[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any HD mods for Starcraft 1 to make aspect ratio 4:3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Is there any HD mods for Starcraft 1 to make aspect ratio 4:3?
>>
Isn't the original good enough?
>>
it is already 4:3
>>
>>344002432
the image is stretched on my monitor.
>>
>>344002632
if your monitor is not 4:3 then why would you need it

looks fine on mine and it's 16:10
>>
File: 93478593849345.jpg (196 KB, 1878x470) Image search: [Google]
93478593849345.jpg
196 KB, 1878x470
>>
I'm not sure what you're looking for but look at this:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/508993-shieldbattery-bw-revitalized-for-modern-mortals
>>
>>344001692
Turn off ratio scaling on your screen or graphics card control panel.
Or play a better RTS, like Stalin vs Martians.
>>
>>344003174
>play a better rts
good one. a real knee slapper.
>>
>>344003034
that sounds interesting.
>>
File: 1464020841002.png (305 KB, 389x446) Image search: [Google]
1464020841002.png
305 KB, 389x446
>>344002632
That's a problem with your graphics drivers you fucking goon, check nvidia control panel/whatever amd uses and change the scaling options
>>
>>344003784
i figured it out. seems fine now.
>>
>>344003569
>Implying there aren't better RTS games than Brood War.

You've never played an RTS game in your life, I bet.
History lesson, there have been scores of them released between Brood War and Starcraft 2 and most of them have been agreed to be better and scored higher than Brood War.

Brood War is an amazing RTS game but it is only one of them and really, it is not even a good choice come 1999.
>>
>>344003569
Try C&C 4. I highly recommend it.
>>
full screen scaling doesn't work on mine. no scaling does but obviously that's useless.

>>344004185
>it is not even a good choice come 1999.
how am i supposed to take this seriously
>>
>>344004342
>how am i supposed to take this seriously

By fucking playing any of the games.
The interface and pathfinding are only barely above AoE and that is practically unplayable today.
Only the map makers kept playing the game in any significant number by 2000 and they all jumped ship when WC3 came out, anyway because it provided them a better experience in what they wanted to do.
>>
>>344004185
>You've never played an RTS game in your life, I bet.
i've clearly played at least one
>there have been scores of them released between Brood War and Starcraft 2
whaaaaaaat? so what you're saying is video games have been released since the late 90s? no fucking way.
>most of them have been agreed to be better and scored higher than Brood War.
by who? what the fuck are you talking about. there are 2 rts that are rated higher than starcraft. company of heroes, which isn't even in the same league and warcraft 3, which is so close to starcraft's rating that it's pointless to say one is rated higher.
>>
>>344004656
you should tots play empire earth 3
>>
File: aspect.png (53 KB, 960x711) Image search: [Google]
aspect.png
53 KB, 960x711
>>344001692
in your gpu settings look for a setting like this and set it to scale on the GPU and maintain aspect ratio.
>>
>>344004656
>metacritic ratings
>Relevant in fucking 1998.

Most people didn't even have internet my dear shortsighted friend. Starcraft was a great game but it was just that, nothing more.
It certainly never was the most high ranking RTS of all time, that is pure and utter bullshit.
AoE2 beat it on all possible fronts a year after its release.
And AoE2 itself had been bested many times over.

Heck, the only series that staid in Brood War's shadow was C&C but that's casual-core of its time.
>>
>>344004943
it's done. thank you anon.
>>
File: StarCraft_star,_Walk_of_Game[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
StarCraft_star,_Walk_of_Game[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>344005084
then what "critics" are we talking about? the ones that gave it goty awards? the ones that claim it's one of the best games of all time today? the few that didn't which would conveniently support your personal opinion despite everything else?

if anything ratings of it THESE DAYS would be more accurate since people have had more time to look back on it and digest it instead of professional journalists who have 6 other games to review by next tuesday. and the ratings of it these days has it as one of those rare games that's recognized outside of its own genre as one of the best ever period.

reality check for you "friend"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best#List

to say that it's not one of the greatest games of all time let alone one of the top rts of all time is willful ignorance. enjoy your own fart smelling opinion i guess.
>>
>>344003034
i am well truly impressed by the effort people are still willing to put into an eighteen year old game. based fucking passion
>>
File: alpha02.jpg (44 KB, 512x450) Image search: [Google]
alpha02.jpg
44 KB, 512x450
>>344006343
Go choke on Activision's dick 개새끼.
You've never even played these games like the majority of /v/ and you think you have any right to tell me shit by citing some fan wanking articles?

Really? You're just as pathetic as your opinions.
And Starcraft hasn't won a single GOTY award, just FYI. Dunno which ass you pulled those out of. Probably yours, like most of the stuff inside your head.
>>
>>344001692
You can play it in 4:3 without any mod.
>>
>>344007160
Neh gochu bal ah sheebal nom ah
>>
>>344007369
You too, anon.

Speaking of, that Starcraft obsession is but a myth created by some retards.
Yes, Starcraft did get recognized here but most people played it casually, like real people, not like robots with a billion APM.
There's a very good reason why the pros were superstars. People in the west also like their pros but does that mean they train to be just like *insert random godly pro player*? Fuck no.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.