[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats your favorite sniper video game? why are most sniping centric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
whats your favorite sniper video game? why are most sniping centric games like sniper elite/sniper ghost warrior so fucking awful?
>>
Ape Escape
>>
None, snipers are fucking useless and gay prima donnas and haven't been of any real tactical use in any modern theater since the Gulf War.
>>
arma
>>
JFK Reloaded
Dallas: Present Day
>>
>>344247918
until today, you mean
>>
>>344247918
Lol
>>
>>344248120
absolute madman
>>
So happy that faggot Chris Kyle died. One less amerifat thats sniping poor refugees.
>>
>>344247918
This is a thread about video games
>>
>>344247673
>Sniper Elite
>Awful

What are you a fucking autist ? Nobody beats the feel of hardcore in sniper elite v2, ghost warrior is trash but sniper elite is a god tier sniper/stealth game
>>
>>344247918
>snipers are fucking useless
then how come some coon just fragged 10 idiots with one an hour ago?
>>
I've never seen a good sniping game that didn't suck at things besides sniping.
>>
>>344247918
You are vietnamese arent you ?
>>
>>344248338
>fragged
Can we use this term more often please? I like it.
>>
>>344248303
>walk through a linear hallway and shoot some idiots with a smg in a horrible TPS
>then shoot some idiots in a field with the depth you'd expect from a fucking flash game
sorry that ur a casual with bad taste?
>>
>>344248563
So what do you want huh ? Standing still for 8 fucking hours long and then shooting at a single target ? Is that what you want ? Go fucking play arma then im sure they will have a mod for you
>>
>>344248802
are you brain damaged or do you think this is actually a thread about sniper games you fucking moron haha smfh
>>
Donkey Kong 64
>>
File: squad 2016-07-05 15-24-24-36.png (1 MB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
squad 2016-07-05 15-24-24-36.png
1 MB, 1364x768
>>344247673
>project reality
>get sniper kit
>can't even hit anything
>0 kills
>get machine gunner/automatic rifleman
>be death: the destroyer of squads
>14/3 kd by the end of the game

and thats how i learned that snipers are for fags
>>
>>344247673
Sniper elite is pretty good, don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>344251104
see
>>344249003
>>
>>344251614
see
>>344247673
>>
>>344247673
that's a British sniper
>>
Insurgency has fucking great sniper rifles. There's always great vantage points
>Set up shop
>Cover half the map by myself with my rifle, never letting anyone pass
>Team never loses C
>Headshot after headshot
>>
>>344251763
are you underage or just literally slow in the head because this is a thread about the niggers shooting cops in dallas you fucking MORON
>>
>>344252237
hmm i don't know anon

>whats your favorite sniper video game? why are most sniping centric games like sniper elite/sniper ghost warrior so fucking awful?
>sniper video game
>video game
>sniper elite/sniper ghost warrior
>2 video games about snipers

i think you're wrong there
>>
>>344247918
>tfw one of my best friends was a sniper in the Marines

Now he counts days until girls turn 18 to have sex with them. Parents actually invite him over their house to eat when all of their daughters are uderaged. Absolute madman.
>>
File: 800 meters.jpg (178 KB, 1245x811) Image search: [Google]
800 meters.jpg
178 KB, 1245x811
>>344247673
Because there's no good way to accurate represent shooting a gun in a video game. Shooting at longer ranges in real life is fun as fuck because it's a lot more involved. You have to control your breathing, you have to make sure your eye relief on the scope is 100% correct with zero parallax, and you have to make sure your trigger pull is flawless. If you're shooting in the middle of the day, scope mirage is another thing you have to account for.

There's no good way to simulate this in a video game, so sniping in video games feels just the same as shooting any other gun, except zoomed-in with an added "press to hold breath" function. Maybe if VR headtracking becomes standard in FPS games you might have weapon mechanics that are more involved.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.