[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW thread. I'm considering re-subbing. Can anyone in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: Legion_cover.jpg (257 KB, 350x496) Image search: [Google]
Legion_cover.jpg
257 KB, 350x496
WoW thread. I'm considering re-subbing. Can anyone in the Legion beta tell me how it is so far, as unbiased as possible?
>>
>>344286423
The okay stuff
>honor talents look okay
>artifact weapons look cool
>class quest look cool
>world design looks great
>improved professions
>more raid tiers
>"promised" better patches
>"Learned a lesson from the shit that is draenor"
>introduction of mythic dungeons which is great

cons
>ability pruning
>it's blizzard
>LFR still exist

I resubbed for the movie transmogs and just to see how it is. I can tell everyone in the game currently is starved from content and blizzard really fucked it up. They openly admitted it which is a good thing, but lettuce see if they can improve. I always resub for every expansion and play for however long I see fit.

>started in tbc 1 year sub
>wrath 5 months
>Cata 3 months
>MoP 6 months
>draenor 1 month

Draenor was shit.
>>
>>344286423
Dunno if its a normal post or

> WoW thread
> legion_cover.jpg

Fucking marketer
>>
>>344286423
Is there any way to get some free game time?

I wanna resub but i am broke right now.
>>
File: 1438565546541.png (197 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1438565546541.png
197 KB, 500x422
>tfw unironically love the aesthetics of Demon Hunters
I just wanna go sanic fast. I mean their fucking mastery increses MOVEMENT SPEED for christs sake.
>>
>>344287627
You should have the option to pay for a wow token when you login to the game even with no sub.
>>
>>344287753
Yeah i have it but i started recently with WoD, before that i only played private servers so i don't have enough gold. I don't even know what i am doing desu, just doing quests and shit.
>>
File: modular1.jpg (284 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
modular1.jpg
284 KB, 1024x768
>>344287381

Ebin, I spent 150 odd hours on nost and I get called a shill.
>>
why don't you resub to my benis you fuggboi? x-dd
>>
>>344286423
hey is it impossible to create lvl 100 characters on the PTR now? It seems that they taken away that.
>>
>>344287985
Nost shills are even worse than retail babies tbqh
>>
>>344286809

Curious, you think it's going to be an instanced fest? I'm really tired of waiting for ques all the time, and garrisons were LAUGH OUT LOUD bad
>>
>>344289186
Not sure I can't give facts or any opinions on that. From what I've read I people didn't mention any instances. The developers did say what they did with draenor was a mistake and garrisons too were mismanaged.
>>
File: 1454174077513.png (79 KB, 556x576) Image search: [Google]
1454174077513.png
79 KB, 556x576
NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>344289186
It's going to be less of an instance fest than WoD. Plus queuing is mostly worthless because it's only for Heroics and LFR Though tier sets are back in LFR so that's going to get run early on for the bonuses. All the good dungeon stuff requires you to play on Mythic Difficulty which is premade groups only. The only way you aren't going to see players now is if your server is dead because the Order Hall only got Artifact stuff, all the important vendors are still in Dalaran.
>>
>>344289186
I never got this the only people who queue to do content are guildless shitters, /v/ couldn't be filled with shitters could it?

>>344292360
LFR comes out so long after a raid is released no one is going to bother running it for tier except for alts.
>>
wow is dead anon, it will never be like vanilla again

just let it go

i know it's hard
>>
>>344287985
>6 days
>not even level 40
>>
>>344293052
Pretty alive for a dead game.
>>
File: illidan's redemption arc.jpg (41 KB, 165x376) Image search: [Google]
illidan's redemption arc.jpg
41 KB, 165x376
>>344291070
>>
>>344292783
Or those that have had shit luck with it dropping. Took me fucking forever to get my tier 18 hands.
>>
Is it true they made endgame pvp gear available for real world money? Because if that's the route blizzard is taking WoW is absolutely dead.
>>
>>344294684
Where the fuck did you hear that?
>>
>>344294684
What? Dude no one has said that. Where'd you hear it.
>>
>>344294684
Unless you mean money spent on wow tokens to get gold and then having purchased profession crafted gear - Yes. Otherwise no.
>>
Meh, I subbed. Been having fun. 4chan told me I'd hate it. They were wrong, big surprise. 4chan has no life experience so ignore what people think. If you want to try it, try it.
>>
>>344294904
Even then isn't Profession stuff just barely under Normal Raid gear?

And as far as I've seen you need to pay a fuckload to get anything past Stage 3 Weapons.
>>
>>344294952
>50 cents has been deposited into your account
>>
>>344294684
Even if it were true, PvP gear provides little boost in PvP in Legion.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19994381

"For every point that your average item level increases, your pre-determined PvP stats will increase by 0.1%. That means a 25 item level difference between two players only results in a 2.5% difference in stats, compared to the 25% difference it makes today. "
>>
>>344286809
>LFR still exist

People keep bitching about this but I guarantee you and many other people will bitch about the lack of it if it were ever taken out.

It's not fun begging bads to run dungeons on their way of half assing to end game.
>>
Games been broken since WotLK. They should've just made World of Warcraft 2, and started fresh. That way all of us Classic/BC guys could still have our game unmolested.
>>
Legion is pretty much like WoD but with more dumbed down classes.

I've only leveled a bit though so I guess things might get more interesting at end game.
>>
>>344289186
Less than WoD

Mythic+ dungeons are going to be the big endgame for casuals PvErs and you can't queue for that
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Legion_cover.jpg/

fucking stop
>>
>>344286809
> I can tell everyone in the game currently is starved from content and blizzard really fucked it up. They openly admitted it which is a good thing, but lettuce see if they can improve.

They've openly admitted that every time a new expansion is around the corner, for the last 3-4 expansions or so, yet they never improve.
>>
I never understood why Illidan was an enemy in BC.

He hates demons and the Burning Legion...shouldn't he be fighting them alongside the Alliance?
>>
Not looking forward to everyone being Demon Hunters or them being the expansion's baby when it comes to PVP.

Hopefully hunters will still be "lol whats effort?" and I can mow them all down with a gnome.
>>
>>344295385
I'm kind of okay with this. If it goes all the way down to Level 10 then it might mean BoA shitters won't stomp the brackets.
>>
Remember when you could cast different level magic spells, for different mana costs? And Heroic Strike was on the next swing, as opposed to an instant cast, and Thunder Clap hit 4 targets only, and you actually had to hit specific numbers for tanking specs, instead of stamina stacking, and remember how you couldn't fly in the Overworld, and how people actually went to dungeons in the world, instead of magically teleporting there, and how summoning stones were awesome and you had to argue your way out of why you can't be one of the guys going to the stone to help summon, and remember when Mongoose was the coolest enchant in the world, and how we all would get the Blue+Red weapon enchants when we were noobs by our unskilled enchanter friend who was just a few levels higher and trying to show off, and how you purchased your level 40 mount way before you were actually level 40, and then couldn't afford training when you actually did hit 40 because that shit was such a fucking grind, and how you didn't have a guild bank to repair your shit, so plate class would always be broke as fuck from repairs, and how you always had to keep shield block up every single CD, and arrows you needed a stock of, same with poisons
>>
>>344296227
>Do I remember tedious busywork bullshit: the post

Yeah I remember, and I'm fucking glad its gone; the sole exception being different spell ranks, because that's actually useful for mana management.

