[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no final unwinable boss battle against Solid Snake >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault18.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault18.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>no final unwinable boss battle against Solid Snake
>no post credits cutscene with Ocelot, Liquid and Decoy Octopus murdering Kaz in Alaska
>no Grayfox
>no Sniper Wolf
>half assed villain
>every game has had remarkable boss battles except V
>the game's plot is expanded instead of it being given more depth
>no codec calls
>no David Hayter
>felt more like a continuation of Peace Walker rather than the fifth installment of the series eventhough nobody gives a shit about Peace Walker and it's shitty characters

Wew, what else have I forgot? You can't even call Kojima lazy in this one since he actually went through the trouble of creating a whole new "story" with new characters instead of the stuff we thought we were getting (BB's descent into evil). However that was a very stupid decision since this new story with new characters sucked dick.
MGSV was a mistake. A plot with BB's descent into madness, featuring lots of old characters practically writes itself, think of how much time they would saved if they did that. We would actually have had a complete game.
>>
>>344192287
I'm going to sum up your arguments with "muh fan theory"

It's one thing to speculate before release, it's another to get so attached to your shitty ideas you think they're worth implementing.
>>
>>344192287
im really glad you didnt direct this game. That is a shit list
>>
>>344192287

It's even worse then MGS2 and that was the worst Metal Gear
>>
>>344192287
I bet your favorite game is MGS2.
>>
>>344192686
>>344192803
Surprisingly enough this "fan-theory" is still better than what we got
>>
why dont you idiots already know that kojima gave up on development for this game because of konamis bullshit and spent his time working on silent hills in secret

theres a reason why its called phantom pain

he even said before that it wasnt the real mgsv
>>
File: 1466033919462.png (204 KB, 279x300) Image search: [Google]
1466033919462.png
204 KB, 279x300
>mfw this was supposed to be Kojima's magnum opus but we only got 50% of the game.
>>
>>344192984
Where did he say that?
>>
>>344192287
Game was a pile of shit, especially the open world gameplay.

only like 3 memorable outposts
>>
>No David Hayter
Good
>>
>>344193212
>good

Damn, i hate the kids on /v/ these days.
>>
>>344192973
The unwinnable boss fight is worse than what we got. We didn't need gray fox and Sniper Wolf crammed in. SkullFace was fine. MGS2 had awful bosses and MGS4 had mediocre ones. Tapes are just codecs that don't pause the game, codecs were implemented to save money on cutscenes. Whatever to hayter. I also didn't love PW.

The story was tied up with 4, every game after has been an excuse for gameplay.
>>
File: magnum.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
magnum.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
>>344193025
>50%
Well, at least we can kill ourselves with it.
>>
>>344193212
Why are you a contrarian piece of shit?
There is legitimately no argument as to why it's "good" that DH wasn't included in the game
>>
>>344193382
Shut up, he was good until 4. have you fucking heard him in Peace Walker? It's hilariously bad
>>
>>344193616
i barely remember peace walker because it was a shit game. i hate Autist boss
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMilA34KGXw
He's fucking shit, his voice is ridiculous and his delivery has no charisma or emotion at all
>>
File: 1444531700035.png (986 KB, 810x736) Image search: [Google]
1444531700035.png
986 KB, 810x736
>>344192287
I hope you're ready to listen to a bunch of idiots whose first MGS was V say shit like
>good, i didn't want a bunch of shitty fanservice anyway
>i'm glad there weren't 30 hours of cutscenes like mgs4

In a game that claims to be "the missing link in the metal gear saga" there should've been some fucking fanservice, not to mention an actual finished plot that has some bearing to the rest of the series. It's like some shitty spinoff
>>
>>344193212
This.
Everyone assblasted about hayter needs to take off their fucking nostalgia goggles for 25 minutes. The man is a shitty performer and it didn't help that he was directed by shitty vo directors
>>
>>344193740
>his voice is ridiculous
it fits the game i have to say
>>
>>344192287
but there is a greyfox skin and a sniperwolf skin
and if you expand your operations to 10 fobs you can pretend the last one is zanzibarland and everything else just happens there. And you can just act out your codec calls. "Raven territory, huh?".
>>
>>344193937
>>344193212
>one bad performance
>HES FUCKING SHIT

Oh, fuck yourselves
>>
>>344194057
MGS4 was bad too
>>
File: 1435021709153.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1435021709153.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>344192287

>No David Hayter

That is probably the best thing about The Phantom Pain they had the dignity to hire a real actor for the role...

