[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be real here /v/. How did you feel when you experienced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: stillalive.png (34 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
stillalive.png
34 KB, 1024x768
Let's be real here /v/. How did you feel when you experienced this for the first time?
>>
pretty nice
>>
Pretty good. Want You Gone is better

Portal is a genuinely good series and the dumb cake meme will never make me see it as anything less.
>>
>>343991884
Well, this was a triumph
>>
>>343991884
The first time? It was like 4am the day it came out, and I was delighted. And I got sick of it by 4pm the same day.
>>
>>343992607
https://youtu.be/koLPQRpEAVU?t=515
>>
>>343991884
happy and cried a little desu
Also the song stuck with me for weeks. Even had to play it as an outro in a club. Remember this was long before all the cake is a lie lolol normie shit
>>
>implying I ever finished this overgrown tutorial/tech demo
I could sense something was wrong, and then the memes came.
>>
It was actually really good and stimulates wonderful touch, it just became a popular meme, which 4chsn hates.

Proof of this phenomenon: r9k making poo poo pee pee threads when Pepe started taking off on Facebook, effectively shooting up their already Shitty board even more
>>
>>343992775
wtf are you talking about the cake is a lie has been something normies knew about since the game was released, The Orange Box was a pretty big release
>>
File: Simpson_-_Milhouse_has_ALF_pogs.png (944 KB, 1429x1067) Image search: [Google]
Simpson_-_Milhouse_has_ALF_pogs.png
944 KB, 1429x1067
>>343991884
I played portal right when it came out and i thought it was cool since it had nvr rly been done in 3d before. The original levels are all easy though.
>>
>>343992798
Puzzles were too hard for you, I get it.
>>
>>343992978
>October 10, 2007
>normies
>video games

ok man then i'm a normie i guess
>>
>>343991884
It's kind of dark when you think about it. The intonation is somewhat sad and GLADOS is basically begging you to come back in her own way, imo
Got a similar vibe from the end of Monty Python's Life of Brian, and their Galaxy Song, where it's sort of funny but that's overshadowed or juxtaposed by the misery of the character or perspective involved
>>
>>343991884
I cried. I tend to cry when things make me happy though.
>>
>>343993224
>muh complex puzzle game
Keep guzzling Gaben's cum I'm sure he'll give you HL3 if you keep at it long enough.
>>
>>343991884
Made me laugh. It's a fun ending, no memesters or anti-memesters can ruin that.
>>
Cringe
>>
>>343991884
I felt happiness. I was in a shitty mood and hearing that for the first time made me feel a lot better.
>>
>>343991884
Triumphant
>>
File: sweat.jpg (503 KB, 275x246) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
503 KB, 275x246
now the REAL question, post yfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33jk7MXZJeU
>>
I liked it. It was a catchy song,
>>
>>343992837
>fuck le haters xD

no you idiot, it was specifically intended to be le quirky to be replicated by women and kids online, and you fell for it
>>
Knew it would become a fresh meme
>>
>>343994471
not really, no
the developers actually did have something in mind when they thought about a potential meme (which meant something completely different because this was almost a decade ago)

and that was "Hoopy the Hoop", the metal ring that falls down when you're outside aperture

they were surprised when nobody cared about it, and latched on to still alive at the level they did
>>
>tfw you were 9 years old when this came out
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.