LFDs only problem is that it draws from a multitude of servers instead of just your server.

LFR should not have been a thing.
>>
>>344296467
They should really just give you a button to press after you log on, and it takes control of your character and does everything for you while they're at it.
>>
>>344287627

You can put it a support ticket to Blizzard via their site and sometimes you can sweet talk your way into free 7 days.

I haven't it done it personally but two friends of mine have done it.

Usually you can bullshit it with you missed the 7 day comeback promotion, etc etc or be honest with them.
>>
>>344296692
yeah i already did that once, now i am asking a second time but i am worried they might ban me or some shit
>>
My LFR story: Que up for LFR in one that offers bonus satchel for DPS. Sit there afk at each boss while everyone else does the raid. Get 1k gold and ilvl 690 gear in 30 minutes.

wew lads
>>
>>344296984

nah I'm sure they won't ban you. Worse thing that could happen is that they'll tell you to piss off / ignore you.

I'd almost wait until the pre-patch is released with the Legion skill-trees / pre-event unless you're that bored.
>>
>>344297208
That's a great way to use your time
>>
>>344297267
yeah they just told me they can't give me more free time because i was already given a week, now i have to subscribe fuck my poorfag life
>>
File: 110 dh .jpg (255 KB, 1092x697) Image search: [Google]
110 dh .jpg
255 KB, 1092x697
Real talk: Why do people still bother? Unless you came in at Wrath or Cataclysm or something.

This game might have "hard" content in the form of the highest difficulty raids and dungeons in Legion, but the classes themselves are becoming more simple and dull to play with every new expansion.

Demon Hunters look like they were handcrafted for the LFR crowd. Legion Warrior in PvP is not even recognizable compared to how the class played in, say, Cataclysm. The skill difference is colossal. The same can be said for many classes.

I don't get it. Does playing dull, shallow shit stimulate you? No, really, does it? Because it disgusts me to see an MMO that used to be interesting and have depth along with its fantastic combat system be stripped down to a turd.
>>
>>344296227
>vanilla nostalgia the post

Yeah, vanilla was a fun and special time. But it had so much tedious shit in it. Almost every change that they've made since vanilla has been for the better.

>People actually went to dungeons.
Get into a non-shit guild and you'll still fucking do that for mythics.

>Summoning stones were awesome
Mythics. They still use them. Hell warlocks are still appreciated in mythics because of how easily they can get people to dungeons / raids outside the LFR.

>mongoose was the coolest enchant
Fuck off roguetard/huntard

>REMEMBER HOW COOL IT WAS FOR MOUNTS TO BE UNBELIEVABLY EXPENSIVE AND UNAFFORDABLE SO NO ONE COULD USE THEM
You're a fucking retard.

>Didnt have the guild bank for repairs
If you're in shit guilds, you still dont have free repairs.

>Remember needing to use defensive cooldowns all the time instead of picking appropriate times to use them
This was not a good thing.

>remember how you needed arrows and soulstones to suck up your bag space
This was not a good thing.
>>
File: 1461500371839.jpg (176 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1461500371839.jpg
176 KB, 770x711
>>344297640
>>344296467
Sorry, forgot my picture*
>>
>>344295856

Don't think they explained it well if at all. They just needed him as an endgame raid boss.

Its as bad as the explanation as to how Garrosh escapes to Draenor.
>>
>>344297640
Can't you just say that you disagree instead of calling him a retard and saying fuck you like an edgy teenager? What made you so bitter?
>>
File: Warlock.jpg (510 KB, 704x495) Image search: [Google]
Warlock.jpg
510 KB, 704x495
Rest in peace, sweet prince
>>
>>344295856
Because BC's story was the worst thing ever written in Blizzard history but it gets a pass because 'muh TBC' nostalgia.

>A demon finds a magic pot that for no well explained reason reactivates the dark portal
>Kael who explicitly knows the legion is responsible for the destruction of his people and his home the saving of which his one defining character trait does a full heel turn and joins them for no reason
(Quick aside here player belfs were retconned into dindus who never once used fel magic massa and the green eyes are just a side effect)
>Kael false flag attacks shatt pretending illidan did it, we find out it was Kael but then march on BT anyway because a known consort of illidan Akarma and an EXILED TRAITOR Miev asks us too
>>
>>344298461
you main warlock as well? Class is boring af in legion. On the other hand, so are most classes with the ability pruning.
>>
>>344298648
Yeah, mad as fuck that UA costs shards now. I'm useless in raids and I don't want to spend another month grinding up a different class. Shit sucks.
>>
fuck off blizzard
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Legion_cover.jpg/
>>
>>344298802
Is this really a change? What the shit? I mained Affliction for years and quit before I wasted another 13 months of no content in yet another expansion, and this is a terrible change unless the buffed the chance to generate shards by 20%.
>>
>>344286809
>LFR still exist
I'm absolutely positive this is the largest clump of cancer that's killing WoW. I've lost count how many people stopped playing WoW after they've done LFR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owfclmLKVAI
Sums it up perfectly.
>>
>>344297535
Real talk I don't get the logic of this post at all.

Rotations were at their 'hardest' during cata as opposed to being less complex during vanilla.
So using your own logic wouldn't people who played during cata like pruning less then vanilla players?
Or is this just a thinly veiled nostalgia shitpost.
>>
>>344298802
Destro feels weak as fuck as well.
>>
>>344298535
Maiev was never exiled nor was she exactly a trator. In fact, she was sort of welcomed back after Malfurion realized she was actually doing her job.

Maiev did nothing wrong.
>>
>>344294952

Warlords is a great expansion for about 2-3 weeks until you hit the "so what do I do now" mark.
>>
>>344297535
> but the classes themselves are becoming more simple and dull to play with every new expansion

You didn't play Vanilla or BC if you think this

Goddamn they were the epitome of boring back then
>>
>>344296639
>I can't differentiate gameplay from tedious filler so I'm going to use a hyperbole to support my point.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_013116_012428.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_013116_012428.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>
>>344298802

yeah I've been maining a warlock for a long time, warlocks in legion do not look good or fun whatsoever. They completely ruined demonology by removing meta and changing the play style which isn't even fun to me, destro is boring as fuck and full of RNG and affliction is just a brain dead spec.

