[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As someone who is new to stealth games in general and only has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Metal-Gear-5-Covers.png (84 KB, 568x314) Image search: [Google]
Metal-Gear-5-Covers.png
84 KB, 568x314
As someone who is new to stealth games in general and only has some knowledge of the general story would it be a bad idea to buy these games?

I usually play RPGs and wanted a change of pace gameplay-wise, This would also be my first MGS game
>>
Play MGS3 first, then 1, then 2 and then pretend the other games never happened

You can play MGSV but it's so boring, the graphics are the only great thing about it
>>
As a fan of the series, the story overall is a mess and the notion of a comprehensive story can be ignored. You might miss some details but it really won't make any difference.
>>
>>344149907
Release order is best.
>>
>>344149907
unfortunately I dont have a PS2 anymore
>>344150117
Thanks, Ground Zeros first then?
>>
MGSV has the best gameplay in the series, it's worth a shot even if the story was a letdown for some people

but also it's very different in that its more open ended, while the other games are paced mainly around their story
>>
>>344149737
If you can get Ground Zeroes for ~$10, it's a great chance to see if you would enjoy the gameplay. The Phantom Pain is basically the same thing stretched out to up to 100 hours, but for me got stale around the halfway point.

Like other anons are saying though, MGS 1, 2 and 3 are superior.
>>
>>344150363
MGS2 and 3 are available in the HD collection on PS3 and 360, and MGS1 is emulatable on literally anything with a processor.
>>
>>344150363
Get it on PS3 or 360
>>
splinter cell blacklist is a really good stealth game and can be had for cheap.
>>
>>344149737
get MGSV
the game is great and have, by far, the best gameplay in the series, also is one of the tops in the genre
also the story isn't bad, its way better than mgs4, don't mind the assburguers on /v/
>>
File: The Order to play MGS games.jpg (2 MB, 2398x3442) Image search: [Google]
The Order to play MGS games.jpg
2 MB, 2398x3442
>>344149737
>would it be a bad idea to buy these games?
Yes.

You really, REALLY need to play the MGS series in the RELEASE ORDER. Every game continues and expands this one huge, overarching plot, and they all make references (and jokes) to past titles and some common gameplay features.

Start by emulating MGS1. That should help you decide if the series is for you. Plus it's the literal corner stone of the whole MGS saga.

If you got PS3, get the MGS Legacy Collection, which has ALL the games released before MGSV.
>>
The stealth in MGSV = babby's first. Don't buy it if you reallu want to experience the genere.

Once you get the dog, you have to be retarded to get spotted. Stealthing actually gets old real fast because it's so easy, so I preffered going loud at every chance.
>>
>>344150605
>also the story isn't bad, its way better than mgs4
opinion fucking discarderd.

Also controls =/= gameplay. The gameplay gets more and more tedious towards the end.

>>344150363
Ignore that faggot. The story is FAR from a mess, it just is spread throughout the entire series. I really would recommend against starting with MGS5; for starters, it's literally not a finished game, and second, it suffers of that "middle man" problem, being a direct sequel to many games, but not really concluding jack shit.

MGS:PW was a FAR better "MGS5" title.
>>
>>344150605
i see now why they force diversity at american schools. if you cant be racist in one way you will be racist in another way toward another group minorities.
white males are truly disgusting and the privilege isnt just a meme
>>
>>344150605
>also the story isn't bad

It's literally irrelevant to the canon, nothing that happens in MGSV matters.
>>
>>344149737
instead of wasting money and time on a literally broken, unfinished game that nobody really likes, you could just play MGS1-3 and live happily ever after. Continue with 4 and PW if you still grave for more, and then forget the series altogether.
>>
>>344150516
>>344150501

Thanks for the heads up. Will buy the ps3 collection first. Dont want to sound like a pleb but is MGS1 and 2 Really worth playing in this day and age for the gameplay?
>>
>>344151218
>>344151218
>is MGS1 and 2 Really worth playing in this day and age for the gameplay?

Yes, you thundering faggot.
>>
>>344151321
I just mean considering I dont even know if i'll like stealth games atm is starting at a PS1 game the best idea
>>
>>344151521
>Yes, you thundering faggot.
>>
>>344151156
>literally broken
Explain
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.