From my point of view it is like if Kojima wanted to stop trolling the player base for once and suddenly decided to make a decent videogame... a true Metal Gear game nonetheless... but then the ghosts of his past mistakes arise from the grave and Konami decides to go full pachinko syndrome and the final result is this strange mix of slot machine and tv commercial.

A shame really this could have been a game for the ages.
>>
File: workaholics_top_gun.jpg (42 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
workaholics_top_gun.jpg
42 KB, 600x598
>>344194097
Snake was literally dying in that game, it was top notch voice-acting.
>>
>>344192287
>game is bad because my personal wishlist wasn't fulfilled
Also
>no david hayter
At best his presence would have made literally no difference
Likeliest scenario is that he would have been objectively worse than what we got
>>
>>344194097
Fair enough. Act 3 was shit but i enjoyed the rest alot.

MGO was also the best multiplayer experience i have had. Too bad 5's was fucking shit
>>
>>344192287
Kojima fucked the story up so hard that at this point i dont really care anymore, i just want some fun gameplay. And MGSV had that.
>>
>>344194550
i really enjoyed doing 90 missions at that one fucking outpost with the flood fields in africa and i too also enjoyed those great boss battles
>>
Hayter can't do really serious stuff anymore, Sutherland did really well, after I heard Snake talking in 5 I forgot all about Hayter
>>
>>344194403
I've enjoyed all 3 MGOs.
>>
>>344194723
as if you heard Kieffer talking in 5, what the fuck
>>
MGSV's story was a self-contained, inconsequential side-story that didn't affect anything meaningful. It was the best possible option available, because it meant there was no way we'd have a repeat of MGS4's insanely contrived attempts to link literally everything together.

It left the rest of the series alone, with the exception of the Big Boss body double detail, which actually worked in making Big Boss look like a seriously bad person. The only damage MGSV did was to itself.
>>
>>344194870
Oh right, I forgot you can literally never hear him
The little he did in 5 was better than all of Hayter
>>
>>344194870
>minimal dialogue is no dialogue
He doesn't talk much, but the little he does say is excellent.
>>
>>344192287
Yeah it sucks, but it's still awesome.
>>
File: ocelotsnake.png (847 KB, 1268x716) Image search: [Google]
ocelotsnake.png
847 KB, 1268x716
People like you are the reason MGS4 is intolerable cancer
I'm willing to bet you didn't give a shit about Metal Gear until trailers for V came out , otherwise youd remember the fanwank in 4 is universally despised
>>
>>344193826
If I had to choose between another MGS4 and V I'd definitely go with V. It may feel like an inconsequential spin-off but it's still a game and it's a lot more fun than MGS4 and even as shit and unfinished as the story V is it's not as shitty as 4.
>>
>>344195208
BLACK SITE
NICE

KEPTCHU WAITIN HUH?
>>
File: 1453897789202.jpg (47 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1453897789202.jpg
47 KB, 480x480
I liked silent BB, but im gonna miss the old Snake dialogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9XOSzVb0O0
>>
>>felt more like a continuation of Peace Walker rather than the fifth installment of the series eventhough nobody gives a shit about Peace Walker and it's shitty characters

Confirms my theory you started the franchise at V, people adore Kaz, Paz and Amanda and Cecile are both well liked. Also for years PW was most people's favorite MGS because of the army management, which is why MGSV plays so much like it.
>>
Literally fan fiction tier bad ideas.
Can you imagine what it would have been like to be around these faggots when mgs3 was released?

