[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just can't get over of how perfect this game is. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
I just can't get over of how perfect this game is. It's by far so much better tan Ocarina of Time. I don't know, i can't stop playing it even if it's just to dick around the map or playing the songs, or using the masks, i really love this game.
>>
Me too.

I kind of want the 3DS remake just as an excuse to play it more, even if it's not as good
>>
Yeah I really love looping over and over and over

Wait I actually hate that a fucking lot

The game's main gimmick is so ungodly tedious
>>
>>344128653

The changes made to the bosses make it definitively better.

>>344128462
Its a great example of what you can do with a great established IP if you experiment a little. Though the game has plenty of flaws and I honestly think OOT is objectively better, I'm hard pressed to replay OoT while I can pick this one up literally whenever.
>>
I should really pick up the 3DS remake.
>>
>>344128462
Just in the middle of playing it myself. Was saving the ranch and the part where Cremia admits she knows it isnt actually safe on the final day is heartbreaking. The whole world is so comfy.
>>
>The 3DS version is shit. People can't have an opinion there

Go fuck yourself with a rusted rake you crybaby.
>>
>>344129230
It isn't fucking comfy.
>>
File: 1452050329211.png (242 KB, 486x573) Image search: [Google]
1452050329211.png
242 KB, 486x573
>>344129230
>The whole world is so comfy.
no
>>
>After nightfall, both Cremia and Romani will be in the barn, milking a Cow like on the Second Day. Cremia tells Romani that she considers her to be an adult, and is allowing her to drink Chateau Romani; it is also likely that Cremia is going to make her a Mask.[13] This scene can be difficult to witness if the Kafei-Anju quest is underway, as Sakon will already be making his way to his Hideout, and borders on impossible without the "Inverted Song of Time" or the "Song of Soaring". If that sidequest is not being executed, Link will see Anju crying on the second floor of the house because she wanted to stay in Clock Town to wait for Kafei.
>borders on impossible
>>
>>344129496
>>344129896
It is comfy though. Something about the NPCs who have schedules and live their own lives, plus the sense of danger but always having the safety net of turning back time, makes it comfy
>>
OP here, the other part I love is the overworld. What do you guys think?
>>
>>344131173
Fuck off, faggot, real OP here.
>>
>>344131173
Better overworld than OoT's.

More content packed into a tighter space, many more secrets to find, much more interesting overworld overall.
>>
>>344129496
>>344129896
Besides the feeling of impending doom I thought the town and ranch was comfy.
>>
game of my childhood.

I spent literal days following all the NPCs around during the 3 days.
The world felt alive and everything was just right.
This zelda still needs to be topped.
>>
>>344131292
Yeah I agree.
>>344131281
WTF?
>>
File: 111 (7).jpg (114 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
111 (7).jpg
114 KB, 579x570
>4 or 5 years old
>Able to beat Ocarina of time
>Was my absolute favorite game
>Had Majoras mask but it was always too difficult
>Never knew what to do
>turn 6
>First day of first grade
>After school start playing majoras mask
>Make it to the first temple
>I've been playing this game for years and this is the first time I made it to a temple, which is a point of familiarity between MM and OOT
>run out of my room and run around the living room like a lunatic
>Mom is like wtf are you doing

I will never forget this no matter how old I get
>>
>>344128868
>and I honestly think OOT is objectively better
>think objectively
so subjectively
>>
File: cynical WW link.jpg (67 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
cynical WW link.jpg
67 KB, 368x368
>>344132304
>tfw MM was never apart of my childhood
>wanted it desperately as a kid since I was in love and obsessed with OoT
>never got to play it because I was a poorfag and my brother said it "sucked" anyway
>didn't get to play it until I was an adult and I downloaded it on the Wii
>fucking loved it but that regretful as fuck feel when you just KNOW you would've loved the shit out of it if you had gotten to play it as a kid
>>
>>344131173
Hyrule Field>Termina Field, but almost all the individual locations are much better in MM.
>>
>>344132304
>be lil' kiddo
>played OoT first
>godsent game, literally human's best invention at this point
>loved it to death and completed it so many times
>suddenly christmas
>get MM
>at first kinda put off by the time mechanic
>as I got used to it, I realised that MM is even better than OoT
>never went back again
>>
>>344132763
OP here, I love MM but it's always worth going back to OoT
>>
>>344132650
Shame you grew up with the objective worst game, Wind Waker.
>>
>>344132686
>Hyrule Field>Termina Field
Fuck no. Termina Field was a thousand times better than OoT and I'm the biggest OoT fanboy you'll ever meet. As much as I love Hyrule Field, Termina had a way better constructed overworld with plenty of actual secrets and stuff to find. Some actual variety in the landscape too.

Hyrule Field's emptiness can be forgiven in that it was Nintendo's first real attempt at making a big, huge, sprawling 3D environment like that and the sense of adventure you get when you first run out into the open like that is amazing. But there's still a whole lot of nothing out there in that field.
>>
File: 1464524701002.jpg (34 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1464524701002.jpg
34 KB, 400x300
I don't even remember how many cycles I played without progressing in the game at all. I didn't care. It was so great to just run around in it.
>>
>>344128868
You mean the eyeball or whatever? I haven't played it so I don't know exactly.

I really hope you don't mean that.
>>
>>344133041
...how the FUCK did you know?

Also fuck you, WW was amazing.
>>
File: brother.gif (2 MB, 294x232) Image search: [Google]
brother.gif
2 MB, 294x232
>>344132650
>always interested in MM since it first came out
>couldn't get it on N64 because I was a dumbshit and was intimidated by/unable to afford the expansion pack
>play it on the GC disk, emulator, and Wii VC over the years but never finish it for one reason or another
>around 2012 finally decide to just sit down and burn through it
>spend a week nonstop playing it, get all the masks, and finally beat it
>while the credits are rolling, literally put the controller down, sit back and think "That was one of the best games I've ever played in my life."
>mfw completely satisfied with it but also deeply sad that my decade long journey is finally over
>>
>>344133398
Oh shit dude.

>tfw actually rented it on the N64 (I lied)
>only got to about the first dungeon but never could get very far because I couldn't save due to lack of expansion pack
>downloaded it on the Wii years later
>tfw beat the Stone Tower Temple and then just stopped playing right there for whatever reason
>still haven't finished it

I should go back to it, especially since BotW is right around the corner.
>>
>/v/ 2010
>could have 400 post threads discussing the meaning, themes and storytelling of MM, even if it is shallow and not as deep
>people regard it as better than OoT for the story and greater subtlety of various other subjects it gets right
>/v/ 2016
>if you mention MM as your favourite you instantly get called a hipster
>>
>>344134061

People were getting hipster back in 2010, hell, there was that whole "Grimddark hipster bullshit" crap that cropped up, along with the "FF9 bully FF8 fans" threads
>>
>>344133645
>I couldn't save due to lack of expansion pack

You lie, the game won't even boot without the expansion pak.
>>
>the villagers are actually sad when you save them from certain death
WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME FEEL THIS WAY?!
>>
YEAH I LOVE SHIT DUNGEONS, TEDIOUS GAME DESIGN, CRAP BOSSFIGHTS AND A COOL TRANSFORMATION SYSTEM WASTED ON TERRIBLE LEVEL DESIGN
>>
The pacing was pretty bad, the beginning is horrible, and a lot of the quests and tasks you have to accomplish are just tedious, and the Great Bay Temple makes OoT's Water Temple seem fun by comparison.

Literally everything else is perfect, though.
>>
>>344135948

>CAPSLOCK, FUCK YEA

Kill yourself, kid.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.