[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else experiencing rubber banding on Siege today? Bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: header.jpg (33 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33 KB, 460x215
Anyone else experiencing rubber banding on Siege today? Bought and played it for a week and now it's full blown unplayable due to this issue.

I installed a new anti virus and it seems to have caused the rubber banding or is it just the uni servers atm?
>>
>>344063167
UBI* servers

-

I installed avira today and since then I keep getting connection failures when I join games. It takes around 30 seconds in game and it just lags out
>>
>>344063167
i've been having a different problem for a while now, it's kinda game braking and it really annoy me
it's called blackbeard
>>
It's a really enjoyable game too

Anyone with mics who wants to play with my friends (4 of us in total with mics) let me know
>>
>>344063478
Ha. He's fine. Just git gud

I hate Montague more than BlackBeard, bb shield doesn't cover his whole body at least
>>
>>344063167
>>344063374
>>344063478

Note: ive done port forwarding and that's not helped.

I've had these similar networking issues with the division. So I understand the plight of ubisoft.
set of idiots
>>
Sledge is best
>>
Can someone let me know if it's me or ubi.
>>
I've been rubber banding like crazy for the last 2 days on the East Aus servers. Fuck Ubisoft know how to fuck a good thing up.
>>
>>344063628
montagne also can't shoot with one of the most powerfull guns in the game while shielded
>>
>>344064757
Okay. So it's not just me. Thank god

I'm level 27 and so are my friends who play. We started at the same time.
If you want to play on mic
add me : Tofru
we play most nights
>>
>>344065464
True.
>>
>>344063167
anti virus was said to cause crashes and connection issues iirc
>>
>>344065489
go to generals teamspeak, pretty chill guyse
>>
>>344063628
>Hating Trashtagne
He's a free kill
>>
>>344065691
Any links? Google but nothing major came up

it was only after changing AVs today it seems to happen in game
>>
>>344066194
i had the game crash on load without error for like a solid week before i found out it was the bios drivers. I have no antivirus but i found couple who claimed disabling antivirus fixed their problem
>>
>>344066345
I've completely uninstalled AV and registry cleared it too with the AV reg cleaner

also added exceptions to windows defender
>>
>>344066615
did it worked?
>>
it's not your drivers or anti virus (why the fuck do you even have an anti virus) you retard, it wouldn't have any effect with rubberbanding, it's just Ubisoft's shitty servers and game
>>
>>344066697
Lol no.
I'm rubber banding the second I get into games all the time now.

looked at windows task manager and my WiFi is spiking when I join a match.

Anyone know if this will blow over or is it like the division where it ends up being unplayable for months
>>
>>344066797
I have an AV as well as common sense. I cover all bases.
Some people have mentioned AV and even ubi.
so I wanted to rule everything out.

what's with the hostility man
>>
The reason why I don't think it's ubi is because my actual Internet disconnects when in game. So it's not the servers.

Anyone know this problem?

get perfect net all day then load up siege and 1 min into game it disconnects my net in windows.
>>
File: 3272.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
3272.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>344067230
>using WiFi to play online
>>
>>344067836
It used to do it on the division too.
not on any other games therefore is that ubi or me?
>>
>>344067836
maybe try updating modem frimware or something. In my experience it requires some really retarded, far fetched solutions.

I had to oc bios and overclock cpu to stop constant crashes.
Try disabling steam or steam overlay or something
>>
>>344068013
Cheeki cunt. Not everyone can run cables across their house
>>
File: ubishit.webm (2 MB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
ubishit.webm
2 MB, 960x600
>>344063167
Siege has a completely retarded netcode but you should only get rubberbanding while droning.
>>
>>344068182
I always see videos of this happening but I have never seen it happen to me. I bet one of those players had 500 ping.
>>
File: Good Game Ubishit 1.webm (3 MB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
Good Game Ubishit 1.webm
3 MB, 960x600
>>344068182
>>
>>344068182
That's the thing I don't get rubber banding in drone mode just when I get a gun in my hand
>>
>>344068082
Tried disabling steam overlay

Haha didn't work

no idea if it's due to me switching AV when I had siege running. My mates playing atm 40miles away just fine
>>
>>344068906
really strange. I honestly have no idea since my connection somehow is running fine off usb tethering of a tablet.

I felt really upset that everyone else could play the game and for me it was completely unplayable, but once i got it to work all that salt was well worth it. Siege is a great fucking game, one of the most underrated mp shooters
>>
>>344068375
Nah, this happens when the dude killing you has a 200 or so ms ping. Meaning you'll get your shit wrecked without understand why or how. Isn't that a good game?

Plenty of other stuff like>>344068386
happens at regular pings though (80-100)
>>
File: Untitled.png (59 KB, 573x174) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
59 KB, 573x174
>>344069349
Like I said it's never happened to me.
>>
>>344068386
i've had worse version of that happen where guy quickly peeked, then repeeked and prefired and i didn't even see his first peek. Still love the game since i'm not a tryhard turboautist who needs to win every round or i break a keyboard.

Prefiring and suppressive fire keeps most people away from trying that shit
>>
>>344069473
Yeah yeah yeah listen I've met people with undreds of hours of gameplays who had no idea what was the peeker's advantage and said they never saw it even though it took me roughly 15 hours to realize how huge it was in Siege.

Some people are blind/slow/don't pay attention
>>
Was the single player any good? Really fancy a slow tactical shooter. Don't really want any squad management though if it's heavy on that.
>>
>>344069757
The peeking part isn't what's bad though.... what's bad is that he literally shot like 6 bullets in the shield's head and none of them registered
>>
>>344069842
No SP only MP
>>
>>344069842
No single player aside from some training missions for the multiplayer.
>>
>>344069963
yeah wonky hitboxes. They don't cover the whole head they are in middle and are tall.
also ghost. That problem is every game, even csgo. I've had that many times and getting sniped from behind full shield from across the map too.

