[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone hate Sonic Adventure 3? Responses from people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 06.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
06.png
3 MB, 1600x900
Why does everyone hate Sonic Adventure 3? Responses from people who have played it are preferred over responses from people who just saw it on game grumps. I am legitimately curious.
>>
Honestly just doesn't feel finished, SA and SA2 weren't without bugs but they felt like complete experiences at least
>>
>>344222814
>>344222212
it's not a finished game, extremely buggy and a chore to play. I have way more fun playing unleashed or colors
>>
I have it and honestly the worst part of the game to me is the loading times. Its not a great game but its not terrible people. Glitches are present and its an easy game to break, but really they only mainly appear if you go out of your way to break the already fragile engine. I have done playthroughs with less than 5 glitches really interrupting progress. Its a 5/10 at best, would be 7/10 if the glitches were removed and the loading was better
>>
>>344222212
Playing levels co op was fun. I never got far enough in the game to judge the story, but still a decent game.
>>
>>344225186
>would be 7/10 if glitches were removed and loading was better
Someone's working on that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXUAhtgafIU
>>
>>344225554
Looks cool, but im not down to mod my xbox for that
>>
>>344222212
If it weren't for the god awful load times, I think I may have slightly enjoyed it.
>>
I was actually excited for this game

>Broken physics
>Terrible story
>All the side characters are simply not finished. Especially Blaze, Rouge, and Tails
>Worst framerates drops I've ever seen
>Mach Speed zones were a nice idea, but are glitchy and wonky as hell

That's just scratching the surface. The music is a guilty pleasure of mine though.
>>
>>344226386
But the music was actually good. In fact, that's one of the few good points of this game.
>>
>>344226660
Hes an underage gamegrumps watcher using terms he doesnt know. ignore him.
>>
>>344226772
Nice accusations, faggot. I actually played the game on the 360 when it just came out. Are you just gonna assume everyone who hates on Sonic 06 is a let's play watching idiot?

>>344226660
I liked Silver's theme a lot more than I should have. It sounds like Green Hill Zone?
>>
>>344222814
This anon summed it up perfectly.

Lack of polish doesnt describe it. The sonic adventure games felt jank but certain parts flowed quite smooth and really stood out from the rest of the game (like city escape). 06' maybe felt good for 5 seconds per level, but thats a big if, the whole game was uncomfortable and frustrating to play.
>>
>>344225793
It's a remake for PC, you dummy Anon~
>>
>>344227332
If you say stupid shit like good music is a guilty pleasure then yes, you sound like an underage gamesgrumps watcher. use your words better family
>>
>>344227626
I said guilty pleasure because of the negative stigma attached to the game. Of course people will look at you funny for listening to music from a shitty video game, anime, movie, or any other type of media. I used the term correctly.
>>
>>344227980
Sure, if youre on another forum or talking to a normalfag youd need to drop that. but its unnecessary here unless youre trying not to trigger nintendo autists.
>>
>>344227332
There are 3 too many variants of Dreams of an Absolution. Prefer the Starry Night Remix.
>>
>>344228134
Could you please explain what any of this has to do with nintendo autists?
>>
I hope the anniversary game is called Sonic Adventure 3 but it plays exactly like Generations 2 just to annoy the people who deny 06 is SA3 because it isn't called SA3
>>
>>344228458
You fell for the meme that sonic 06 lacks a single redeeming quality when that is quite literally not true. You need to say that the game has nothing so you feel safe and like you fit in. So a retarded nintendo autist doesnt jump on your ass and tell you just how wrong you are. This is a sonic 06 thread. Yes its a bad game, but its not without its good traits either and its time to stop acting like a rabid gamegrumps fan and acknowledge the few good things it does offer
>>
>>344222212
>Why do people hate Sonic 06?

