[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time SMT player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Shin-Megami-Tensei-IV.jpg (845 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shin-Megami-Tensei-IV.jpg
845 KB, 1920x1080
So I bought SMT IV & all it's DLC cheap from the eshop to have a break from Fire Emblem Conquest, it's my first SMT and it seems pretty comfy so far, just prepping now to go to Naraku.

Can anyone on /v/ give me any tips or advice and if I enjoy the game what other SMT's I should pick up from the eshop after?

Thanks
>>
Is smt iv final a new game?
>>
>>344010096
The newest yea
Takes place after smt iv
>>
hoy
>>
>just prepping now to go Naraku

So you played 5 minutes and then posted a thread on /v/. Why don't you just, I dont know, play the game? The only general tip I'll give is that this is not pokemon. New players tend to hold on to demons much longer than they should, you want to constantly be cycling them out for better ones.

Also, the game is probably about 70-80 hours long for a new SMT player. You probably don't need to think about another SMT for some time.
>>
>>344009246
The game has three routes. The Neutral route is considered to be the best one, you should try to aim for that one, although without a guide it's pretty difficult.

For now whenever the game asks you to side with Jonathan (law) or Walter (chaos) you should switch side every time, when you're further into the game google "neutral route" and you should find out how to check your current alignment and which events you should be careful of.

I haven't finished it yet so I can't really tell you much more about it, and I don't know whether the game has a NG+ or how it works exactly.
>>
>>344009246
Magic > Strength
>>
>>344009246
You're gonna die a lot, that's normal until a certain point in the game
Always try to get new demons
Fuse your demons.
Physical build? Dump points into Dex, physical skills use Dex instead of Str
Fuse your demons
Use buffs/debuffs
Don't use de exp/app points dlc right away, the game becomes a chore if you do, money DLC is ok.
FUSE YOUR FUCKING DEMONS
>>
I'll tell you the best SMT piece of advice I've ever heard

Many games with monster catching tell you to love your Pokemon or whatever. It's completely different with SMT. Demons are like condoms, whem they get useless get rid of them. Fuse them off. FUSE EVERYTHING.

Also DEX/MAG >>>> STR

Always save, game lets you do that everywhere

Always go full attack, defense doesn't matter. Get all the chestpieces from Q's shop. Buy Skill slot apps and HP/MP regen while walking

Ah, and don't care about your alignment. Jump into the game and beat it without looking anything up.
>>
>>344010401
>tfw been using same set of demons from Naraku 3rd till Tokyo
>>
>>344010459
>you should try to aim for that one
Ignore all this, answer truthfully and get what you get.
>>
I got law locked even if I always fuckes over Johnathan and then my save was lost just after I got outside the white forest.

Can someone recap what happens next so I know what I have to know before Apocalypse?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.