[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 heavily underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: DarkSouls3.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
DarkSouls3.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Hey /v/, why is Dark Souls 3 so underrated? I see nothing wrong with it, its a great game. Good bosses, creative weapons. I don't see why people hate on it so much.
>>
ignore the Souls community and make your own decision, every game in the series has unique high points and faults it's all a matter of which game to hate is the hottest meme as of late.
>>
If anything it's overrated though, what are you on about?
>>
the pvp (the only source of replayability) is fucking shit
>>
>>344195601

This all the fucking way mong.

I'm tired of forced opinions just cause the camps can't have their wank in regards to magic, poise, etc. shit and scare away potential newfags.

Shame the community is half n half.
>>
>>344195913
yeah because it is most important aspect of single player rpg with limited multiplayer options

On the topic I would say that it is because it is just another iteration (4th one) of very similar mechanics and people just get bored of it( at least here) and beyond that I didn't see hate on it anywhere else besides 4chan
>>
File: 1436067312604.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1436067312604.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>344195913
>(the only source of replayability)
>not NG+
>not trying different builds
>not collecting every weapon
>not saving NPCs you couldn't before because you didn't know
>no sir, just the pvp

Pvp in every Souls game has always been shit. If you play a Souls game for the pvp you're a goddamned retard.
>>
>>344196783
for dark souls 2 players, a awful pve game, yes, pvp is the most important.
>>
>>344197040
This, this, this. If you only play a souls game just for PVP then what the fuck are you doing.
>>
>>344197150
Souls PvP has always been sub-par. Invasions and co-op are fun additions to the main game but playing a Souls game just for PvP is stupid. The combat mechanics just aren't super well-suited to PvP, especially with all the latency issues
>>
>>344195263
It's the newest one. Miyazaki's new IP'll come out and people'll shit all over that instead. Hell, I actually see people defending DaS 2 now.

Same shit with Final Fantasy. XV'll be the worst game in the series until XVI comes out. Then it'll be an unsung masterpiece.
>>
>>344197723
>I actually see people defending DaS2 now
Seriously where did all these fucking DaS2 apologists come from. That game is just not a well designed game
>>
>>344197723
Exactly, I hate that shit.
>>
>>344195771
Didn't like huh?
Sorry, but I don't believe anyone who's ACTUALLY played it didn't like it. Just like with bloodborne.

Could you post your Steam/PSN/GT? I want to know if you 100% it. Because right now I just see some contrarian hipster bait posting right now.
>>
>>344197515
The biggest problem is the fucking hangups I always get. I have godtier Internet. Have almost zero latency at all times with everything else.
Any Soulsborne game I play I consistently get backstabbed by people standing right in front of me, or my sword just whiffs through stationary invaders. Even when a hit connects, I can't enjoy it. Didn't feel like I hit anything.

That said Demon's was the least bad about this for me. Haven't tried Bloodborne PVP (though the NPC hunter fights are my favorite parts so far, so I'll give it a shot) and haven't played DaSIII yet. We talking the same shit on those?
>>
>>344198062
>inb4 this fag has it but didn't even get through ludex gundyr
>>
>>344197945
Scholar did a lot of polishing up with the lore and replaced that awful final boss (with another shitty one, but hey at least they tried), decisions I personally liked.

They fixed virtually nothing else though, and the hitboxes may have actually gotten worse. Salt and Sanctuary is ultimately better.

The apologists on /v/ is just classic contrarianism.
>>
>>344198212
Yeah, that's what I mean. People that Shit on any of the Souls game don't have any merit to shit on it.

They say PvE is bad but haven't 100% the PvE content.
I don't trust anyone on this board's opinion with these games. They're usually just bait posting
>>
>>344197723
>>344197945
>>344197987
>suddenly
DaS2 always had a fanbase, there is no suddenly hipsters. The DaS2 is bad crowd were just the loudest of the bunch.
>>
>>344197040
>>344197485
could not get gud detected
>>
>>344198476
Pretty poor logic there, but you are right about the constant influx of bait. Some people just don't like Soulsborne games or at least some parts. I personally hate PVP in most of them because it's always been inexplicably clunky for me. I'm not baiting there, I just don't like it in general.
>>
>>344198584
this, this retards spamming that ds3 sucks are the ds2 players.
>>
>>344197723
How to derail a thread of the worse fa base on /v/
>I like DaS 2
You're all a bunch of idiots and contrarians
>>
good but weapon variety is meh, longsword is OP

bloodborne was better
>>
>>344198742
sick logic
>>
DaS3=DaS2

this is a fact. DaS3 is not better than DaS2 at all. Its just as bad, in different ways
>>
>>344198635
I don't play PVP cause someones fucking connection is shit and I get hit from 2 feet away. I literally have a clip on my Xbox of someone hitting and killing me from 6 feet away.
>>
>>344198420
The enemy placement also got worse. Compare old Iron Keep to Scholar Iron Keep.
I've heard DS2 apologists claim that people who hate on DS2 just haven't played Scholar but fucking hell it didn't actually change anything important.
>>344198584
DS2 did always have fans of course, but the ardent defenders were actually in the minority, and most people who liked the game could even admit that it was worse than the previous titles. This was especially apparent in the threads when it first dropped, and I mean the console versions. We talked about the game and liked it but we all admitted it was pretty disappointing still.
Now you have people claiming Scholar is the best Souls game by far and militantly denying every single flaw that pretty much everyone has agreed one.
>>
>muh PvP

It's literally a mini-game.
>>
>>344198584
It's mostly the people who say DaS 2 is better than DaS3 that irk the shit out of me. I've played the hell out of both. Hell, I even really liked the Scholar edition of 2. Doesn't mean it was better than DaS 3. It just wasn't.
>>
>>344198874
Nah. DS3 is disappointing in its own ways of course but it's a much better game just by the virtue of not being a poorly designed mess.
>>
>>344197040
>thinking all of that is a significant source of replayability
Normies need to leave. If a Dark Souls doesn't have +500 hours of replayability, which usually comes from PVP, it is shit. I bet you think +60 hours is a long time to play a game
>>
File: Untitled.png (643 KB, 1203x865) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
643 KB, 1203x865
>>344198062
I think it's alright, but you've got tons of people saying it's the best in the series, which is just silly.
>>
>>344195263
A fan-service game with no substance other references to the first game to induce faggot boners... underrated...

noooooooooooooooooo, you don't say.
>>
DaS3>DaS=BB>DeS>DaS2
>>
>>344198982
This, its fucking stupid when people complain about the game not being fun, and the only good aspect is PvP.
>>
>>344195263
The game itself is stellar. Easily the best of all the pure Souls games, which includes Demon's. The problem with it is that it's more of the same. We literally just had BB last year which is far and away the best Souls game because it retained the series' identity while changing the formula in a refreshing way. DSIII doesn't really take any risks or do things new. It just refines what the previous games established. I love it but I felt sort of empty throughout, knowing it's not up to the task of introducing new ideas. It's still a satisfying end to the series.
>>
>>344198919
>The enemy placement also got worse. Compare old Iron Keep to Scholar Iron Keep.

