[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
What are your thoughts on this game?
>>
>>344148260
Trash
>>
>>344148260
My favorite Zelda game
>>
It's okay.
>>
I haven't played TP or SS longer than a few hours because they're boring
>>
Average.

I had no problems with the controls, i just found the game very boring.
>>
Fun but flawed.

Of course this means it's 100% pure shit on the internet.
>>
*The motion controls responded very well but how they were implemented was horrible, the simon says minigame that was every battle got old
*Why they had to change the aiming that TP Wii had, IR pointer was much better than the gyroscope
*Stop reminding me every time that I pick up an item what it is
*Amazing boss fights
*Good dungeons
*Very linear overworld
*The sky was incredibly empty
*Fi is the worst Zelda companion
*Too many stupid dowsing missions, going through the boring overworld to be able to play the next dungeon was a chore
*Replaying through the same areas was boring
*Great Final Boss fight

I started playing Spirit Tracks and Ghost Trick while I was halfway through SS and finished both games before I returned. In the end *it wasn't much better than Wind Waker
>>
Worst 3D Zelda, and a bad game.
>>
File: Mai waifu zeruda.png (407 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
Mai waifu zeruda.png
407 KB, 640x359
Bland and forgettable.

Too few environments that make for tiring visuals. The whole game is desert, lava and forest, with each landscape going on forever.

The music is very bad too, excepting the main theme and a few minor themes here and there, it's a lot worse than previous Zelda games.

The gameplay is just right, but it is ruined by wii motion controls. The controls itself work fine, but
>motion controls

The art style is nice because the impressionist vibe it has. But the designs are so shitty, like the worst designs of any zelda to this day.
All the bosses look like cartoony Digimons.
And all the characters, excepting Link and Zelda were too goofy, or weird, or ugly.

Sold my wii after the game came out.
>>
>>344148260
I liked it enough. Music's good. Needed more of it in Smash 4.
>>
>>344148961
All of this.
Also maybe more of an autistic complaint but compared to most other Zelda's it didn't really feel like an adventure. The world was really small and linear and you only had that one hub you always returned to, which was pretty small and empty itself.
>>
>>344148260
Annoying. Having to go back to Skyloft after every mission is tedious. Plus controlling the loftwing with wii motion was bullshit
>>
>>344148260
I have none, because it's fucking impossible to play if you're a lefty

from what I did play, the combat was more limited than the swordfighting in Wii Sports Resort, which was really disappointing
>>
Never played it so I can say without a doubt it's shit
>>
>>344148961
>great final boss fight

Are you kidding, it was terrible. And the motion controls only made it worse.

Also, fighting the Big black thing 3 times was lame as fuck. And that god awful starting tutorial too.

The game was very dull, and a lot of boss fights were lame. The only good one was the one in the Ancient Cistern. The rest were trash. Same for dungeons, they were very hit or miss. And retreading old areas was also lame.

FUCK SS was awful dude.

It, Spirit Tracks, and Phantom Hourglass are easily the worst games in the franchise. I'd advice everyone to skip them and play the better games in the franchise.
>>
Ni un llobri
>>
It's a beautiful game with great music.

It actively enrages me to actually play it though.

Too many counter-intuitive gameplay elements battle for my attention and the writing is some of the worst in Zelda history.
>>
>>344149317
How's that? I don't think I'd have problems playing with the wiimote in my left hand. Might need a while to get used to it but certainly not impossible.
>>
>>344149317
>fucking impossible to play if you're a lefty

How are the things you have to do any fucking different from if you were right-handed though?
>>
It's the Other M of Zelda.

Trash
>>
>>344148260

Masterpiece (with only two slight flaws). Replaying it right now.
>>
>Fi is boring
>No hyrule to explore
>Not enough dungeons
>Mahito Yokota didn't top his music in Mario Galaxy because he didn't do all the music
>Severe lack of enemy varieties
>The Imprisoned has silly looking jellybean toes :|
>Story momentum and tension falls apart after the cistern level and the fantastic boss
>Monsters Inc squid boss and other goofy looking bosses
>Akuma as final boss

It had lots of potential, another year of development and it could have been turned into the best zelda
>>
If it didn't have lame ass motion control it would be a top tier Zelda title.
>>
>>344149704
You say that as if the game doesn't have problems much much bigger than the motion controls.
>>
>>344149704
>>344149951
The motion controls are actually one of the better parts
>>
>>344148296
>>344148624
>>344149228
>>344149660
>>344149704
>babies first Zelda game

Go play A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and the Oracle games, and the shut the fuck up, because what you're saying couldn't be further from the truth.

SS isn't even an echo of what Zelda was at its peak. It's catastrophic drop in quality from what these games used to bring to the industry.
>>
File: Pirate2Ready.jpg (21 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Pirate2Ready.jpg
21 KB, 620x350
>>344150624

I've played OOT 11 times, Majora's Mask 5 times, WW 7 times, TP 9 times, and so far SS 5 times.

OOT > SS > TP > MM > WW.
>>
Good but wii motion plus sucks
>>
>>344148260

Honestly I liked the dungeon design and Groose, but the games pacing, motion controls, and that one terrrible boss you're forced to fight multiple times killed it for me
>>
>>344151180
Then you have shit taste man (or you're lying)

Play LttP, LA, and the Oracle games.

