 2 will use the RE4shit gameplay
>>
>>344296000
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkD8ltR1O0
>>
>>344296459
but RE4 is just tank controls with a different camera and better aiming.
>>
>>344297458
And linear, and ammo drops everywhere, and incredibly easy-to-kill enemies, and QTE, and is not a survival game.
>>
>>344297929
And better.
>>
File: 1461110162929.jpg (85 KB, 728x506) Image search: [Google]
1461110162929.jpg
85 KB, 728x506
>>344298381
>>
>>344298553
Next time warn me before you post a picture of yourself so I ca make Sure it's actually you. I can envision the way you spoke with your face perfectly.
>>
>>344296459
>Shit gameplay

Get out of here old man. RE4 had the best horror, and mechanics.
>>
>>344299236
>re4fag is incredibly insecure
not big surprise
>>
File: no_its_fucked.jpg (125 KB, 490x720) Image search: [Google]
no_its_fucked.jpg
125 KB, 490x720
>>344289621
>>
>>344290909
RE4 improved the controls and you know it. RE5 and 6 weren't as scary because of their stories but the action controls had almost nothing to do with the horror factor. Controlling someone like they're a chess piece feels fucking awful and as soon as the technology allowed for it that gameplay was improved.
>>
>>344300451
Nice excuse for getting pwned.
>>344303885
Yes
>>
>>344287830
I just hope they have proper costumes
>>
>>344290064
The person heading it helped to remake resident evil 1. That was his first project. So, honestly I think he has it.
>>
File: 1461962623464.jpg (15 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
1461962623464.jpg
15 KB, 500x504
>tfw RE2 will be mainstreamed and casualized and it will ruin your RE2 memories forever.
>>
File: 64864864964.jpg (30 KB, 600x309) Image search: [Google]
64864864964.jpg
30 KB, 600x309
>>344305730

Of course

That'll be about tree fiddy
>>
>>344303885

I love RE4 but god damn those controls are fucking stupid, why the fuck did they had to cater to the japanese players with no ability to turn your fucking character with the left analogue stick? Why the fuck is nobody making a mod to fix this shit?! It's so god damn annoying to have a super agent badass that moves like a molass.
>>
>>344297929
>ammo drops everywhere

yeah if you play on easy, thanks faggot, try professional
>>
>>344291159
>They can't exactly incorporate that without abandoning the finalized game

Why the fuck not, you can always build an extra scenario with the old ideas you had, just add sidepaths like in RE4 when you could decide if you wanted to fight El Gigante a second time or fight the Ganado Mob.
>>
>>344303885
>RE4 improved the controls and you know it.

They're the same controls from the original games. They just changed the camera to be at your back instead of cinematic.
>>
>>344308129
The original game still exists, anon. It's not going to just disappear.
>>
>>344291981

Resident evil 4 killed the series in a sense that it was everything resident evil should've been and everything it needed to be, Mikami was BTFO by the poor REmake sales so he chopped the horror sections after the village and made that campy as fuck castle section that climaxes into a fucking Goldeneye mission on commando island with Claw Crane zombie minigames.
>>
>>344287830
Back to Kindergarten, underage queer.
>>
>>344293280

The only remotely successful game in that vein was Amnesia and it only sold 3 million copies, outlast still sits at 1,2 millions, these numbers are massive failures by capcom standards.
>>
File: 1466394162421.jpg (9 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1466394162421.jpg
9 KB, 640x480
Why's everyone so hard on RE7? Sure, Capcom might stray too far from their roots or just make a genuinely horrible game, but isn't it better than them just going full Gears of War with BOWs?

