[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will /v/ accept The Last of Us is a great game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 3050132-4619974363-TheLa.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3050132-4619974363-TheLa.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Giant Bomb loved it
http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/the-last-of-us-review/1900-580/
Matthewmatosis loved it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhRFWSmFGg
Colin Moriarty loved it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GBXuE6jcl4

Everyone loved it
>>
>>344242639
>When will /v/ accept The Last of Us is a great movie?
You need to read more, this is Harry Potter-tier "muh baw story" trash pasted onto a ok-ish videogame.
>>
>>344242639
Dunkey loved it too
>>
>>344242639
>Directly linking "muh e-celebs"
FUCK OFF FAGGOT STOP SPAMMING AND SHITTING UP THIS PLACE, NO ONE GIVE A SINGLE FUCK ABOUT A RANDOM FAGGOT FROM AUTISM-TUBE
>>
>>344242805
Then why did Matthewmatosis think the writing was exceptional? The only nitpicks he found were a.i. related but were fixed in updates and the ps4 version.
>>
So I guess never?
>>
>>344243082
LITERALLY WHO
FUCK OFF
>>
>>344243608
Oh, you don't remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdNhwb7iuI4

You're offended that he praised a new triple a game that you don't like?
>>
Oh boy its the same guy that got utterly BTFO when he tried shilling for Shitschlock Infinite and tried claiming "muh 400 players" was a good number for the citizen Kane of gaming.
>>
Hello? Will somebody answer why The Last of Us is shit?
>>
>>344244796
What?
>>
>>344242639
when /v/ can pirate it on PC
>>
>>344242639
who are these people and why do their opinions matter?
>>
Why oh why is The Last of Us shit?

Why oh why is it an affront on games?

Why oh why is it shit?

Why oh why?
>>
>>344242639
Walking forward listening to characters talk to each other sure is fun
>>
>>344244984
People /v/ collectively dickrides whenever their opinions fit their agenda.

>inb4 /v/ isn't one person

Not that many people visit /v/. You're talking to the same people.
>>
>>344245263
>Not that many people visit /v/
Its the second most popular board retard
>>
>>344245146
Games don't have to be fun. Just like movies or books don't have to be fun.
>>
I admit it.

But I'm not going to buy a PS3 for it. It would honestly be amazing on PC.
>>
>>344245459
>muh emotions
No. If it's not fun theres no reason to play. If you care so much about stories read a book or watch a movie. TLOU is juvenile compared to what other mediums have done with storytelling
>>
File: 1466581970342.jpg (80 KB, 720x704) Image search: [Google]
1466581970342.jpg
80 KB, 720x704
>>344242639
It is a great game. The problem is that they made a lot of promises especially with the E3 demo that fell empty and made the game feel far more shallow then they led it on to be.
>>
Why oh why is the Last of Us shit?

Can anyone name a meme reviewer that /v/ likes that shitted on The Last of Us? Because if you can't tell that's what I'm doing right now. Using /v/'s logic of piggybacking off of reviewers they like to discredit acclaimed games.
>>
>>344245695
this guy didn't really shit on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4

but he made the points that >>344245623 made.
>>
>>344245695
>>344242917
>>344242639
Not hate, but I think Skippy Sigmatic and MrBtongue loved it too. Superbunnyhop and Jim Sterling did as well. The only other one that didn't was Yahtzee but he loved Bioshock Infinite.
>>
>>344245943
They fixed the a.i. issues with patches and the remastered version. That video was posted january 2014
>>
Well??

Is anybody going to contest why the game is shit?

Seriously and thoroughly break it down? Who will step up to the plate?
>>
>>344247331
Jesus Christ faggot, just lurk on this board for a week and you'll figure it out.
>>
I didn't like it that much.
It looks nice, but I didn't enjoy the gameplay at all, I didn't connect to the characters at all, the story was pretty nothing, and any twists it had were pretty predictable.
The thing I was looking forward to the most was the AI and situations from the E3 demo, but that ended up not being in the game at all, so fuck it.
>>
>>344247464
I created this thread to stimulate discussion. Now discuss
>>
i dislike how much it tries to push homosexuality on me

fuck off druckmann you jew hack
>>
>>344247686
What didn't you specifically like about the story or characters? I felt it was supremely real and grounded
>>
>>344247838
How does it do that?
>>
>>344247993
the entire dlc
>>
>>344247894
I didn't connect to the characters, and the story was nothing special.
That's it.
There was nothing really interesting going on with either Joel or Ellie. With Joel it's just muh daughter and then muh not-daughter, and then with Ellie later in the game it's just muh not-dad.
And the story is just going from point a to point b and meeting a bunch of people who aren't that interesting and either die or fuck off.
>>
>>344248045
How does it push anything on you? They're just lesbians.
>>
>>344243082
Because he's a hack who was fishing for views. That's why.

Too many people on /v/ have gone into depth as to why this game is so underwhelming.
>>
>>344242639
it is a great game
it's probably in the top of its class for the kind of game that it is.

but it is not the end all be all of video games.

>>344247838
>pushes homoshit on you
>implying other games dont just push heteroshit on you

Just let devs make their characters fags or whatever it doesn't matter it's all fine.
>>
>>344242639
Didn't play the DLC.
Thought the base game is great.
If you don't want to accept /v/ hivemind, don't refer to /v/ as hivemind, idiot.
>>
>>344242639
Why would I let others influence my opinion?
Why would I let random Youtubers influence my opinion?
>>
>>344242639
Game woulda been better if they fucked.
>>
The game is not the best, but its not the worst, it's mediocre. Like emmie bait but for video games.
>>
>>344248118
But there are many hints at character histories that give supreme depth to them while not forcefully stopping the story or the plot at a hault, such as the insinuations of Joel's relationship with the bandits and roguish past, the complexity in approach to portraying his ability to survive and very human reactions (well everybody's human reactions, insane acting abilities on display). There's a lot of poignant depth and nuance there, but you may have ignored it and rushed to see the game through. That's perhaps what Dunkey did on his first playthrough and why he changed his mind on the second and third and started examining all the lingering depth. Really, a lot of people shitting on Uncharted 4 are doing the same with the brilliant parallels between Captain Avery's story and Drake/Sam/Rafe's and the neverending lust for adventure and bounty sacrificing your livelihood and well-being i.e. madness.
>>
>>344242639
Having played the game on grounded like the idiots on here have suggested, I can say the game is incredibly linear. The melee combat is boring and is literally mashing one button. Stealth is incredibly tedious and lacks a quick kill option forcing you into a long choke out. Some sections force you to use stealth, which is fine because the stealth is much better than that God awful shooting. The story is like a shitty version of the children of men and 28 days later. The voice acting, animations and graphics are good so I'll give it that, but that's standard naughty dog.
>>
>>344248862
Wouldn't it be 28 Weeks Later since the kids have the immunity in that one?
>>
>>344248862
>The story is like a shitty version of the children of men and 28 days later
Flat wrong. Story is better with far better execution of exposition and plot progression in favor of how games work. There are no halts. There are undulations but that is how storytelling works. You can't have a constant barrage because then things are nullified and tension is lost.
>>
>>344248861
>But there are many hints at character histories that give supreme depth
Such as?