I'll be maining a resto druid for my guild in legion instead.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_070816_190935.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_070816_190935.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>344299680
>>
>>344298446
If the arguments raised are retarded, it is entirely valid to call them what they are.

Mounts and riding skill being so fucking unbelievably expensive that people literally prostituted themselves for gold to have them were not good things. That should be a fucking self-evident truth, retard.
>>
>>344298535
Kael was SUPPOSEDLY going to fix the tempest keep then fly it back to Azeroth to use as a power source for his race and leave Illidan high and dry.

Then they threw that out the window with the Sunwell TEMPEST KEEP WAS ONLY A SETBACK!

I still can't believe they butchered Kael'thas so badly. He was a great fucking character in WC3.

How it SHOULD HAVE GONE:

Illidan should have been allied to the Alliance like the Mag'har were allied to the Horde.

Him and his subjugated Naga should have been helping you bash the Legions shit in.

Kael'thas should have just been the racial leader of BEs, make some no-name lieutenant be the traitor who took Tempest Keep or something.

Kael'thas, Illidan & A'dal should have been present and helping you in the fight against Kil'jaeden when he tried to come through the newly reactivated sunwell.
>>
>>344297208
>Que up for LFR
that's where you went wrong
>690 gear
I bet you're one of those people who lose their shit in awe when a mythic raider queues for heroics and kills the bosses in 8 seconds.
>>
>>344297535
Mage in draenor was much more "harder" than say a mage in BC/Legion.

Although, when living bomb did not have a placement cap in WotLK, it was hilarious.

The 2nd boss in uldar (the dragon to the left, been a long time) was easy as fuck when i could just spam LB on all the mobs.

ALL OF THEM.
>>
>>344293786

Arent they struggling to maintain even half of their peak population?

They started changing the game so it can be accessible and easy for everyone to play, they added bullshit like paying for max level characters, lfr ended the social aspect, making everyone pretty much sitting around waiting for their que.

They did all this to bring in a new playerbase, completely forgetting or even not caring for the original players. The numbers dont lie.
>>
>>344299021
http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classes/legion/warlock

Yeah, it's fucking stupid. They removed DS and Haunt as skills and made them talents that you need to choose between. The general consensus being that damage should be focused on DoTs and not on channeled abilities and filler spells.
>>
>>344299680
>>344299796
thanks for contributing to the thread
>>
>>344300054
Nigga, I'm the person who sells Archy carries. I posted my LFR story to highlight everything wrong with LFR.
>>
>>344300272
Don't try to reason with /vg/-fags. All they care about is attention-whoring
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_042915_020042.jpg (510 KB, 3200x1738) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_042915_020042.jpg
510 KB, 3200x1738
>>344300272
>>
>>344298802
What? I didnt even notice that.

I'm currently maining affliction and it's fairly fun. But I dont think I'm going to be playing my warlock in legion because I'm not keen on the affliction artifact (with the initial design of 'this thing occasionally spawns *more* adds that you should dot up and kill) and the poor level 100 talents. Demonology rework really isnt doing anything for me - and I think current demo was probably more interesting than the rework. Destro has never really done anything for me, despite me going and getting my green fire just to say I have it.

I think I'm going to end up playing either shaman, because all of the specs look great (even if resto has had almost no changes, it is still apparently the most consistent healer out there), or monk, because I think new mistweaver looks pretty good and I can tolerate windwalker.
>>
>>344299680
>>344299796
>fem human
yawn
>>
>>344299352
so you're 740ilvl 13/13m gladiator after three weeks? That's impressive.
>>
>>344300469
>(with the initial design of 'this thing occasionally spawns *more* adds that you should dot up and kill

That entire idea was canned like 4 months ago.
>>
File: 1440243067576.png (100 KB, 268x297) Image search: [Google]
1440243067576.png
100 KB, 268x297
>>344299629

I raided Rogue in BC

My rotation was something like: SSx2-3 -> SnD, SSx5 -> Rupture, SSx5 -> Eviscerate, and don't let SnD fall off. Aside from popping cooldowns.

Demon Hunters seem even more shallow than that. :/
>>
File: mst3kstaredown.gif (2 MB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
mst3kstaredown.gif
2 MB, 275x200
>>344300231
While I agree the channel is and always was fucking stupid, they need to stop overhauling Affliction every expansion. Choose something and stick with it but considering WoW is maintained by 7 interns and a pet baboon I won't hold out hope.

Looks like I'll be hating my Warlock in Legion. How wonderful.
>>
>>344299680
>>344299796
>Male playing female.
fuck off
>>
>>344300646
I'm aware, but I still cant get over the fact that they thought it was a good idea, and mildly resent the artifact because it still keeps a similar theme with needing to use your artifact ability to 'reap' the escaped souls.
>>
>>344300398
Personally, there is nothing wrong with LFR.

If you are selling arch raids, then you already have a community that you raid with. You lose nothing from LFR.

However, those of us without the time to put into a guild (i did back in van/bc/a little of wrath before life kicked in), LFR is really the best way to "catch up".
>>
>>344300138
Half of their peak population are numbers any other sub based MMO would kill to have. Perspective, anon. Many games have succeeded with far less.
>>
>>344300816
>Personally, there is nothing wrong with LFR.
top fucking lel
>>
>>344300770
I liked it conceptually, never had a chance to play around with it. With all the free globals affliction has having something to do that also triggered all of your on kill effects seemed good
>>
File: 1360925779346.jpg (603 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1360925779346.jpg
603 KB, 1280x1707
I played throughout the whole expansion.
I don't do PvP in MMOs, but the PvE content was alright if you do it with a guild you like.
Some people say WoD was shit, but besides badly designed garrisons I think it was ok.

The good
>bonus objective quests
>one-time rares, but a whole bunch of them
>hidden treasures
>recruiting followers from professions, quests, dungeons, raids
>Legendary ring quest (if you've done it from the start, not when you have to catch up by spaming LFR)
>no flying for majority of the expansion
>meeting in Draenor characters that are either dead or corrupted in our timeline (Exarch Akama, Socrethar, Ner'zhul)
>at the beginning - garrisons
>heroic and mythic (really hard) raids
>gear from missions depending on your character progression
>WoW sub tokens
>improving the LFG tool
>continuing challenge modes with good transmogs as rewards
>mythic dungeons

The bad
>later on - garrisons
>professions got fucked up
>fucked up economy thanks to garrisons again (tons of gold for nothing)
>LFR still being absolute shit
>Blizzard's writing
>Ashran
>no content for over a year again

That's from the top of my head. I probably forgot a lot of bad shit, but I think it was an ok expansion. I didn't hate it like most people.
>>
>>344300925

No, really.

What do hardcore raiders lose from LFR?
>>
>>344299326
'just who is the betrayer now woman'
She may never have been officially exiled by she was certainly not in good standing with the nelves till she was retconned after tbc.