I at least want to see them try. It'll probably suck, but I'm willing to wait until it comes out to shit on it.
>>
>>344309962
>thanks faggot, try professional
love this meme. There was no difference between normal and professional.
>>
>>344310696
Resident Evil is already an established franchise. Millions of people are already going to buy it just for the name on the box.
>>
>>344310315
This argument is fucking retarded.
If REmake would have been RE4 style, people still would have used that same shit on it too.
>>
>>344310736
also, prof mode isn't available at the start, should just be the standard

why can't we have a hard game for old RE for once? shit, anyone remember doing Decisions Decisions for the first time online? that wasn't easy and I remember turning into a zombie for dying for the first time due to the level rather than bullshit
>>
>>344293838
Almost everything you just listed has been confirmed to be in the final game. Yes, guns are confirmed.
>>
>>344311616
>implying any of the previous games were hard
what
Only the north american versions of RE1 and 2 which cut auto aiming from the game are actually hard.
>>
>>344310863
>Resident Evil is already an established action franchise

fixed

RE6 sales do not lie, that game was incredibly successful despite everyone shitting on it, when RE7 gets memed on for the VR and inevitable sells less they'll switch ideas again until one day they'll inadvertly make a resident evil like they should've all along.

>use classic tank controls like in RE4 but allow strafing and indepented control of the camera, prepare cinematic fixed cameras for a separate game-mode dubbed "classic horror" that panders to oldfags so they can suck your dick and be happy
>use a multi-branching but linear progression of the story with emotional peaks just like in RE4s campaign to keep the attention of the player
>to appeal to everyone use RE4 style of narrative with a horror beginning that ends up becoming a self aware campy videogame that totally knows it's a videogame with jokes and a fun protagonist like Leon WAS.
>add a semen demon, not an already established character, use Chris and Jill's daughter, I don't fucking know, anyone but the old cast, it needs to feel fresh, no tumblrinas like barry's cunt nugget
>keep the expanded melee system but give zombies a random chance of retaliating to people who mindlessly spam
>zombies are completely immortal to all damage that doesn't destroy the brain, you are forced to make headshots or use the melee system to severe their bodies till they can't do shit like in Dead Space
>limit ammunition and bring back RE3 ammo system with customization of bullet types, penetration and gun modifications
>use the virus gauge from Outbreak, it doesn't start until you get bitten or scratched by an infected creature, once you are infected you have X in-game hours to complete the scenario, you can momentarily stop the infection but never halt it, give a sense of urgency and dread and to avoid pissing casuals off, allow and easy mode where the virus gauge is turned off

There, fucking perfect resident evil game and took me 5 minutes.
>>
>>344310736
>There was no difference between normal and professional.
Not sure about the ammo, but enemies dealt nearly double the damage, QTE's were a bitch, Mike hardly helped and Krauser handed my ass to me dozens of times after surviving even a rocket launcher.

That's all I remember though, I might be missing something.
>>
>>344310736
>>344312614

>All enemies have increased health, as well as a higher resistance to weapons;

>Enemy attack power and AI is increased: they will attack faster and move faster towards the player;

>Ammo drops from enemies are less common and are replaced by money (in addition the money dropped is slightly higher than in the other modes);

>All button prompts require quicker reactions and more pushes.
>>
>>344289621
I don't see why a fan game's developers are a bad place to get input.
>>
Wait, does this mean I get to play as a qt brunette in jean shorts and spats with a ponytail?
>>
>>344312339
>RE6 sales do not lie,

youre an actual retard

ill give you a clue= DMC2 sold more than DMC3, ill let you figure out the phenomenon here

same reason why RE5 sold so much
>>
File: 1467069338025.gif (2 MB, 200x145) Image search: [Google]
1467069338025.gif
2 MB, 200x145
>>344311246
It's because you're acting like your memories of the original game is going to be sullied because you played a shitty remake. That logic is already retarded.

Goddamn, these Resident Evil threads on /v/ used to be alright. But as soon as new games get announced, the fanbase start to eat each other alive.
>>
>>344305040
>re4fags still unironically use pwned
Not that we needed any more proof that people who still suck RE4's dick and think it's the best one are normies, but okay.
>>
>>344313431
>le normies

RE has literally ALWAYS been a fucking bestseller which automatically means normies love it

RE2 was one of the best selling PS1 games of all time
>>
RE2 is the only one I didn't finish out of the original games and I'm not sure why. I guess I just got bored.