Can't say much there.

I got the PS3 version because I heard the enemy placement went to shit.
Unfortunately that meant I still got zombie Vendrick, which was hugely disappointing to me.
>>
>>344199156
>a game that is a carbon copy with a less varied environment
>equal to dark souls 1

kek
>>
>>344195263
I stopped playing it because it got too easy. I expect these games to be finished after about a year, at the rate i was going, i was going to finish within the first month it was released.
>>
Not going to read this thread. Just going to post this and leave. Don't need your (You)s

Pre Vessel > Old Hunters > SoTFS (dx9) > AoTA > SoTFS (Dx11) > Post Vessel > Bloodborne > DeS > DaS II > DaS III
>>
>>344199370
>bb
>carbon copy

haaha what
>>
>>344199143
Hell, I'm liking Bloodborne better than DaS1 to be completely honest. I doubt 3's gonna top it.
>>
>>344199156
DaS=BB > Das3 > DeS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DaS2 DLC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DaS2
>>
>>344199394
FUCKING THIS. I enjoy the game but From Software did not make it hard enough. It was probably the easiest souls game.
>>
>>344199506
>souls just renamed to blood
>not a carbon copy

ok
>>
>>344199394
>>344199604
You guys realize that if you've been playing through the entire series of course the final game is gonna be easier for you unless it was stupidly hard, right?
>>
File: ds2 room.jpg (491 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ds2 room.jpg
491 KB, 1920x1200
>>344198874
Just no. DS2 was literally the biggest disappointment in any game in my entire life. That game is just awful.
Hell, even the graphics are worst, no one goes hollow in the game, the npcs are retarded or have shit questlines end of their questlines they just disappear forever, bad bosses, awful level design, ctrl+c e and ctrl+v everywhere, shit lighting, the same game was sold again with some tweaks as SOFT with the full price, and it still dont look half as good as the E3, and the list goes on... the only good thing about it was the war against the giants in the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LgsWKWfGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

>>344199552
>ds3 over des
>das on pair with BB
have you forgotten how ds1 is after you get the lord vessel?
>>
File: 1467660747746.jpg (10 KB, 220x255) Image search: [Google]
1467660747746.jpg
10 KB, 220x255
>>344195601
fitst post is best post
>>
>>344199394
Call me hipster I don't give a fuck. But DaS III is such a boring piss easy game. It's only redeemable aspect is it's fucking OST.

Where DaS 2 took too many risks and failed this game played it way to fucking safe and flopped poorly.

I understand making a game easy because its "popular" but the souls games (bb included) were never hard. Making it EASIER was a bad decision.

I'm going to pretend both DaS2 and DaS3 both don't exist for my own sanity
>>
>>344199720
>have you forgotten how ds1 is after you get the lord vessel?

the only area thats bad is izalith, its still an amazing game post vessel
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306 KB, 1198x827) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306 KB, 1198x827
>>344199852
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>344199709
>be me
>get ds2
>play with friend
>thought it was boring as shit
>friend always wanted to play it with me
>no dude its fucking boring
>dark souls 3 comes out
>get more into the souls series
>the only souls game i'm good at is dark souls 3
>i have every souls game
>the only one im good at is ds3
>kind of good at ds2
>complete shit at ds1

Its easy Anon.
>>
>>344199394
>taking a year to play any soulsborne game
>being surprised to only take a month

Holy fuck you're bad. Every Souls game literally designed their monsters and traps to be avoidable. Christ, you wanna talk about too easy? I stopped dying in Demon's Souls once I killed Flamelurker. I literally wasn't dying to anything, even pitfalls. Even killed Allant without a fucking hitch, and this isn't even the result of farming grass. It just hit a point where it was very easy.
>>
>>344195263
Personally I think the only major flaw of DS3 was the release of a day one guide. Maybe even the release of a guide at all. These games would be better without guides.

Idiots had incredibly high expectations parroting "a-team will save the day" when they should have known DS3 will get the short end of development in favour of Bloodborne.

They should have also know that DS2 and DS3 were commissioned by Bandai Namco and that From was contractually forced to do them even though they wanted to try new things.

That being said, they're still very good games and there's nothing quite like them.

In general though people like to exaggerate to the extreme.
Something either has to be a masterpiece or shit. No middle ground.

The Souls community doesn't exist anymore anyways. It died somewhere during DS1.
>>
>>344199709
Thats not true. I am terrible at dark souls. Ive played every game and im still terrible. I also hate how the only times i did die, it was from being one shotted because they catered to the normies so hard they encouraged the shit out of high hp builds. It was made to be easy, its not easy because ive gotten good.
>>
Neither of the direct sequels are very good. The things that make the souls games great are best done in a new environment. Half the armour in DS3 is just old shit.
>>
>>344199720
I haven't forgotten. Yeah DaS has some blemishes but I think the experience as a whole still remains one of the best. I honestly don't even mind Lost Izalith as much as everyone else, the Crsytal Caves are definitely worse; though the Bed is probably the worst boss in the series next to the Ancient Dragon.
And I just like the faster gameplay and bosses in DaS3. I like that sort of playstyle, I've mainly played 2-handed dex weapons since DeS, and I played DaS3 before Bloodborne so I didn't have as much series fatigue approaching it. That being said they aren't that far apart, I started with DeS and I still fucking love it, I think all the Souls games minus 2 are very close.
>>
>>344199709
yeah, no. I beat DaS3 in a week. I thought I'd try the other games, so I picked up DaS1 and I've been stuck at the beginning prison boss for at least a week.
>>
>play DS games all day every day
>time not spent playing is dedicated to watching souls videos
>probably a useless neet to boot
>hurr, why is DS3 so easy?
fucking /v/
>>
Just curious on /v/'s opinion. Which Souls is best?
>>
>>344199720
>hur bad graphics
DaS3 is so linear I fall asleep playing it because I dont have to think about where Im going. A rubber gum band holding a controller stick forward could beat this game
>>
people hate on dark souls 3? i thought 2 was the only one people hated? also who cares what people rate it at, enjoy the game. pvp is unbalanced af tho.
>>
>>344200072
The game series got its reputation for being hard. Not everyone is NEET and uses guides, okay?
>>
>>344200628
>>
>>344200628
DaS hands down
>>
>>344200568
>play das3 for first time
>dissapointed because "this is difficult series"
>play das2 for first time
>get shit on

