[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>post yfw Persona 5 reviews and sells better than FF15 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: persona-5-trailer.jpg (111 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
persona-5-trailer.jpg
111 KB, 600x333
>post yfw Persona 5 reviews and sells better than FF15 and rightfully claims the title of JRPG king
>>
File: 1467745798619.jpg (36 KB, 264x294) Image search: [Google]
1467745798619.jpg
36 KB, 264x294
>>344050937
>mfw it undersells because no one cares about weeb highschool friend simulators
>>
>>344050937
it won't, almost everyone knows what Final Fantasy is.
i'll probably enjoy P5 more though
>>
What will actually happen
>FFXV sells well because of the hype and recognition
>two weeks later, everyone realizes that it's not actually that good, if at all
>P5 sells under 500 000 which is great for jap-only release
>>
>>344051138
Still better than Teen Angst 15
>>
>>344050937
Final Fantasy XV has the marketing budget of a small countries entire economy.

Persona 5 can't compete with absurdly giant advertising, even if FFXV does turn out to be shit.
>>
I'm more hyped for P5 but even I'm not that delusional, OP.

Final Fantasy is a powerhouse. Its sales are in a whole nother league compared to the sales of Atlus games. The franchise will continue to sell well on name alone until Square Enix fucks up again for real this time and goes bankrupt.
>>
>>344051669
Well Persona has grew a lot in popularity since 4 and Ff has been in a downward spiral since after 10
>>
>>344051863
yeah but it's only really 4 that's sold right? there aren't many weebs that have bought all the spin offs
>>
>>344051669
Do people even give a fuck about Final Fantasy anymore? It was big back in the PS2 era but now kids who grew up playing Call of Duty are adults now.

Can Square Enix actually reach the modern AAA audience? Basically the only thing in it's favor to them is that it's open world.
>>
>>344050937
P5 will be lucky to break 1 million across both platforms. FFXV will do that day one in Japan alone.
>>
>>344051863
4 Golden's the best selling one and it didn't sell that well compared to panned after release games like FF13
>>
>>344052550
4 has only gotten more popular as it aged.
>>
Anyone claiming FF doesn't sell anymore is fucking delusional and basing that off of "I don't like the franchise anymore so NOBODY likes it!". It's the same retards who think Lightning isn't popular because they don't like her when she's actually THE MOST POPULAR in every single official poll run by multiple outlets and companies in Japan.
>>
>>344053473
The west doesn't care about JRPGs anymore and Japs don't play console games anymore. It's gonna be a hard sell.
>>
>>344053473
Only because she has been forced down fans' throats for so long.
>>
>>344051613
P5 is Teen Angst 5

You mean Fujo Fuccbois 15
>>
>>344050937
That looks extremely edgy.
>Stinky weebs actually believe this japanese high school simulator has a chance against FF XV.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.