[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mr. Worldwide (Low Sales)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: shitman series.png (179 KB, 1538x1024) Image search: [Google]
shitman series.png
179 KB, 1538x1024
Why is Hitman 2016 the worst performing Hitman game?

Why did Hitman fans defend this decision?
>>
JUST
>>
because people are waiting for the whole game t o come out.
>>
>>344089941
this

fuck having to wait for each episode to be released
>>
>>344089941
>>344090038
by the time it's finished it will be an old game and nobody will care

this idea of theirs is retarded, they're just testing the early access waters to see if it's profitable
>>
>>344089941
Do you honestly think people will remember to buy it when it's """"fully released""""

The biggest sales a game will get are the opening week preorder sales (which is why companies push for this so often)
>>
>>344090213
>>344090251
I don't know about those other faggots but I'll buy it once the final product is out
>>
>>344090398

Same

They won't pull this shit again though thankfully
>>
File: 000.jpg (715 KB, 2633x1080) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
715 KB, 2633x1080
>>
>>344090251
>The biggest sales a game will get are the opening week preorder sales
not on pc and it has very little to do with pre-orders.
>>
>>344089418
I wish they had just released it as a whole game. It looks pretty fun and blood money barely works on my computer.
>>
>zero marketing
>zero E3 gameplay shown
>episodic release heavily discourages potential buyers
>always online with constant server disconnects and unoptimized performance heavily discouraged what little buyers were left
It doesn't matter how good of a game it is, it was set up to fail from the very beginning.
>>
>>344090807
Absolution is obviously the better game. They should go back to the roots.
>>
Probably because of it's retarded pricing model.

I'm not going to buy it until everything is in its game.
>>
>>344089418
>if a game isn't popular on PC then it's not popular anywhere else
>>
Because Absolution was complete garbage which put off a lot of people from trusting IO again.
Episodic releases aren't helping either.
Doesn't help that the newest Hitman also has a lot of stupid shit in it.
>>
this release model was destined to fail. it works with telltale games and the like because they're 100% story focused and people treat them like a tv series.

SE was really dumb to think the average gamer would play a level of hitman and think "damn, this is super exciting, can't to play more a MONTH from now", it simply doesnt have that kind of appeal. i'm glad it tanked.

waiting for the retail release. hope to fuck there won't be a 'season 2' of DLC
>>
Because people don't buy good games.
>>
>>344089418
>there will be no episodes
>launches as episodes
>online all the time
and you cucks fall for this shit all the time
>>
File: 1467257417695.png (259 KB, 358x339) Image search: [Google]
1467257417695.png
259 KB, 358x339
I bought it. I think it's fun, episodic allows them to perfect the game more. Hope they do the same thing with the next one.
>>
>>344090213

Well early access can suck a fat one.
>>
>>344089418
This game has weird performance issues

The first level ran okay and the rest of them have any i7 pinned to 100% usage the entire time the game is running. It's like they gave up on QA whatsoever until who knows when. Glad I got this for free.
>>
>>344089418
on steam yeah
its popular on sp4 and bone.
>>
>>344089418

>Why is Hitman 2016 the worst performing Hitman game?

But it's not.

The game hasn't even fully released yet and it's already generating a fuck load of revenue for both the publisher and developer.

Not to mention it has one of the highest purchase/played ratios around, and the active player retention rates are also fucking excellent.

They've made an awesome game that people are enjoying playing, whether or not it's performance will be shit won't be known until after it's full retail release.
>>
D A L E
A
L
E
>>
>>344089418

Always online, episodic release of content.

I'll wait until it goes offline and all the content is there. If I buy a Big Mac meal, I want to take it home and I want the whole meal at once, not periodically where the waitress gives me little bit of french fries every now and then.
>>
>>344094151

>I want to take it home and I want the whole meal at once, not periodically where the waitress gives me little bit of french fries every now and then.

You couldn't handle the whole meal, fatty.
>>
>>344090213
>by the time it's finished it will be an old game and nobody will care
guess square should have maybe waited to realease the game in a more complete package instead of trying to make Early access big budget games become a thing i really hope this happens to the final fantasy 7 remake as well but i know it won't and the amount of cash it brings will only encourage other companys to do it as well
>>
It's too bad about the shitty release model, it's shaping up to be the best game in the series unless the remaining episodes end up shitty. Already have over 100 hours in it and it's only half released.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.