it is easy faggot
>>
>>344200628
1, but maybe thats just 'stalgia from when i first experienced a souls game.
>>
>>344200203
you might be terrible (though I doubt it) but you're still much better relative to when you started playing the series

there's no way you didn't get better after playing possibly hundreds of hours of Souls games.
>>
>>344200628
Dark Souls.
>>
>>344200628
Don't start a poll you colossal retard, that'd make too much sense.
>>
>>344200641
DS2 is fucking linear as hell too. It just tricks you into thinking it isn't because you can go multiple ways, but all the fucking paths and levels are basically straight lines except the wharf and the fotfg connecting to the bastille. DS3's overall progression is more linear but the levels themselves are nowhere near as linear as 2's.
>>
>>344200628
>>
In my opinion ds3 have the greatest music but its like a baby from bloodborne and ds1 and that's a bullshit
>>
>>344200628
Tie between BB and Dark Souls.
>>
>>344200717
No, you're awful. You don't need a guide to hit the fucking circle button at the first sign of danger.
>>
"working as intended"
>>
>>344200628
Bloodborne. If that doesn't count than probably DS1. DeS is close though.
>>
So many people in the Souls fandom do you think have actually played DeS now? Especially now that the series is on PC except for DeS and BB
>>
>>344200961
Rolling only works if input lag isnt a thing. How the hell am i supposed to roll away from an attack when i have to know what theyre going to do before they do it? I am pretty awful though, which only shows how truly bad ds3 is.
(Dark souls 2 was worse though)
>>
>>344200628
Demon's and Dark are about on par for me. Bloodborne second, 3 third.
>>
>>344201064
Poise is shit anyway
>>
>>344201228
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>344201228
I still see a lot of ghosts running around in DeS. More than DS1 on PC actually.
>>
File: dec.gif (1 MB, 1266x712) Image search: [Google]
dec.gif
1 MB, 1266x712
>>344199942
it's still a huge drop on the quality that des/bb/ds3 don't have.

>>344200325
i'd love to see a dark souls 1 full/fixed version, but the game as it is(specially without dsfix), its not as god as the others.

>>344200641
here it is, the ds2 players i was talking about.

>>344199852
ds3 is not that bad, specially considering that the devs didnt even wanted to it like they didnt wanted to do ds2. They only exist because of bandai namco oyveys wanting money

>>344200717
bandai namco gave the reputation of being hard to the soul series*
''prepare to die edition'' was not an idea from fromsoftware
>>
>>344195263
no, its superlinear, balance is garbage and from knows it,
>>
>>344201228
Less than 30% maybe less than 20.
>>
>All those poor PC only players that have only played one of the good Souls games
>>
>>344201347
>How the hell am i supposed to roll away from an attack when i have to know what theyre going to do before they do it?

Paranoia. I've been playing Souls games since DeS released, and every slight movement'll make me dodge if I'm first going through the area. Once you get a general feel of the place it just gets smoother and smoother.
>>
>>344201502
Because they didn't want to do it doesn't excuse them from making a bad game anon.
That excuse didn't work for DaS2fags, it's not going to work for DaS3 as well.
>>
File: mozart.png (12 KB, 61x64) Image search: [Google]
mozart.png
12 KB, 61x64
>>344200835
>DS2 is fucking linear as hell too.
>It just tricks you into thinking it isn't because you can go multiple ways
>>
>>344200628
2 just because of the replayability. Also I think the pvp is the best out of the series even if you do have to grind for CREOs
>>
>>344202053
Except DaS3 isn't a bad game. It might be a disappointing game but it's not a bad game by any means. I'd actually say it's a great game.
DaS2, on the other hand, is a mediocre game at best.
>>
File: 1455718900194.jpg (13 KB, 236x306) Image search: [Google]
1455718900194.jpg
13 KB, 236x306
Everyone seems salty in this thread.
>>
is the collector's edition worth it?
>>
>>344202341
/thread/
>>
>>344202428
YES
E
S
>>
File: ds2.webm (1 MB, 484x266) Image search: [Google]
ds2.webm
1 MB, 484x266
>>344201347
in ds2 you get hit even if you know whats going to happen

>>344202053
but ds3 is good unlike ds2. its just not as good as bb and des.

>>344202341
Why people say its disappointing? what were they expecting after fucking dark souls 2? i was terrified that expecting that it would be just as bad as ds2 was, i had 0 hype, the game was a good surprise for me.
>>
>>344202302
I know that sounds like an oxymoron but there are levels that are actual straight lines in DS2, and the vast majority of levels are just basically straight lines with a dead end branch here and there. Also once you get to the Castle it's more linear than anything in DS3, you don't even have an option to go anywhere else until the giant memories. And the giant memories are pure shit.
DS3 has an overall more linear progression but the levels themselves are not straight lines, there are generally multiple ways to go and a lot of the paths in levels tend to connect back to other parts of the level. Essentially DS2 has a nonlinear progression in the beginning but the levels themselves are very linear save a few, whereas DS3 has a linear progression but the levels themselves are more open like the other Souls games.
>>
>>344202810
>Why people say it's disappointing
I'm not one of those people, I'm like you where the extremely bitter disappointment of 2 left me incredibly wary about 3 and when I played it I was pleasantly surprised and had a great time. But people are disappointed with it because admittedly it doesn't do anything really new, it's kind of like a "best of" the Souls series. Which doesn't bother me but not everyone wants to explore a bunch of cathedrals between warping to Firelink again. Also it's the shortest one and the progression very linear.
And they totally fucked up magic so you can't have hybrid builds as easily which is honestly something about it that bothers me. I rolled faith/dex in every game but DaS3 it's not worth it at all.
>>
>>344202810
That's a bad example of the hitboxes. They nerfed that attack to shit. You have to actually be standing right in front of him for that attack to land now.
>>
this game gonna make a comeback once winter season comes around
>>
>>344203573
Almost all the thrust attacks still have garbage hitboxes in 2, especially for bosses. Their hitboxes are always far wider than the weapon and they hit you even if you're behind the enemy.
>>
>>344203795
>Their hitboxes are always far wider than the weapon and they hit you even if you're behind the enemy.

