[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this game. Did i like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: super-mario-galaxy-2-cover[1].jpg (253 KB, 500x702) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-galaxy-2-cover[1].jpg
253 KB, 500x702
Just finished this game.

Did i like it?
>>
>>343988482
You bet you loved it. One of the best games ever.
>>
Linear and mindless but I had fun I guess.

Just disappointing compared to pre-Galaxy releases.
>>
>>343988482
Yes, it's one of the best games every made.
Literally pure, unfiltered fun.
>>
>>343988482
Sorry anon, I'm afraid you didn't. Try again
>>
>>343988482
Yes
especially the underwater levels they are beautiful
>>
>>343988482
(You)
>>
>>343988482
you should know retard
>>
just about to finish it myself OP. I don't understand why everyone is so upset about how linear it is, it's a Mario game. I don't mind the spaceship Mario hub, and the level design is some of the best I've ever played, surpassed only maybe by the DKCR games, and Galaxy 1, which I still consider the absolute pinnacle of 3D platforming.
>>
>>343995409
There's two non-linear Mario games, 64 and Sunshine. They have a very large, vocal fanbase who want Nintendo to abandon linear levels.
>>
It's linear and rides off the coattails of the first way too much. It abandons all of the cohesive elements minus the level design, and gives you what might as well be NSMB in space. But everyone doesn't attribute it to this title because it doesnt have "3D" in its title.

Galaxy 1 was much better at providing an actual experience, complete with gorgeous music, atmospheric space levels, less restrictive by-the-numbers do-what-works-and-only-what-works level design, with an actual space aesthetic and a satisfying story with progression in the bosses versus what is essentially a map pack. It feels like that the whole game. You can tell they gave a shit about nothing but making it a map pack.

The best thing about it was Yoshi, which controlled better than ever with the wiimote, but was HORRIBLY underused because yoshi levels are never the first levels of a world--the ONLY mandatory levels of the entire game.

Also the special world REUSED LEVELS from earlier after all the buildup of FUCKING BULLSHIT greenstars, which mathewmatosis beautifully pointed out as taking THREE + HOURS OF YOUR LIFE FROM JUST WATCHING THE MENUS LOAD AND THE ANIMATIONS PLAY OUT. THREE HOURS JUST WAITING. FOR STUPID GREEN STARS THAT YOU CAN GET IN A FEW SECONDS.

It's unnecessary padding BULLSHIT, and it doesn't deserve a 10/10. It borrowed way too much. It's an expansion pack and it should be treated as such.
>>
Literally a 10/10 game.
It took all the fun of the first game and multiplied it by 100.

Unless you're a storybookfag OP in which case I feel sorry for you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.