[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games that were elevated by their DLC >shitty first ten hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 27
File: Sera.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sera.jpg
571 KB, 1920x1080
Games that were elevated by their DLC

>shitty first ten hours
>nicely varied but formulaic 30 hours
>underwhelming ending

Then came Trespasser
>makes you realize you care about the characters
>proper conclusion to the Inquisition as an organisation
>perfect set-up for DA 4
>>
>>344062397
I don't even know what game you are talking about lol
>>
>>344062397
Witcher 3
>great game from start to finish with 200+ hours of quality content
Both expansions released
>GOAT RPG with 50+ more hours of content and another huge new area to explore
>>
>>344062545
>what is pic related
>>
>>344062397
Even if fucking Monica Bellucci poped out of the screen when you installed DA:I and gave you a blowjob it still wouldn't elevate this piece of homo-erotic labour intesive brexit voting piece of utter dung
>>
>>344062397
That moment in the Dishonored DLCs when I realized that literally everything that happens is for the sole purpose to entertain the Outsider.
>>
>>344062864
but DAI would vote remain
>>
>>344062864
I liked DA:I but I found it too careful
Actually prefer DA II, you can feel how much ambition there was and how it was crushed by EA pushing for a short development
>>
>>344062720
Except the Witcher games are shit. I suppose that doesn't stop it from qualifying - the DLC was slightly less shitty than the base game.
>>
>>344063812
Liking a game for the failed ambition it had is just wrong. Wrong, fullstop. DA II is the absolute worst. It's like saying KOTOR II is a better game because it had more potential, while in fact it was a broken stuttering incoherent mess, while as KOTOR I was much simpler but ultimately more polished and coherent, thus a better game.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art[1].jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art[1].jpg
53 KB, 256x330
>>344062770
forgot pic
>>
Not that the base game was bad, but holy shit, Dark Arisen is spectacular. It's like Dark Souls (talking about atmosphere and structure, inb4 le difficulty maymay), but the PC version's KB+M controls are fucking playable.
>>
Forgot pic.
>>
>>344064126
I can't really agree with that
Failed ambition means someone was actually trying to push boundaries, to bring something fresh to the table
I like perfectly functional games as much as the next guy but I feel like, if someone is trying and failing we should celebrate his intention and learn from his mistakes rather than mocking him.

Also I though DA II is the rare Bioware game where there is genuine moral greying and a satisfying range of dialogue options
You just can't be a believable dick in DA:I
>>
>>344062397
huh i liked the game. didn't have high expectation after usama bint anders and da2 so i was pleasantly surprised by DAI.
>>
>>344062864
it sure got /pol/ in here...
>>
File: mk8.jpg (13 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
mk8.jpg
13 KB, 311x162
>$12
>half a game
>crossover characters and tracks

MK8 was a fine entry vanilla, but the expansion made this one of the best games this generation.
>>
>>344062397
Bloodborne is a game turned great by its DLC and even though its unrelated to OP DaS2 is only a decent game because of the DLC's which were all god tier

>watching the Burnt Ivory King come through a fucking portal to fight you in an arena surrounded by Old Chaos

Even though the boss is easy as fuck like the rest of DaS2 he's an elder god tier boss
>>
Dark Souls II had the best DLC of any Souls game. Literally saved it from being a disgrace.
>>
>>344065287
Hello Eurogamer
Gonna unconditionnaly praise Dark Souls next?
>>
File: 1427499794516.jpg (88 KB, 736x1106) Image search: [Google]
1427499794516.jpg
88 KB, 736x1106
>>344065000
I agree with everything you just said.
>>
>>344062397
If you're willing to call DLC an expansion, or expansions DLC, then Brood War is arguably the best DLC/Expansion of all time.

