[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your experience like playing Crash Bandicoot 2 for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Japanese REhash Bandisloot 2.png (3 MB, 8176x3440) Image search: [Google]
Japanese REhash Bandisloot 2.png
3 MB, 8176x3440
What was your experience like playing Crash Bandicoot 2 for the first time?
>>
1st ps1 game. still fantastic.
>>
Best Crash tbqh
>>
Fuck the river stages up the ass.
>>
>>344262060
why
>>
>>344261817
This
>>
>>344261648
Are the you the same Anon who's constantly trying to get people excited about your Japanese copy of Sly Cooper, but the threads never take off?

>>344262060
Nah, they're great. How can hate levels with this music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AES1vBUzgCw
>>
>>344261648
As a kid, the first sewer level was a difficulty spike, whereas the first bee level was a brick wall.

As an adult, Cortex's machinery levels have certain parts that still get me and puts dents in my speed runs. Ruin levels are okay if I concentrate hard.
>>
>>344261648
One cry of FUCK after another.
>>
>>344261648
>cousin comes over with his ps1
>all these random gold rewritable discs
>one says Crash 2 on it
>boot it up
We played all night and it was a blast. I 100% it every other month.
>>
>>344261648
I played it on emu years after I beat 1 and 3 on ps1.
I liked it as much as other two.
>>
>>344266717
Post pre-console version, family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWs8026gk8
>>
It's perfect in every way.
>>
>>344261648
Played first game and realized how god awful the game is compared to mario 64/banjo and any other platofromer at its time and didnt bother with 2

games are garbage
>>
>>344268189
That's a shame because 2 greatly refined on everything knowing what was wrong with 1.
>>
>>344268189
The second game is nothing like the first one though
>>
File: Hogwild1.png (371 KB, 623x430) Image search: [Google]
Hogwild1.png
371 KB, 623x430
I skipped it, went straight from 1 to Warped.
Still haven't played it becuase I can't imagine it being better than the 3rd game which by all logic should have been just a general overall improvement.
>>
>>344269028
You'd be wrong. Crash 3 was basically ND acknowledging they were done and adding in as many ideas as they could, regardless of whether they were actually good (i.e. water levels)
>>
>>344266717
That's one of the best songs in the game
>>
>>344269101
Coco's jet ski levels? They were fun as fuck.

Unless you mean the underwater levels then they were slightly more tedious.
>>
>>344269209
It's rare to find someone who enjoys the jet ski levels, I like them too. But yes, the underwater levels were a pain and usually stop me from wanting to return. Especially since there's one in the first area.
>>
File: bewildered bandicoot.jpg (14 KB, 258x317) Image search: [Google]
bewildered bandicoot.jpg
14 KB, 258x317
>>344261648
No one gonna like this answer but I tried these games a few months ago since I like platformers, especially from this era & I missed the PS1 side of games. I did Crash 1 and fucking despised it, I could not find it fun at all, can't really explain why either, I just simply didn't like it. Crash 2 I got I wanna say possibly half way through it & while it was a big improvement I couldn't keep interest & stopped playing it. Maybe I'll go back to eventually, I really wanna like the games since I like Crash as a character.
>>
>>344269275
I used to not really like jetski, but after just replaying 3, I've changed my mind about it.

Fuck the bike and planes though. Who thought it was a good idea for 4 bike levels?

China>Jetski>>>>Underwater>>>>>>>>.shit>>>>Bike>Plane
>>
>>344261648
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBLvGzbzvSM
>>
>>344261648
I honestly think that 1 is better because it is more platform-focused. 2 had too many different mechanisms compared to 1 without ever exploiting a single one to its core when I just wanted tight platforming like the first game.

I played both this winter for the first time.
>>
first game i ever played
>>
>Bought PS cause I saw it on Duracell gave away contest
>No games, demo disc had a Crash game, I loved it
>Big Brother and Dad bought me my first game and asked me if I wanted Crash
>It's motherfucking Crash Bandicoot 2.

Really excited for remake.
>>
>>344267498
>tfw the remaster probably won't even have this version
>>
>>344271445
tweet Activision/Vicarious Visions that you want Josh Mancell to be part of the team. A bunch of people are. Maybe they'll hear us.
>>
>>344269028
Crash 2 basically hits the sweet spot when it comes to challenge, where Warped is too easy, and the amount of gimmicks, of which Warped has too many.
But I do like the extra completionist stuff in Warped, and it's still a great game.
>>
>>344261648
Absolutely horrible
>>
>>344269028
I pity you.
>>
>>344273004
why didn't you enjoy it anon?

It's no mario 64 but it's fun.
>>
I consider it to be the weakest game in series, especially in boss department.
Holy shit that last boss was a fucking disappointment.
>>
2 is probably the easiest
>>
I loved it since I like platformers and despised the collectathons that the N64 offered.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.