[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously blizzard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: omnic crisis bastion.png (294 KB, 338x423) Image search: [Google]
omnic crisis bastion.png
294 KB, 338x423
Seriously buff bastion. It's not even funny.
He's huge, he does shit damage, he has shit health and his only competitive niche is picking off people too bored to give a fuck about playing competitively. Bastion's niche is killing n00bs. Bastion was nerfed into obscurity and insult because of his niche which was originally defeating people who do not know how to play overwatch.

This is absolutely ridiculous to be a fan of fighting robots and to suffer competitive gameplay with bastion. He is simply artificially shit for reasons I've spelt out plainly.
>>
agreed, hes a pub stomper but besides that hes total shit that gets instantly killed by anyone half-way decent
>>
There's a simple way to fix Bastion while also increasing his skill ceiling:

Increase his DPS (damage per second, not per shot) 1.1x - 1.5x, but reduce his fire rate to about 3 shots per second. Basically, turn him into a flak cannon instead of a machine turrent. This way, he can still do great damage, but he's more reliant on a given player's ability to aim and not spray. Maybe reduce his clip size too.
>>
They've stated that they don't want to because it would make the game unplayable for the shitters.
>>
File: Never second best.gif (2 MB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
Never second best.gif
2 MB, 2544x1850
>>343968109
are fucking stupid or are you trying to make bastion even worse?

Bastion's largest problem is not his damage output it's his massive size, his low armor and his ultra shit recon mode which need adjusting.

Recon mode should be as powerful as deployed mode and should be competitive and a hard counter to soldier being the kill bot soldier.

"Recon" mode which doesn't even have any form of spotting any enemies or killing them at all from range.

>>343968296
so my suffering is completely acceptable but people who will buy the game and play it once are to be pandered to?

All of my complaints and wasted time doesn't matter at all? Nice to know.
>>
How to fix bastion:
-Make his bullets projectiles that lose damage and altitude over distance
-Up the "initial" damage so he wrecks at point blank
-Give him more abilities. Seriously, coming from dota this game is painfully boring unless I'm playing mei, roadhog, or junkrat.
Everyone else is just W+LMB.
>>
>>343967773
>He does shit damage
I agree he needs a buff but his damage is not shit
>>
>>343967773
they should just give him the shield back and make his turn radius only 180 degrees.
>>
I AM MAD ABOUT BASTION AND LOSING CONSTANTLY IN COMPETITIVE

FUCK YOU I WONT CHANGE MY FAVORITE CLASS BLIZZARD BUFF BASTION
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>343967773
Is that a tau broadside?
>>
>>343968763
>Recon mode should be as powerful as deployed mode
uwotm8

That's literally the opposite of Bastion's design, and it doesn't make sense for what he is. If you wanna play a rooty-tooty-run-and-shooty character, you pick Soldier.
>>
>>343967773
>he does shit damage
You what. His damage carries him.
>>
>>343967773
they should swap bastion's ult and his m2
>>
I think they should just make his recon mode faster so he's a little better at moving positions and flanking to set up turret mode behind people.
>>
>>343967773
>he does shit damage
>>
>>343970152

A few heroes without alt fires feel like they don't have a lot to them. He could use some more utility in recon mode with a smaller grenade or something. His ult used to be some sort of remote drone that turned into a reaper blossom.

His main problem is that he's too big of a target in recon mode and he gets pushed out of sentry mode very easily. They should just have given him an ability that transforms him into a smaller transport like the tank so he can reposition rapidly with a smaller profile. Scrap the self repair unless you're in turret mode and have him slowly repair himself in a transport mode or something.
>>
File: 1466564136750.jpg (76 KB, 435x960) Image search: [Google]
1466564136750.jpg
76 KB, 435x960
>>343967773

It is a joke thread
>>
>>343967773
>Highest dps in the game
>shit damage
>>
He's just a really shit hero. All he does is sit around and shoot really fast, there's no way to get a PotG with him that actually makes the player look skilled.

He sucks hard. So boring.
>>
>>343969159
>>343968763
>>343967773
jesus christ, just off yourself already buddy. you're a complete waste of a person.
>>
>>343968109
>turrent
Kill yourself
>>
>>343968763
>so my suffering is completely acceptable
Play someone else. Easy.
>>
>>343968763
Why is it that in every Overwatch thread someone suggests a way to balance a hero and spergs like you have to flame them?

Its not that fucking serious, its just a guy giving his honest opinion.

Overwatch players are quickly becoming just as bad as league of legends's shitty community.
>>
>>343975320
Thanks for pointing it out friend, post updated!
>>
He seems like a remnant from a much more complex game. The maps are just way too simple for him to be placed in surprising and creative ways, he's just not useful without a Mercy or a Reinhardt constantly babysitting him.

I think reckon mode should have a jump pack ability with a very high cooldown, in return his heal should only be usable while he's deployed.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.