I've never had that happen to me. The only enemy I can think of that has bad hitboxes on their thrust attacks is the Jailors in the Lost Bastille. And even that's not really an issue if have atleast 15 adp.
>>
>>344195263
I love DaS3 though.
>>
File: ThriftyRightAmericanriverotter.webm (439 KB, 628x346) Image search: [Google]
ThriftyRightAmericanriverotter.webm
439 KB, 628x346
>>344203212
what do you mean with they fucked up magic? im using miracles and its fine, we even have a nerfed second change back from demon's souls.

>>344203573
no it wasn't i played both the regular game and soft.
>>
>>344202341
Fucking this.
DaS3 is just as bad as DaS2.

Defending DaS3 as "b-but das2 is worse" is not an acceptable argument.
>>
Cathedral of the deep is the best area in the series
>>
>>344204602
it is not

das3's boss design, level design, and ost blow das2 out of the water
>>
>>344204602
>DaS3 is just as bad as DaS2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVqUmE3sUZ8
>>
>>344204909
Anon, what isn't better than DaS2?
Using DaS2 as a basis to say a game is good is not valid.
>>
DaS3 is one of those games you know you will never replay.
DaS2 also.
>>
>>344204909
But in terms of build and weapon variety and replayability 2 blows 3 out of the water. I was very disappointed by NG+ in 3.
>>
Why doesn't Poise work?
>>
>>344199852
>>344199953
>>344204602
Based anons.
>>
>>344202830
>whereas DS3 has a linear progression but the levels themselves are more open like the other Souls games.

Just jumping in here to say that actually does sound better. I prefer going between well-designed maps in order over picking and choosing a bunch of badly designed ones.
>>
Dark Souls 3 is just further showing that Miyazaki shouldn't be forced to make sequels.
Bamco didn't learn with Dark Souls 2 (It still sold well)
And they didn't learn with this. (Still sold well)

Doesn't matter about the quality, when it's going to sell anyways.
>>
>>344205223
Build and weapon variety don't mean shit when the actual content of the game isn't good
>>
>>344205798
Have you played the DLCs? All of them were top notch.
>>
The dark souls games have the same problem as the dark souls community - each game is different for different reasons.
DaS1 focused on a tightly connected world, lore building and player base expansion
DaS2 focused on improving PVP from the first game at the expense of the PVE and lore
DaS3 focused on Lore, fan service, and PVE at the expense of PVP
How you feel about each of these games says more about what you desire in a game than the actual game itself.
>>
>>344197040
In all honesty, without mods the NG+ in DS3 is pointless minus the new items that can be found. Nothing seems stronger, it all just seems weaker.
>>
>>344206004
No they weren't
Sunken still wasn't a good level. I don't care what anyone says; it's a bunch of straight lines and rectangular rooms and it was still pretty linear. It also had a boring drab color palette which made sense but it didn't do the already boring level design any favors. Sure it had switches and shit but switches don't save a boring level either. It sucked.
Brume and Eleum Loyce were better designed, Eleum Loyce more than Brume, but I still felt the enemy placement wasn't that great, there was still an over-reliance on big groups of enemies that all aggro at the same time.
Also the bosses of Old Iron King fucking sucked. Oh boy more big knights with big swords, just what I wanted.
Also they all had those terrible optional co-op focused areas. Frozen outskirts was so close to being cool but instead it was a nightmare.
>>
>>344206340
>ds2
>not fan service
it have the worst fan service
>Description
>"A miracle that launches a spear of lightning.
Said to be the legacy of an ancient clan whose leader was revered as the God of Sun.
>The name of the clan has been lost to time, but the gross incandescence of our magnificent father shall never wane."
>>
>>344205798
The story was horribly unfinished. The DLCs are what actually made it good.
>>
>>344206340
well put, I completely agree
>>
>>344206529
bait
post platinum
>>
>>344206614
The lore also doesn't make the actual core DS2 experience not badly designed, so it's a totally moot point. You can enjoy the lore just as easily by looking it all up on a wiki or on YT and never touching the game yourself.
>>
>>344206004
yes and they weren't good at all, better than the vanilla game, but not good, they were OK.
>>
>>344206590
That's the whole point every fan wants something different so DaS3 tried to be everything to everybody. Instead all it felt like was a good (not great) game with forced callbacks to DaS1.
>>
>>344206774
I never said the game wasn't shit, only that the DLC made the lore better. I thought that's what you meant by content.
>>
>>344197040
Yeah dude
>try to make a bowman
>everything has D scaling and no damage, can't be infused
>deal no damage
Haha yeah man epic fun build variety :^)
>>
>>344206957
A step up from the bad (not good) game with forced callbacks to DaS1 that DaS2 ended up being.
>>
>>344206590
This so much. Have people forgotten that there was also a ton of DS1 pandering and callbacks in 2? At least it made sense in 3 since it's the same place, in 2 it's totally out of place.
>Hey the old ladies are fire keepers hahaha remember those??
>Lol praise the sun XDDD Sunbros!!!
>Oh yeah the four lord souls are totally just in this completely different continent with no real explanation! Weird huh.
>Hey Quelaag was cool right?? Let's make a boss based on her, except isntead of making her a cool important fight she's some random disappointg boss! Made by Seathe!
The only callback actually handled somewhat well was Manus
>>344207018
Of course not. I'm talking about the game itself; the level design, the mechanics, the enemies and bosses, etc. You know, the really important stuff that DS2 fails at.
>>
>>344195263
>I don't see why people hate on it so much.

it's fanboys of 2 are salty that 3 removed all the "fixes" that 2 added to the series (2 fixed nothing)
>>
>>344207129
On this we agree, but I value a single player experience over anything else. The vocal proponents for DaS2 are mostly people that love their honor duels and battling different builds in fight clubs. It's very hard to argue against DaS2 being the best in the series for those people.
>>
>>344207439
>You know, the really important stuff that DS2 fails at.