All I really got from Joel was that he liked his daughter and didn't like Ellie, then liked her.
And Ellie didn't like Joel that much, then liked him.
And Tess liked Joel and was kind of a bitch, then died.
And the black guy and his brother liked each other, and then they died.

It's been years since I've played the game, but none of them really left a lasting impression on me.

Didn't even care that much about the story anyway. The gameplay was pretty standard, too.
>>
>>344242639
It is good, nothing to write home about though.
>>
>>344248862
I've never seen Children of Men but 28 days later? Come the fuck on, dude. There is little to no depth or character development in that fucking movie. It's just dumb horror-action. Also, why the fuck do people keep saying the game is bad for being "unoriginal" in setting? So fucking what? It's execution that matters and it fucking nails it. It nails it so hard it pushes games forward and how they can touch people and invoke emotion and not be cardboardy video game characters with tonally inconsistent/hammy dialogue.
>>
>>344242639

I do agree that /v/'s hate for this game is a bit extreme, but it doesn't change the fact that
the game is "OK" at best. The game offers very little variety in terms of gameplay. If you sit down and play the game for an hour, you've pretty much seen everything the game has to offer as a game. The game can be for the most part be broken down into 3 sections that are repeated over and over. First what I like to call the "exposition" walk; where you make your way from point A to point B, where the story and characters have the majority of their development. Second, the obligatory "puzzle" section, which to me is the biggest offender. It's the biggest weakness the game has, and exposes how Naughty Dog sometimes struggles with the gameplay aspect, and it becomes even more glaring towards the end. You chalk all this up with the action/stealth segments, and that's it. The more you analyze it, the more it becomes apparent that the gameplay sections are glorified filler.

The game is undoubtedly carried by it's story, and atmosphere. Giving an "interesting" spin on the zombie apocalypse trope, which has been done to fucking death now. The only noteworthy sections of the game are the lead up towards the Winter section, and the winter section itself. The relationship between Ellie and Joel is also rushed as fuck, with the game blatantly screaming in your face "HEY, YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT THIS! ARE YOU CARING?" I do think that if the game was longer, the relationship between the two could have been God-Tier.

It's not a 10/10, and it's relevancy has drastically gone down since Uncharted 4 has taken the crown it once held.
>>
>>344249204
You don't know how humans work, do you, autist?

It's implications and interactions in tumultuous times that uncover people's agendas and pasts, not gushing about feelings and detailing everything on the floor. It's subdued realism that this game excels at. Naughty Dog expertly know how to deliver exposition that never feels forced. People don't have to be like how they are in dumb anime plots like something akin to zero escape where there's all these fucking overly detailed backstories that eventually somehow connect. People don't have that much wacky baggage.
>>
File: 01200421042.jpg (86 KB, 723x653) Image search: [Google]
01200421042.jpg
86 KB, 723x653
/v/ Already accepted it as a great game the moment they used GoTYs to justify Witcher 3s mediocre gameplay.
>>
>>344249903
Yeah and Dark Souls only has 2 gameplay segments
1)pick up environmental details and upgrade
2)slash and dodge

What's your point?
>>
>>344250004
I don't know why you're getting so upset I don't like the characters that much.
They just don't have much going on and aren't that interesting.
And you never gave me examples, also.
I mean, Joel goes from not liking Ellie at the beginning to liking her, so that's some character development, but it's not much.
>>
>>344250049
So that makes /v/ think Skyrim is a great game too?
I don't follow.
>>
>>344250184
>Yeah and Dark Souls

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>344242639
I don't know man. I think it's a 4chan thing. /tv/ doesn't like Schindler's List and The African Queen. /mu/ doesn't like The Beatles, The Beach Boys, or Teena Marie. /lit/ doesn't like Middlesex or Half of a Yellow Sun. It's just contrarianism and lack of knowledge I think.
>>
>>344250565
>Stopped reading right there
Why?
>>
>>344242639
/v/ also hates The Witness yet loves games that barely have challenging gameplay like Another World and Silent Hill 2. Don't take anyone's opinions here that seriously.
>>
It's highly overrated
It's another 3rd person shooter
It's another Story driven game

It's not a bad game, it's worth one playthrough but that's about it.

>>344250775
>/mu/tants not liking the beach boys
Hello?
They love pet sounds
>>
>>344242639
not sure who /v/ is but I liked it.

>some people actually expected multiple endings and "every bullet to matter"

lmao at ur lyfe
>>
>>344251235
I was just expecting gameplay closer to the E3 demo
>>
>>344251135
And Silent Hill 2 was another survival horror game, Mother 3 was another turn-based jrpg, Chrono Trigger is another turn-based jrpg, Prey was another fps, Super Mario Bros 3 was another platformer. That's what happens when you whittle things down to their basic genres to make them sound bad.
>>
>>344251360
Then play the remastered version
>>
>>344251732
Does it actually make the AI like the E3 demo?
>>
>>344251796
On grounded yes
>>
>>344251974
Is there a comparison video of it somewhere?
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 889x1058) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 889x1058
I loved the game. Even the flaws I've seen pointed out are forgivable to me because the story affected me so much emotionally. The environment is beautiful, the soundtrack is great, the character development is fun to watch. I think people think this was supposed to be just another zombie game, but I think the real point of The Last of Us was the relationship between Joel and Ellie, and how a man with a fucked up past learned to connect and love someone again. Of course the plot isn't particularly original, it's been done plenty of times before, but it's a decent story that was presented very well. I thought the combat was very satisfying and challenging. The winter season was particularly good. I think the issue with this game for people is that they failed to connect with the characters. If you don't give a shit about the story element you won't like this game.
>>
>>344251360
I don't think it's nearly as bad as you're trying to make it out to be. The AI isn't state-of-the-art or anything, but overall I thought it was quite good. Friendlies don't get in the way too often, and they made the right decision by making it so they won't give away your position. Only rarely do they get so close to an enemy that the enemy should have spotted them. Maybe enemies do generally move in the same paths, but once you're spotted I think it's pretty impressive as to how tactfully they move around. They'll flank you, move cover to cover, and so forth.

I could try to address many of your other points, but I honestly don't feel like it. It just sounds like you're just very frustrated from playing on Grounded Mode. I didn't really have any complaints after playing the game on Normal and then Survivor. Comparatively, I would say the AI is better than most games out there. We aren't at a point where AI can be considered very realistic, but I still felt this game made me think carefully about my movements and try to figure out what the AI would do.
>>
>>344242805
>read more
>most lit major reviewers loved the story
>>
>>344252064
ellie a cute.
>>
>>344252064
It's never been done in games before, at least to my recollection, especially to this extent with this execution.
>>
>>344252382
>I don't think it's nearly as bad as you're trying to make it out to be
I just wanted them to behave how they were advertised in the E3 demo.
>It just sounds like you're just very frustrated from playing on Grounded Mode.
Where are you getting frustration from?
>>
>Make Uncharted
>Take out explosions

5/10

>Add a little "cute" girl.

10/10.

They made Elie act like a fucking angel and they made sure of that. She listen to whatever you said to the dot, she NEVER stepped out of line and was rude, just you could feel emotionally attached. No kid, girl or boy, acts that way. Also, talking about gender, you could've easily made Elie to a boy and it would not make a fucking difference. Gives something to think about the writers quality.