> WOW, I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A VR SIMULATION WHERE SOLID SNAKE WAS PLAYING AS BIG BOSS
> STILL NOT PLAYING AS SOLID SNAKE. AGAIN.
> no sniper wolf or gray fox even though it's on the past
> No saladin moment
> Don't see either snake or liquid as kids, just an end of text blurb
> trailers made it look like metal gear successfully deploys a nuke.
> FUCKING METAL GEARS IN THE 1960S MORE POWERFUL THAN REX
> lol James Bond theme, really kojima?
> could have added more gameplay to your 10 hour movie
> Fucking ape escape?
> big boss gets beat by a woman, kojima is a nu male, top cuck
> Ocelot was supposed to be some badass Russian cowboy, he's a fucking cat calling fag

Can't believe fanboys bitch about mgsv in nothing more than
> The game literally covered 98% of what was in the trailers, but ten seconds were fast cuts or not in the game so muh FAN THEORY would have been better
>>
Reminder. MGSV is literally worse than leisure suit larry box office bust
>>
>>344195347
>>344195643
Nigga what?
I've been playing MGS since 2002
What you said wasn't even an argument, it doesnt justify MGSV being a shitty game
>>
>>344195643
Woah. Let's not get carried away. I've played them all and I played 1 on release and I didn't love PW or really care about the characters. It was good but not great. Not him btw.
>>
File: 1464572785384.png (155 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464572785384.png
155 KB, 500x375
>>344195671
>10 seconds

You know that an entire chapter was cut out and that the majority of Chapter 2 was literally replaying old missions on higher difficulty, right?
>>
File: 1463183229346.jpg (62 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
1463183229346.jpg
62 KB, 421x421
>>344195671
Is /v/ always like this?
>>
>>344192287
I'll never understand the "nobody cares about Peace Walker" meme. I mean I get that it was originally on PSP, a handheld that not a ton of people had, but it did eventually get ported to PS3 with the HD collection, and it played quite well with a Dual Shock 3. I loved Peace Walker, it's easily the MGS game that I put the most time into, obviously due to the Monster Hunter style mission and equipment system. I was really excited for TPP to be a bigger Peace Walker, and while the gameplay, base building and weapon/item development definitely gave me that, the story was a huge disappointment.
>>
File: 34127591.jpg (4 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
34127591.jpg
4 KB, 299x168
>MGS1 ends with a MGRex fight, Solid vs. Liquid battle
>MGS2 ends with a katana fight against the president of the United States
>MGS3 ends with a fight against a true hero and the most influential person in the series, The Boss
>MGS4 ends with a fight against Liquid Ocelot and meeting Big Boss and Zero
>MGSV, the last game in 29 years old series ends with a copypasted tutorial mission and a mirror breaking cutscene

What the actual fuck. Anything would be better. Anything. Don't try saying "weeew people complained about MGS3 and MGS4 too, zelda cycle lol"

It's just fucking unimaginable, how can you end FUCKING METAL GEAR SERIES with a copypasted tutorial mission? No epic bossfight? Main theme? Monologue? What the fuck?
>>
>>344192287
>literally one, ONE boss battle that's nothing but a bullet sponge, in a series that's known for having the best boss battles in video game history
>regenerating health discourages stealth gameplay, you can easily mow down your pursuers or run away
>open world is a barren wasteland with nothing to do(yes it's a war zone, but there could be rebel camps or isolated villages)

I don't see how anyone could prefer V over 4
>>
>>344193025
You don't get a fucking free pass because your budget got fucked. You're the director, it's your job to make the game the best possible thing ever, not just give up and splurge on stupid shit we didn't need like AMAZING EMPTY GARBAGE OVERWORLD!