It took an ok game that people liked to one of the most popular games of all time. And it only took half a year to come out.
>>
File: 1452037185767.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452037185767.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>344065535
But I really don't like Dark Souls and it's not uncommon to find that opinion among those who own it
>>
>>344065000
sadly true. But my rather renegade dwarf templar was a bit on that side and i thought it worked well. he wasnt evil. just a "get shit done fuck the opinions" kinda guy
>>
>>344062720
>Witcher
>RPG
Pick one and only one.
>>
File: destiny-ghost[1].jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
destiny-ghost[1].jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
Destiny
>>
>>344063974
>>344065897
Why am I not surprised these disgusting opinions came with a thread opened up by DA3?
>>
>>344062397
I understand the first 10 hours, since you basically spend them (or even more) in the Hinterlands/before Skyhold part alone, but... it really took you ONLY 30 hours to finish the game? You missed a lot of stuff, anon, no wonder you thought it was formulaic.

I liked the game and I agree, Trespasser was a great DLC. It's clear it has not been written by Gaider and I have high hopes for DA4 at this point.

Disband or keep the Inquisition?
>>
>>344062397
I hope this shit goes on sale
>>
>>344064235
Yes, but moreso Dark Souls 2. The game overall is pretty underwhelming, but the DLCs make it worth playing through.
>>
File: opforz-noscale.jpg (126 KB, 468x316) Image search: [Google]
opforz-noscale.jpg
126 KB, 468x316
>>
>>344065000
Sadly mate the moral graying meant fuck all since the game itself screamed "quick buck" out of every polygon. Great premise and dialogue makes for a good book, a good game takes a bit more than that.
>>
>>344066010
Well obviously DA:I is a steaming turd and Witcher is a better game, but Witcher is barely an RPG. It's action/adventure with some light RPG elements. It's not a bad game but I think it's incredibly overrated and the gameplay is pretty boring.
>>
>>344066010
>>>reddit
>>
>>344065784
I don't really want good or evil, those are reductive notions
I just want to have the full spectrum between being a compassionate messiah and a selfish power hungry psycho
You actually have to work hard for it to get max disapproval, no matter what you do everybody loves you
>>
>>344066042
i have a 3 canon world states ready to go. two are remain one is disband.
>>
File: 250px-Shiveringislesbox.jpg (23 KB, 250x314) Image search: [Google]
250px-Shiveringislesbox.jpg
23 KB, 250x314
I think a lot of people still consider this the gold standard for a great game expansion
>>
>>344062397
Fuck off shill.

Also, fuck off with the Mass Effect shilling.
Andromeda is going to bomb hard.
>>
File: header.jpg?t=1447363144.jpg (45 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1447363144.jpg
45 KB, 460x215
>>
Bloodborne is an obvious pick.
Although the base game's quality was great, rivaling the masterpiece that is Dark Souls first half, it was sorely lacking in content and "cool" boss fights like O&S, Artorias, Manus.

The dlc totally fixed this.
>>
File: tumblr_nmgqzz9UfC1qengqso1_1280.jpg (409 KB, 600x950) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmgqzz9UfC1qengqso1_1280.jpg
409 KB, 600x950
>>344062397
>nicely varied but formulaic 30 hours
what the hell, i played 200+ hours of that game because my autism forced me to read and find everything.

pretty good lore, i liked the dlcs with the old inquisitor and the titans stuff too.
>>
>>344066397
As if BioWare hasn't been making Saturday morning cartoons since Baldur's Gate
>>
>>344062397
The DLC didn't re-implement all the shit they removed and/or dumbed down, like the missing equip slots, spells, abilities and gambits. Absolutely everything about the gameplay was a massive step back from Origins.
>>
>>344065454
>That fucking first note of theme kicking in when the portal appears
>>
>>344066243
I think it was more a case of
>Bioware "we've done the pre-production on a massive RPG with the twist of an unreliable narrator and morally tough choices"
>EA "You have 18 months"
>Bioware "hope you're cool with a patched together mess"
>>
>>344066397
indeed. i seam to get it to work. playing an elven reaver that does good shit but play the political game to benefit himself and the elves and most of the time it's not as retarded as you describe but yeah i see where you are coming from.
>>
>>344066692
Except it wasn't