>EWWW female traits! Keep that away!
>>
File: 1459046364207.gif (2 MB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
1459046364207.gif
2 MB, 540x303
>>344252064
I love her :3
>>
>>344251732
is that any good? worth checking out?

honestly I wish the game got rid of the clickers altogether. something more akin to manhunt for the whole thing would've been much more effective/scary. those raiders/scavengers were terrifying.
>>
>>344252410
they have to play more then :^)
>>
File: 1463815437669.gif (2 MB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1463815437669.gif
2 MB, 225x225
>>344252540
>She listen to whatever you said to the dot
She didn't want to get killed. She knew her place, unlike you, you repugnant little shit.
>>
The Last of Us was great. Played through on Hard, tried stealthing my way through, which worked up until maybe 2/3rds of the way through. It played somewhat similar to Blacklist, which was a genuinely good Splinter Cell game (again, play on Hard doing stealth runs).
>>
>>344242639
>Giant Bomb
>Matthewmatosis
>Colin Moriarty
I don't care who these dumb niggers are.
>>
>>344252690
>:^)
oh so you're just a shitposter with a brain the size of a pea? I bet you didn't even play the game and just spout memes. you probably play dumb games like overwatch and payday 2 all day, kid.
>>
Colin Moriarty has terrible taste and that is a known fact
>>
>>344252787
Nah man, Grounded is the way to go. Always hardest difficulty first. You can't call a game easy or casual unless you beat a playthrough on hardest difficulty the way games were meant to be played.
>>
The game brings nothing new to the table, its a fucking zombie game. Doesn't even feel refined
>>
>>344252831
His favorite games are SotN, Mega Man 3, The Last of Us, FF Tactics, FF6, and Wild Arms though.
>>
>>344253014
subtlety, execution, refinement, and partners that don't suck or get in the way.
>>
File: Ice-Cube-Angry.jpg (31 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Ice-Cube-Angry.jpg
31 KB, 600x338
>>344252831
>Loves when games get bad reviews
>"PlayStion First-Party AAA Western Excursive" Gives him the biggest boner.
>Hates every game.
>Has that troubled genius look that makes him so fucking punchable.

For.Fuck.Sake: When people like those are considered "journalists" and their opinions matter on a certain hobby, you should fucking know that "hobby" is shit. You never find a person like Colin covering a Tennis or a Chess game.
>>
>>344252831
How? Because he doesn't dicksuck overrated Shitendo games?
>>
>>344252694
I bet you cried at multiple points of game and said "Wow! I am so going to have a child! Hopefully it a girl like Elie!"

Then you remembered you were a faggot.
>>
>>344253194
What nonsense are you spouting, you buffoon?
>>
>>344242639
when i get to play it myself
waiting for ps4 to get cheap
and i need to buy a new gpu mine just died
>>
File: Capture.png (291 KB, 738x398) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
291 KB, 738x398
>>344251974
absolutely amazing.
>>
>>344242917
>lying on the internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTsBn36yPrg
>>
>>344253194
Guy, what the hell are you talking about? Colin loves games. He's a smart guy too. What game did you like that he shat on? Don't take it personally.
>>
>>344249175
You didn't explain how the story is not shitty. You just spouted words from a thesaurus make yourself sound intelligent. You also have not placed a real counter argument, but just said I'm wrong, without actually proving me wrong.
>>344249527
You're not addressing my argument directly and are trying to side step the whole thing. Also 28 days did have character development in it, but you're obviously to stupid to even see it. The reason why it gets shit on for being unoriginal is that it doesn't do anything to distinguish itself from the content it's clearly inspired by. The execution, was overall weak and didn't do much for the medium of video game's. If it did as much as you said it did video games would be respected, but they still aren't and they're still viewed as mindless entertainment.
>>
>>344253330
Video games are a shit "Hobby" because garbage people like Colin are considered "top" in the gaming "journalist" list. Same goes for Jim Sterling, Total Biscuit, Angry Joe...etc. All of those are man-children and give the correct vibe on what the video game "culture" is.
>>
>>344253518
>He's a smart guy

Colin pls leave.
>>
>>344253457
sick png bro
>>
>>344253708
They're a shit hobby because a majority of gamers themselves are manchildren. That get angry and make petitions to remove reviews they don't like and can't handle real, or constructive criticism.
>>
>>344253882
I don't know how to make webms ;_;

but the AI isn't impressive.
>>
>>344253047
Exactly. Thanks for making my point.
>>
>>344253457
better a.i. then mgsv lol. Isn't Metal Gear supposed to be a top dog stealth game? Who's got the webms? I can't find them in my folder because I didn't name them and they're from almost a year ago.
>>
File: file.png (28 KB, 1245x80) Image search: [Google]
file.png
28 KB, 1245x80
>>344253482
retard
>>
the game is a pathetic mix of gears of war and the road.

You can't try and make a grounded character study with a multiple body count action scene every twenty minutes. TLoU is deep fiction through the eyes of a 14 year old. On top of that the writing isn't even very note worthy. The dialogue between Joel and his chick friend is marvel tier quipshit.
>>
>>344253158
>partners that don't suck
TLoU's partners suck ass really hard. The game would've been tolerable at least if I didn't have the stupidest AI following me and standing in front of enemies that somehow don't see her
>>
I feel like maybe 3 people in this thread have played the fucking game.
It's a great game that should get a good amount of praise, but it's no where close to one of my favourites. Fuck can't you guys just say admit that and walk away.
>>
>>344254040
Shalom, reddit!
>>
>>344254031
take video
get xmedia recode
follow video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjzMKzjNnKk
>>
>>344254182
>Can you just have the same opinion than me and leave??
>>
>>344242639

Well it's too bad that I'm not a single one of those people and I don't give one god damn fucking shit what their opinions are.
>>
>>344254181
They weren't dumb in my playthrough on grounded. Perhaps you're exaggerating to throw unnecessary shade at a game you didn't like but was worthy of its praise.
>>
>>344254041
Anything was better than MGSV.
Fucking wolfenstein and its forced stealth segments could be better if I tried hard enough to convince you.
>>
File: TLOU citizen kane of gaming.webm (353 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
TLOU citizen kane of gaming.webm
353 KB, 400x225
The game has a lot of bugs that can completely ruin the experience.

If you don't care about the story in games(ie someone who enjoys video games and not just some sheep) you have segments where you are forced to walk down a corridor, road, whatever, towards your next objective, doing nothing but walking and listening to exposition. If you put story in a game, let me skip it and not shove it down my throat.

The game is missing A - LOT of promised material, like the balance of power AI system that was flaunted in front of the drooling sonyggers, but it was missing from the game. Funny how reviewers seem to leave out missing content, almost as if they were paid to do this, or they are people who shouldn't review games.... or both, looking at you IGN.

Ham fisted forced "progressive" homosexual/interacial couple.

If you DO care about the story of a game more than gameplay(don't know why you would, shit gameplay can't be ignored, shit story can), the story is mediocre, generic, and nothing we haven't seen done a thousand times before in numerous apocalypse movies.