I mean I didn't finish Code Veronica either but that one sucked dick.
>>
> hating on re4 because "muh survival horror"

I always love this. Usually comes from the hipster faggots who think it was just RE1-2-3, and 4 comes out of nowhere tuning the franchise because "action and controls", despite how over the top the series was becoming. Re2 introduced mercenaries and 3 went even more of an action route. Re3 had you making custom fucking grenade launcher ammo for fucks sake and essentially introduced QTES. survivor exists and so do RE0, online and remake.

But no, it's 4s fault for being so damn good that it shat upon the entire franchise and betrayed you. I don't believe any of you are actually old fags who played it on release. There were daily mercs threads and discussion about how it essentially saved the corpse that was RE. It's only when 5 came out and "failed" being co op that people started faulting 4 for anything.
>>
>>344287830
It this real? I thought it would be prerendered like REmake?
>>
>still believing RE2make will be good
You are only hurting yourself
>>
>>344312339
I would run out of ammo way too fast if enemies don't drop it.
>>
>>344313535
Normies these days love RE 1-3 and don't think 4 is the best?
>>
>>344302787
There is no actual evidence from Capcom that they helped with the game in any way. Chances are the 'meeting' was simply so they wouldn't piss anyone off by giving them a C&D order.
>>
>>344314470
not only normies but autistic neckbeards and le retro hipsters too while the contrarians are playing re6
>>
>>344314948
>liking RE 1-3 and not thinking 4 is the best is le hipster neckbeard maymay
I hate RE4's fanbase.
>>
>>344313741

https://youtu.be/zUVzSbGo-DI?t=45s

"RE4 made things really stupid"
>>
>>344315096
learn to read retard
>>
>>344315142
Maybe you should learn to read.
>Normies these days love RE 1-3 and don't think 4 is the best?
>not only normies but autistic neckbeards and le retro hipsters too
>>
>>344315305
are you fucking retarded? Learn some reading comprehension

>not only normies
>but autistic neckbeards AND le retro hipsters too

all 3 groups love them, difference is the normies of today simply dont give a shit about some old games that the normies of that time loved
>>
>>344303885
You're retarded. It's not about improving, it's about changing the genre of the game.
>>
>>344313741
No, I hate on it because it's boring and linear, has QTEs, and set the stage for the rest of the series to be shit.

You're right, I didn't play it on release. I got into the RE series a few years ago, played the original games, then played RE4 and didn't like it. Problem?
>>
>>344315469
>all 3 groups love them
So you're saying that people who like RE 1-3 and don't think 4 is the best is, yes, liked by neckbeard hipsters.
>>
>>344315647
>So you're saying that people who like RE 1-3 and don't think 4 is the best is, yes, liked by neckbeard hipsters.

go fucking learn english and then come back to say stupid shit for your daily im so retro and not a normie cred
>>
>>344315776
Why are you getting mad at me for saying what you said?
>>
File: 1463934016873.jpg (85 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
1463934016873.jpg
85 KB, 460x459
>/v/ hates mediocre games that are dumbed down to pander to the lowest common denominator
>but RE4 is okay for some reason
>>
>>344316008
>im on /v/ so ill try to meme up with some buzzwords

RE4 took the series forward and thats coming from someone who thinks REmake is the best RE game

it objectively made the games deeper and more challenging with less RNG elements
>>
>>344313909
It's a fan game that got cancelled. We still don't know anything about Capcom's RE2make
>>
>>344316208
The only thing RE4 took forward that needed to be taken forward was making it a third-person shooter and maybe not having limited saves. Nothing else was improved upon gameplay-wise. Every other aspect was made worse. It could have been a good game if they decided to actually stick to the formula and improve upon it rather than making something completely different.
>>
>>344316208
Oh, and what meme buzzwords did I use?
>>
>>344316650
>Every other aspect was made worse.

Which RE aspects were made worse by RE4?
>>
>>344316764
>games that are dumbed down to pander to the lowest common denominator
>>
>>344313213
L-like... Zombies
>>
>>344317016
God I fucking hate you people. Everything you see more than once is a buzzword.
>>
>>344317228
>i dont know how to articulate my meme opinion so ill say i-its d-d-dumbed down!!!

do elaborate on how RE4 is more for the "lowest common denominator" than any other RE game before or after
>>
Reminder that 1st person view is closer to RE than shoulder view ever was and some classic RE games featured 1st person gameplay before.
>>
>>344316782
Linearity to the nth degree (yes RE3 and CV started getting linear and I fault them for that too but at least they aren't entirely linear and allow for exploration).
No need to conserve ammo because enemies drop it everywhere.
No need to consider fight or flight because you're always perfectly equipped.
QTEs merely existing.
Survival aspects pretty much removed entirely.