>>344299954
Like I said TBC's writing was at best short sighted but even for its time it was just over all ill conceived they dropped too many big names too soon.
>>
>>344300398
Well everyone still playing the game who's not a complete casual knows that LFR shouldn't even exist. That video that was already linked in this thread sums it up pretty well.
LFR was pretty easy to ignore in WoD, unfortunately in Legion it'll be less so, with their magical titanforged lottery system. I'm really looking forward to raiding all 4 difficulties every week because my OCD won't let me pass on the possibility of an upgrade, no matter how unlikely.
>>
File: Confused Jon Snow.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Confused Jon Snow.gif
445 KB, 250x188
>>344300231
And I'm woefully tired of this constant push to use Drain Life. I don't want to. I've never wanted to. It's shit, Blizz, and it always will be in my eyes. Haunt or Drain Soul? Now only UA needs a shard? Soul Swap and Soul burn are gone? Why even bother with shards in the first place now?
And I've no doubt the Grimoires will be unbalanced as fuck and change usefulness multiple times over the course of the expansion.

Just put my Warlock down and out of its misery. Holy shit.
>>
>>344286809

It won't matter until they cut irrelevant content like TBC and Outlands which only 0.0001% are doing for legacy mount the starving will take longer.

Not only do they 38 specs along with 3 talents trees which calls for ability pruning they are redo gear which needs to fall back from Legion and needs to funnel right back down to Vanilla to those irrelevant areas people are not doing.

They got no idea how to fix it but if they apply the same method how they are fixing classes to the useless areas which no one is doing and not in the current storyline they can easily get things out faster.
>>
>>344301146
>. That video that was already linked in this thread sums it up pretty well.

No, it really does not.

It fails to bring into account what the hardcore raider loses with the addition of LFR.

Logically, they lose nothing.
>>
File: 1425569717280.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1425569717280.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>344300610
>740ilvl full pvp
>literally gets shitted on by 740+ gemmed pve with two pvp trinkets
>versatility gear pieces only drop in raid anyway
PvPfags are such a joke that even blizzard acknowledges it now
>>
>>344301146
I really don't think even with the titan lotto it will be worth clearing lfr once it's released if you're in an above average guild.

I mean the numbers are against you getting an upgrade in lfr if you're clearing heroic by the time its released (and you can be). The drop has to be for something you don't already have then roll up like 5 times then likely be tier not to drop a bonus.
>>
>>344301274
I'm convinced the only ones who complain about LFR are the raiders with no friends or a decent guild that have to "suffer" through it.
>>
>>344301201
>dey change my class it worst thing ever
Christ dude it's still a dot class at heart. If you play pvp at all they're apparently ridiculously hard to kill between that lifesteal dot and drain life
>>
>>344301539
Well yeah, but then those raiders would not raid at all.

They can still put in for a raiding guild on their server.
>>
>>344297640
>>344296467
>Complain about tedium for years
>Wow, these 'quality of life' changes are great!
>Wow, this game is shallow and boring. It feels like a single player game. What happened?

People don't realize that the tedium, the long progression times and reliance on community is what makes MMOs great. 'Quality of Life' inclusiveness killed Everquest and it killed WoW. In fact, inclusiveness has been killing the gaming industry for a decade now. Well, I shouldn't say killing, because inclusiveness is better for business, but it waters down the experience for anyone who isn't brand new to gaming. Alas, it's unsustainable to constantly cater to casuals because eventually, those casuals will yearn for deeper and more complex products.
>>
>>344301004
I knew I forgot about something

The good
>personal loot
>>
what class should I pop the free 100 boost on?
>>
>>344301146
>LFR was pretty easy to ignore in WoD, unfortunately in Legion it'll be less so, with their magical titanforged lottery system
less so because of the titanforged system and more so because they're bringing back tier gear into the LFR loot table, meaning you'll need to run LFR anyway to get that sweet 4 piece set bonus

though i did hear something about them making it so that LFR has unique bonuses, i couldn't find anything confirming that
>>
>>344301274
They lose potential recruits. That's not even subjective bullshit I pulled out of my arse. It's been noted in actually numbers that LFR hurts real raiding because a lot of potential new comers just stop at LFR because they don't understand why multiple levels exist or don't see the point of 'repeating' the content slower with more rules placed upon them.
>>
>>344288629
Resub to MY benis fuggin imdort
>>
>>344301759
Wait for the class trials to go live and then try them all before you decide
>>
>>344301648
>, those casuals will yearn for deeper and more complex products.

In wow, it already exists. You just cant LFR it.

>>344301782
LFR had tier gear in pandaland and warlords.
>>
File: 3q24132.png (237 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
3q24132.png
237 KB, 500x388
>>344301648
(you)
>>
File: 1464542888231s.jpg (7 KB, 220x250) Image search: [Google]
1464542888231s.jpg
7 KB, 220x250
>>344286809
15/mo still exists and new xpac doesnt give you a month for free
>you forgot that con
>>
>>344301053

Being forced to do it for tier in Legion or valor in 6.2 because LFR players are so shit that Blizzard had to incentivise raiders to carry them and reduce queue times.
>>
>>344301971
It had tier gear with the exact same set bonuses for every dps, tank, and healer. You had to get to at least normal to get tier with actual effects
>>
>>344294684

It's true.

>Buy tokens for gold
>Buy Champion's Honor in the AH
>Be conquest geared.
>>
>>344301840
>>344301840
>They lose potential recruits.

How so, well lets see...

>. It's been noted in actually numbers that LFR hurts real raiding because a lot of potential new comers just stop at LFR

Before LFR raiders stopped at normal's before the new raid came out.

Fallacious argument is fallacious.

Those with the time and intelligence to actually do heroic/mythic stuff were always rare
>>
>>344301759
Mages have always been strong. Druid heals will be strong in Legion. Huntards are Huntards. Ret pallys are getting their mobility nerfed. Don't know about Rogues. Warlocks might as well be deleted from the game. Priests are okay, but their healing won't be as top tier as the druid. Warriors are making some pretty dope tanks, same as Blood DKs.

Just stay away from Warlocks and Ret Paladins.
>>
>>344301759
Demon hunter :^)
>>
>>344301971
>LFR had tier gear in pandaland and warlords
>warlords
LFR offered you reskinned pvp gear, there was no tier set to speak of
>>
>>344302140
>It had tier gear with the exact same set bonuses for every dps, tank, and healer.

Not true for the 4set bonus.

>>344302137
Is the tier shared?

I assume it was different tier stuff at lower ilevel so it would be a complete waste of time.
>>
>>344301971
the tier gear you got in WoD was pretty shitty though.