Also, just because the majority of people agree on something, doesn't mean that something becomes fact. Wez not orkz ya git.
>>
>>344254294
Yeah and it's too bad that people on /v/ post videos from these same people to conveniently "prove" their arguments, but when these people suddenly praise a game they don't personally like, they act like they don't exist or never heard of them.
>>
>>344254318
nigga if I see an enemy a few steps in front of me and I go and hide behind a cover and the dumb bitch starts running AROUND the cover, infront of the enemy, and then takes cover in a place clearly in sight of the enemy, I'm dropping that shit game
>>
>>344254530
>and nothing we haven't seen done a thousand times before in numerous apocalypse movies.
Yet somehow no mention of any games that executed the same exact story beat-by-beat. Is Godfather bad because it was an adaptation?
>>
>>344254530
who fucking cares? you said so yourself. they are paid to review games. you are not. their opinion matters way more than yours.

if you dont like the last of us then you dont belong on v or any video game site.
>>
>>344254734
Not even him but:
>thousand times
>1 time
>>
>>344254725
I don't see any problems here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3CE2M8E_vg

You're acting like it's a.i. is horrible and worse than in any game. MGS3's A.I. is fucking horrid with enemies forgetting you were there after a minute.
>>
>>344254734
So, why play the game when you can watch a movie?

Or just, watch a longplay of it on youtube?

You're also ignoring all my other arguments.
>>
File: last of meme.png (247 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
last of meme.png
247 KB, 1366x768
>>344242639
Of course they loved it, it's memetastic.
>>
>>344254971
The guy I replied to said "partners that don't suck ass". Partners clearly do suck ass.
>>
>>344254987
None of your points carry any weight and the positives of the game far outweigh the nitpicked negatives.
>>
>>344254530
>a girl kisses another girl in the DLC
this is literally all that happens. they don't even shove it down your throat or anything. how is it "ham fisted"? heterosexual couples kiss in vidya all the time. what's the fucking difference retard
>>
>>344255029
MEMED
>>
If it's so great, why everybody stopped to play it?
>>
>>344254987
Not the person you're at war with, but as with all dichotomies this is a false one.

Lots of games, like every telltale ever made, Until Dawn, Outlast, pro-league competitive stuff (this is just off the top of my head) are really trying to make interaction matter through choice, yet they give basically the same or else a different but equal experience (playing basketball versus watching pros type thing).

Other games, like Brothers, RPGs with a high level of customization, or even the modern Special Snowflake generators of character creation do have a different level of interactivity than other mediums.
>>
>>344255103
Well point them out. Take a screenshot.

And also, show a game with better A.I.
>>
>>344255105
>None of your points carry any weight
Advertising something and then not including it in the product we buy doesn't carry any weight?

You do realize that is actually illegal as well as a dick move?

Also, what fucking positives?
>>344255134
sup nu-male, this isn't the place for you, go back to fluffing your girlfriend's bull.
>>
File: pedo.webm (3 MB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
pedo.webm
3 MB, 640x361
>>344255134
Pedo shit is pedo shit.
>>
File: last of us.png (44 KB, 1276x336) Image search: [Google]
last of us.png
44 KB, 1276x336
>>344242639
you forgot neogaf.
>>
File: exile.jpg (211 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
exile.jpg
211 KB, 500x685
>>344255304
I don't know, maybe because the majority of /v/ hates it. There are many people I know that said they replayed the game tens of times and constantly badger for a Last of Us 2.

Why doesn't /v/ talk about Shenmue or Phantasy Star III? Or what about crusader of centy and Exile? Oh but Overwatch is clearly better than all of these games because /v/ talks about it constantly.
>>
>>344255626
>overwatch better than last of us
but it is
>>
>>344255486
jesus sonyggers really are autists
>>
>>344255369
>attempts to refute an argument by using buzzwords and telling the person to leave
kek
>>
Many people on v just don't like this game because it is not praised for what it should: gameplay, instead is praised for it's story and characters, which compared to other mediums are just pretty average.
>>
>>344250049
Is that why /v/ voted rocket league as the 2015 GOTY?
>>
>>344255760
Alright neofag, allow me to retort properly.

They gave us no hint to a romance previously, nothing to really work with, it was sudden and expected, as if they were looking for something to do to get people talking. To their credit, it works, but anyone with a working brain can see how forced and pandering it was.
>>
>>344255369
Positives as in better acting than in any game prior, more grounded realistic characters than anything prior, beautifully streamlined onthefly crafting system, wonderfully tense shaky, dire straits gunplay, wonderfully detailed world teeming with subdued lore, tense stealth segments that feel as though tides can be turned at any second on grounded with every bullet and punch counting, nuanced character interactions with realistic inflections, fantastic delivery of exposition, weight and vulnerability given to characters, undulating plot with constantly dour moments of hopelessness.
>>
File: Sucks.png (195 KB, 309x323) Image search: [Google]
Sucks.png
195 KB, 309x323
Game just got boring and I stopped playing it.

The new God of War looks to be going this route, which makes me sad.
>>
>>344255821
>which compared to other mediums are just pretty average
Not really at all whatsoever. I could guarantee if a film critic actually reviewed the last of us from a storytelling standpoint they would massively commend it. I wouldn't say the same for any other game really. I mean just look here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYVdTXvFu-s
>>
File: spongebob sell me something.gif (454 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
spongebob sell me something.gif
454 KB, 250x183
>>344256172
>this whole fucking post
>>
thought it was great

some of the stealth sections when you were joel alone, like in a clicker section; really stood out

it's like shit all i have is a brick to kill these two guys

the ps3 version was rough though, just hardware and performance

and only some kind of retard would have bought a ps4, or the game multiple times
>>
>>344248727
tihs
>>
>>344256172
>Positives as in better acting than in any game prior
stopped reading there. It is not live action acting, it is voice acting. Major difference, and no it does not have the best voice acting.
>>
I don't understand why people say subtlety, and grounded characters are a good thing
It only makes them much more generic and safe, it makes them difficult to tell apart and in general are just as inoffensive as possible so they can appeal to everyone
I hate this because it just makes them forgettable
>>
>>344256380
Why does this game attract so many fucking shitposters? Is it because it's new and you faggots feel like you can get away with it? Why don't you ever shit on No One LIves Forever, Fear, or Half Life? Is it because they're older and you have nostalgiafags that will put you in your place?
>>
>>344256365
But it is true, take any great film for example and compared to that The last of Us seem totally like cardboard characters.
this "i reject you then i love you" father-daughter relationship has also been done in film a lot of times.
Don't get me wrong, the trope was well executed, but not the second coming of christ as many people claim it is.
>>
File: sumo.jpg (397 KB, 827x1200) Image search: [Google]
sumo.jpg
397 KB, 827x1200
>want to contribute to thread
>Reliable Shithead Ponyfucker is posting
Never mind. Have fun, guys
>>
>>344256323
the game is pretty boring until you get out of Boston desu
then it starts getting better. idk where you stopped playing though. the first time I attempted to play it I got bored a couple hours in and didn't pick it up for a year, then changed my mind about the game entirely
>>
>>344256614
They're mocapped as well, dumbo. It's fucking acting. Now show me a game with better acting. I've got to see this.
>>
Literally Oscar bait the movie the video game.