I bet you just bubbled your tank and aoe casted you shitter

The combat in this game is actually fun
>>
>>344066042
Keep, not like it's gonna matter anyway
What really pisses me off is that there will be no mention of me romancing Scout Harding in DA 4 (it's not in the tapestry)
>>
>3 posters
>combined age 37
This thread
>>
File: dragonborn-dlc-2-1280x720.jpg (379 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dragonborn-dlc-2-1280x720.jpg
379 KB, 1280x720
>>344062397
The expansions for Skyrim were pretty good
>>
>>344067017
I can't get away with the feeling that every Bethesda dlc is 90% reusing existing resources, 5%new stuff, 5% new lore and at the end of the day they try to sell it off as the second coming of Christ
>>
>>344067272
>try to sell it off as the second coming of Christ
what are you even talking about?
>>
>>344067272
Dragonborn and Dawnguard could have been their own game, that's how much better they are than base Skyrim.
>>
>>344067272
not him, but i make it a rule to pirate all bethesda dlc, even if i buy their main game.
>>
>>344067678
do you want a pat on the back or something?
>>
>>344063812
This so fucking much.

I've legit played through DA:2 three fucking times for some reason, despite it's awfulness because hidden in layers there is some small sunshine if you look hard enough, but I've never once been able to get even a third through DA:I. It's just so god damn boring. At least you can laugh at DA2 if nothing else.
>>
File: 1451768601198.png (162 KB, 304x285) Image search: [Google]
1451768601198.png
162 KB, 304x285
>>344066397
>You actually have to work hard for it to get max disapproval, no matter what you do everybody loves you

Uh, I experienced the opposite. The characters in DAI can get mad quickly if you don't understand them/are a huge dick. You can notice how much they like you from the way they greet you when you talk to them.

Vivienne was mad as fuck with my Inquisitor until the Winter Palace, where I finally managed to regain approval with her. Solas and Cole disapprove a lot if you recruit the Wardens. Sera hates you if you are a pious elf who loves the elven people and gets mad if you have full court approval at the Winter Palace. Dorian disapprove if you say slaves are actually unhappy and Tevinter is an unreedemable piece of shit.

And many others. I mean, I didn't find that everybody automatically loves you, you actually have to think about what the character might say before picking a dialogue choice or doing something big like choosing between an alliance with the Qun or the Chargers. People who killed Bull's men freaked out when he betrays you in Trespasser, even though it's a understandable reaction since you killed his only family and told him to go back to the Qun

If you are a really big dick, the companions can even leave, like Cole, you even makes you forget about him, or Varric or Dorian (who you can even punch). The only ones who refuse to leave are Solas (duh) and the advisors.
>>
>>344068016
I assume you didn't get past the Hinterlands
Took me three tries with new characters each time to actually pass it
It gets so much better after that

>>344068207
I have no idea how you had this experience
I was just playing a mage dwarf (sue me) who always went for the most severe and practical solutions and jumped at every opportunity to have a fight
Maybe it's because I spent so much time talking to everyone, you get even get approval for asking questions sometimes
Also I was flirting with absolutely everyone, that might have helped

I'm just used to having rivalries with everyone in DA 2
>>
>>344066931
i think it will matter, there are high chances the inquisitor will still be the main character. not as inquisitor anymore, but as a new figure while the chantry controls the inquisition or you try to find a way to stop Solas on your own, a simple ex-heroic figure.

wasn't the romance with harding mentioned in trespasser? i'm pretty sure i read that vivienne asks you about your date with her. and the fact that she appears at the end, right next to cassandra and leliana, almost like a new advisor, makes me believe she will be part of the company in da4, either as a rogue or the militia advisor.
>>
>all the solaswives who are going to get cucked when the only option is to kill him
>>
>>344068898
>I assume you didn't get past the Hinterlands
Nah. Longest I've gotten was around the part where you meet up with Hawke.

It does get better, but not by much. I think the main thing keeping me from enjoy it is the just painfully bad combat. Hell, it's why I've manged to play DA2 so much, compared to that it's feels like you are playing a cheap Korean MMO from 2006.

Is there any class that is sort of tolerable? I've tried mage and rouge and neither was fun in the least.
>>
>>344068918
Since your inquisitor has a small problem at the end losing a hand I just assumed my inquisitor would appear Hawke style in DA 4

Regarding Harding, Vivienne does make a mention of her in Trespasser but on the Dragon Age Keep website, you have a collection of all the choices you made in the Dragon Age games, including romances. Didn't find any sigh of Harding or romance with her
>>
>>344068898
>mage dwarf
Wait what

>Maybe it's because I spent so much time talking to everyone, you get even get approval for asking questions sometimes
Also I was flirting with absolutely everyone, that might have helped

Oh yes, that probably influenced the approvals a lot. Solas ALWAYS approves if you asks him good questions and respects him. Cole greatly approves any kind/good choice you make, even if he isn't in your party, and flirting automatically makes you gain approval for obvious reasons.