Have you actually fucking played it?
>>
>>344228730
Literally none of that has never happenned to me. I played the game and the only things that I actually liked was the music and the fact that my favorite character from Sonic Rush was given a nice role in the story. You just need to lower your autism levels and realize that some people actually played the game and were upset with it. Especially if you hyped it up and bought a 360 for it like how I did.
>>
>>344229413
>tfw I originally wanted a PS3 for this game
>It runs worse than the 360 versions.
>>
>>344229413
Ok then you liked something, theres no need to check the trigger warnings of nintendo autists and gamegrump autists and put guilty pleasure. Anyone with a working brain can admit to saying the music is good but you felt like giving it an ounce of praise would be to much and like some faggot would jump on you for that. stop that betaness, is what im saying. I got a 360 with sonic 06 and gears of war in 2006 too and while I was disappointed, I never hated it. As a rushed game, its actually pretty good what they managed to scrape together in such a short amount of time. Look at shit like...mighty number 9. 3 years with multiple delays and thats what they came up with. For a year or so of work, sonic 06 is as solid as you could reasonably expect it to be, given its ambition, its first next gen appearance (including the difficulty of working with the then new ps3), and new engine and technologies that were codeveloped on the side. Thats all im saying. Examine it under the lens of reality and conditions it was given, instead of pretending it had all the time and budget in the world and thats the best they came up with
>>
>>344229827
At least you didn't buy an entire system for this piece of shit like how I did. On the bright side, I got to play the definitive version of Bayonetta before it was put on Wii U.
>>
File: confused black man.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
confused black man.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>hey sonic team, sega here. we're splitting your team up, we need half of you to work on a wii sonic game.
>oh okay, whats gonna be the new deadline for 06 then?
>it's not changing, just make the game with less people, what could go wrong?
>>
>>344228730

Sonic 06's music is bland as fuck. It's not bad aside from the love songs but it's nothing worth praising either, it's pretty lackluster compared to other games in the series with actually good soundtracks.
Judging by your rambling posts in this thread you sound like an apologist that wants to blame the sorry state of the Sonic franchise on everyone besides the people responsible for the games
>>
>>344229932
>As a rushed game, its actually pretty good what they managed to scrape together in such a short amount of time.

You can't be serious. Sonic 06 is a fucking trainwreck.

>have to replay the same shitty levels three times to unlock the true ending
>rehashes every boss fight except Sonic's final boss
>glitchy and broken game that will get you killed as you fall through the world and die, fly off ramps in the wrong direction, and everything else in the game that breaks
>devs didn't even bother to give you a targeting system for Silver's telekinesis so you just have to throw shit around and hope for the best
>those awful Silver boss fights
>god awful storyline shoved down your throat

Sonic 06 is the perfect example of how to not make a video game.
>>
>>344230617
Thats crazy but arguing over musical taste is dumb. I love the soundtrack in 06 and its one of my favorites in the series. It all has a soft resonant new age feel to it while the level themes accurately fit their...levels. The autistic fans get equal blame too for the way its in currently. People who think sonic is bad havent actually bad games in their life before. Dozens of shovelware straight up unfun with no qualities 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen games. Thinking sonic is equal to any of those is because of years of memes and brainwashing from ign, 1up, and other retards who just found something that gave out easy clicks
>>
File: gun commander.png (116 KB, 338x249) Image search: [Google]
gun commander.png
116 KB, 338x249
>>344231276

>The autistic fans get equal blame too for the way its in currently.

I don't think the fans made Sonic Team make poorly-made, scattershot games. Or made SEGA constantly slash budgets and deadlines for Sonic games so ST made poorly-made, scattershot games.
If anything they're to blame for the fanbase too, since by making so many wildly different games over two decades they fragmented the fanbase to the point every other person has a different idea of what Sonic should be.

>Dozens of shovelware straight up unfun with no qualities 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen games.