>>344256815
Who gives a flying fuck?! the mo-cap quality is rock bottom of the list of shit I consider when buying/playing a game.
>>
File: Jockey Rule 63.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jockey Rule 63.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>344256725
Actually I've said shit about Half Life before, as have many many other people, especially those who play halo.

Some of the shit in your post is incorrect, and the rest is opinionated. What I posted here:
>>344254530
is all facts, its a fact shit is missing, its a fact you have to sit through story to get to the game, its a fact that the story is done before numerous times.

Post something concrete and I'll respond accordingly. Otherwise fuckoff back to neogaf.
>weight and vulnerability given to characters
Have you played the game?
>>
>>344256762
>ponyfucker
I do not fuck ponies, nor do I enjoy mlp.
>>344256815
>They're mocapped as well, dumbo.
I guess its fine to use autotune when you sing.
>>
File: spotlight reviews.png (47 KB, 430x353) Image search: [Google]
spotlight reviews.png
47 KB, 430x353
>>344256961
>Literally Oscar bait the movie the video game.
What does that mean? Spotlight is a genuinely good fucking film, yet its story has been done a million times before. Why didn't these so-called "superior" film critics shit on it? Oh yeah, because they don't think simple-mindedly like you pseudo-intellectual mongoloids on here that think you know how literally anything works.
>>
File: muh reviewssssssss2.jpg (31 KB, 223x332) Image search: [Google]
muh reviewssssssss2.jpg
31 KB, 223x332
>>344257289
>using metacritic
Sonyggers always one step behind.
>>
>>344257108
>echo vision
so your webms aren't from gounded and you're clearly shitposting.
>>
>>344257362
2 points off means it's average as fuck I guess, huh
>>
>>344257392
I posted that webm to show that echo can push and run into enemies in tlou without any threat to her wellbeing.

IE not vulnerable at all.

Nice counter argument though, feels good raping anything you fucks say.
>>
I enjoyed the game. I didn't think it was the second coming of christ but it was a pretty solid experience. I played the game on the hardest difficulty my first playthrough, since I played it on my friend's ps3 after he beat it. I thought the gameplay was actually pretty good, and the story was serviceable. Nothing spectacular but just solid.
>>
>>344257504
And it's probably taken on easy because you're shitposting. You have no echo vision on grounded.
>>
File: calypso ticked.jpg (32 KB, 437x336) Image search: [Google]
calypso ticked.jpg
32 KB, 437x336
>>344257636
Ellie can bump into and push enemies around on all difficulties, she can't be hurt, thus not vulnerable.
>>
>>344257636
>he thought Echo was the girl's name
Why are you still replying to him, anon?
>>
>>344257771
I meant to post ellie, I had a brain fart and typed in something else than I intended to. I corrected myself here:
>>344257756
But keep grasping for straws, not many left right now.
>>
>>344257549
There's lots of depth to the story though as already described earlier in this thread, and it's the execution of it all that especially lends itself to replayability because there are so many things you may not have picked up on that may shed light on plot points, character interactions, or the ending. And the execution is top-caliber. Everything is so grounded, nuanced, and realistic. What do you need for a story to be "memorable" or spectacular? Exaggerations and tonal inconsistency to leave overly silly videogame-y or cartoonish moments/dialogue?
>>
>>344242639
I don't like it, but I don't think it has much to do why most people on /v/ bitch about it. The go-to shitpost was calling it a "movie" which made no sense, or bitching about the AI, which could be seen as disappointing compared to how they chose to frame it at the game's E3 presentation but doesn't really matter much to me because the AI works acceptably for my tastes. The issue I have with it is that the encounters just aren't interesting enough to me, and I really don't like how the TPS controls feel (camera moves way too damn slow and has this really awkward sway).

It's a good-looking and well-presented, but otherwise mediocre, game. I don't really understand the praise for it, but then again, I don't really understand the praise for a lot of games that are highly popular from every age, so that's nothing new for me.
>>
>>344257756
who fucking cares. the game is practically perfect.

kill yourself.

>tfw you cant kill people for not liking tlou
>>
File: 1420350020662.png (122 KB, 518x638) Image search: [Google]
1420350020662.png
122 KB, 518x638
It received fair criticism at first for being yet another disingenuous E3 hype game, that promised this hyper-realistic AI, and then delivered something obviously bland, if not mediocre. This would be fine if that was the continued criticism, but the game doesn't have a lot else to criticize harshly despite that, so /v/ fell on the fact that it's "cinematic, an therefore a movie not a game."

Which is bullshit when you compare it to an actual movie game like the Order, which filled itself with bloated cutscenes. The cutscenes in TLoU were actually pretty short since they let you have optional conversations in exploration sequences instead of more cutscenes. Frankly, I never felt like game play was sacrificed to serve the story like many claim, I think the two were kept as in tandem as possible, the gameplay was just disappointing at first because the story took a while to pick up, and once again, was suffering the weight of the hype.
>>
>>344257890
>videogame-y
Well, it is a game, or at least supposed to be.
>>
>>344257756
She doesn't get in the way, but she doesn't trigger enemy reactions because that would be annoying as shit on grounded and would be a standard shitty escort-type mission where you have to babysit (and you goddamn well know that is never good in games)
>>
>>344258045
Exactly.

So she is not vulnerable.

Thanks for disproving your own argument.
>>
>>344242639
too much forced walking I suppose, but a cinematic game isn't automatically a bad thing. it had really good atmosphere.
but beyond that the actually shootings sections were tense, visceral and fun. and spacing encounters out added to their weight, instead of joel ending up feeling like a 1 man army.

8/10
>>
>>344242639
>cinematic experience
>game
>>
>>344258118
His argument was that there isn't echo vision in the hardest difficulty. Which there is not.
>>
>there are better movies that have better storytelling
I hate this argument. Name one game that nails the execution of TLOU. The best "story" games that people tout are RPGs that have disjointed dialogue and shitty animations/execution (any game by Bioware, Bethesda, Squeenix). Hell even Rockstar games don't drive the character nail home the way TLOU does (that has more to do with setting and tone, and game type though)

So criticising it's story and comparing it to the film medium is a moot point. Compared to all games, it stands out. I don't get what's so hard to accept about that.

>I don't care about story
Doesn't mean you have to shit on a good one.

>walking simulator
This is pacing and exposition. I don't get this ADD era of "give me action 24/7 and let me rush from A to B ASAP." Play Vanquish if you want that shit and if you don't care about story.

>the stealth sucks
Literally has no stealth gadgets like in Splinter Cell, MGS, or even Assassins Creed games. It's some dude who can't even jump and upgrades his melee weapons by binding scissors to them with tape. What are you expecting?

>Not fun
The game is stressful. This is tension/atmosphere at play. It's not even fear. It's a grounded story that constantly takes away every minor victory from the player using fucked up scenarios. And cliche as some things may be, the execution and tone made it not so. I'm tired of playing games where "the good guy was bad the whole time!" Or "you were the bad guy all along!" I've seen it all. TLOU brought something new.

There's value in that. It's complex. Still Naughty Dog's crowning achievement. A sequel won't be nearly as good. Toughest act to follow in gaming.
>>
>>344257951
I feel you bro.

