[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix him? Why did they make him such a one trick pony
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Bastion_Pop_Up.jpg (60 KB, 593x604) Image search: [Google]
Bastion_Pop_Up.jpg
60 KB, 593x604
How do we fix him?

Why did they make him such a one trick pony when every other hero has several viable tools? Hell, when you take reload into account, Widow's assault rifle out-dpses him in scout mode.
>>
Give him the barrier back.

Maybe let him move very slowly in turret mode?
>>
>>344287407
make his melee attack do more damage
make him walk a bit faster
>>
>>344287407

Let him strafe at half speed while he's not firing, even while set up.
>>
I'm on PC, is he considered garbage on consoles, too, or is he more viable there? I know Torb is considered close to OP on consoles.
>>
>>344287973
Someone post the webm.
>>
>>344287973
More viable because on consoles turning speeds and precision shooting is harder to do.

High sensitivity means our shooting goes to shit but can turn faster. Low sensitivity means our shooting gets better but a flanker means we will die before we can turn around.

That's why Torbs turrets kills us before the game counters can even land a shot.

Also in my opinion the only counter to Bastion is a good Tracer with pulse bomb same with Torb.

Widowmaker and Mcree aren't even a problem.
>>
>>344287732
Sounds perfect also give him a melee in turret form so he's a crab
>>
>>344288341
What one?
>>
>>344289060
The winston circling the bastion turret on console.
>>
>>344289160
Then do we also post the one of Dva doing the same thing on pc?
>>
>>344289196
Thats because the player is garbage in general.

Console is because of controller limitations.
>>
>>344288524
genji also destroys bastion because I've never once encountered a bastion smart enough to stop shooting when I start my reflect. in general I notice he's become less of a threat and I don't see him picked as much as he was when the game came out and nobody knew what to do about him.
>>
>>344289254
It can happen on both faggot that's the whole point of showing it
>>
>>344289312
Okay but one is because of lack of skill and the other is because of input choice.
>>
>>344289430
It can be said they are both lack of skill because Bastion forgot to turn up his sensitivity. They're are ways to work around that on controller faggot
>>
>>344287973
He's one of the overall agreed upon worst heroes. Not as bad as Zen but pretty damn bad.
>>
File: ConsoleGaming.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ConsoleGaming.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>344289160
>>
>>344289546
fucken lol
>>
File: 1446150002380.jpg (45 KB, 291x280) Image search: [Google]
1446150002380.jpg
45 KB, 291x280
>>344289546
>>
>>344289546
now post the D va one
>>
Make him the way he was in beta. Shield, no heal, limited turret turning.

Makes the counter to him, winston, the counter to him again.
>>
>>344287407
Buy not playing a shit game
>>
>>344289546
how the fuck can anyone defend console fps games
i admit i grew up playing them but once i started actually getting into PC everytime I tried to play with a controller it felt like i was moving through molasses
>>
>>344287551
>make him walk a bit faster
Only Tracer, Genji, and Lucio have faster walk speeds. They disguise this by making characters' strides different even when you're viewing from a first person perspective. Bastion feels slower because he has no alternate movement options, not because of walk speed.
>>
>>344289430
You can turn your sensitivity way up on consoles, and then its just a matter of practicing until you can control your turn speed. To get truly good with an analog stick takes significantly more practice than getting good with a mouse, just because the analog is a lot more finicky. But anyone who plays a competitive shooter with sensitivity under 8 on a scale of 1-10 is just asking to get dumped on.
>>
>>344287407
He was played by luminosity and forget other teams name last night. On KotH for 3 maps by lum and by both on hanamura. This was pro esl tournament.
>>
>>344291398
I like bastion being a counter to Winston. Otherwise, he has plenty of soft counters, but no HARD counter when he's a VERY hard counter to Symmetra. It's only fair that a hero that can shut someone down that hard, that he has a hero that can shut him down just as hard.
>>
>>344287407
I've been reading and a melee form sounds like a cool idea
>>
>>344289546
You know, on a tangentially related issue, notice how fucking long it takes Winston's shitty gun to kill a Bastion.
>>
>>344288524
McCree is outclassed by a half-decent Mei in literally every way now. Same with Widow and Hanzo. It's hilarious how the projectiles are way more effective on console.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.