It's

OOT=MM>TP>WW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS

Always will be.
>>
Worst 3D Zelda, but still an awesome game.
Everything Lanayru desert is 11/10.
>>
>>344151463

>Claiming TP was anything better than the shit tickets its named after

laffo, okay there bud.

I've never played SS but I'm still confident it's better than TP -- that's how shit TP is.
>>
>>344151180
You really are the scum of the earth.
>>
File: Zelda_Skyward_Sword_.jpg (300 KB, 813x457) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_Skyward_Sword_.jpg
300 KB, 813x457
>>344151463
>Then you have shit taste man (or you're lying)

Typical idiot. meh
>>
I like all the zeldas
>>
>>344151665

Why? Because WW is clearly the weakest game? (KEEP IN FUCKING MIND THAT ALL THESE GAMES ARE EXCEPTIONAL). WW is not even close to SS in overall gameplay, design, music, replayability and scale.
>>
>>344151782

Me too. But some are clearly better than others.
>>
>>344151639
TP is better than WW.

It had better dungeon design, the entire middle of the game, after the Water Temple is great. It also had a lot of really fun hype moments, like the Electromagnets for Iron Boots, the double clawshot dungeon, the battles on the Bridge and shit, etc..

TP is flawed, very much so, but it's overall more solid than WW. It's got more and better dungeons. The combat is better, but the AI is trash. And the puzzles aren't as braindead as WW. Also, Hyrule was more fun on horseback than the great sea on boat.

>SS is better than TP

No, it's not. Not at all. Go play SS and find out for yourself. Literally everything bad about TP is present in SS, plus a lot lot more.

That's not saying TP can compare to OoT or MM. It COULD, but it would need many changes, like better wolf mechanics. more difficult AI, less linearity, removing Ganon from the story, etc... But as it is, like the rest of the Post 64 Zeldas. it suffers from a drop in quality and streamlining.

Like i said, the peak is LttP, LA, OoT, MM, and the Oracle games. Everything else is just OK. With SS, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks being fucking trash.

Top tier:
>LttP
>LA
>OoT
>MM
>Oracle of Seasons/Ages

Decent:
>LoZ
>AoL
>WW
>TP
>MC

Trash:
>PH
>ST
>SS

Spinoffs like the FS games, and TH don't count. I haven't played LBW.
>>
>>344151180
No, you haven't.

Just... no.
>>
>>344151758
SS is trash. If you like it, then it's obvious you've not played and appreciated the better Zeldas. There's no way you've played OoT 11 times and still think SS is any good. Also, play the 2D ones, since design-wise, OoT follows in the footsteps of LA.

Likewise, it's hard to believe someone has wasted so many hours playing the 3D Zeldas that many times. I can believe playing your favorite one like 10 times, but all of them that many times. You're either full of shit, or genuinely autistic, and in either case, your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>344148260
Cool game hampered by an unfortunate control scheme and too many "prove you are the hero" fetch/collectathon quests. 1/3 of the game could have been removed and the game would be significantly better for it.
>>
>>344152163
>TP is better than WW.

Yes.

>TP is better than SS

Fuck no. HELL NO. The only thing TP has over SS was Midna was a better partner than Fi. That's it.
>>
>>344152446

OOT is still better than SS, but SS is second best. (Never played the handheld Zeldas)
>>
>>344148260
Cutest Zelda
Worst over world
Worst controls
Nice art style
Worst companion
Companion had the best legs
Worst final boss
Worst repeating boss fight

Overall, mediocre, which is pretty bad for a Zelda game.
>>
>>344152446
>Likewise, it's hard to believe someone has wasted so many hours playing the 3D Zeldas that many times.

Dude, these games have great replay value, they are not press a button to win or cinematic garbage. However Pikmin has an even higher replayability. I've played Pikmin 2 and 3 over 20 times and still haven gotten bored with them. These are terribly under-rated games.
>>
>>344152670
SS is trash dude, and the worst Zelda by far. Quit rationalizing shit for the sake of being a contrarian. It's nearly unanimously agreed up that SS is the worst 3D Zelda to date.

BotW would have to fuck up REALLY hard to be worse than it.

Designwise TP is aeons ahead of SS. Better environments, better dungeons, better story, better characters, more difficult, less tutorials and hand-holding, legit difficult puzzles, post game content, Hyrule has more hidden shit than Skyloft, more shit to do in Hyrule as well, better bosses, better combat due to the lack of motion controls, plus all the extra finishing moves, no dowsing, no rehashed areas, the dumb tear quests is only in the beginning, whereas SS does it in a more tedious way, no having to fight the same boss 3 times, the fact that you can cut grass while running, etc...

I could go on.
>>
>>344152776
SS is not the second best. Shut the fuck up you stupid contrarian faggot. The fact that you're putting it above MM is rage inducing. Fucking kill yourself.

>>344152948
I've played SS once, and I'm never gonna play it ever again. LIterally had to force myself to finish it. The rest of the Zelda's I've played like 3x each. His numbers are either bullshit or autistic.