I came here from neogaf and the amount of hate one of the best games of the generation gets is sickening. People here bash neogaf all the time for banning people for stupid reasons but shitting on a masterpiece like the last of us should be bannable. This is a community to discuss and appreciate games, and people come here hating one of the objectively best of all time? Ban em and kill em.
>>
>>344254530
huh. I actually enjoyed the story and gameplay.
but the fact that you used cut content as some argument instead of assessing the actual product just makes me think you're being a whiny contrarian fag
>>
>>344258245
Dem straws, they be running out!
>His argument was that there isn't echo vision in the hardest difficulty. Which there is not.
Nope. His original argument was:
>>344256172
>vulnerability given to characters
to which I responded with ellie can push around enemies without any threat to her wellbeing, which makes her have no vulnerabilities.

Then the autismo responded with "LOL THAT WEBM HAS ECHO VISION" in a futile attempt to derail the argument once he realized he was fucked.

Checkmate.
>>
>>344258028
I say videogame-y because The Last of Us has movie-quality storytelling, but you clearly don't know what that involves or entails. Shitposters like you don't even know what they're talking about. And Matthewmatosis, the one that clearly also understands genuinely fantastic writing shitted all over bioshock infinite because he felt video game journalists "lauded" it as art to justify their existences, but he says that the writing and execution of storytelling in The Last of Us is nothing short of a masterpiece and only marred by shortcomings in the ps3 a.i. Even the guy in the rev3 video I showed with the man that was a graduated film major agrees that Last of Us is top-caliber stuff in terms of storytelling and hooking the player in with sharp execution and nuanced multi-layered and grounded depth and humanity given to its characters and their individual motivations. No hokey humdrum bullshit and tonally inconsistent dialogue. The Last of Us is groundbreaking for this. It's groundbreaking in pushing the possibilities of interactive storytelling. It's not making games more film-like, it's giving games the quality in direction of film.
>>
>>344258261
This
>>
>>344257890
>videogame-y

What the hell does this even mean?

How something being silly makes it videogame-y?

Some people consider undertale serious business and it's "videogame-y" as fuck.

There's nothing special about a game having a realistic setting.
>>
>>344256740
it's terribly written, but it's melodramatic and well-acted which is all people really care about
>>
I played it quite late.

Played Grounded, and the multiplayer was the best MP fun I've had in a long time.

It's a solid 7, but not 10/10 like most sites would claim.

Absolutely love how /v/ is still asshurt over it though.
>>
>>344258261
The story is bland, the world is bland, the characters are bland.
It's story IS disjointed from the gameplay, opposed to games by the developers you mentioned.
>>
>>344258482
> pushing the possibilities of interactive storytelling
But it doesn't. It's just pushing it towards another medium instead of being its own thing, which is a shitty idea in the first place
>>
Give it a few more years after Sony's bribe money runs out, The Last of Us will be at the top of every Most Overrated Game Ever list that still isn't on sony's payroll.
>>
>>344258261
>>344258261
Thank you so fucking much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank god for you. Thank you. Thank you. I love you. Thank you. Please oh god thank you. I felt like I was in hell for the past 4 hours, but thank you.
>>
>>344258458
nigga you expect me to read all 50,000 of you two's post wars? I looked at the last argument he made that you didn't address, that's all. You want to win the internet argument that I'm not even actually a part of? You win. You get all my stock shares of the argument. Congrats.
>>
It was okay. The story was decently written but boring, overdone, and predictable.

The gameplay was pretty shit but I didn't expect much since it's a console shooter.
>>
>>344258691
Just kill yourself already
>>
>>344258451
And the fact that you used "well i enjoyed it" as some argument makes me think you're a mindless sheeple.
>>344258261
>Name one game that nails the execution of TLOU.
TLOU doesn't get a free ride to fame just because its a game.
>Doesn't mean you have to shit on a good one.
Its not good, it is mediocre. MGS3 has a better story in my honest opinion.

Also, if we don't care about story, let us fucking skip it. We're gamers, not ... storyers...
>This is pacing and exposition.
The pacing in the game is shit, and exposition in general is shit.
>iterally has no stealth gadgets like in Splinter Cell, MGS, or even Assassins Creed games. It's some dude who can't even jump and upgrades his melee weapons by binding scissors to them with tape. What are you expecting?
What I'm expecting? Melee enemies that hide behind corners when you have a gun instead of just charging you like dumbasses, IE what was shown in the demo.
>Toughest act to follow in gaming.
Wouldn't it be "toughest act to follow in storytelling"?

Oh wait, cause theres better movies.

Mic drop.
>>
>>344258550
And Undertale along with games with cutesy cardboard characters that occasionally have swathes of forced overextensive baggage are what "the best game stories" have been pidgeonholed in. The Last of Us bridges that gap to legitimate storytelling, not cartoony fairy tale bullshit. It's why the animation category is never really taken seriously at the Academy Awards. They're not compelling realistic stories with genuine human weight. They're cartoons.
>>
File: _b6_f3_1_by_gopye-d6f2umk.jpg (59 KB, 650x910) Image search: [Google]
_b6_f3_1_by_gopye-d6f2umk.jpg
59 KB, 650x910
I don't care one bit about reviews but I did like TLOU. It's good looking, the story is interesting enough and the gameplay is also pretty fun. It's one of those games that I never understood why /v/ hates with so much passion. It's got flaws, sure but It's still something I'd recommend PS3/4 owners to grab.

Also, Ellie is a cutie.
>>
>>344258895
>We're gamers, not ... storyers...
This needs to become a thing. That feel when agreeing with a tripfag.
>>
>>344258659
>the world is bland
what the fuck m8
>>
>>344258659
>bland story
So not enough space marines and jet packs? Or not enough waifu bait? Fuck off. The storytelling is top notch. You must be 15.

>bland blah blah
Nevermind. You provide zero evidence

>>344258672
>shilling
You just be confusing TLOU for Bioshock Infinite. I swear I could write a 10 page essay on why Infinite is actually shit and TLOU is actually good. Both came out the same year, both are completely different. Yet somehow they float in the same Metacritic range.

>bribe money
You're paranoid, you should see a doctor.
>>
File: thumb.gif (481 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
thumb.gif
481 KB, 141x141
>>344258895
>>
>>344242639
They will never love it based on appeal to authority dude. This is 4chan. Contrarionism central. People come here purely to hate on what's popular or ironically love what's out of vogue.

If you're old enough, you'd probably remember when atheism and the left wing were popular here. Why? Because they weren't popular.now its all Fedora this and Trump that. Recently, /v/ and /a/ loved One Punch Man right up until it became popular. /tv/ have daily threads with people honestly defending Batman Versus Superman, e worst blockbuster of the year.

This whole place is full of genuine hipsters or ironic haters, nothing of value gets discussed because its all just fucking memes in the framework of contrarionism. Maybe once or twice in a blue moon do you get honest discussion, but rarely.

Why am I even here...?
>>
>>344258973
>the animation category is never really taken seriously at the Academy Awards
It's funny that you say something like this because animation works in a different way in the film medium, which the academy awards retards don't even understand, the same case that we have here, videogames as a medium should have it's own way of storytelling, not appeal to a different one, as The Last of Us do.
>>
>>344258482
So TLoU is amazing because it's pretty much a tech demo for movie quality direction?