>I'm just used to having rivalries with everyone in DA 2
The rivalry thing in DA2 was interesting, but the approval system in DAI is more fleshed out and "realistic" in my opinion.

In DA2 it was almost impossible to be friends with everyone and there was no middle ground: either you were BFF with Fenris/Varric/Isa etc. or bitter rivals. And at that point you even wondered "Why do you keep sticking with me if you hate me so much?"

An example: I wanted to be friends with Merrill, I really did, but she repairs the mirror if you do so (confirmed to be a bad thing) and you can't convince her to let it go if she is your friend. So in order to make her finally break it once and for all, you have to be her rival, there is no other choice, no possible friendly dialogue. That doesn't make much sense, I think.
>>
>>344062397
talk about a butterface

can anyone even create a decent looking female character on that game -- I know I couldn't and I always make 10/10 hotties when a game gives me a character creator

this is the best I could do on DA:I and I still find her ugly as fuck -- so ugly I quit playing the game actually
>>
>>344070331
Maybe if you ran the game at higher settings you'd find it easier to create better looking characters.
>>
Hypothetically speaking, if I loved DA:O but never played DA2 and refuse to give my money to EA, what's the best way for me to try Inquisition?
>>
>>344070437
>turn graphics up
>now everyone looks like they swam in lard

Thanks Bioware.

I seriously wonder what happened to the characters in that game, especially the hair. I just can't believe a AAA studio allowed that to happen. It's just mindbogglingly bad.

I just wanted a bearded Inquisitor Bioware you fucks.
>>
>>344070549
Pirate it?

Also, if you loved DA:O, you are gonna hate DA:I.

Hope you like Ubisoft sandboxes m8. Cause you are gonna be doing the same three things over and over and over and over and over again.
>>
File: Neckbeards.png (127 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeards.png
127 KB, 345x337
>>344062397
I remember playing this game on 360 and getting angry about how shit it looked like Bioware had made absolutely no effort in making a cross platform game.

But then I played on a current gen console and then it still looked shit, if fact it actually looked like a 360 game now which just made me angrier.

Is Bioware simply incompetent at everything?

To be honest though I played it for 60+ hours all the way till the end and I'll probably get the next one so I guess I'm the faggot.
>>
>>344070331

You must be joking

Its easy to make some very attractive characters in inquisition.

Just look up sliders if you're that useless
>>
>>344071009
I bet your standards are lower than my balls on a hot summer day
>>
>>344070549
You can pirate it.

>>344070863
>Also, if you loved DA:O, you are gonna hate DA:I.
I loved DA:O and was OK with DA:I.

>>344070719
>I just wanted a bearded Inquisitor Bioware you fucks.
So you played as a female instead?
>>
>>344070175
>>mage dwarf
>Wait what
Sorry, archer, I just played an Elf mage on the first unfinished playthrough. My memories of the combat just blend together

>In DA2 it was almost impossible to be friends with everyone and there was no middle ground: either you were BFF with Fenris/Varric/Isa etc. or bitter rivals
I dunno, I just felt like I didn't have to make a lot of effort to be BFF with everyone in DA:I. Then again, I played it right after having getting in rivalries with everyone except Merrill.
In DA 2 I played as a brutally honest and bloodthirsty mage, I think that's why, even though I was in the red, companions still considered me as someone worth following
>>
File: thatfeel_4.jpg (49 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel_4.jpg
49 KB, 500x419
>>344070964
Also my fave character was Sera who was my gf in the game and the gay guy with the retarded mustache.
>>
>>344070863
>>344071179

And where then SHOULD I pirate it, in this hypothetical scenario?
>>
>>344070006
They confirmed they worked on animations for characters with one arm only before (back when Bull was supposed to wear a prosthetic) and that they made the Inquisitor lose a hand only because they needed to remove the Anchor, the "symbol" of DAI, since closing Rifts won't be a thing anymore and they had to "reset" the character.