I feel the lore makes every soulsborne game worth playing, but I completely agree with you on every other aspect.
There just aren't enough good stories about the nature of knighthood out there. You tend to take what you can get.
>>
>>344207674
>it's fanboys of 2 are salty that 3 removed all the "fixes" that 2 added to the series (2 fixed nothing)
Nah, it's because it's because fans of the series really wanted a good game since we got the abomination that was 2, and instead we just got a boring lesser copy of 1.
>>
>>344207439
>completely different continent

But it's not.
>>
>>344208130
Nah, if you hate 3 you're "obviously" a dark souls 2 "fanboy xd"

/v/ souls fags are a joke
>>
>>344208161
Isn't it?
Unless it's supposed to take place in/near Lordran too. In which case that's fucking bullshit and the most forced callback of them all.
>>
>>344208130
>and instead we just got a boring lesser copy of 1.

which is better than the abomination that was 2 and the DLC that claimed to "fix" 2
>>
>>344208657
DaS2 being a bad game doesn't excuse DaS3 from being a bad game lol
>>
>>344208494
>In which case that's fucking bullshit and the most forced callback of them all.

"Time and space is convoluted" is a plot contrivance that DS3 is equally guilty of. DS2 clearly mentions that several kingdoms have risen and fallen in Drangleic, and the "lazy callbacks" were supposed to imply one of them was Lordran.

Then DS3 retconned the whole thing.
>>
>>344207439
You can clear Catacombs of Carthus, Consumed King Garden, Profaned Capital, Anor Londo under 5 minutes each
Cemetery of Ash, Firelink, Road of Sacrifices, Untended Graves and the Kiln are basically non-locations
Which leaves only 10 out of 19 total locations to be worthwhile, how is that good level design? How was DaS2 worse in that regard? There was not a single skippable piece of shit location in that game. The mechanics were better too, DaS3 is still unbalanced like hell
>>
>>344208823
Thank god, that's really fucking stupid.
>No guys this is totally where DS happened except it doesn't have literally anything in common with the world from DS or even feel like the same place at all except for these stupid things we're forcing into it to try and pretend it's the same world from DS
>>
I would have liked ds3 a lot more if it actually tried to do its own thing instead of just constantly going, "hey guys remember THIS from the previous games? HA HA CRAZY."
>>
File: 1446163289255.gif (2 MB, 350x271) Image search: [Google]
1446163289255.gif
2 MB, 350x271
>1: We know what cake we want to bake, little short on time but it came out good.
>2: Were gonna teach the kids how to bake, and try to use a new recipe at the same time - also we have 5 minutes to do it.
>3: We lost the old recipe but vaguely remember it. Let's try substituting some things with more 'healthy' alternatives. Short on time, ended up burning it a little.
>>
>>344209123
Miyazaki did the exact same thing in DaS3. What are you getting at?
>>
>>344209123

>Thank god, that's really fucking stupid.
>DS3 does the same thing.
>>
>>344207758
Oh yeah, I'm entirely with you there. I never really fucked around with the PVP, but on the rare occasion that I did, I actually did like DaS2's online combat.
I play for the pve and lore though. While they fleshed out the lore in the DLC, there's no excuse for the gameplay, either in level design or the awful hitboxes.
>>
>>344209309
I always considered that the ages between games were spanning hundreds of thousands of years, when the ruins were long buried and the geography changed.

That's always how I thought of Dark Souls ever since 2. Haven't played 3 just yet though.
>>
If you're only praise for this game is that it's better than Dark Souls 2.
Then maybe it's not that great of a game.
Just saying
>>
>>344209028
You can clear Drangleic Castle, Shrine of Amana, Dragon Aerie, Dragon Shrine, The Giant Memories, Huntsman's Copse, Heide's Tower of Flame, Shaded Woods, Aldia's Keep, The Gutter, The Black Gulch, The Door of Pharros, and Undead Crypt in 5 minutes each. Probably even more palces I'm forgetting considering how many non-areas DS2 has.
And none of that has to do with level design. At all. Yeah DS3 has some small areas but they're generally just litttle parts of the bigger areas. Anor Londo was just the end of Irithyll, for instance, which was a big level. The levels in DS3 are big and organic and have a lot of places to explore in them and have a lot of paths that connect back to other areas of the level.
DS2 has straight hallways and rectangular rooms. That's about it. The level design sucks.
Also DS2 has god awful combat mechanics. It's so slow and clunky and not fun at all to play. Even if DS3 is unbalanced at least it's actually fun to play.
>>
>>344209746
>Also DS2 has god awful combat mechanics. It's so slow and clunky and not fun at all to play. Even if DS3 is unbalanced at least it's actually fun to play.
Not that anon you're arguing with but I disagree.
strafe strafe r1 strafe strafe is boring but not as boring as r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1 r1
>>
>>344209746
>Drangleic Castle, Shrine of Amana, Dragon Aerie, Dragon Shrine, The Giant Memories, Huntsman's Copse, Heide's Tower of Flame, Shaded Woods, Aldia's Keep, The Gutter, The Black Gulch, The Door of Pharros, and Undead Crypt in 5 minutes each.

But that's wrong.
>>
>>344209305
>>344209309
The difference is DS3 still feels like the same world, especially since you start in Firelink. It felt like the game was written as an obvious sequel so all the connections to the old game made sense. You went through the old areas changed, and it made it feel like the same world.
DS2 feels like a completely different world. Trying to attach it to DS1 is just dumb. It should have just been its own thing.
>>
Honestly I'd like the game more if it didn't reference all the other games that came before it. And I'm not just talking about DS that's all well and good since its in the same universe but the weird DeS and BB call backs felt way too out of place and unnecessary.

When I played DS for the first time, things like Pinwheel, Gargoyles, Crestfallen, Patches, Shiva and Lautrec kind of took me out of the world as well but I could forgive it since they clearly needed a place to start from and that the game had enough creative bosses, enemies and NPCs that it seemed fair that they took some liberties with the characters.

The only reason why they re referencing DeS and BB in DS3 though is to invite comparisons between the games. I liked Yuria and the hub of DeS as well but it takes me out of the DS world when you reference them.

I didn't like the warping straight from the start and the disconnected Firelink Shrine either, BB did the same thing but it made complete sense in that game, in a game like DS however you're supposed to feel like you're surviving in a world not warping Megaman select screen style to the next boss.

Ahh well bosses were fun for the most part and level design was an A- the whole way through and I'm glad they wrapped up the story, so its all good.

