[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadowrun Returns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
Any of you played this? What did you think? What kind of characters did you play?

I played trough all 3 and I really liked them. They are modern isometric RPGs with turn based combat. I found that each next game is better than the last, Returns was ok, Dragonfall already got me hooked and Hong Kong was fucking awesome. Granted both the RPG and the turn based combat are stripped down versions of more complex games. What I mean is that the game reminds me of oldschool Fallout, but Fallout had more role playing options, however Fallout had shit combat compared to this. Combat in Shadowrun reminds me of XCOM, but once again it's less complex than in XCOM. Despite this I'd strongly recommend this series to anyone who likes isometric RPGs.
>>
I forgot to mention the best part, like any proper RPG there are pages upon pages of text and dialogue. It's all very well written and most of the time there are no easy moral choices, almost every choice you make is grey. You are also frequently asked to do immoral things in order to get paid, and believe me, you want to get paid to afford all the new gear/implants/consumables you'll need.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134 KB, 1920x1080
bump
>>
>>344014918

4chan is an 18+ website
>>
>>344014918
I only played the first one and found it shallow as fuck. Kinda felt cheated for the price tag in all honesty. Especially with the bullshit they were pulling about how they can not add a save menu to the game or whatevs.
>>
>>344015896
Then you'd best head back to red.dit
>>
>>344015896
4chan is a website
>>344015946
try out Dragonfall or Hong Kong, pirate it if you have to, the first one has by far the least amount of content and care put into it.
>>
Most people think the original DMS is pretty shitty, Dragonfall is amazing and Hong Kong goes between really mediocre and really good.
>>
Returns is a piece of shit, Dragonfall is a decent VN with shit gameplay (luckily there's not that much of it), Hong kong is a mediocre VN with a mediocre gameplay.
>>
>>344016075
Might try pirating them someday. The lack of content/polish really hurts it, especially for the price tag they had on launch. I've played flash games with more depth to them.
>>
>>344014918

I enjoyed Dragonfall a good deal, but there's still something that's just... off about the series. Stilted gameplay? Awkward writing? I'm not quite sure. It could be much better, that much is for certain to me.
>>
>>344016149
Hong Kong is the longest, has more varied shopping choices, actually allows you to customize your crew to a degree and for me it had the best story. Dragonfall comes close and I found the Anarchist Berlin a cooler setting than corporate Hong Kong, but overall I enjoyed Hong Kong more.
>>
Returns was kinda flawed but I enjoyed the other two
Eiger and Gobbet a cute
>>
>>344016185
> HK with mediocre instead of shit gameplay even though fucking nothing was changed besides having more OP stuff
>>
>>344016363
you have an orc fetish or something? Granted Gobbet was cute on her behavior, but Is0Bel is actually, you know, fuckable.
>>
File: 20150828001629509.png (1021 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20150828001629509.png
1021 KB, 1920x1080
>>344016461
I couldn't stand Is0bel, her non-stop whining was unbearable, though the rest of the party members were good, if not great
>>
File: disgusted quokka.png (57 KB, 175x197) Image search: [Google]
disgusted quokka.png
57 KB, 175x197
>>344016461
>Is0Bel is actually, you know, fuckable.
>>
>>344016741
Eh Duncan was boring if you ask me, Racter get's my vote for the most interesting person as I have a great interest in transhumanism ever since the first Deus Ex.
>>
File: tumblr_nwwvsoIzsF1qlqg34o1_1280.png (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwwvsoIzsF1qlqg34o1_1280.png
1 MB, 1200x1200
>>344016813
what's the matter? You don't like shy chocolate dwarves with elf ears?
>>
File: racter .png (87 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
racter .png
87 KB, 212x278
posting best guy
>>
>>344016339
I had an absolute fucking blast with Dragonfall and Hong Kong. So much that it pretty much got me invested in the universum.

However, after beating all of the games, I also realized that the simple engine and the really fucking barebones exploration\combat keep this 7-8 of of 10 from becoming an absolute fucking classic.

No joke, give the games the Fallout treatment (environment interaction, proper playerbuilds, more varied quests and places, etc.) and you'll end up with something as influential as Baldur's Gate or the like.
>>
>>344017195
same here, playing these games actually made me download the complete collection of Shadowrun books in .pdf

I already had some idea about the Shadowrun universe from Spoony's Counter Monkey show.
>>
>>344017053

> his theory is wrong and dumb
> you can't tell him otherwise even if you're also at 1ess

thanks harebrained
>>
>>344018005
Even if you told him he was full of shit he wouldn't listen to you.
>>
>>344018005
> his theory is wrong and dumb
I wouldn't say dumb, his theory is more terrifying than anything else. Is it wrong? He doesn't even know himself and he's a mad scientist, so who are we to say anything?

I for one welcome our emotionless transhumanist overlords.
>>
File: 1453265194807.png (692 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453265194807.png
692 KB, 1920x1080
I'm playing Dragonfall now and really liking it.
I got so tired of the RNG combat I had to take a break and complete some other games (SS2 and Gothic). Suddenly it clicked with me, and now I even like the combat. I really think the gameplay is much better a few hours in
>>
>>344018910
>I got so tired of the RNG combat I had to take a break and complete some other games

Have you played XCOM? That's a great game, but the RNG can be infuriating. I swear 95% chance to hit in that game is a lie, it's more like 33%
>>
>>344018783
> implying mental state matters when running out of essence kills you (and nobody suffers from cyber psychosis anyway)

secondaries leave
>>
>>344019113
I heard that the hit chances in Shadowrun are actually wrong, as they don't show some of the (de)buffs applied.
>>
>>344019253
but isn't that the heart of his theory? Psychopaths don't suffer from essence loss as they were detached from emotions in the first place?
>>
>>344019369

being a psycho won't help if what's left of your body stops functioning
>>
Who's the bigger threat to humanity? Insect spirits, rampaging dragons or Yama Kings?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.