Also Trespasser doesn't feel like a proper conclusion to the Inquisitor's story, it's too "open-ended" and everyone clearly says "we still need to fight", "the war is over for the others, but not for us", "I will redeem you/stop you".

As for Harding, DA4 will be probably released on the current consoles, so they might let you load your saves/world status from DAI like they did with Mass Effect. This way the romance with her might be acknowledged (also now that Gaider isn't the team anymore, I expect to finally see full, complete dwarven romances).
>>
>>344071257
Your local torrent site. I'm not going to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>344070964
Well Frostbite never ran well on 7th gen
As for current gen, I thought the artistic direction was nice (a bit too high fantasy maybe) but they went overboard with the PBR
>>
>>344071179
>I loved DA:O and was OK with DA:I.
I wasn't. I wanted a Dragon Age game, not Assassins Creed, RPG edition.

>So you played as a female instead?
Nah. I made a pretty boy instead. Which I guess was fine in it's own way since I usually never do.

I would have gone female if Bioware didn't lock the only interesting romance to males only.
>>
>>344071476
>I would have gone female if Bioware didn't lock the only interesting romance to males only.

Cassandra or Dorian?
>>
>>344071257
Any fucking torrent site?
>>
>>344066462

Literally better than the base game.

Frozen throne
Brood War
Shivering Isles
Far Cry: Now that's what I call the 80's

All great gold standard expansions.
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>344062397
/v/ is gonna call me a pleb for saying this but I truly believe the Dragon Age series has the best party banter.

I remember what must of been like at least a couple hours of in Inquisition throughout it was actually my fave part of the game.

I just loved how no matter that party you chose you would end with all sort of convos.

This was true in DA2 as well actually.
>>
>>344071576
Cassandra.

Actually I ended up liking Dorian more than I thought thinking about it. Same with that unga-bunga enchanter lady. Nice to see a mage that realize they are fucking power hungry crazy fucks.
>>
>>344071287
That would kind of break the dynamics though no?
Each Dragon Age has had a new lead who rises to the Messiah status. I would actually like a new cast that I feel the Imperium setting can provide
>>
>>344069603
Nah man, they don't want to repeat the Thane drama that happened when ME3 was released (which was admittedly a shitty thing to do, the thanewives got fucked hard).

They confirmed there will be a chance to save Solas for those who want. Knowing his writer (who also wrote Mordin), you will have to make some sacrifices or go through some shit, but they won't risk the fans' rage. Solas' romance is one of the most appreciated after the one with Garrus.
>>
>>344071576
Dorian made me regret picking female, he was just the awesome opposite of Vivienne
She is a cold bitch who thinks low of everyone
He is a chill guy who thinks high of himself
>>
File: 1402929817235.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1402929817235.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>344062397
Is the multiplayer on PS3 still active?
I kinda want to play it.

If not what about Mass Effect 3?
>>
>>344071769
Sera and Vivienne rekting each other
Varric consistently worrying about Merrill
Best moments of the whole series
>>
>>344071769
I agree.

I actually sort of like the characters in DA:2 and I.
Characters like Sera and Anders who are really fucking unlikable is actually kinda nice to have because they are memorable. Unlike something like Skyrim where there isn't a single character with a personality.
>>
>>344072194
Dunno
Multiplayer is free on PC though
>>
>>344071886
>which was admittedly a shitty thing to do, the thanewives got fucked hard
No they didn't. Thane says in ME2 that he's dying. Anyone that romanced him should have known exactly what to expect. If they didn't, they deserved exactly what happened in ME3.
>>
>>344070175
Rivalry, for the most part, made sense though. They stuck with you because you were one of the few people actually trying to help out kirkwall, so they stuck by you to support that. They were your allies and occasionally they were still your friends even if you disagreed a lot.

It's not like in Origins or inquisition where being a dick means they decide you're not worth staying with, because you're not "with them" in the first place. You all just happen to live in the same city and call on each other for help.

In fact, maxing rivalry usually meant not just being a blase shitbag who was a dick to everyone, but that you were actively, ideologically disagreeing with them (and usually helping them out with their personal problems anyway). Besides, if you disagree with someone about mage rights but know they're the only motherfucker bad enough to stop the qunari, you're going to work with them.