Play ash and enjoy.
>>
>>344069842
Not too heavy on squad management but it helps if you all have mics for awareness and each member has different skills
>>
>>344070136
>no SP
wrong.
>>
>>344070136
What the fuck, I had no idea. No wonder it dropped in price so fast. Well cheers for the info but that's me out. I can't stand mp these days.
>>
>>344070292
Well if you count situations. That's more like a training section.

but yeah. There's a small SP then
>>
>>344068375
It's happened to me in the worst of ways before.

>set up as Tach
>Roam a bit, set up my turret in a good spot while the right-side hallway is defended, have good visual on the container
>See a Twitch walk past the hallway, penetrate her Israeli?? ass three times from the back with the MG
>See the blood splatter
>looks like she didn't even fucking notice
>okay sure that wasn't enough to kill, whatever
>she stupidly peeks from the direction that she passed into and I peg her twice more, more blood splatter
>peeks me again
>instantly dead
>she's full fucking health

Honestly, Ubi needs more servers. If someone is above 75 ping they should be kicked immediately.
>>
>>344070267
I've never ever sprayed someone in the head with 6 bullets in csgo at close range and have none of them register.

Actually, that never happened to me in any online fps ever. And I played A LOT of fps.
>>
>>344070838
ash and blitz both have notoriously bad hitboxes, in opposite directions.

Was playing ash today and in 4 times during one match I got hit, saw blood fly and took 0 damage.
>>
>>344071035
okay don't play siege then.
>>
File: Rainbow six siege hitreg.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow six siege hitreg.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>
>>344071313
>that console aiming
>>
>>344071313
that shit wouldn't work for a second on pc
>>
>>344071313
hit reg aside it should be illegal to release shooters on console
>>
>>344071313
>shoot guy in the shins
>dies

>shoot shield guy in the back
>keeps goin like nothing hapened
>>
File: Great hit reg Siege!.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Great hit reg Siege!.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>344071445
>>344071578
It's just to show that the game is shit on all platformes

>full hp
>>
It's a great game hindered by some of the shittiest netcode ever made in a game.
>>
>>344063501

I'm semi decent when I'm in a good mood but I play for fun not overly competetive.

Add me if you feel like. EU btw.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Snetyn
>>
>>344074445
And Ubisoft clearly doesn't give a fuck because it's been there since release.

They're a bunch greedy cheap fucks who won't bother fixing their games and getting proper servers.
>>
>>344075070
Fuck that webm is bugged
>>
>>344075329
>>344075070
>full hp
>no headshot

That's my last one, remember kids: don't buy Siege, it's trash.
>>
>>344076701
It's trash based on your anecdotal webms. This is like going into a CSGO thread and posting webms of RNG misses.
>>
>>344078132

>RNG misses

It's not a fucking miss if you see blood flying from the enemy model. You hit the enemy on your screen but the shit netcode decided otherwise.
>>
>>344078132
>anecdotal

Not even him but you're in serious denial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZj4c_j9Qs

I like Siege but the netcode is shit and that's kind of a big deal in a "competitive" online fps. This really has nothing to do with random spreads.
>>
>>344078383
Because one or both of them had 600 ping but this is conveniently never shown in any of these webms.
>>
>>344073087
They shouldnt even bother releasing fps games on consoles. It's impossible to get any kind of decent or fast aim.
>>
>>344078523
I've seen that video and even he says it has a very fast netcode, but too strong lag compensation. Like I said above it's because one or both players had 600 ping. In normal play you will never see this happen.
>>
>>344078132
I love siege, but the netcode is complete shit

Shields are the biggest example of how bad the netcode is in that game.

It wants to be a serious one tap tacitcool shooter, but it has call of duty netcode
>>
I bought it 3 days ago and I haven't had any lag issues. Just me trying to get good issues.
>>
>>344079081
How could you notice it when you don't know anything about the game?
>>
>>344079401
Why would you need to know anything about the game to realize that your enemy didn't die when you shot him in the head?
>>
>>344079725
That's not the only situation where you can witness netcode/hitreg problems...

If you don't know the damage of the weapons and how many hits it requires to kill a dude you can't know if he should have died or not, it's not always as obvious as it is in some of these webms. If I were to post some of my own recorded gameplay most people wouldn't even notice what's wrong.
>>
>>344078652
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2aFY1l5fvg

The doc has a ping of 100ms, thermite has a ping of 60ms. You can find hundreds of thoses on youtube, denial won't do you any good.
>>
>>344080667
That is a different issue. They both shot each other in the head at the same time but like you said Thermite has 40ms lower ping so he sends messages to the server faster. That's not a problem with Siege but with online FPS in general. More noticeable because of Siege's one hit kills.
>>
>>344081463
>if doc shot thermite in the head for more than 250ms it's because of a 40ms ping difference
>let's forget about the fact that he wasn't even looking at him
>let's forget about tickrate or any other factor for that matter
>can't be shit coding and slow cheap ass servers with a tickrate of 5, NOPE must be that 40ms ping difference
>anon in charge of explaining netcode
>>
>>344082251
Watch it again. Thermite snaps to his left and is looking right at Doc at 0:08. They both shot almost at the exact same time but Thermite slightly faster. Servers are 60 tick btw.
>>
>>344063167
every fucking day but still love it. you gotta get it on console. pc full of cheaters.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.