It was something like
>2 set gives a chance to summon fel orb that do X damage
>4 gives X main stat boost that slowly goes away

Compare that to the actual tier gear you get in normal then we are talking about a huge performance boost

They are bringing it back in legion though and that is pretty sad because a bunch of shitters complained that they didn't get the same gear as the HC/mythic people.
>>
demon hunter is pretty fun and interactive when you get felblade and demonic.
>>
This tier in LFR argument makes no sense.

Remember we have normal and heroic out before mythic and then later again LFR opens.
There will be no reason for a raider in an even half decent guild to be running lfr on their main. People will be progressing on heroic and running full clears on normal for tier in the first month.
>>
File: 1361189655685.jpg (29 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
1361189655685.jpg
29 KB, 180x200
>>344302190
>Same can be achieved by camping Ashran for a week
Going by time to gold ratio buying conquest gear isn't even worthwhile in the end
>>
>>344302416
>there was no tier set to speak of
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Felfume_Raiment
>>
>>344301546
Eh, it's just me and my typical sky-is-falling reaction. I like my Warlock; had it since vanilla and I grow tired Blizzard fucking with the mechanics every two years, moving further and further away from Affliction actually being about DoTs and more standing stock still channeling a disco beam into fools.

And no I don't PvP. I haven't touched WoW in 8 or 9 months.
>>
>>344302262
probably Druid then...I think a new role might be interesting
>>
>>344302190
Champions honor is still subject to the weekly cap, so at best you're paying real money to get on a worse gear level than people who actually do pvp (because they have higher caps and so earn more). Thing is, if you want pvp gear without effort you can just build the gladiator's sanctum and do a bit of Ashran, it will shit out gear, honor and conquest daily for almost no effort at all.
>>
>>344302190
I remember doing the calculation on that. It cost somewhere well over $150 just using average numbers.

You have to be retarded to do that.
>>
>>344302706
just as i finished typing that, i read >>344302571
and realized my folly
mea culpa
>>
File: le fake garrison face.jpg (224 KB, 986x694) Image search: [Google]
le fake garrison face.jpg
224 KB, 986x694
I'm in beta and it's pretty much more of the same. Don't expect a call back to vanilla, TBC, or even WotLK.

After a week you'll "crack" the expansion: log in to do raids, do class hall (garrison) missions, and do world quests for the Diabloesque adventure mode chest reward. Then you log off.

It's got class/trade skill storylines, Suramar (think Tanaan but with actual quests), rep grinds, but let's be honest: you'll exhaust that within 2 months and then it goes back to the typical grind that I pointed out previously.

To me it seems like this expansion is closest to pre-SoO MoP more than anything.
>>
>>344300610
>you're not 13/13M theres still content!
>run the same fucking raid with BIGGER NUMBERS

Yeah nah, I got my 13/13H and magic moose. Theres nothing left for me to do PvE wise.
>>
File: hue.jpg (6 KB, 187x182) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
6 KB, 187x182
>>344302834
>You have to be retarded to do that
So the Blizzard's target audience then?
>>
>>344302881
>Pre-SoO MoP

So it's actually pretty decent?
>>
>>344302571
>Compare that to the actual tier gear you get in normal

Is it the same tier as normal, or not?

If so, its shitty, but they will only run LFR for a week or so, until they have enough guild gear for heroics.
>>
File: 1465843899435.jpg (95 KB, 674x585) Image search: [Google]
1465843899435.jpg
95 KB, 674x585
>>344302136
if only wow was free, I would play it for at least 6 months, but I always sub back for one month because I'd rather buy another fucking game then pay $30 for two months
>>
File: 1382991718577.png (156 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1382991718577.png
156 KB, 625x626
>>344302938
>run the same fucking raid with BIGGER NUMBERS
>>
>>344302194
It's not fallacious. You see even 'normal' back in the day (not flex normal real normal) required you to commit to a guild stick to a raid schedule and all that jazz that lfr does not have.
Now a potential new raider go through lfr and 'see everything' then have to want to make the jump to normal and learn about guild culture, then have to want to do the same thing again but with more serious people and then again.

It's just straight up more hoops with more potential stops then what we used to have ergo a higher level of attrition.
>>
>>344302839
Its all good, thanks for not shitposting about it.

Now, it WAS shitty, but it WAS tier gear.

The 2 set bonus actually is not too bad.
>>
>>344301053

You don't need to defend yourself from nerds that dedicate all their time to this one game.
>>
>>344302707
I feel it. I hope they come up with some way to actually make use of all of those on-kill effects because as it stands they're only useful for questing.
>>
>>344302262
You need to catch up famalam Holy's been blowing up from the last couple of passes.
>>
I don't get the hate on demonlogy warlocks.
Literally for the first time in WoW lifespan they have unique flavour and playstyle to them.
How are people hating the fact that you have an army of demons that you nurture and buff?
My only complaint about it is that the AoE spell is difficult to aim because it's centered on your pets.
>>
>>344302136
>xpac prices increased
>content decreased
>no free month with the xpac anyway
they want me to stay away from their shit
>>
>>344303146
Said like a true LFR filth
>>
>>344303086
>You see even 'normal' back in the day (not flex normal real normal) required you to commit to a guild stick to a raid schedule.

this is not entirely true either. I was not active raider in WotLK after i stopped, but i still got subbed into raids all the damn time. It just took a fuckload longer.
>>
>>344303094
unless i'm mistaken, didn't LFR tier gear only get introduced in hellfire citadel?
because most of my memories from WoD was doing LFR in HM and BRF, and i can't recall finding anything apart from recolored/reskinned pvp gear there
>>
>>344302881

Pre 5.4 MoP was good though, that said I'm not convinced that it's not going to crash and burn a month in like Warlords did.
>>
FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, IM FREE AT LAST
>>
>>344303218
I personally just don't find the rotation fun. Seeing that many imps skittering around is an experience, though
>>
>>344302881
pre-soo mop was pretty good desu

>>344302938
the fights are much more interesting, I get it if you don't want to do that sort of thing but don't discredit it completely.
>>
>>344303156
They won't. At the most they'll do some bullshit involving the on-kill stuff being translated into a short-lived buff, possibly through a max-level ability or tier gear. But personally I think they won't even bother to address it.
>>
Why are people getting upset over people getting significant gear from LFR as if MMOs take a tremendous amount of skill?

This game's PVE is all about time and patience.
>>
>>344303354
See you in half a year or less
>>
>>344302938
>M-m-mom! Why can't I get out of Gorefiends stomach on my own?! Do something!

I know that's bait but damn do I want to punch your fucking ignorant face.
>>
>>344302596
>There will be no reason for a raider in an even half decent guild to be running lfr on their main

LFR has trinkets and set bonuses now, you idiot. There is absolutely a reason for even a Mythic raider to run it.
>>
>>344295468
pretty much

for every 1 great memory of vanilla, there are 10 bad repressed memories of UBRS runs and 5 hour raids with no loot pressing shadowbolt 100000x
>>
>>344302596
That does make sense though. No one should ever have to bother with LFR unless they literally have no interest in setting foot in a regular raid, with the only exception of people who join mid-expansion and are desperate to catch up which might be valuable for like 2 weeks. With LFR dropping uglier generic gear and no tier gear, it is now firmly for casuals only.

