[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question for a newcomer to the series. Is fallout 4 a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Z.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
Quick question for a newcomer to the series.

Is fallout 4 a follow up of fallout new vegas? Like lore wise. And also im looking to get fallout new vegas first. Will it be hard to catch up to the story?
>>
1, 2 and New Vegas are in the same sort of storyline and 3 and 4 have their own.

Also, don't bother with 4. It's a meme to hate it, sure, but it's really not great.

If you're going to anyway, start with 4. Better to experience improvements when you switch to New Vegas than feel the downgrades switching from New Vegas.
>>
FO1, 2, and NV are West Coast and directly connected.

FO3 and 4 are East Coast and directly connected, pretty much spin-offs from the original story. If you play NV without playing 1 or 2 you'll probably be able to figure things out quickly since the game is designed for players who are coming from FO3, but you certainly don't need NV for FO4.
>>
On the mechanic side, 1 and 2 are isometric RPGs from the olden days, but they are perfectly playable to this day. NV is a gamebryo game with actual writing and the minimum bar of entry to be considered a good RPG.
3 tries to be an RPG but fails brutally. 4 doesn't even try and goes full shooter looter instead.
>>
File: Laugh-Meme-05.jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
Laugh-Meme-05.jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>>344097529
>start with 4. Better to experience improvements when you switch to New Vegas than feel the downgrades switching from New Vegas.

I laughed way harder then i shouldv

>>344097570
Sadly enough i wont have time to play fo1 and 2, mind telling me anything about their story without getting spoiled? Or give me a video link. If thats not neccesery and i wont have to play them in order to understand then i guess i can just play nv
>>
>>344098045
Why won't you have time to play them? Just play them instead of 4 and nv
>>
>>344098256
Can only buy 1 becuase of crisis... And almost everyone says its the best.
>>
>>344098443
Kat.cr
>>
>>344098443
You can substitute 4 with whatever you want, but do play New Vegas.
>>
>>344098443
Just don't play FO4
Actually go play borderlands or something, it's what FO4 tries to be
>>
>>344098509
only have a ps3 when im going on vacation..
If i were to play it home i wouldv torrented nv too just like all my athor games.
>>
>>344098723
dont worry i wont. ill be getting fallout new vegas
>ultimate edition
>>
File: Issue.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Issue.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>>344096793
New Vegas thread?
Anyway I was wondering if someone had ran into this issue before and knew how to fix it pic related it the problem. I've already tried verifying my game cache to see if it solves the problem.
>>
>>344098443
I mean, if you are prepared to download a shitton of mods for hours, then yea NV
>>
>>344098927
Either missing textures from your body mod or something with your in game settings and the enb configuration.
>>
>>344098045
>mind telling me anything about their story without getting spoiled
It's not necessarily the plot that carries over into NV so much as it's the worldbuilding. Factions and people that develop in 1 and 2 become important in NV but there's infodumps all over the dialogue for people who are new to the West Coast Fallouts so you'll get the gist.
>>
>>344098943
What
ill be playing on ps3

What are you talking about?
>>
>>344099120
>ill be playing on ps3

Don't even bother playing then
>>
>>344099260
Instead of this dodgy shit mind telling me what the fuck is wrong with it.
>>
>>344099120
How were you planning on playing fo4 or 1&2 on a ps3?
>>
>>344099414
Broken game. No mods. No ability to troubleshoot the many bugs. Subpar experience of playing an fps on controller. Shit graphical quality.
>>
>>344099414
It doesn't run as well and you can't mod it.

If you're okay with that, go right ahead. Oh, and good luck with Fallout 4 on the PS3.
>>
>>344099414
Bethesda games on console are basically asking for endless frustration. Framerate issues and no access to console commands for when the game inevitably shits itself.
>>
>>344099623
>>344099457

You guys dont understand... Im only gonna have a ps3 to where im heading for 4 weeks. I have my pc at home and i already played fallout 4 a bit.

>>344099596
>>344099623
But i should still be a able to get a solid experience out if right ? Story wise for example?
>>
>>344099070
Thanks for the help, found out it was my enb. I'm using Dynamo ENB so what should I do now? Does anyone know how I can change the settings to fix this?
>>
File: 1465139845507.jpg (29 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465139845507.jpg
29 KB, 600x600
>>344098943
>it's a "dude you need 500 mods because i'm dead inside and spend more time adding superfluous bloat and turning it into a anime girl sex simulator than actually playing the game so everyone else must have to as well" webisode

NVAC
NVSR
YUP
MTUI

All a first time player needs.
>>
>>344099915
Did you disable the water whatever option? Read the installation guide for the enb preset
>>
>>344099835
Sure, vanilla NV is great. I can't attest for the game's stability though.
>>
Fallout 4 is 20 years after 3, New Vegas is only a little bit before 4. no idea about 1 or 2.
>>
>>344099414
Bugs. The PC version has since been fixed, the console's haven't.
>>
>>344100443
Yep its disable, reading the installation guide is telling me nothing right now. However, I've found out that this problem only occurs when inside buildings., though that doesn't really help much.
>>
>>344099835
I played NV on PS3. After your save gets bigger than 8mb, you need to restart the game every hour to reset the FPS to 30, or the game chugs to a standstill and freezes. At 10mb, you need to restart every 30 minutes. This is with all patches. It's the worst performing PS3 game I've ever played.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.