Are you seriously trying to argue that bad Sonic games aren't bad because worse games exist.
>>
>>344233040
Maybe not, but the fans did want a game about shadow. they did want more friends to be playable and make appearances. they wanted new characters. they wanted GUN and realism. They got what they want. Sonic fans teeter between classic autists who really should just fuck off already because no game is ever going to be a clone of the old ones again (which frankly arent even all that good) or the newer younger fans who grew up with adventure and think chao garden and stories are the main part of sonic. Some sonic games are bad no doubt, but they are nowhere near the title of "worst game ever made". That is just a byproduct of a meme thats been going on since 2005 and will never end at this rate
>>
File: iizuka.jpg (120 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
iizuka.jpg
120 KB, 478x359
>>344233710

No matter what reasons you contrive, it's 100% the fault of the people who make the games. Every fanbase for every game series ever made constantly spouts terrible ideas as a whole, that's not an excuse. It's up to the developer to decide which ones are worth considering (no more fishing) and which ones are worth ignoring (give Sonic guns). The people responsible for Sonic at the time weren't competent, so they didn't ignore the bad ideas.
>>
>>344233040
And about the management side of things...sega has been restructuring for over a decade ever since they abandoned the dreamcast and consoles. They tried in 6th gen pushing new ips out on every platform. super monkey ball, skies of arcadia, pso, yakuza, jet set radio, space channel 5, rez, bringing back outrun, panzer dragoon, shinobi, and the typical genesis collections that they love porting. Sonic was the only one that was consistent and a guaranteed million seller, making them shift their focus on all things sonic, meaning sonic team got the most work out of any other sega studio. at the turn of the century they even split up so one half can focus on sonic (sonic team usa if you remember them, later renamed sega studio usa) while the regular sonic team in japan was making things like samba de amigo, chu chu rocket, and several iterations of phantasy star online and later universe.

They have a new president though and appear to be done with corporate restructuring. Bouncing back is their next goal but its looking hard since their presence is ruined because of a few shoddy sonic games over the last decade. Their new president satomi is a cool guy and has apologized and issued new responses and theyre really taking the new sonic team project seriously, thinking it will delight many. So it was a road of hardship but its finally calming down

>>344234720
I believe sonic adventure was a tech demo shown to display the power and different game types the dreamcast was capable of. yes, including things like sega bass fishing. The guns in shadow are a dumb complaint seeing as they function smoothly and enhance the combat while being simple. If you remember, in 2004-5 the market started wanting to get darker and go for more mature themes. It was an infant concept and sega thought sonic should head there too. Ultimately it was a bad idea but its a shadow spin off instead of a mainline sonic so it should rest in history as that. cont
>>
File: 1446366191942.jpg (37 KB, 471x350) Image search: [Google]
1446366191942.jpg
37 KB, 471x350
>>344222212
>It's another Sonic 06 is Sonic Adventure 3 episode
>>
>>344235761
>It's a "SA fag is in denial" episode
You can't just deny the truth, Anon
>>
>>344235385
The core gameplay of shadow isnt even all that bad and there are cool ideas buried underneath a murky presentation. Fans wanted more backstory on shadow and the game gives just that, providing different points of history. It comes off as fan fiction and isnt necessarily good...but its what they came up with and envisioned shadows past to be.

Sonics core gameplay does WORK. in 2D and 3D. The real problem comes from expectations and game length. People today have a hard time paying $10-20 for a 3-5 hour indie game on a digital platform. No one but hardcore sonic fans will drop $60 on a 2 hour sonic game, and game length in games like colors and generations and lost world is used as a criticism against them. They have both hands tied and cannot win. Either there is an alternate gameplay(s) that tie in to the game and the game provides your standard 8 hour adventure fare (such as unleashed and 06) or you have a short, unsatisfying game like colors and generations are with garbage stories and production values. Ive personally never had beef with the alternate gameplays besides fucking fishing so if thats the cost of another huge budget ambitious game like unleashed with huge fast levels for sonic to run through, I'm down with looking for emeralds, shooting things up, or brawling and platforming. I imagine most sonic fans are against this idea though and very well, I accept that im a minority. All I know is though, if the next main sonic game is another unsatisfying 3 hour romp with another shitty story and more nostalgia pandering instead of moving the series forward, I wont be buying it until a severe price drop to the $20-30 range. I love sonic but cant drop $60 for such a measly adventure. At the very least, fire and ice looks to have a good amount of variety in the stages, I like the characters and designs in boom anyway, and it will be $40 instead of $60.
>>
Chao garden
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.