It really shouldn't even exist, and they should make scaling/randomized dungeons the attraction for casuals instead of having mythic pre-mades, but that's Blizzard for you. Why make new dungeons or keep them relevant for the people who just want to log in and quickly play something engaging when they can throw them at the same neutered raid every single week where it's basically impossible to wipe.
>>
File: We Batman now.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
We Batman now.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>344303034
There's A LOT of games coming out on console for me this fall and winter that I want to play, I love WoW but I'm going to playing Final Fantasy XV for the next two or three months when it comes out probably, I've been waiting on that shit for YEARS.

I've played the demos and watched the trailers and gameplay for it, it looks 100x better than Final Fantasy XIII. Sadly it's not coming out till September 30th, still have to wait almost 3 more months for it. There's also Dishonored 2 and some other stuff that I can't remember that's coming out.

I still don't even have Overwatch yet because I'm a poorfag who's unemployed right now, once I get a job I'm planning to get Overwatch but it sucks because everyone will already be way ahead of me and shit. Overwatch kind of strikes me as the nerd version of Call of Duty with a MOBA twist or some shit.
>>
>>344303378
>tfw been playing with my observer Gorkek for ages
>Gork and I have been through some shit but he's always been there for me
>annoying healers to death in pvp
>stealing important buffs
>literally no reason to use basic pets in legion
I'll miss you, you magnificent blue bastard
>>
>>344303612
I guess they're changing the lfr loot differences to appeal to casuals. The point still stands though. They don't want raiders to feel like they ever have to set foot in LFR.
>>
>>344303612
>where it's basically impossible to wipe.
Oh boy, you have no idea how retarded current wow players are do you?

I resubbed a while ago and started farming tomes on lfr, got to Archi for the week, and then my group proceeded to wipe FIVE TIMES ON FUCKING LFR ARCHIMONDE

Like holy shit how are you this bad?
>>
Some honst thoughts from a 30 year old wageslave who played WoW since launch, with various breaks in between

1. The intro quest was cool
2. The demon hunter chain was nice, but overall I don't like the class that much. Feels rigid
3. Class pruning is good, I'm an old man now and I don't wanna play Cata Feral or even MOP Monk level button mashing
4. Ass Rogue's new animations look really good, and honestly feel the most closely to an "action MMo". Dont really feel like the other classes' animations really stood out that much or really gave the "visceral combat" feel they were going for
5. That's all I did, didn't really lvl beyond 100. Mostly just did some target dummy stuff or tried 110 on the pvp realm. Don't have the same passion I had for the game I used to have

Overall I'll probably still play Legion at some point
>>
Is anything changed or updated from Vanilla areas?

I feel like a lot of low-level zones are kinda getting stagnant, and it's kinda sad to see them go to waste.

For example, the shitpoor quality of the Blood Elf main city
>>
A lot of class/specs seem like they got destroyed.
Some look fun though.

Survival looks interesting.
Fire mage.
Unholy/Frost DK's.
Enhacement Shamans.
Outlaw rogue.

Others are super shit though.
Warlocks in general, any Hunter spec that is actually ranged.
Frost mages.

Demon Hunters look really boring, but super flashy.
>>
>>344303315
If you wanted to clear more then lootship or clear 10man ToT after ICC dropped you had to run in a guild. I mean constant full clears like you get in LFR now you weren't getting in PUG in wrath.

>>344302881
Are you actually expecting more then 2 months of constant new pre raid content for one character in one patch of an expansion?
Where is this big fallacy that there was an endless stream of content in TBC your main could run outside of raids?
In TBC after xmonths you only logged your main farmed mats if you were a raid bitch then raided , In 'modern' WoW you only logged your main to maybe farm mats for something or do an achive then raid. That's WoW for the hardocre player when did this become a bad thing?
>>
>>344303612
I've actually wiped on LFR Archimonde. Several times. No, it's not because I was shit. Some people just don't know how to raid. They don't know that you're occasionally supposed to target the Doomfire sphere. They don't know that you can break the chain by running from it.
>>
File: 1464348842996.jpg (203 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1464348842996.jpg
203 KB, 800x600
>>344303586
>>
>>344303879
>just started playing recently
>terrible, keyboard turning and everything
>making terrible mistakes
>friend I was playing with who has been in since vanilla says I'm probably still better than 90% of players
>laugh it off
>try lfr
>laughterstops.jpg
>>
>>344304008
>any Hunter spec that is actually ranged.
what did they do
>>
>>344304008
Is Outlaw actually good? I've heard it's the RNG class
>>
File: 1467264451800.jpg (246 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
1467264451800.jpg
246 KB, 400x800
>>344304020
>feral druid raiding in vanilla
>>
>>344304136
Survival is now a melee spec
>>
>>344304184
It is RNG as shit with there main ability being a random buff.

Outside of that it's fun to play.
Probably wouldn't want to raid or pvp as one though.
>>
>>344304184
If you want you can talent it into being incredibly boring instead. But yeah, most of your damage is from praying to Mr. Bones. You still do okay damage if Mr. Bones is feeling unmerciful but the gambling aspect does feel appropriate for a pirate
>>
>>344304020
Hahahahahaha. Saving this.
>>
>>344304184
>I've heard it's the RNG class

Your combo finisher now consists on rolling dice and see what you get from them.

This isn't made up.

No really, I never made this up.

Fucking google it faggot.
>>
>>344304260
Gms girlfriend bro, can't tell her what to do or she cries and you lose your raid spot
>>
why doesn't /v/ get together and just have a re-roll day where we all start at 1st level and play through all the content together as one solid guild?
>>
>>344304260
That's why there's just one. Must be raid leader's gf or something
>>
File: 1463088861971.jpg (48 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1463088861971.jpg
48 KB, 490x490
>>344304020
>feral druid
>ever outside of endgame MoP
>>
>>344304474
I would be down for this
>>
>>344304412
>Wanting to play a pure RNG based class

I have to much anxiety for that shit, good luck to the people who will/want to and enjoy playing classes like that. I'd personally get so frustrated at a class like that where everything is based off chance and luck, of course if you want to role-play some gambler style character then go for it.
>>
>>344304474
Because you don't do quests to level up anymore. You spam 5-man dungeons.
>>
File: 1337065761194.jpg (256 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1337065761194.jpg
256 KB, 1920x1080
>>344304474
>he wants a /v/ guild
You think you do but you fucking don't
>>
>>344303540
You understand that LFR doesn't open the same days as normal and heroic right? The first 'wing' of LFR opens like a month after normal/heroic. If you don't have normal on farm after a month you aren't a mythic raider.
The only 'mythic raiders' that will ever be running LFR will be people in top 20 guilds doing split runs or people who get super unlucky in super badly distributed raid tiers.

