[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2 or Bloodbourne?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: dark_souls_2.jpg (54 KB, 854x797) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_2.jpg
54 KB, 854x797
Need some opinions yo.

Have played Demon Souls and am on NG+4 on Dark Souls 3 and am looking for the next step.

Obviously Dark Souls is the fav of the series, but I'm either waiting for a PS4 remaster or waiting until I save up for a decent PC.

So... Dark Souls 2 or Bloodbourne for the PS4?
>>
Bloodborne.
>>
>>344234540
/thread
>>
There's no point in waiting. You aren't getting a remaster.
>>
Dark souls 2 for sure it's the Patrician choice, Bloodborne was just a beta for dark souls 3
>>
>>344234841
Not really.
Bloodborne is Demon's Souls 3 (Dark Souls was Demon's Souls 2).
Dark Souls 2 was a spinoff from the main series made by a chinese outsourcing.
Dark Souls 3 is just a Dark Souls 1 romhack.
>>
>>344234425
Go for Bloodborne, u wont regret it m8
>>
DS2 is still good but Bloodborne is better.

BB = DaS > DeS > DaS3 = DaS2
>>
File: Souls 7.jpg (1 MB, 879x809) Image search: [Google]
Souls 7.jpg
1 MB, 879x809
>>344234425
Bloodborne. Dark Souls II is something you should play only if you're really desperate for more Souls gameplay because it's more frustrating and tedious than it is amusing. As its own game, it's fairly good, but the boss and level design pale in comparison to every other entry. People aren't exaggerating when they say that ninety percent of fights are "guy in armor." Environments tend to be claustrophobic and extraordinarily bland.

I should probably be a bit more specific. Bloodborne is the franchise's natural evolution with a huge shift in gameplay mechanics from defense to offense. It's great in pretty much every conceivable way. If you want to play the ENTIRE series, play II, then BB so you end on a high note.
>>
File: thesewoundstheywillnotheal.jpg (42 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
thesewoundstheywillnotheal.jpg
42 KB, 600x429
>>344235990
>mfw I'm a lameass turtle player and I played BB for the first time
>>
>>344236240
There was an adjustment period for me too. It's to be expected. It really encourages aggression with the regain mechanic, and attacking even after they're dead can restore some additional health. I love how it shook things up, which is why Dark Souls III wasn't as good. It was more of the same. It's the best mechanically of the pure Souls games but BB is still better because it tried something new that worked while retaining the series' identity.
>>
File: 1457373204678.jpg (185 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1457373204678.jpg
185 KB, 1536x2048
>>344234425

Bloodborne by a fucking mile. From's spiritual successors are always better than their sequels. BB is easily the best game they've ever made.
>>
>>344236240
what's worse is going to DS3 after BB, you're trying to be aggressive and fast but everything just shits on you if you dont use a shield with straight sword
>>
>>344236729
Not entirely true. BB forced me to git gud at dodging because I never used either shield. There was a point where if I kept a shield, I'd have fat rolls, so I dropped it, kept Yhorm's machete, and killed a bunch of bosses without much of a problem. The only fights that wound up being difficult to any significant degree were Oceiros, Sulyvahn, and Gwyn's kid.
>>
>>344234425
Play Bloodborne, and don't count on that DS1 remaster ever materializing.
>>
>>344234425

I've played all of them and genuinely liked DS2, but there's really no arguing that BB is the superior game of all the soulsborne titles. As much as I love DS2's variety and pvp, BB just flat out has better gameplay and atmosphere, and for me personally that trumps everything else.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is Demon's Souls 2
Bloodborne is Dark Souls 3: 0
>>
I prefer playing DaS2. BB doesn't have enough meat and is too linear compared to DaS2.
>>
File: kR4JRExjdRQ.jpg (188 KB, 1500x818) Image search: [Google]
kR4JRExjdRQ.jpg
188 KB, 1500x818
Bloodborne, no question.

Dark Souls 2 is not only a bad souls game, but a bad game in general. It's ugly, clunky, and in no way enjoyable. There isn't a single memorable boss outside of a few DLC ones, and even those pale in comparison to Bloodborne's lineup.

BB is one of the best games of all time. It's polished, gorgeous, haunting, and the most unique in the series. Trick weapons are brilliant and have the most detailed and in depth movesets out of any weapons in the series, and each one is fun enough to warrant it's own play through. The base game has some amazing bosses in the first half but the second half lacks the same oomph, but this is fortunately rectified by granting you access to the DLC early on, allowing you to mix up the monotony of the second half with the best content in the whole series, with amazing bosses, weapons, areas, and enemies.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.