RE4 is another game that dropped elements that made the series unique in an attempt to garner a wider audience, but for some reason it's okay that it did that and not okay that shit like Skyrim did, and anyone who disagrees is just a nostalgiafag.

>>344317016
So that's a meme and a buzzword now? Okay. Glad to see that /v/ is finding more excuses to say arguments are invalid that have nothing to do with the actual claims.
>>
>>344315530
> problem?
yes, you're an underaged faggot fuckboi. No opinion you have matters nor has any merit. I encourage you to kill yourself pronto.
>>
>>344317572
>I don't know how to refute so I'll call your argument a meme because I've heard someone use the same one
Pot, kettle.

>do elaborate on how RE4 is more for the "lowest common denominator" than any other RE game before or after
Because it's far easier and more accessible.
>>
>>344317986
Why are RE4 fags so defensive?
>>
>>344318280
Better question, why are classicfags so aggressive?
>>
>>344317939
This. The sentiment of feeling relief after finding a box of ammo is completely gone in RE4.
>>
>>344318395
That's not something exclusive to classicfags. I can jump into any RE thread, say something negative about RE4, and you people will blow a gasket.
The difference between us is that I can formulate an argument and you people will only spout shit like nostalgiafag, hipster, underage, etc. Which is a lot more aggressive than just making argument. That's why I'm aggressive to you people. Because you're children, you never want to take the effort to argue, you're constantly spouting insults, and that's all you ever do.

I find it strange that there are so many people that love RE4 so much but they refuse to actually make an effort to defend it.
>>
>>344290965
cv was better than 3
>>
>>344319573
you are wrong
>>
Just came in this thread to remind you RE fags need to have their genitals removed.

fucking homos.
>>
re4 is a good game
but fuck you if you think it was better than any of the first three or even a good re game in general
>>
>>344312614
>>344310736
Professional mode just locks the game into the highest dynamic difficulty state.
If you were doing perfectly on normal run, one hit will take like half of your HP bar until it is dialed down, I guess it also affects enemies stats, it also means the better you do, the more enemies bonus placement there will be.
>>
>>344314150

just like a certain game
>>
File: so good.gif (2 MB, 333x194) Image search: [Google]
so good.gif
2 MB, 333x194
>>344312339
Good ideas but you forgot keep the attache cases, make it smaller and actually put it on the character with bigger sizes.
>>
>>344290357

RodLima is actually Brazilian though
>>
>>344320174

>a fucking hue

we all know RE2 remake will be fucking shit, he must release that SDK port at once
>>
The thing I'm most worried about is that they'll fuck up Ada. Ada is my favourite part of RE2 because she's the only one with a legitimate character, and I've fucking despised her in every iteration since 2. If I get even a hint of smug cunt Ada in REmake 2 I'm fucking done.
>>
>people love re4
>hate re5
>it's the same shit
y
>b-b-but co-op
better having a person who can defend herself walk with you than a pair of tits that just gets in the way to get hurt.
>>
>>344315134
Code Veronica X made everything retarded. The original CV on the Dreamcast didn't have matrix wesker.
>>
>>344320285
>>a fucking hue

He did an amazing job considering it was done in fucking UE3 and all by himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXEfSNg2U9Q
>>
>>344320390
Oh for fuck's sake, not this again.

Here we go I guess.
>Worse level design
>Levels are literally just a straight line now
>Sheva's AI sucks
>The game turns to shit after the first and second chapter
>At that point it's just shooting galleries without shitty designed bosses
>Story actually tries to be serious but falls flat on it's face
>You could remove Sheva from the story complately and literally NOTHING would change because she does nothing that impacts the story
>gunplay feels less smooth and satisfying
>>
>>344321183
>>Levels are literally just a straight line now
>>At that point it's just shooting galleries without shitty designed bosses
I thought RE4 fans liked that.
>>
>>344321332
>village and castle sections
>straight line
Are you fucking kidding me, dude?
>>
I could really see RE2 working with RE4 controls.