B- altogether I guess.
>>
>>344209930
I always felt that DaS2 was about the war between the giants that were originally gonna be explored through the broken portal in Demon's Souls. Unfortunately Miyazaki wasn't in charge. Least we got Bloodborne out of it though.
>>
>>344209930
It's attached only by the name, there are little references here and there. Drangelic isn't lordran.
>>
>>344209880
I don't agree. Strafe strafe r1 strafe strafe is really boring and tedious. The whole game I was just wishing I could actually cancel my cooldown again so I wouldn't be stuck in these long boring same-y defensive fights.
But I prefer faster combat overall so I guess it's down to opinion. However DS2 just has some straight up shitty mechanics like adaptability.
>>
>Hate

Nobody hates it, it's just... bland. But not hateworthy.

DaS2 had polarizing fans. Either loved it or hated it. DaS3 is just there.
>>
>>344210112
Yeah that's my point. So don't go putting shit like the lordvessel and the lord souls and Solaire references in Drangleic where they make absolutely no sense. Make it its own place.
>>
>>344209930
>The difference is DS3 still feels like the same world

No, it's feels like a completely different world with Anor Londo stapled on.

> especially since you start in Firelink.

Which is Firelink in name only -- it looks more like the Nexus for fucks sake.

The only sense in which you're right is they lazily copied the castle/swamp/catacombs areas from DS1, but it's not implied that these are the same castles, swamps, and catacombs from DS1 lorewise.
>>
>i see NOTHING wrong with it
Hahahahahaha

This is what fromdrones actually believe
>>
>>344210427
Yeah, how dare he legitimately enjoy a video game. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>344210328
>No, it feels like a completely different world with Anor Londo stapled on
Well we'll have to agree to disagree there, because to me the world felt similar enough that I could buy it. And I'm not talking like pure layout and shit, I just mean overall. It has similar aesthetics to the rest of the series. That's why people think it's so same-y because, well, it is.
Meanwhile DS2 felt like a completely different place with out of place references in it. It also feels way more like a generic fantasy game when it wasn't just taking stuff from the other games, which was honestly really disappointing.
>>
DaS3 suffers sequel syndrome
>>
>>344210259
it is it's own place though lol
>>
>>344211000

Learn to read a fucking reply chain.
>>
>>344210551
But he said nothing, which is an extreme, making OP look pretty stupid.

There is many things wrong with DaS3, and denying those faults isnt good for the industry and devs either, they need to know where to improve and change

Its gonna get stagnant and bland
>>
>>344210823
>hey memezaki, we finished abother chapel boss room/level
>alrighty then, slap some choir to its bgm
>>
>>344211363
I sincerely doubt there's a mainstream developer alive that actually browses /v/ for feedback.
>>
>>344207439
I donno, i kind of took 2 as a majora's mask of the series. Like if Lordran was Hyrule, Drangleic would be Termina. Your character was probably born and raised in Lordran, but then once they got cursed and eventually wandered into that black hole in the ocean at the beginning they ended up in the slightly parallel world of drangleic. Much like termina and hyrule, they have a lot of common entities, items and themes and seem very similar, but are not quite the same place. So the story and everything that happened with your MC wouldn't really carry over to DaS3.
But I'm no expert, and that is just my base assumptions from what little i actually cared to gather in the game. 2 was the worst one in my opinion, so i wasn't too invested.
>>
>>344211573
MIyazaki isn't in charge of music you donut
>>
>>344208783
true that DaS3 wasn't as good as DaS1 but it was still a solid entry in the Soulsborne series.

Unlike DaS2
>>
>>344211193
ur dum
>>
>>344212369
>but it was still a solid entry in the Soulsborne series
>>
>>344212628
Yes, DaS3 was a solid entry.

DaS2 was not
>>
>>344212606

Says the man who made not one but two posts arguing against someone who agreed with you.
>>
>>344212717

>DaS3 was a solid entry
>>
>>344212717
>>344212369

Jesus Christ, this. You unfun fucks holy shit. Once the price drops and I hollow out Bloodborne of course I'm gonna be all over it. By then the new Miyazaki game'll be nearly out if not out already and DaS3'll get universal kinds of praise on /v/ for being miles better than the new game.
>>
>>344212830
It was though.
I think most people who hate it are really down on it just because of series fatigue honestly.
>>
>>344212830
Yes it was, 2 fanboy

>>344212945
>already and DaS3'll get universal kinds of praise on /v/ for being miles better than the new game.

but that already happened. It got universal kinds of praise on /v/ for being miles better than DaS2
>>
>>344212991

>All of these people with legitimate complaints about length, replayablity, build variety, and lazy copy-pasting of areas from DS1 are just suffering from series fatigue.
>>
>>344213063
>It got universal kinds of praise on /v/ for being miles better than DaS2
Look, I'm a big supporter of 3. But "it's better than DS2" is not exactly high praise
>>
>>344210328
To me it kind of seemed like the firelink you start in 3 was just the basement of the one from 1, which we never got/had a reason to explore.
If you buy the tower key and go up there it starts to look a little like the area from 1.
But you gotta keep in mind, we dont know the actual passage of time between the games. At least one WHOLE civilization got rebuilt and fell again in Lordran in the time between your chosen undead linking the flame, and your ashen one arising. Time and civilizations can change the fuck out of a place.
Hell, even if there wasn't civilization, you think our monuments, buildings, and even landscapes would still be exactly how they are now, if you woke up 500 years in the future?
Be a little open minded, my friend
>>
>>344213063
>Yes it was, 2 fanboy

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>344213248
>But "it's better than DS2" is not exactly high praise

true, 2 was that bad

>>344213428
I was quoting >>344212830 who'se post implied that DaS3 was not a solid entry
>>
>>344213289
>At least one WHOLE civilization got rebuilt and fell again in Lordran in the time between your chosen undead linking the flame, and your ashen one arising. Time and civilizations can change the fuck out of a place.

I was arguing from his point of view; where he claims it doesn't make sense for Drangleic to look completely different even though, as you said, multiple eras and civilizations have gone by.

Of course Lothric can look different, but you can't simultaneously say it's okay for Lothric to look radically different from Lordran but it's lazy when Drangleic does it.
>>
>>344213617

But I never mentioned 2. Are you illiterate?
>>
>>344213894
your post implied it
>>
>>344213248
"Almost as good as DS1", however, is. And I personally felt it was. Sure it had its issues, but every goddamned Souls game has issues.
>>
>>344213948

Where?
>>
>>344213789
Lothric doesn't look radically different thought, that's the thing. It's still very much Lordran; there are different kingdoms sure but there's still a lot of the same as well, and visiting old areas, even if they've changed, just strengthens their connection.
Drangleic meanwhile as literally nothing in common except a lordvessel on the ground and the lord souls. Not even some fucking ruins of stuff in DS1. And it's not like the geography of the world would radically change either. If they wanted to imply it was still Lordran they could have done a lot better. It just feels like a cop-out.
>>
>>344214140
in you damn post
>>
>>344210328
>>344213289
Actually, now that i think about it, I wouldn't even doubt that the firelink we know in DaS3 could literally just be below the one from DaS1 and was initially hollowed(kek) out by the new lords of cinder and used as their throne room, because the place had significance in linking the flames and maybe the legend of the mighty chosen undead also used firelink as main base of operations.
>>
>>344214393

You're only digging that hole deeper, anon. It's okay to admit you have a neurological problem.