I can't fathom the sort of autist that would play SS 5x. That's like playing Other M 5x.

>Zelda is underrated.
No
Unless you mean Pikmin, to which I say, I never liked it. I always preferred real RTS games like Command and Conquer, Dune, and Starcraft.
>>
>>344153049
>Designwise TP is aeons ahead of SS. Better environments, better dungeons, better story, better characters, more difficult, less tutorials and hand-holding, legit difficult puzzles, post game content, Hyrule has more hidden shit than Skyloft, more shit to do in Hyrule as well, better bosses, better combat due to the lack of motion controls, plus all the extra finishing moves, no dowsing, no rehashed areas, the dumb tear quests is only in the beginning, whereas SS does it in a more tedious way, no having to fight the same boss 3 times, the fact that you can cut grass while running, etc...

Dude, relax. We just have different opinions. No way you are going to convince me TP is better than SS. Not gonna happen. I enjoyed SS way more than TP.
>>
>>344153049
>SS is trash dude, and the worst Zelda by far.
Says an Anon who couldn't figure out the controls. Game was fun as all fuck.
>>
>>344153264
Then you just have shit taste man. NeoNintendo fans...

>>344153267
Quit inferreing, I never said I couldn't figure out the controls.

Turning the combat into Simon says to compensate for a gimmick no one wanted isn't good game design. Even Aonuma admitted this. Neither is having to stop playing every 3 hours to recharge your WiiMote. Gyro aiming was also massively inferior to the IR pointer.
>>
>>344148260

The overworld was the most pointless location in Zelda history.

Motion controls worked well enough, and their use in items were great, but when you're using your sword, every fight boils down to "wait for the enemy to open themselves up in a certain direction, then slash in that direction", which cheapened the gimmick.

Characters sucked. There wasn't enough of them, and 90% of the ones they had were in one small town, with very little to connect you to them. In Twilight Princess, you were invested in your home town because you were saving the children. Skyward Sword really only had Groose and Zelda's father as important side-characters.
>>
It controls well
The motion controls are shoehorned into every possible mechanic and it's just tiring and repetitive to use.
>>
>>344148260
>shit level design
>4 first dungeons are linear and short as fuck
>shit main quests that repeat themselves and the shitty world
>boring sidequests
>shit controls
>shit combat but props for trying to improve
>if you try to explore the world yourself you just find a treasurechest you can't open because FUCK YOU
By far theWorst Zelda game ever, and I've played them all besides Four Swords and CD-i
>>
File: skywardsword.png (93 KB, 1216x1087) Image search: [Google]
skywardsword.png
93 KB, 1216x1087
Fuck Skyward Sword
>>
I loved it, motion controls worked really well but they could became boring if you played a lot in one session, the overworld was frustratingly empty which was a waste since I liked to fly, don't know why you couldn't fly during night, could've been supercool, desert was amazing, art style was fantastic, story was kinda OK.
I liked it and I'm over 30, there are people who genuinely enjoyed it and you could do nothing about but cry.
>>
It's the a good Zelda game with great visuals and amazing motion controls.

It's my favorite Zelda.
>>
>>344148260

it's awful

I bought the bundle with the dedicated controller and the controls were still broken
>>
File: 1467227475174.png (258 KB, 451x507) Image search: [Google]
1467227475174.png
258 KB, 451x507
>>344156374
>batteries running low

Thanks for triggering me
>>
>>344151463
>OOT=MM>TP>WW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SS

FINALLY someone on this shitty site nails it.

I thought it was all WW babbies on the internet now and all taste was lost.
>>
>>344148260
I just replayed it last week on Hero Mode and enjoyed the fuck out of it (except for boss rush with lightning dragon, for a fucking Hylian shield, that I didn't even fucking need! screw you, inner completionist). Motion controls work for me almost flawlessly and I don't think it deserves the hate it gets.
>>
It's great. Best 3D zelda. My third favourite zelda over all.
>>
>>344148260
Almost ruined the Zelda franchise
>>
File: 9595998.jpg (313 KB, 1057x808) Image search: [Google]
9595998.jpg
313 KB, 1057x808
>>344149374
>Spirit Tracks

Spirit Tracks is the best handheld Zelda.
>>
>>344159353
Except a game with less dungeons and worse gameplay than OoT is not somehow equal to OoT
>>
7/10 game with great dungeons and controls that could have very well been a 9/10 if it had greater enemy variation and world exploration.
>>
>>344162923
While I agree with you, MM is really frickin amazing. I've played it maybe even more times than OoT. The thing with MM is that all of the characters are unforgetable, it has much more story than OoT and gamplay wise is much more variable (race masks). But still, I think OoT is better game for it's epicosity.
>>
>people actually count those shitty handheld games as proper Zelda games
Why? They all are just clones of ALTTP and are simple as fuck.
>>
>>344152446
It sounds like he probably just replays them once a year to me.
>>
>>344148260
great game. I should replay it one of these days.

lanayru sand sea is one of my all time favourite areas in zelda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weT8_6nqaCE
>>
WW > TP >> MM >>>> OOT >>>>>>>>> SS
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.