[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys, thing is i bought several YS games at the steam sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Ys-1-2-Chronicles.jpg (405 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ys-1-2-Chronicles.jpg
405 KB, 1600x1200
So guys, thing is i bought several YS games at the steam sale

YS 1+2 Chronicles
YS Origins
YS THE OATH IN FELGHANIA

so i wanted to ask if anyone of you can recommend a specific order to play them since i would like to get a decent story experience
>>
Nope
>>
yeah. Ys 1+2, then Felghana, then Origin.
>>
File: chester.webm (3 MB, 640x399) Image search: [Google]
chester.webm
3 MB, 640x399
Also, play Origin & Felghana on Nightmare or at least Hard. Most fun that way.

1\2's gameplay ain't that fair or fun, so just go with normal. They're still worth a playthru tho.

Most meat is in Felghana & Origin
>>
thx ill give it a try
>>
File: 1340897363631.jpg (62 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1340897363631.jpg
62 KB, 400x400
>>344181413
sure. enjoy yourself mate
>>
>>344180296
1+2 have completely different gameplay than Felghana and Origins. I recommend starting with Felghana, it's pretty much self contained and easiest to get into. Origin is connected to Chronicles and Chronicles is awful starting point.
>>
File: 1434569823927.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1434569823927.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
>>344181703
>The literal FIRST GAME IN THE SERIES is an awful starting point
>>
>>344181171
How is 1 and 2 gameplay not fun? What a shithead
>>
>>344182260
I don't agree with him, but I can see why he says that.
The gameplay in 1+2 is different compared to the rest, and if you're just getting into the series, it might turn you off of the better games to follow.
Mind you, if you don't like it at all, there's a chance you won't like any of it, and story wise its always best to start at the first game and keep going, but I can least see why he'd suggest it.
>>
I love Napishtim for its music and story, but I can see how some people can get turnt off by its less refined gameplay
>>
>>344182453
Not fun as later games tho
>>
>>344183598
Which is why you play it before oath and Origins
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.