[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to japanese 3D action games? Seems like everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: onimusha_1.jpg (52 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
onimusha_1.jpg
52 KB, 500x365
What happened to japanese 3D action games? Seems like everything is a shitty musou or made by Platinum now.
>>
>>344129642
>Shit talks platinum and musou
>Posts worst onimusha

Anon I....
>>
File: image.jpg (352 KB, 1200x1547) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352 KB, 1200x1547
Fuck you OP, Onimusha would work great as a fast paced action game but nothing beats the original.

Can't wait for Ni-Oh.
>>
>Ninja Gaiden 2 and DMC4 came out ~8 years ago

Other than Bayonetta, has there been anything worthwhile since then?
>>
NI
FUCKING
OH
>>
They stopped selling. The West took over the video game market and that style of game has mostly fallen out of favor now unfortunately. That style of game is way more niche nowadays and since video games are that much more expensive to develop, a lot of publishers and devs don't want to put in that much time and money into such a project because the returns probably wouldn't exceed the cost of development.

>>344129798
Well he clearly shit-talked Musou but I'm hoping he was just referring to the fact that Platinum seems to be the only AAA Japanese studio really making straight up action games these days. And even then, it's been a year and a half since Bayonetta 2, their last major action game.
>>
>>344129798
1 > 3 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DoD
>>
>>344129947
>>344130052
>tfw don't have a PS4 atm
>missed out on the Ni-Oh demos
Fuck me, it looks legitimately amazing too.

>>344129959
>Other than Bayonetta, has there been anything worthwhile since then?
Wonderful 101, Metal Gear Rising. I think that's about it in terms of cuhrayzee.

Also DMC4:SE.
>>
Nier Automata will literally be GOTYAY
>>
File: _ripley-powerloader2.jpg (31 KB, 261x284) Image search: [Google]
_ripley-powerloader2.jpg
31 KB, 261x284
>>344129947
I'm almost aroused by that.

Almost.
>>
Haven't you gotten the memo OP? "Old God of War gameplay" is soooo 2005.

Walking and talking to your son, now THAT'S proper action gameplay!
>>
>>344129798
Nah, I like Platinum a lot. Musou is a genre I'm simply unable to enjoy though, and I'm still butthurt about the new Berserk and Fate games.
>>
>>344130307
To be fair, while I'm really looking forward to it, it's also going to be an RPG so it's not really a pure action game. That said, it's the closest thing to a new, 'real' Platinum Games release since Bayonetta 2, so that's good.
>>
>>344130446
I'm so fucking tired of walking down scenic linear hallways while scripted bullshit is thrown at me. I honestly never thought God of War would go down that path. Trends in gaming are so fucking fickle.
>>
>>344130446
>God of War
>Japanese
Ok.
>>
>>344130957
Blame sony.
>>
>>344130462
there's gonna be a fate musuo??
>>
>>344129642
Japanese market completely collapsed. Cost of game development is huge and gamers refuse to accept the idea that games don't have to have cutting edge graphics, online multiplayer, and a 20 hour story to be worth playing.
>>
>>344131193
>Cost of game development is huge and gamers refuse to accept the idea that games don't have to have cutting edge graphics, online multiplayer, and a 20 hour story to be worth playing.
Not to mention open-world if single-player, with crafting mechanics, RPG elements, and shootan gameplay.
>>
>>344131000
God of War was heavily influenced by Devil May Cry, God of War is also the biggest franchise in this genre.

I never gave a shit about God of War, but its success has a ripple effect on games around it. Kamiya even said GoW was a large insperation for him. What kind of message do you think Japanese devs get when the new GoW has 10 million views on YouTube and people are calling it the game of the show?
>>
>>344131564
>God of War was heavily influenced by Devil May Cry, God of War is also the biggest franchise in this genre.
God of War is also remarkably more simple and more shallow than DMC, NG, or Bayonetta. It's also not quite in the same genre as those either.

>Kamiya even said GoW was a large insperation for him.
I don't know why he and every other Japanese dev rides its dick. I appreciate the influence the game has had, since it has lead to the over-the-top madness and huge boss fights in Bayonetta and the Wonderful 101, plus some elements in Ninja Gaiden 2, but I don't care for it in the least otherwise.

>What kind of message do you think Japanese devs get when the new GoW has 10 million views on YouTube and people are calling it the game of the show?
A negative message. Also lots of people are pissed about it anyway.
>>
>>344131106
Fate/Extella
>>
>>344132334
eh that looked pretty bad, i hope the berserk one doesn't have THAT many enemies, cause it just looks retarded
>>
>Nier Automata
>Ni-oh
>From Software's new IP

2017 will be a good year
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.