The fucking Xenowhatthefuckever series director doesn't get a free pass for always making half baked games so Kojima doesn't deserve one either.
>>
>>344196614
Sally, Quiet, Armor skulls, sniper skulls.

Octopus, Raven, mantis, Ray, Vamp, Wolf, Punchout.
>>
>>344195585
>using twin snakes instead of original
>>
>>344196587
Blame Konami, man. They're the ones who were pushing Kojima out the door before his game was finished. Battle Gear got cut, which most likely means a boss fight between Venom piloting Battle Gear vs. Liquid and Mantis piloting Sahelanthropus got cut.
>>
>>344195671
>Can you imagine what it would have been like to be around these faggots when mgs3 was released?

Imagine how MGS3 would look like if it was released now

>The Cobra Unit Soldier #1, #2, #3, #4 instead of The Fear, The Fury, The End, The Pain, all fought together
>flying mute kid with a gas mask instead of The Sorrow
>no codec calls, you get tapes instead
>no main theme in The Boss scene
>no music on the ladder
>game divided into episodes
>Naked Snake goes full mute
>instead of shooting The Boss at the end you shoot some random FOX soldier
>no cutscenes at all
>Eva goes mute
>Ocelot goes full normie
>no Ocelot showdown
>>
>>344197039
Don't even say shit like that. He could make it better in a fucking month. How much does it take to put some jokes/references/dialogue there and there? The only episode in which Venom isn't mute is the second one. Did he need 100 years to record/write dialogue for the rest?

Also how can you make something as cringy as the jeep scene?
>>
>>344196587
>MGS1 ends with a guided missile spam and a fistfight against a british fag
>MGS2 ends with a poorly controlled swordfight following a missing cutscene
>MGS3 ends with the player getting his ass handed to him by a woman
>MGS4 ends with a movie
>MGSV, the last game in 29 years old series ends with a brilliant, 4th wall breaking moment where one of the most charismatic characters of all time praises the player for being as good as himself, and shares his codename and his legend with him
>>
>>344197769
That's fairly standard for MGS to be honest. Snakes don't really engage with villians. Not sure BB says more than 5 words to Volgin all game. Snake doesn't talk to Liquid much etc etc. Then in contrast Raiden verbally engages with the villains constantly.
>>
I honestly feel bad for Konami. They were already considering the hardcore gaming industry to be a waste of resources and then Kojima comes along and blows all of their money on music rights and Hollywood actors instead of the actual game he was making.
>>
File: 1120.jpg (18 KB, 356x376) Image search: [Google]
1120.jpg
18 KB, 356x376
>>344198230
>brilliant, 4th wall breaking moment where one of the most charismatic characters of all time praises the player for being as good as himself, and shares his codename and his legend with him

>game's antagonist is a retard who literally worked as Big Boss' wet nurse, cleaned all the shit he left all over the place
>game literally shits on Big Boss, saying that he accomplished nothing on his own
>WOW YOU'RE BIG BOSS NOW
>>
>>344198912
Konami can burn in hell for what they've done Castlevania and Silent Hill, but people need to stop acting like Kojima is some sort of video game god who only creates master pieces.
MGSV was his fault.
>>
MGSV pissed me off so badly that once I 100% TPP I never wanted to go back to it again. Not even for MGO3.

Fuck man. The fan theories and speculation were more coherent and connected to everything that the actual fucking game was.

It just makes no sense man. Kojima had a perfect opportunity to bring everything full circle and close it all up, and he just takes a huge dook all over it all.
>>
>>344195079

The thing is though, that he doesn't need to close literally everything. Just the plot between BB and SS, as well as perhaps Kaz and why he detracted from BB, and Ocelot.

Instead he introduces more characters, has it turn out youre not BB, and it's all some fucking joke.
>>
File: c92.jpg (42 KB, 600x491) Image search: [Google]
c92.jpg
42 KB, 600x491
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel nuclear disarmament... And training child soldiers... even Mission 51... The hype I've lost... the content I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make Konami give back our content!
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.