Now that there's no legendary quest-line the argument that it will be worth it for most mythic raiders to be running consistently lfr is weak.
>>
>>344304512
Feral druids tore ass in WotLK
>>
>>344304013
Archimonde is a really special case because they didn't bother to strip out the instant death pass/fail mechanics, and that's probably because it's a single-boss lfr with almost no trash.
>>
>>344303648
That webm is so retarded. The weight distribution in that car is so far off where the wings are, even if it did generate any lift (wings are way too small to generate enough), the nose would point straight at the ground because the engine and passengers are all ahead of the wings.
>>
are druids still the dominate pvp healers?
>>
File: 1461281170204.jpg (579 KB, 1868x1046) Image search: [Google]
1461281170204.jpg
579 KB, 1868x1046
Who the fuck still plays this game other than Blizzdrone cuckolds?
>>
Thinking of playing warrior. How fucked am i?
>>
>>344304915
>itemlevel is the biggest piece of information in the character tab
The creator of gearscore singlehandedly ruined the game by directing everyone's attention to some arbitrary numbers associated with the item, absolute fucking madman
>>
>>344304820
>Applying real life physics to a video game

M8, it's a fucking video game, and a final fantasy one at that. It's not suppose to make sense, calm down mister MIT graduate.
>>
>>344298802
>a month to get a class to 100

maybe at 15 minutes a day
>>
>>344304820
It's final fantasy, anon. They ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>344304412
>pirate class
>finisher is some gambler shit
Man they could have done so much better.

>Shiver Me Timbers
>Finishing move that blasts the target with frost, temporarily stunning them and slowing them, in addition to doing frost damage.

>Rattle the Bones
>Beat down on the opponet's bones, damaging them and debilitating them, reducing damage output by 10/15/20/25/30% for a short duration

>Keel-Haul
>Swing a chain with a hook on the end of it to impale your target, pulling them to you. Inflicts mild physical damage and a bleed over time.

>Star Board
>Smack your target silly with a loose plank, temporarily dazing them and causing loss of control of their character.

>Pirate's Wrath
>Rip off another game to unleash a heavy hitting combo of attacks, striking the target and enemies standing near it for a moderate amount of physical damage.
>>
>>344305075
You're going to play a different class from what you remember, that's for sure.
>>
>>344304278
yeah but i meant how did they make marksmanship/beast mastery shit
>>
>>344305263
well it can't be worse than WoD arms. is fury ok?
>>
>>344303950
that fucking MoP dps monk.

>friend plays high end raiding
>he rerolls as monk because they need one
>3-4 months later
>he needs a fucking operation for his wrist because it was so damage after playing monk

Found it funny that people complains about ability pruning when both endgame Cata and MoP had you filling your bars with spells that were used like 1 time. And those expansion gets a tons of shit thrown at them.
Cata was a really bad expansion though
>>
>>344305075
Arms is looking decent after the trash fire that was Draenor, although they just got things really "clicking" a few weeks ago. Plenty of time to re-fuck it.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x333
>>344292783
>the only people who queue to do content are guildless shitters

I am/was in a guild that did heroic/mythic raiding and I queue for 5 mans all the time

Not everyone wants to do heroic dungeons when they don't need them, and I like playing with strangers because it's a lot less consistent, and I guess the old idea of making friends through LFG lingers in my mind even if people don't even say hello anymore
>>
>>344304915
>Maj'Eyal
MY AFRICAN AMERICAN SIBLING!
>>
>>344305391
>is fury ok?
The one major complaint is that it takes too long to get to the trainer for a respec :^)
>>
>>344304617
>>344304412
>>344304184
They're changing RtBs to at least give something of a more consistent experience so it wont be as hilariously RNG as it is now. That said why would anyone want to play a pirate skinned combat over new assassination. Hell even subs more interesting then combat now (inb4 5000 posts about the removal of blade turning).
>>
File: Grand Crusader King Arthas.jpg (436 KB, 1067x1200) Image search: [Google]
Grand Crusader King Arthas.jpg
436 KB, 1067x1200
I only ever cared about Paladins in WoW, are they relevant in Legion? Will they ever be relevant at all? What about RET Pallys or Prot Pallys? Are they decent in Legion?

Please say something positive, it's the only class I ever main'd or put the most time in.
>>
>>344305398
cata was fine for the first month
>druid nerfed in all aspects
>heroic nerfs
raids looked interesting but i didn't got to experience them before nerfs
>tried to pug that sinestra achievement during DS for a few weeks with the same group mostly
we failed still .it was interesting/fun
>>
>>344305391
I like fury though the filler attack still feels like garbage, at least it buffs bloodthirst
>>
are druids still #1 pvp healers? haven't played since BC
>>
File: 1421229234107.png (120 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
1421229234107.png
120 KB, 284x339
>>344305691
>What about RET Pallys
>Please say something positive
I'm sorry
>>
>>344305691
Bad news son all pally players are faggots

>>344305075
Everyone is foaming about fury changes but is basically the same as it always was, Arms is better then Wod and prot is okish kinda basically midtier.
>>
>>344305691
Paladins are fine, holy is super OP right now but tuning pending

I personally didn't like prot but it looked like it worked, ret was fun
>>
>>344294270
Is he going to poke Tyrande's forehead too?
>>
>WOWFAGS
ahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhh fucking ff14 > this garbage
>>
>>344305982
Ret is fine, you ret crybabies are fucking retarded
>>
BEHOLD: IT IS I, THE FEARSOME sexyTwink69 AND WIELDER OF THE ALMIGHTY ASHBRINGER!!!!!

Why did they make super important lore weapons available to the player again?
>>
>>344306148
I don't play fucking Holy, I'm not a healer. I either tank or do DPS, goddamn heal specs getting all the good shit.

Oh well, guess I'll play the most popular meme class, whatever that'll be in Legion, I'm assuming Demon Hunter. What will be the strongest DPS class in Legion you think? Or what will be the most popular class besides Demon Hunter?
>>
>>344305691
I think rotationally Ret is looking decent. The biggest complaints are that they have absolutely zero mobility without talenting specifically for a pretty long cooldown. That said, most ranged are also bitching that they can't kite melee effectively anymore anyway, and Ret still has quite a few tools to close gaps in pvp without relying on movement speed boosts.
>>
>>344306460
Because the game is super old.
After 12 years of killing old gods and all that shit, players have far more rep for getting shit down the Thrall or Illdian, or any random NPC from WC3.
>>
>>344306505
Enhance shaman
>>
I think this expansion is the first time I'm going to reroll. I like Warrior but DH tank looks sexy.

