[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to play this for the first time, anything I should know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: Dude sex.jpg (74 KB, 467x599) Image search: [Google]
Dude sex.jpg
74 KB, 467x599
About to play this for the first time, anything I should know? essential mods? unofficial patches?
>>
Heinki pls go
>>
>>344161313
who?
>>
Don't spill the drink.
There's bombs.

Also you should maybe get a job.
>>
>>344161418
so I bought the GOTY version of this game during steam sale, is it good off the bat? I don't need to patch it or anything?
>>
I think you need a mod to get proper modern widescreen resolutions
>>
>>344161247
put all points into swimming
haha xD
>>
>>344161247
>use Kentie's launcher
>use Direct3D 10 rendered
>use HDTP

Then decide if you want to play it the way people played it in the 90s, or in a better way with actual mods
>>
>>344161934
But you need swimming.
>>
>>344162193
Thanks! I always tried to stay as close as I can to the vanilla experience, that being said the less bugs the better.
>>
>>344161247
Play vanilla your first run. Runs totally fine on modern rigs, but I would bump up the FOV at least.
>>
PLAY IT WITHOUT MODS FOR THE FIRST TIME OMG
BUGS ARE FEATURES
DON'T BE SUCH A CASUAL FAGGOT
>>
>>344162382
are there any game breaking bugs? these games, especially ones sold on steam, tend to have a few.
>>
>>344161629
dx10 upgrade and kentie's launcher with otp fixes should be fine
>>
>>344161247
GMDX is really good but I'm not sure if I'd recommend it for first time players because of a revamped skill system and altered mechanics. You should probably get it and disable mantling in your settings along with hit markers.
>>
>>344162193
don't use hdtp it's shit
>>
>>344162346
If you don't want to change gameplay or level design, then simply use New Vision.
Deus Ex was a masterpiece but it's fucking ugly, at least make it a little more HD
>>
>>344162680
It's great if you disable JC model.
>>
>>344162763
graphics don't really bother me, but bugs do
>>
>>344162494
>play the worst version of it the first time
I'll never get this logic
>>
>>344162915
Casual summer newfag
Git gud
>>
>>344161247
I bought hr because people told me that one aged like shit. And i am not disapointed, if you dislike that one go for hr, its very good, you wont regret.
>>
>>344163294
already played it and finished it, people seem to say that the original is still the best so I'm trying it out.
>>
Let no one tell you how to play the game.
>>
File: Immagine1.png (4 MB, 1500x1352) Image search: [Google]
Immagine1.png
4 MB, 1500x1352
>>344162870
>graphics don't really bother me
If you say so.
>>
>>344163020
>got gud
Mods also make the game more difficult, smartass
>>
>>344163413
Check out GMDX for the definitive Deus Ex experience without losing the feel of the original.
>>
>>344163521
I mean I recently finished fallout 1,
>>
>>344162507
The only bug that I know if is that a vendor will overprice his items no matter what, even if you save his friend like he asks.
>>
>>344163638
Fallout 1 was a pretty high budget game with good graphics for the time.
>>
>>344163521
Still love the Unreal engine.
>>
>>344163638
I did too when you could get it (plus 2 and Tactics) for free on GoG

The difference is, Fallout 1 was nice to look at.
Deus Ex... well...
>>
>>344161247
Play vanilla
Shooting stuff is based more on your skill level than your aim
Take the GEP gun, the other stuff is available in the field
Always explore
If you can think of a way to do something, you probably can
There is always another way (or three)
When the time comes, don't go out the window.
>>
>>344163889
is it really that bad? recently I've been playing through some old games and most of them didn't age that well but the atmosphere is still pretty good.
>>
>>344164152
Deus Ex looks fine. The aesthetic is nicer to me than HR or IW
>>
>>344162870

It'll help you appreciate the better versions more.
>>
>>344164152
Don't expect the same atmosphere HR brought you into. Music is helping a lot, but graphics weren't that good at the time, now they're awful.
>The levels are ugly, and everyone looks the same
>>
>>344161247
its outdated shit, dont play it
>>
>>344164596
eating shit will help you appreciate proper food
(fact)
>>
Stick with the prod. Remember. Youre police
>>
>>344161247
>About to play this for the first time, anything I should know?
Nothing comes to mind, I guess specialize your skills, because you are not going to learn all of them.
>essential mods?
None, unless you want better graphics
>unofficial patches?
None
>>
Actually just one thing comes to mind in terms of patches.
http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/
It's just a general improvement on the renderer and works on all UE1 games.
>>
>>344162193
>HDTP
Do not listen to these retards

Vanilla is fine
>>
>>344161247
Do whatever you think is best, but always remember that the game is an RPG with shooter elements and not the other way around. Meaning that you can't use guns very well if you're not trained in them.

Explore a fuckload, take the GEP gun and always look for alternate passageways.
>>
>>344161247
Jojo talks big.
Illuminati confirmed.
Gunther wanted orange.
Shannon will report that.
Morpheus was made to assist you.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
JC Denton was never properly trained to operate a Universal Constructor.
A non-lethal takedown is always the most silent way to eliminate resistance.
>>
>>344164103
This

Also, search around the helicopter for suspicious persons before you leave Hong Kong
>>
The first few missions feel dull. It feels like a shooter where shooting is impossible and sneaking is poor.

However once you get 5 hours in the game really comes to its own
>>
>>344161247
The game is very overrated, so don't expect it to be the literal "best game evah XD"
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.