It's probably the most action focussed of the classic titles, you're swimming in ammo, more so than in Nemesis and FAR more so than in the first game. Most rooms outside of the intro before you reach the police station can be dealt with by just gunning everything down.
>>
>>344321550
Oh yeah, every now and then you get to turn left or climb a latter. Which makes it totally different. It's not the same go-to-room, kill-all-zombies, go-to-next-room, repeat gameplay in both games. This room has ladders!
>>
File: 1464538741265.jpg (15 KB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
1464538741265.jpg
15 KB, 198x200
>>344322054
Seriously, did you even play past the intro? Sure, the level design really isn't that complex, it sure as hell is different than the shit you're describing right now.
>>
>>344322397
The level design for both games is not complex at all. People are just looking for excuses to hate RE5 because it's not the one they played when they were kids.
>>
>RE4fags have an issue with linearity
Never would have guessed.
>>
>>344321183
I never saw RE5s story as trying to be that serious, it always felt like a ridiculous action movie and I love it for that.
>>
>>344323765
That's the RE series for you, but of course for some reason it's not okay in RE5.
>>
File: 81688115.jpg (27 KB, 372x327) Image search: [Google]
81688115.jpg
27 KB, 372x327
>>344287830
RE7 will be shitty meme horror so it's not like it's that hard to be better than that crap.
>>
>>344323896
I see and understand why RE5 upsets people from the older titles, it really is an action game that asks the player to be more cautious with combat and resource management, but I think they deserve to be RE titles if they should be spin-offs.
>>
>>344299421
>best horror
haha yeah fat """"zombies"""" with machine guns
>>
>>344287830
>tfw I know RE2 remake is going to be over the shoulder shit for the ADHD action kids
>cant even get excited one of my favorite games is being remade because even before anything is shown I already know whats going to happen to it.
>mfw
>>
>>344324048
they already confirmed the actual game will be third person and
>>
Why not have two campaigns like they did in the old games?

Make one character action focus, make the other stealth focused.
>>
>>344324862
Survival and stealth are NOT the same thing.
>>
>>344324862
you mean like the last 2 did?
>>
>>344323208
But these are no excuses. I did not enjoy RE5.
The thing about RE4 is that it always shook things up. That's one of the biggest reasons why the game is so loved by many. RE5 rarely fucking does that. It's just shoot, shoot, move to the other area, shoot repeat. One of the only chapters that a unique premise was the boat level. You know, that level where you had a rather big, free map with villages that you can explore? Sure, all you did in the villages was shooting some black people, but it was still enjoyable. If RE5 had more moments like that, then I would have liked it much more.

Also,
>Additional story chapters sold as DLC
Fucking seriously?
>>
>>344323765
It's only at the end where the story becomes a little self-aware. Up until that point it actually felt like a generic military shooter to me.
>>
>>344324862
2 campaigns yes, one action focus and other stealth focused NO

NO, NO, NO
Just no. Fuck you, you stupid asshole.
>>
>>344324862
???
Have you played 4, 5 or 6 AT ALL?
>>
>>344324862
2 did it right. 2 stories that played similar but had enough differences to be its own story. Claire with taking care of Sherry versus Leon and Ada. Also anything you do in Story A would effect Story B.

Doing it wrong: RE6
>>
File: 8.png (788 KB, 1153x642) Image search: [Google]
8.png
788 KB, 1153x642
>>344315134
>imp lying that it didn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wgqf2qkLxk
>>
>>344325534
>that level where you had a rather big, free map with villages that you can explore?
Yeah, the one and only level that did that. And it's all straight lines from there.
>>
>>344325820
I beat 4 and 5, playing 6 now.
>>
>>344324862
Man I'd rather have this linear TPS bullshit than some half-assed attempt at stealth.
>>
>>344287830
resident evil was never a good survival horror franchise
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.