[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we have a Legend of Grimrock thread? >playing on hard,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: LoG.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LoG.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
can we have a Legend of Grimrock thread?

>playing on hard, in level 9 now
>the part with the ice lizards
>try to pick them apart retreating = impossible because they respawn fast
>stay and fight = get surrounded by respawning lizards and double raped
>try to run for the exit = surrounded again
>>
I haven't played Grimrock 1 since it came out, I don't remember shit. I should play it again.
>>
File: skel archers.jpg (137 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
skel archers.jpg
137 KB, 640x400
>>344083908
Haven't played 2 but I'm hyped because I heard it is better. 1 is tough on hard difficulty, but it's worth it. It's pretty funny when enemies manage to surround me, shit is tense.
>>
>>344084442
I watched a friend play it. English isn't his first language, so I was there to help with certain puzzle hints.

Big improvement is the fact that you're able to explore more areas that look different to Grimrock 1, which as I understand it was only based in a dungeon and you never got to go outside, right?
>>
>>344084442
Oh, 2 is better in every way. It's got some great mods too if you're looking for more of it after you're done.
>>
>>344084804
yes, the story begins with your party being thrown into a dungeon from the top of a mountain and you're always inside, and you make your way down
>>
>>344083269
git gud

Just fight when you have too and run, try to pick them off one by one. This is the huge and only difficulty spike in the game really. There is no trick to it other than brute forcing it. It sucks T-T
>>
>>344083269
there's a hidden class you can choose for your characters with the console
open the console, type party:getChampion(x):setClass("Ranger") where x is the character name of the class
then that character will be a ranger which is basically a fighter/mage hybrid
>>
>>344085914
but I don't want to cheat

>>344084948
I was wondering if a axe fighter + dagger assassin rogue on the front + thrower rogue and mage on the back is viable?
>>
>>344086481
it's not really cheating, plus you can have one of each class
>>
>>344086481
**Viable on LoG 2 that is

>>344086609
still, if that would make the game a bit easier it would feel like cheating, thanks for the tip though, I will try that on another run
>>
>>344086770
actually it doesn't make the game easier really
now if you consoled in the trait that the character who has that class has, then that would be considering how ridiculous that thing would be with 4 characters
>>
>>344086894
but how would that work, what happens to the skillpoints I earned so far
>>
>>344087050
i don't know, you could just save and try it
if it resets your skillpoints you could just give the character skillpoints equal to how much you had before via console
>>
>>344086481
>I was wondering if a axe fighter + dagger assassin rogue on the front + thrower rogue and mage on the back is viable?
Yeah, of course.
>>
well fuck
>>
Which one was your favourite, /v/? The first or the second Grimrock?
>>
File: 1459953501860.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1459953501860.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
yfw trickster's lair
>>
Is Grimrock the kind of game that I can beat with any kind of party I want if it's on normal difficulty?
>>
>>344088342
Second one blows the fuck away the entirety of the first. G1 was just a well-made dungeon crawler but the second is probably the best game of 2014 and one of the best crawlers i've ever seen. The only problem with it is that at higher levels they introduce a soft level cap hindering further character progression which makes it less enjoyable to explore.
>>
>>344088597
probably, there's also some incredibly OP class builds you can do
>>344088342
i completed 1 but i haven't played much of 2 yet, but it's basically grimrock 1 but better
though i don't really understand some of the classes like farmer
>>
>>344088839
I heard an unarmed rogue can do more damage than anything else, or something like that. I don't remember if this story was about the first game or the second.
>>
>>344088597
You want a well-rounded party, but there's definitely some strange combinations you can make work, especially in 2.
>>
File: 1375501408595s.jpg (2 KB, 124x79) Image search: [Google]
1375501408595s.jpg
2 KB, 124x79
>>344085283
>T-T
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.