Not to say it didn't have problems, but I liked it a lot more than straight approval/disapproval. Maybe a combination of the two systems?
>>
>>344071886
>romance character who's entire thing is that he's going to die
>waah, he died, fuck you Bioware

Oh landwhales.
>>
File: 1428440530619.jpg (68 KB, 836x673) Image search: [Google]
1428440530619.jpg
68 KB, 836x673
>>344062397
I hate how this game makes you do boring repetitive shit for 100+ hours to get the 10 hours of actual good bits like with the Grey Wardens and the Party assassination thing.
>>
>>344071841
Well, we only had two games where this happens, DA2 and DAI. It's not written anywhere that they have to follow this "rule". And DAI was even cut in half, because the story was too big to be contained in a single game. Chances are that the second half of that plot will be used as a base for DA4.

Also the Inquisitor (especially if you romanced Solas) has a too big role at the end of Trespasser. I mean, everyone is counting on him/her again. Solas is their responsibility and I'd like to see an "opposite evolution": from leader of an enormous organization back to simple noble/mercenary/elf who has to find some expert, unknown agents in the north and hope for the best. All while fighting with a painful prosthetic arm, which would be a huge step forward in terms of gameplay (different battle techniques depending on your class, runes to attach to it etc.).

The Inquisitor couldn't even appear as a NPC like Hawke did. His/her personality is not divided into three categories like Hawke's (that's why the Hero of Ferelden can't return either): how would they characterize him/her? How would they make him/her talk?
>>
>>344072954
>because you're not "with them" in the first place. You all just happen to live in the same city and call on each other for help

I really liked that aspect in DA2. Made the characters feel like they had actual lives beyond just being your slaves.
>>
>>344073132
>And DAI was even cut in half, because the story was too big to be contained in a single game.

Seriously? The story is fucking barren. That is one of the main issues with the game.
>>
File: Fenris_close.png (219 KB, 406x483) Image search: [Google]
Fenris_close.png
219 KB, 406x483
>>344072695
>>344062397
This one was my fave.

I liked how this guy was basically right about everything and had a cool voice.
I then if you call him a fag at the end he just joins your side anyway.
>>
>>344073132
>Also the Inquisitor (especially if you romanced Solas) has a too big role at the end of Trespasser. I mean, everyone is counting on him/her again. Solas is their responsibility and I'd like to see an "opposite evolution": from leader of an enormous organization back to simple noble/mercenary/elf who has to find some expert, unknown agents in the north and hope for the best. All while fighting with a painful prosthetic arm, which would be a huge step forward in terms of gameplay (different battle techniques depending on your class, runes to attach to it etc.).
I would play this game

>His/her personality is not divided into three categories
On the DA Keep you can say what kind of judgments your Inquisitor made so I guess they can extrapolate from there.

That being said
>And DAI was even cut in half, because the story was too big to be contained in a single game
You seem way more informed than me so I'll go with your opinion
>>
>>344072093
>>344071576
>>344071238
Dorian didn't deserve the bad rap his shitty "he is le full gay guy XD" marketing got him. Outside of his awful companion quest, he was the bro-est companion in the game.
>>
>>344072906
>>344072972
To be fair, you know he was going to die because of his ILLNESS. In ME3 he dies like a bitch: killed by that faggot of Kai Leng, which is not the same thing. At least in ME2 you could hope there was a way for him to get better or at least spend his last years together with him.

In ME3 the doctor even tells Shepard there is not enough time to go get Drell blood to save him. Yes, he was going to die, but nobody imagined it like that. Even I thought it was pretty lazy and shitty.

