[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Color Splash's story is so emotional it will make you cry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: GIMMICKSPLASH.jpg (40 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
GIMMICKSPLASH.jpg
40 KB, 600x338
http://gonintendo.com/stories/260927-paper-mario-color-splash-s-story-may-make-you-cry-says-nintendo
>"For this game we wanted to make it an action-adventure. You're probably already aware of the Mario & Luigi RPG series of games, and our efforts with this game [Color Splash] have been to provide something different to that. Some of the things we've focused on in the past are the humour and a well-put-together story. That's something we've really focused on for this title."'
Let me guess, Huey dies in a copy paste version of Kersti
>>
>Color Splash's story is so TRASH it will make you cry
FTFY
>>
>>344206371
Who the fuck is Huey
>>
>>344206371
They're just going to reuse that shitty "sacrifice" scene from SS, aren't they?

Oh, and Bowser will probably be the final boss.
>>
>>344207223
A scientist that worked for Keither Sutherland. After his son Hal cucked him, he drowned himself
>>
Oh I'm crying already, miss Tabata...
>>
>>344207884
The paint bucket with eyes
>>
>>344207884
A filthy traitor and base goblin
>>
File: 1451185776822.jpg (20 KB, 360x261) Image search: [Google]
1451185776822.jpg
20 KB, 360x261
Don't bother Tabata, nothing will ever top Bobbery's backstory
>>
File: 1454116386096.jpg (92 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
1454116386096.jpg
92 KB, 610x343
>"Since this is taking place within the greater Mario world, we wanted to focus as much as possible on the familiar Mario characters. As you mentioned before, when you're limited, that tends to bring out greater creativity." I had commented earlier in the interview that the original Paper Mario seemed to be designed to put a creative spin on the Nintendo 64's constrained technology, and Tabata said those constraints are still important even on far more capable systems. "We had to think a lot about, 'Alright, if it's all Toads, how do we make them distinctive? How do we give them personality?'
>"One we thing we decided was that the basic Toad is red, and then if they have something different about them, we'll change the color. And a lot of the personality comes out in the text. You can also use the fact that they all look alike as the basis for jokes. We're really trying to focus on using all these Toads, and other familiar characters, and still creating great variety and keeping things interesting."
>"We've done some play tests, and there were quite a few people who cried at the end," she told me. On hopes those will be tears of empathy for the characters, familiar as they may be, rather than tears of bitter fan betrayal

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-hopes-to-keep-paper-mario-color-splash-interesting-despite-its-limits

>Helping dole out the story this time around is Huey, a magical paint bucket, who holds a similar role to Kersti in Sticker Star. Huey is the only companion Mario will have, although Nintendo has said this is to allow him to form a close bond with players. By the time the story ends, Tabata said, "you'll probably cry".
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-paper-mario-color-splash-sheds-its-rpg-roots-for-action-adventure-with-charm
>>
>>344206371
It's so emotional that I'm already crying.
>>
>>344206371
>HAHAHA WELL, WE HAVE-
>YOU MIGHT CALL IT A S-STORY HAHA
>ITS THERE
>now this
Also that shitty fucking level in the pic. I am almost instantly dehyped just from this one post
>>
>>344206371
they arent wrong, I felt sorrow after they confirmed that it will be a 2nd Sticker Star.
>>
>>344209057
>no unique characters due to wiiu hardware limitations
COME THE FUCK ON
>fan betrayal
>fan
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.