Show me which post, then explain how it in any way implies I'm a fan of DS2.
>>
File: 1461894340976.jpg (188 KB, 945x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461894340976.jpg
188 KB, 945x1080
>>344195263

After the first playthrough I started to realize it had a lot of problems that soured my enjoyment. None of them are fixed months later and I doubt they ever will be so I lost interest even faster than in DaS2. I don't think they can recapture the feel of DeS or DaS so I'm ready for them to just move on to something new, personally.
>>
>>344214762

Or to put it another way:
Only a DS3 fanboy could look at someone who holds the opinion "DS2 and DS3 have different but significant flaws" and jump to accusing them of being a DS2 fanboy.
>>
>>344213789
ah, sorry, i haven't read the whole thread, and i didn't go back very far.
I'm also >>344211826 so that kind of explains my take on why Drangleic looks wildly different.
My problem is that there didn't seem to be enough of a time difference between 1 and 3 for 2 to have happened in the same world, or area. Where yeah, 1 and 3 had a very similar style, layout and atmosphere as opposed to 2. So there HAS to be something going on there that places it somewhere else.
>>
File: 29zscvq[1].png (916 KB, 604x657) Image search: [Google]
29zscvq[1].png
916 KB, 604x657
>>344215727
>there didn't seem to be enough of a time difference between 1 and 3 for 2 to have happened in the same world, or area

Because 3 retconned 2. The presence of the lord souls and the altar of sunlight are clearly meant to imply that Drangleic = Lordran and we had no reason to believe otherwise until DS3 came out.
>>
>>344204901

>what is dragon shrine
>>
>>344199394
>Havent gotten to the hardest bosses
>Calls it easy
>kek
>>
>>344197040
>not NG+
nothing at all changes in NG+, all of the enemies and bosses are the same. it's just a hunt for fucking dumbass +1 rings
the number of builds that work are very limited and even if you try them, every time you come up against their limitations you'll be faced with the temptation to pull out a straight sword and mash r1 to victory because that's simply and objectively the best way to do things in this game
>not collecting every weapon
not everyone is an autismus maximus
>not saving NPCs you couldn't before because you didn't know
You need a guide to do ANY of the npc quests because they specifically designed it so that you only trigger npc quest stuff to happen in an area after you've left that area and have no reason to go back there because all the bonfires are warpable
>>
>>344216808

>2 hours and 52 minutes ago
>>
>>344216193
Those statues are destroyed because they're the nameless king. When he ditched his dad's side, Gwyn must have ordered them to be all smashed.
>>
What monsters drop the items needed to rank up in the covenants in Dark Souls 3?

except Sunlight Medals, I farmed those bitches for days since no one knows how to fight Yhorn
>>
>>344216956
just because that poster has died of old age by now doesn't mean he wasn't wrong
>>
>>344217075
Priests dregs
Ghru sword grass
Silver knights ears
>>
>>344217407
Dark wraith tongues
>>
>>344217075
You only need knight for ears and Ghrus for grass, others are easy to farm.
>>
>>344217407
>Priests dregs
>Ghru sword grass
>Silver knights ears

>>344217568
>Dark wraith tongues

now, where would I find a good spot to farm these guys?
>>
>>344217070

>Smash these statues in exactly the same way.

I suppose you could call it developers being lazy and copying the asset, but the exact same statue broken in exactly the same way shows up again in DS3 so it's never really implied there is more than one.

That, and I forgot that the Throne of Want is implied to be the Kiln.
>>
>>344217676
>now, where would I find a good spot to farm these guys?
Not him but how are you this retarded? Just go to the bonfire by the abyss watchers fight and farm the two that are there.
>>
>>344218075
that's it? No other dark wraith location?
>>
>>344218075

He wants to spend several hours grinding out useless covenant rewards and you're questioning whether or not he has some form autism?
>>
>>344218223

I don't know, maybe you should fucking google it instead of asking stupid questions.
>>
>>344218223
>that's it? No other dark wraith location?
That's the easiest and quickest spot to farm them since they're like ten feet from the bonfire.
>>
>>344217842
I always though that since even the sunlight wariors don't know their leader's name, every new statue was made already broken in image to the original.
Or Gwyn zapped all of them at the same time.
Or From is lazy.
>>
>>344218223
>that's it? No other dark wraith location?
That's the easiest and quickest spot to farm them since they're literally like ten feet from the bonfire.
>>
I honestly found it boring after the first play through, and the butchered covenants has kept me from coming back. For me it's BB>DaS>DaS3>DaS2
>>
Does anyone know why I can't get summoned as a Blue Sentinel?

The icon is glowing.
>>
>>344220072

Because From can't code to save their lives.
>>
>>344220072
I only get summoned as dark moon.
>>
>>344218075
>>344218362
>video game themed image board
>ask about video games and tries to talk about locations for farming
>"HRUR FUCK U USE GOOGLE FGT GO AWAY DONT TALK TO US HARDCORE GAYMERS"

God DAMN you are such a fucking cock. why are you even here? go back to one of your overwatch fap threads. Or go play actual video games, since you have no reason to be on this website since you wish to discuss nothing.
>>
>>344220614
I guess I will try Dark Mooning after beating Dragonslayer Armor

I also heard that max weapon level affects summoning, is this true?
>>
>>344221082
yes
>>
No poise, teleporting dogs, heavy armor does fuck all, and magic sucks.

Worst Souls game
>>
>>344221184
did I fuck myself by giving myself a +10 weapon?
>>
>>344221347
i didn't played much, mine is +9 and its fine for me.
>>
File: great_magic_shield[1].png (24 KB, 210x238) Image search: [Google]
great_magic_shield[1].png
24 KB, 210x238
>>344195263
What is objectively the best spell in the game, and why is it great magic shield?