Legion's death is even more stupid. There was no reason for him to die like that either, they just wanted to raise the drama and say "LOOK HOW BAD WAR IS".
>>
>>344073847
I liked how he kept flirting with me even though I was an elf woman.
>>
>>344073467
>this guy was basically right about everything
He just seemed like a whiny brooding emo to me
And he didn't side with me
Just goes to show how well made DA 2 characters were
>>
>>344073847
>first time I met Solas I thought he was some generic tutorial companion that would be replaced when the proper game started
>surprised when he stuck around
>turns out he's really important to the narrative or something
>>
>>344073847
>always frank with you
>doesn't give a fuck about what others think
>absolutely fabulous
>god-tier banter

My ultimate role model (except for the gay part)
>>
>>344074458
Also absolute lord of deadpan
Just look at this shit (spoilers for Trespasser incoming)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JvxH1WThhQ
>>
File: 1402961477051.png (221 KB, 486x402) Image search: [Google]
1402961477051.png
221 KB, 486x402
>>344062397
In the wicked eyes quest did anyone else just let the empress die and back that dude to be king?
I was playing an elf and got triggered when I learned she killed a bunch of my people.

Also that guy seemed like the lesser of three evils and I could probably control him.
>>
File: 1402356190020.jpg (49 KB, 455x224) Image search: [Google]
1402356190020.jpg
49 KB, 455x224
>>344073404
i genuinely thought there was a lot to do and discover

>war between templars and mages in Ferelden
>civil war in Orlais
>problems with the Wardens
>Corypheus' demon army in the Fade
>all that elven culture and lore with the Emerald Knights and the Temple of Mythal
>all those subquests that hinted at other important stuff like the Titans, the Avvar mythology, the Chantry
>subquests of your friends AND advisors

i don't know how OP played, but i definitely spent much more time playing it and all the possible dialogues and banters seemed almost endless sometimes
>>
>>344074160
Did you make sure to fill up his friendship or rival meter and then call him out on acting like a slave?
>>
>>344075026
There's a lot of interesting things there. But the actual main story is not. It's so bare bones and barely goes into any detail about the stuff you want to know more about.

At least from what I played.
>>
>>344075020
Everyone was pissing me off in this quest
I just picked the Empress because she had the best clothes
>>
File: 1427460130143.jpg (46 KB, 296x326) Image search: [Google]
1427460130143.jpg
46 KB, 296x326
>>344075026
There were cool bits like the companion sidequests and main story bits but most of the game was boring pointless fetch quest bullshit and closing portals.
>>
>>344075152
Nope, just wanted to twat him with my staff
>>
>before inquisition, everyone's convinced leliana won the wardenbowl because she's a sexy spy with a french accent that you can travel the world with and morrigan's an edgy witch who left you and refused at first to let you see your son
>come inquisition the script is flipped, because wardens who went with morrigan have a loyal waifu who toned down her bitchiness and a son that they got to spend several years with, whereas lelianafags got a bitchy edgelord too wrapped up in chantry bullshit to be with them
>>
File: 1454522707430.png (128 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454522707430.png
128 KB, 400x400
>>344075020
Did you make Briala control him? Because then you picked the best choice for the elves: Briala can indeed control him, while she would have been controlled by Celene and her "love" for her if the Empress had stayed alive.

Celene is a fucking dick, she set fire to the part of the city of Halamshiral where the elves lived to dismiss rumors about her having an elven lover. She even blocked them inside the burning walls with a barricade not to let them escape. That's why her tavern song is called "Empress of Fire".
>>
>>344075614
No I killed her too because she was in on it and a race traitor who helped murder her own people for profit.
>>
>>344075570
Morrigan just steals the show in DA:I
The moment she appeared I started to realize this game might actually be good
>>
>>344068001
yes
>>
>>344073060
Get mods if on pc, the war table mod is a fucking godsend, holy shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (682 KB, 842x1235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
682 KB, 842x1235
>>344062397
>incredible game with crazy wild world
>little to no backstory on how it got that way
>DLC gives you that info
>>
>>344075020
Gaspard alone was one of the only two options IMO, the other being gaspard + briala.

>honors his vow to the inquisition, is the one who actually proposed allying with you
>makes peace with ferelden so he can focus on killing faggy vints
>didn't actually get up to any bullshit during the winter ball; the only way to control him at the end is to use forged evidence
>>
Well since my copy of MGSVTTP deactivated itself and now I gotta reactivate it, I may as well play a little bit of DAI while I wait.
>>
>>344073917
Aren't there two ways that fight can go depending on his loyalty to Shepard or something?
>>
>>344062397
Your tears are delicious biodrone.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.