You can mog artifacts, right? I'd still rather have regular swords than glaives.
>>
WoW is fucking shit
LEgion WIll be the end, mark my words
blizztards killed their own game
>>
>>344306460
>Not being terrified of the legendary IStabUDie
>Not knowing the ever beautiful radience of lady UseABandage
>Not being honored to bear witness to the class leader, fucknígs , leader of the Paladin Order of Holy Righteousness
>>
>>344306460
The player is a super important lore person, hence why everyone in the game is Supreme High Overlord-General Commander in Chief of the Alliance and Horde armies with their own garrison
>>
>>344304915
>he posted it again

The absolute madman
>>
>>344306753
wish we could go back to being just random adventurers who come in and fuck shit up
>>
>>344306654
Lol, I haven't heard anyone in this thread talk about shammies at all. You're like the first person to mention that class.
>>
>>344306661
I'm not sure how glaive mogging works but yeah, you can mog artifacts to whatever you want under normal restrictions
>>
>>344306460
At this point SExyTwink69 has killed C'thun, illidan, Kaelthas, Vash, KT, Anubarak, Sindragosa, Yoggles, Arthas, Cho'gall, Swagnaros, Deathwing, Li-shen (who had to be put down by a titan ion cannon last time), Archimonde, Garrosh and the list goes on.

They're far more deserving of the ashbringer then marysue fordring.
>>
>>344306505
you have to keep in mind that through all expansions mages has always been the strongest dps wise and will probably still be the best in legion.
>>
>>344306751
>>344306753
I miss being just an adventurer

It was fun trying to gauge how strong your character was n WC3 terms vs. the few bosses that were liches and death knights

Now it's just dumb since there are pigs that could solo Onyxia, and they're just regular wild animals
>>
>>344306880
What's wrong? Didn't like when Green Jesus came in and shot friendship lasers at the hentai dragon who promply turned into disney sparkles?

Or are you just mad when green jesus was allowed to use magic in a melee only fight :^)

I am absolutely furious about both of those fucking things and I have never played WoW since that day.
>>
>>344306880
You know this is a myth right? Story wise the player character stops being some random nobody at like level 40 yeah? In the story the player character as been super important for over a decade.
>>
>>344307041
>TFW I started playing WoW during WOTLK
>TFW First class was a Blood Elf Mage
>TFW Got it to max level
>TFW I was playing on my friend's second account and his dad made him shut it down/delete it

To this day I've never hit max level on another character, it was my first and last max level character. It was also the first and last time I truly had fun playing WoW, probably because I was playing with two of my best friends and we got online everyday/played at each other's houses.

Good times, also I hate the way mages are now compared to how they were in WOTLK.
>>
>>344307027
>sexytwink69 killing all of those
Going back and doing it at level 100 doesn't count because they're already dead at that point, at least lorewise.
>>
>>344295856
Because blizzard didn't explain shit it was obvious illidan was fighting the legion we were only told vague shit like he attacked shattrath even tho it was kael and we all knew it

We did the legions Job for them by killing them

Then we pushed kiljaeden back down a hole so it evens out I guess
>>
>>344306992
Thanks famicom. I swear i heard they were just swords like the ones from BT but I'm not in the beta so no clue.
>>
So do most people consider Wrath to be the definitive version before things started going downhill?
>>
>>344307541
most people consider wrath to be the point where things started going downhill.
>>
>>344305691
Storywise they seem to have a sizable role. From the little bit of the class campaign I played it seems that paladins will be working to take down the dreadlord Balnazzar.

And gameplay wise all 3 have felt fun to play so far. I haven't paid much attention to numbers since everything is still being balanced.
>>
>>344307302
we've always just been called heroes
we never got as much attention before as we did in WoD
>>
File: 1423179952720.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1423179952720.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>344307027
>implying that the lfrtards was able to defeat Mythic Archimonde in the nether

I hope you do know that he isn't really dead if you kill him the canon way.

>>344307113
>implying you were just an adventure when you and a bunch of autistic manbabies defeated a god

Yea, stay delusional kid. Even something like defeating the freaking primal element of fire Aka ragnaros is insane. ( the strongest druids in the world and archdruids weren't even capable)

you were never an adventurer after the lvling part
>>
>>344307625
Speak for yourself. Cataclysm is where things started sucking for me.
>>
>hit 100
>ask in general chat how long would it take me to get the legendary ring
>most people respond with 5+ weeks, some say 10+, others say i wont make it
> 4 days in, already got 80 abrogator stones.

does the grinding gets harder or im gonna get my ring in 2 weeks?
>>
File: 1459667054351.webm (3 MB, 416x600) Image search: [Google]
1459667054351.webm
3 MB, 416x600
When can a get a Pandaren wife for my human paladin?
>>
File: 1464438494623.jpg (260 KB, 1132x887) Image search: [Google]
1464438494623.jpg
260 KB, 1132x887
>>
I WANT MY LEGACY SERVER DAMMIT
>>
>>344307113
Wish the game had an alternate dimension area that wasn't a part of the main world or was even acknowledged by it. Like, a meta dimension where only players and maybe like one or two NPCs who work there could go and knew existed. In this area should be the most insanely powerful shit concievable, but like one at a time and requires out-of-the-box thinking to figure out how to deal with.

Like, just come up with the most conveluted asinine bullshit to kill these bosses. Such as, a boss that can only be damaged by one particular character ability, but every time that ability is hit it changes to a different ability. Or even a boss that's only damaged by one faction or the other at any given time, requiring the coordination of two sets of players to defeat it. Or even a dungeon where when you enter you're automatically set to level 1 with starter gear, and clearing a floor grants you one level up. The floors could be randomly generated and the goal is to get as far as possible with your group.

Just, stupid shit like that. Your character is already the most fucking powerful thing in the world because of insane number stacking, why not throw it at shit that shouldn't exist?
>>
>>344307625
Only since 2.3. When LFD was implemented. Although it was restricted to server only if I recall correctly. Ulduar was GOAT though.
>>
>>344307818
>I hope you do know that he isn't really dead if you kill him the canon way.
LFR is there to see the lore
if it doesn't appear in LFR its fake and fanfition well not like the whole of wow isn't fanfiction tier anyway
>>
>>344307332
more then a few of my guild mates have killed most of those bosses while current myself included. Some of the characters names are down right retarded mines a little better but nothing close to an rp name.
>>
>>344307884
I remember since Vanilla there were rumors they were gonna add pandas but I never actually thought they would be dumb enough to do it
>>
>>344307878
>do highmaul for stones
>get 30 stones in 3 weeks
screw that shit
>>
File: 1455597144107.jpg (425 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
1455597144107.jpg
425 KB, 900x563
Can't wait to get my own ashbringer!
>>
>>344308246
thats the point, i did highmaul, got 10 stones and the rest i got them from garrison missions, dockyard missions and that ogre that gives you 25 stones for 15k apexis
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.