[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pikmin Nintendo's last unsullied series? Will they ruin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: pikmin_cover.jpg (29 KB, 240x333) Image search: [Google]
pikmin_cover.jpg
29 KB, 240x333
Is Pikmin Nintendo's last unsullied series?
Will they ruin it with Pikmin 4?
>>
inb4 Pikmin 2 babies say 3 was bad
>>
>>344012247
While I still think 2 was the best in the series, 3 is a really solid game, a little underwhelming i suppose but still really solid after coming off the hype train of its original announcement
>>
File: elf_sitting_5.jpg (7 KB, 181x278) Image search: [Google]
elf_sitting_5.jpg
7 KB, 181x278
>>344012247
Real Pikmin fans know Pikmin 2 was better than Pikmin 3. You underage Wii U normies have no authority on the matter
>>
>it's another bait thread

Come on, can a Pikmin thread be started without bait?
>>
>>344012171
Pikmin isnt even in the top 10 Nintendo franchises.
>>
>>344013605
Shitposting aside, I'm serious.
Mario has been silent for a few years now.
Zelda hasn't had a good game in over a decade.
Metroid is dead.
Starfox is dead.
Animal Crossing is microtransactions.
Pokemon hasn't really had a good game ever.
Fire Emblem is waifushit.

But other than Kirby and Pikmin what Nintendo series are still good?
>>
>>344013807
>But other than Kirby and Pikmin what Nintendo series are still good?
Smash
Kart
Splatoon
>>
>>344013947
>Smash
I guess
>Kart
Again, radio silence on the whole Mario IP.
>Splatoon
One game a series does not make. Also, it's not even that good. Just OK.
>>
>>344013807
Animal crossing is the mobile one. There will be a console one to complement it, likely without micro

Metroid will appear on the NX

BoTW will redeem Zelda

Starfox 0 needs a fucking sequel

Mario will always appear. Not on the Wii U though

Fire emblem was always waifushit. The gameplay has never been better in conquest
>>
>>344013807
For Pokemon it's love it or hate it. You apparently fall on the other end

Anyways ALBW was pretty good
>>
>>344014323
>There will be a console one to complement it, likely without micro
You really believe that?
>Metroid will appear on the NX
You really believe THAT?
>Zelda Breath of The Wild will redeem Zelda
It looks interesting, but it can't redeem a whole franchise when the next game will be the same old shit.
>StarFox 0
Was awful
>Mario
A given, but will it be awful? Probably.
>Fire Emblem was never good
Shitpost

>>344014409
I love Pokemon, which is why I think there are about 2 good games int he series, and one of those I like for nostalgia. I think Gen 5 is the only one I didn't find any fault in. Gen 6 was an abortion, but I guess it's too early to say anything about Gen 7.

Up until maybe 2 years ago I would have happily called myself a Nintendo fanboy, but now I just don't know. They just don't do anything anymore, everything they've released in the last couple years has been pointless. Not even horrible, just boring and pointless. Maybe one day they'll realise they're not in Wii Times anymore, but until then I can't really call myself a fan.
>>
>>344014619
Animal crossing news
>"As for the former app, while making it more accessible in comparison to the Fire Emblem games for Nintendo’s dedicated gaming systems, Nintendo aims to offer the great value of a role-playing strategy game. Nintendo will design the latter game so that it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems. By playing both Animal Crossing games, users will find increased enjoyment."
>Metroid
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

The past few Marios were good, so don't hope on it
Star fox was rushed. The one rails sections show how good of a game it could have been, thus I want sequel
Fire emblem was always waifushit. Prove me wrong
>>
>>344015000
>>The past few Marios were good, so don't hope on it
Miyamoto has lost his magic touch, anon. Even if he isn't heavily involved he'll impart retarded restrictions on the game based on his Lucas-tier vision of what Mario should be.

Starfox wasn't rushed, it was just shit. Again, Modern Miyamoto.

Have you ever played an FE?
>>
>>344015120
Yes, I have. Waifushit were always pretty prominent. If you think it has gotten worse, it is because of the larger fanbase

Have you played SF0? There were some magic moments. It just felt unfinished, short. They just need to implement normal controls and replace gyrocopters with more on rail

And the next Mario will be handled by younger Staff. Even so, you have yet to prove that the Marios under his direction, especially the ones on the Wii U, turned out well
>>
>>344015284
*turned out badly

I'm tired.
>>
>>344015284
I don't know where you get this faith from, but I don't have the same hope for Nintendo.
I'm sure they'll continue to survive, and maybe some day they'll be worthy of calling myself a Nintendo fanboy again. But for the foreseeable future I just can't see myself caring.
>>
>>344015476
I am just proving you wrong as much as I can, because I like arguments. I have faith because of all these things I stated above. If you don't have faith and can't respond to my arguments, I guess it's your choice.
>>
>>344015669
>implying I chose to stop liking Nintendo
It was a natural progression based on their poor decisions and poor performance over the past few years. I think the entire Wii U lifespan has been a downhill ride for them, despite the odd gems.
>>
>>344013502
>randomly generated caves and product placement: the game
>better than anything else in the series

okay, anon
>>
>>344012171
The worst zelda games are still better than most games
fuck you if you respond with CD-i shit.
>>
>>344013502
I missed you.
>>
>>344013807
>Animal Crossing is microtransactions.
Nobody said, and no source said that AC will move to smartphones.

>Mario has been silent for a few years now.
And? Just because a franchise wants to rest for a bit, doesn't mean it's shit now.

>Zelda hasn't had a good game in over a decade.
Yeah, stop lying. You're not being serious. Funny, you complain about OP trying to bait, but you're doing the same thing. Also, I love how you try to forgot others franchise too, like DK and Splatoon.
>>
>>344012247
I've only played the first 2, so no idea about 3.

Actually I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.