Let's hope we can get an actually full game later with this storytelling quality then.
>>
>but the story is like a film now so that makes it good
It's like you people are insecure about playing a video game.
>>
>>344259034
>>344259157
Yes, average post-apocalyptic zombie world. Nothing worth to discover really.
>>
>>344258895
>MGS3 has a better story in my honest opinion.
And you've just thrown all of your arguments out the window. Metal gear games have terrible, tonally inconsistent dialogue with borderline lunatic dramatic changes in midst of plot with terrible hokey cartooney acting.

>Fiddling breasts and cackling while making cartoony humming
>torture segments that are meant to be dramatic but preface with wacko russians stroking ballsacks
>Wacko russians that can somehow shoot lightning from their hands
>no internal world logic whatsoever
>barely any explanation for the supernatural anomalies seen
>textbook-esque delivery of exposition

Metal gear is absolutely horrid and you need to leave now. You have nothing of worth to say and clearly do not know the basic rules.of storytelling.
>>
>>344259157
>not enough waifu bait?
I'll fold and say ellie is good for waifu bait. If I found her alone I'd probably throw her onto the ground and shove all three inches into her virgin cunt. Make that bitch straight again, cause I doubt she knows the average size of men.
>You provide zero evidence
You have provided zero evidence this whole thread. All that is said "in my opinion its the best story in gaming, in my opinion the story is top notch, in my opinion the characters are great"
>shilling/bribe
One thing I'll agree on, the reviewers weren't paid off. These are people's legitimate opinions on the game, but the thing is, these people are shit at games and only like games cause its whats in right now.
>>
>>344259464
>your argument is out the window because I don't agree with your opinion!!!11
I think I won?

Yeah, I won.

Let me know when you bring up an actual counter argument instead of just bashing my taste in story.
>>
>>344259464
>It must be realistic to be good
fuck off
>>
>>344259464
You ignored roughly 90% of his post which has legitimate arguments against TLOU.

Are you being BTFO by a tripfag?
>>
File: 1467406373154.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1467406373154.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>344259464
>I am unable to enjoy things that are unrealistic
Jeez, you're pathetic. Try having some fun every once in a while.
>>
>>344259695
Now now, its his opinion that MGS3 is a shit story. No need for that.

Wait for him to provide a retort to the rest of my post, then we can laugh at him.
>>
Last of Us had constant audio desyncs, character animations quitting, character despawns, entire levels wouldn't load, etc. and it killed my PS3, fuck that game.

Not even MGSV with it's constant explosions, gun shows, and shit going on killed my PS3.
>>
when it's not a sony exclusive.
>>
>>344258973
I am being baited?

Are you saying that if a story doesn't involve human concepts it can't carry a weight?

You are the same as people dissing the game just because it has zombies.
>>
>>344259782
Got any good danganronpa stuff fampai
>>
>>344242639

Left 4 Dead + Children of Men = The Last of Us

Sorry, m8.
>>
>>344259782
Fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 413420_20160702200907_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
413420_20160702200907_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344259870
Here ya go
>>
TLOU was a decent game but jesus you act like if it's the pinnicale of video games.

>Partner AI was Good
LIES! Breakdown, a fucking obscure XBOX exclusive , had a partner that wasn't as useless as your fucking partner from TLOU.
>>
>>344259817
I own a ps3, and I don't like TLOU.

I can debunk your claims all day, anon. Run along back to neogaf and tell your sonydrone brothers about me, tell them to stay off of 4chan or risk being made a fool of by a tripfag with facts and logic.

Might want to leave out the fag part, as your SJW overlords wouldn't like that.
>>
>>344259924
>This is pacing and exposition.
The pacing in the game is shit, and exposition in general is shit.
>iterally has no stealth gadgets like in Splinter Cell, MGS, or even Assassins Creed games. It's some dude who can't even jump and upgrades his melee weapons by binding scissors to them with tape. What are you expecting?
What I'm expecting? Melee enemies that hide behind corners when you have a gun instead of just charging you like dumbasses, IE what was shown in the demo.
>Toughest act to follow in gaming.
Wouldn't it be "toughest act to follow in storytelling"?

Oh wait, cause there is better movies.
>>
The post from the wow TLoU so cinematic much ground breaking poster are so easy to tell, i think we have been trolled.
>>
File: Junko in Swimsuit.png (78 KB, 960x560) Image search: [Google]
Junko in Swimsuit.png
78 KB, 960x560
>>344259870
This one's pretty good, too
>>
>>344260106
did you primarily game on your ps3 or did you just own one? just wondering.
>>
>>344260106
Why are you getting so bent out of shape for a six word post not even replying to you? I think you're taking this too seriously, anon.
>>
>>344260179
Now when I think about it, a couple threads ago an anon revealed to us how once in a while he comes here to shitpost like no tomorrow.

Wouldnt be surprised if he was behind it.
>>
>>344245089
maybe if you weren't such a niggerdick newfag redditor and have gone into these threads before you would've seen the wall of text explaining why it's wrong
>>
File: sony fanboys.png (36 KB, 878x1235) Image search: [Google]
sony fanboys.png
36 KB, 878x1235
>>344260240
I consider my PS3 as fun to play with as my Wii. I've since moved on from those consoles and started to work on my backlog, but I enjoy the PS3. Its a good mutliplat machine. Bought it mostly for MVC3 and Anarchy Reigns, since the shitbox360 forces you to pay for online service.

Also, godhand and fat princess are fun, where as the 360 has no exclusives I care for.

Infamous is OK, got it from PSN being down for like a month. I was always one to defend the PS3, even at that point, because one time XBL was down for a while, except people forgot about that when the PSN was down. I even argued for it when people said "ps3 has no gaemz".

Now however, I regret ever doing that.
>>
>>344260458
>PEOPLE HATE TLOU CAUSE ITS SONY EXCLUSIVE
>mention I think its shit and own a ps3
>LOL U MAD?
cute.
>>
>>344258895
>MGS3
Motherfucker please. I love MGs3 but the story is shit.
>Revolver Ocelot juggling guns like some faggot
>Beeees
>wheelchair Sniper, while badass, is stupid
> The End
>The ladder
>triple crossing motorcycling tit flasher
Again, the story is outrageous and I love it. It's inconceivable to think that you "honestly feel" it has a better story. And yes, I mean plot, storytelling, and execution. There are parts that work super well (last boss, boss fights), but it's a jumbled up mess.

>skip cutscenes
I'm 99% sure you could do that. It takes a few seconds before you can, but you can. But why disrespect the craft? If you're playing TLOU solely for gameplay then you have poor judgement and should exclusively stick to the multiplayer mode.

>the live demo
I was expecting none of that to make it in the game and it all did. Some enemies yell "he's got a fucking gun" and their behavior changes. I'm sure it's not every time you encounter them, but I've seen it. They yell when you're out of ammo and they move in/flank. They plead when you're about to kill them. The only real hitch in AI is how distracted they become with thrown objects and how they ignore Ellie etc. but yea the live demo was packed with a lot of shit, and it's highly unlikely every piece of that would happen in one encounter like it did (like Ellie helping out, etc). When it does happen it's great. Especially when Ellie brags or tries to impress you. It's endearing.

>toughest act to follow
By default the elements you speak of are within this game. So a sequel to this game would be tough to follow by ND because of how well done and impressionable it was.