>get a shield to 65 stability minimum
>cast GMS
>take no stamina loss when blocking, even if its kicks
>no damage from elemental weapons
>all of this regardless of what weapon you're being hit with

People are fooled by it so easily, they think they can break my guard, waste their stamina, and i punish them hard. Works great with the wolf greatshield too since it ups resistances, stops bleed builds.
>>
>>344220660

Using us as a glorified wiki is not a "discussion". In order to have a discussion, the answer must not be known.

Maybe if, after googling, it was not clear what the best area to farm something was you could start a discussion. Asking where the best place to farm chunks in makes sense. Asking what enemy drops tongues or which of the literally four dark wraiths in the game to farm does not.
>>
File: 1466208563683.gif (448 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
1466208563683.gif
448 KB, 425x425
>>344221623
this icon looks so good
>>
When I played this with a cheap amd cpu and an r7 260x I could beat the game multiple times.

Now with my intel i5 and r9 380x, the fucking online keeps shutting off due to how shitty the framerate is.

Is my CPU being bottlenecked?
>>
>>344221623
>duel charm
>spam gigantic i-frames rolls until shield is gone

Best PvE spells are GCFO and Hidden body, invasion ones vestiges and CSS and duel ones surge and dart.
>>
>>344221891
Yeah, fine. You're right, but he didn't have to be such a fucker about it.
Maybe the dude was just like, "oh a dark souls 3 thread, maybe they're talking about this game, i'll ask a general question i've been wondering about."
I donno. I'm just not a person whose immediate reaction is to be as much of an asshole as i possibly can, so I just don't understand. So just people being genuine assholes for no reason seems to trigger me beyond belief, who knows why.
I mean, if the guy didn't want to answer, just fucking don't. Don't be a cocker about it. Someone else probably will answer if they want to.
But this is probably the major malfunction with the community on this site, so I guess i just gotta deal with it or leave.
I probably don't belong here but I think I stay because defending abused people makes metaphorically hard.
>>
>>344223273

It's for his own good to be mocked and ridiculed into learning how to use a basic skill.
>>
>>344222298
>implying people have duel charms and use them
Most people try to get greedy and break your guard, if i get a runner i'll just switch out or use a thrusting weapon to catch them on their rolls.
>>
>>344195263
Average/mediocre game
Bad souls game
>>
According to the souls fanbase

>If you hate DaS3, you're a DaS2 Fanboy
>If you like DaS2, you're a hipster contrarian
>If you hate Bloodborne, you are a PCuck.
>If you hate Demon's Souls, you never played it
>If you hate Dark Souls 1, you never played it.

Right?
>>
>>344223273
It's not a harder question though, it'd be a two step thing of searching the item in the wiki then looking at the enemies locations.
There are 4 darkwraiths in the whole game, only 1 bonfire nearby silver knights and 1 near Ghrus. There's no doubt about what's the best location if you think about it for a while.

It wasn't something you could honestly be troubled about such as an ideal armor choice for a certain equip load or the effectiveness of weapons with weird scalings such as certain catalysts.
What does the spoiler mean?
>>
>>344195263
It's a fine game, I just felt it was kind of derivative of what we had seen in the series before and didn't bring that much new or interesting to the table. I honestly preferred Dark Souls 2 over it because it at least tried to do a few new things and didn't feel like it was repeating the set pieces again.
>>
>>344224802

It means he jacks off to his own self-righteousness.
>>
>>344195771
This. I see nothing but praise for the game.
I do like the game, but its messed up in many aspects. Relies too often to the "multiple enemies in a boss fight rather than one well designed boss" gimmick that DS2 was guilty of. Enemies can hit you through crazy thick walls, pvp is fucked beyond belief, covenants are once again almost pointless, poise is broken and the devs say "its working as intended" and so on. It has a long list of MASSIVE faults, but despite all that its a damn good game. I hated Dark souls 2, never touched bloodborne (dont want to get consoles because fuck that framerate), but this game really feels a step closer to what made Demons Souls and Dark Souls 1 so great.
Its fanservice at its finest, has many parts that are carbon copies of Demons Souls and they feel great to see after all this time. For example that one certain scene with the firekeeper.
No waifu is better than the maiden in black though.
>>
>>344225309
>implying anything tops bonfire-chan
>>
>>344225441

>implying I want a waifu who won't shut up about Ludleth.

Seriously, what were they thinking.
>>
>>344195601
fucking this
>>
I still don't understand why From decided to remove poise. Like I get the concept of trying to balance it for lighter weapon builds so it only works if you're in the middle of a large swing animation, but at the same time that's what makes the most logical sense. Flicks on a rapier or epee isn't going to puncture plate-reinforced rock armor, but it will make me slow as shit and should make it easier to get around, backstab me, or if I'm rolling, make my i-frames less broken.

Hell, the game itself is hypocritical because when you learn the wolf ring is useless, you then go to fight one of those armor knights, and they tank like 4 or more hits while absolutely wrecking your shit
>>
>>344226268
t.not a pvper
watch any giantmom weapon toggler absusing asshole in das1
>>
>>344225748
>implying I'm talking of her
>implying I want a waifu who won't shut up, period

Bonfire-chan
>offers help to weary travellers
>never wastes your time with bad dialogue
>never forces you to return to a shitty hub for her help
>is willing to go everywhere for you
>becomes your true companion and the one you can count on whenever instead of just another hub NPC
>can be improved over time and helps you with anything, be it becoming human, upgrading, storing or warping
>gets stronger as you give her more love
>never demands anything from you
>appears to congratulate you after tough bosses because she cares for you
>only asks that you stay with her in the end but even if you pick something different she respects your decision

Maiden in Black is fucking awful, she can't even compete.
>>
DaS was the only Souls game that properly balanced the PvE and PvP aspects of the game.

Bloodborne may have the best PvE and DaS2 may have the best PvP arguably, but DaS was the only game that offered the full experience.

If DaS had been a completed game, it would have been timeless.
>>
>>344227190
see >>344226387
>>
>>344227159
>made up waifu
>better than real waifu

Oh shut the fuck up
>>
>>344226387
>>344227284
I may be wrong since I played as a no poise fast rolling character, but I heard that poise in 2 worked differently for PvE and PvP, couldn't they have expanded on the system?
>>
>>344227664
poise didnt exist in 2 and only had hyperarmor on all weapons
in 3 that hyperarmor is just on ugs
>>
>>344227510
>made up
>literally the first thing you find besides a few hollows

Why don't you try to defend the actual points? Maybe because you can't admit your waifu sucks?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.