>movie/game
Zootopia shits on 99% of films in existence. Many people wouldn't admit it's a "masterpiece," even though it nails the "establish everything" in the first 5 minutes, follows the typical plot curve, is clever, and has a happy ending
>mic drop
Hold up a mirror and jerk off you weirdo
>>
>>344260476
I'm not here all day and can't recall ever browsing a Last of Us thread. I just know from mentioning of the Last of Us incurs unbridled hatred or sighs of "meh" which is honestly baffling coming from a game enthusiast board. And I knew that opinions were regurgitated by those mentioned in the OP to disprove the quality of other games in order to justify their feelings without even trying and acting as if their opinion was law, so I decided to use that logic against /v/.
>>
>>344260631
>LOL U MAD
Well, thanks for confirming it anyway.
>>
>>344242639
You act as though /v/ is a hivemind. Other people may enjoy this supposed "game", but it's pretty much a long movie with gameplay sprinkled in. Other games have done the gameplay better, and other mediums have nailed the tropes and themes this game has tread.
>>
>>344260687
>Zootopia shits on 99% of films in existence.
>>
>>344249903
>Second, the obligatory "puzzle" section, which to me is the biggest offender. It's the biggest weakness the game has, and exposes how Naughty Dog sometimes struggles with the gameplay aspect
Agreed, but compared to other games the shitty dumpster "puzzles" don't detract that much.
>>
>>344260809
>but it's pretty much a long movie with gameplay sprinkled in

I don't understand this argument, it has more gameplay than the average modern corridor fps/tps.
>>
>>344260687
>I'm 99% sure you could do that. It takes a few seconds before you can, but you can.
Alright, I didn't say cutscenes. I was directing my argument towards the long walking segments without combat or a purpose aside from some NPC telling you exposition. You can't skip those segments.
>I was expecting none of that to make it in the game and it all did.
No, it didn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4
>By default the elements you speak of are within this game. So a sequel to this game would be tough to follow by ND because of how well done and impressionable it was.
You made a broad statement, and then you made a more specific statement.

Yes, its a tough act to follow, if there is a sequel, made by naughty dog. However, that is usually the case with any game that has a good first installment. Look at batman arkham asylum.
>Zootopia shits on 99% of films in existence
I like how you(or someone else) say my argument is out the window cause I like MGS3's story, but then you praise that furr shit.
>>
>>344260810
This is accurate?
>>
>>344260809
I don't know any other game with as satisfying brutal melee or shaky tense gunplay.

In most games, you don't play an average guy, you play an overpowered badass with sharp trained precision. I like the loose vulnerability and sharp taut presentation the Last of Us offers and feel it's subversive to standard video game tropes and cliches. That alone is groundbreaking to me.
>>
>>344260810
>calls someone a weirdo
>likes zootopia
Im fucking baffled.
>>344260725
Do you not know how greentext works?
>>
>>344261091
hell no
>>
>>344261094
Try any resident evil before 4.

Also all your posts comes off as something I'd see from IGN.

Its more obvious to see who you are than someone with a fucking tripcode.
>>
File: 1384806628947.jpg (94 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1384806628947.jpg
94 KB, 1440x810
"TLOU is FotW garbage. No one will even remember it in a month." - /v/ in 2013
>>
>>344261254
The gunplay is in no way on the same level of intensity. Old doesn't mean better. There may be the inaccuracy to the guns that are there, but the weight, shakiness, and power is in no way there. Also the camera perspective helps put you into perspective and doesn't leave you detached as some lurking wanderer watching action play from oblong angles.
>>
>>344261094
>In most games, you don't play an average guy, you play an overpowered badass with sharp trained precision.

At first you may have an argument since the gameplay is just fine but i can recall many games where the protagonist wasn't a badass.

I recommend you to play more videogames before calling something groundbreaking.
>>
>>344242639
did you even watch MM's review? He likes it, but loved is really stretching it. It was a shallow game with an alright story.
>>
>>344242639
Every time I try and play this shit, I can't stand the stealthing around one hit kill creatures and I'm only two hours in.
>>
>>344261034
>fur shit
Great, so you actually know dick about film.

So riddle me once more about how there are better films than TLOU, when your knowledge on (apparently) both gaming and film fields are narrow.

I mean even your trip exposes you as some weeb. You probably think AkibaStrip is a good game. And you probably buy the yearly Atelier release.

Oh and once more
>fur shit
If you think Disney, the company who's mascot of 75+(?) years is a half naked anthropomorphic mouse, is attempting to appeal to the incredibly niche and weird demographic of furries, utilizing a blockbuster film who's very existence must be sink or swim, with investors to satisfy and pedigree to live up to, then you're lethargic.

And that's a FUN film for all ages. Unless you sit in a corner all day and complain about how mom doesn't love you, and that being a teenager is a drab, then I suppose you're just edgy enough to fit it with the billion people who have the same mindset but would "never understand you."
>>
>>344261548
>THERE WAS NO GAME TO DO THIS BEFORE
>yes there was
>BUT THOSE ARE OLDER THAN THIS GAME
Well, I think everyone in this thread already knows how fucking retarded you are, and it is obvious you won't stop spouting retarded shit, so seeya.

one last thing
>Also the camera perspective helps put you into perspective and doesn't leave you detached as some lurking wanderer watching action play from oblong angles.
then play resident evil 4.
>>
>>344242639
Because it was massively overrated and people feel they need to underrate it to balance.
>>
>>344261572
I said in most games. And no game before has the execution the last of us has. Name another game where you actually move like a human being. Survival horror games only render you to move like a tank, but Last of Us pushes it further by giving you freer range of movement while still restricting you.
>>
Since this is a shitpost thread

Who's 3:50 here?
>>
>>344259464
>It's not serious and predictable so it's shit

wew
>>
>>344261708
His trip is a reference to the sniper from tf2 newfriend. Reliable Ecchi Deliverer, Reliable Excavation Demolition.
>>
>>344261708
You would also know that as a blockbuster film it tries to play it as safe as possible trying to pander as many people possible instead of being something worthy of the medium. You calling it "best than 99% of films in existence" says pretty much that you know dick about film
>>
>>344261108
Pajeet, when my girlfriend and I watched it, we cracked up, and it follows a successful film formula. You literally have to be a sour scene kid to hate on it. Or maybe you just didn't see it which is fine. It's clever and fun. You're allowed to have fun in between all the scowls and furrowed brows you throw around all day.

Which makes you disdain for TLOU all the more vexing. Maybe you had a bad day or sub optimal playing conditions. Whatever the case, as a gamer who has played/cleared over a thousand, I wholeheartedly confess that TLOU is a good game and is worth playing, and that anyone who hates on it is being a contrarian faggot. Or maybe you just prefer South Korean games based on your favorite Mongolian animes
>>
>>344261009
You haven't played many of those games then
>>
Last of Us was okay.
Was mostly disappointed in my first playthrough after hearing so much about the story yet the most important part of the narrative(The two main characters relation) and then there is a stealth segment where Ellie just ran around enemies.
>>
File: 1463969610995.png (152 KB, 358x432) Image search: [Google]
1463969610995.png
152 KB, 358x432
>>344261009
>TLOU
>Havimg more gameplay than DOOM or Wolfenstein
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.