[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the most beautiful game I have ever played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: journey-game-screenshot-1-b.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
journey-game-screenshot-1-b.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
This is the most beautiful game I have ever played
>>
yeah it's pretty great.

Too bad nobody is playing on PS4 anymore.
>>
NO IT ISN'T

THIS IS THE MOST PRETENTIOUS FUCKING GAME EVER MADE! ANYONE CLAIMING IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TRULY HAS NOT PLAYED MANY GAMES!

THERE IS NOTHING DEEP ABOUT IT! THERE'S NOTHING INTERESTING IN COMING ACROSS ANOTHER PLAYER! THERE IS NOTHING CUTE ABOUT BUMPING INTO EACH OTHER! YOU ARE NOT HOLDING HANDS INTO AN EVER LASTING FEELING OF LOVE AND HAPPINESS!

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
thanks for reminding me i need to play this game
>>
>>343963367
kind of agree with bungholio here
It's like any other adventure except they remove the explicit story details and there's encounter elements. and gravestones where people died
>muh profound giem
>>
>>343962959
play the witness, then you will experience true beauty
>not wanting so bad to VR your way around the witness island
>>
>>343963367

This, but quieter.
>>
>>343963786
That looks like indie garbage and you should feel bad for having such shit taste.
>>
>>343963367
How is it acting like it's smarter than it actually is?
It's a simple game with excellent visuals, a great soundtrack, some good set pieces with some variety throughout it's 3 hour run time, an average self-contained story, some good designs for the characters, it just seems like you're overreacting because a lot of people really enjoy Journey.

What are some games YOU think are beautiful anon? Because if there are games more beautiful than Journey then would like to play them.
>>
>""""""""played"""""""""

i don't use the term 'waling simulator' as freely as other people on /v/, but if the shoe fits...
>>
>>343964201

Trine
Samorost
DKC

Those are actual beautiful games, with interesting stories and in the case of Trine and DKC, actual gameplay.
If you're talking about self-contained story, design for characters, excellent visuals and soundtrack, then I must mention Machinarium and the Samorost games, which, unlike Journey, deliver actual challenges with puzzles.

These games are not mere walking simulators
>>
>>343964330
Is there any degree of interactivity whatsoever to the game?
Then you played it.
But even I'll concede that you do an awful lot of walking without much opposition. There is a fair amount of exploration though.
>>
File: 1362782620874.png (6 KB, 365x276) Image search: [Google]
1362782620874.png
6 KB, 365x276
>>343962959
Out of all the walking simulators out there this is the only one I've truly enjoyed and upon completion actually felt like I went through a journey, even if I was artificially convinced of it, with several travelling companions, adversity in the form of the dragons and exploration of an interesting, even if barren, world.

At the end I just sat there through the "credits", genuinely smiling to no one but myself

Not many games can gauge an emotional response like that from me.
Sure it's not a game-y game or whatever, but it is an enjoyable experience, which is what matters most to me personally
>>
>>343964674

>turning pages on a book means i'm playing a book
>>
>>343964674
Trine tries to be something it's not, making it not fun at all.

DKC is too gamey, it just constantly reminds you that you're playing a video game.

Point and click games can't ever be good, they're far too simple for people with the taste of Journey.

Journey is AMAZING. Everything about it is so GOOD. The soundtrack is glorious, the graphics are amazing and will never be out of date, the physics are groundbreaking, seeing other players for the first time just makes you feel that peeing feeling. It's genuinely a great game, possibly the greatest of all time.
>>
>>343965636

meant to quote

>>343964815

Try not to be so obvious with your baiting next time. Here's your (you)
>>
>>343965656
Alright I like journey a lot but you are trying way too hard.

It's a 3 hour experience with essentially no substance. Not best game of all time material.
>>
>>343965762
>>343965656

I'm just fucking up these quotes today. Time for some sleep.
>>
>>343965762
>can't think of a rebuttal so makes lel (you) meme
>>
>>343965826
Are you kidding me? It is the only game I've been able to fully play in 16 years. I've played it maybe 20 times in the past two years alone. The atmosphere is just so comfy, the entire game is just comfy. There's nothing too dangerous, and the puzzles are easy, making the game enjoyable for everyone.
>>
>>343965762
No bait there you fucking idiot. You don't "interact" with a book when you turn it's page, interaction implies a reciprocal relationship. Once again though, /v/ never ceases to amaze me with how stupid it's analogies can get. At least it wasn't fucking food.
>>
>>343965975
>It is the only game I've been able to fully play in 16 years.
>There's nothing too dangerous, and the puzzles are easy, making the game enjoyable for everyone.

It seems anything beyond two simultaneous button presses or one press less than 3 seconds from the other is too much for you.

I can understand why you haven't enjoyed a single game in 16 years
>>
>>343964081
>he hasnt played the witness
it's a puzzle game, idiot. set in the most beautifully architected world in interactive media. And yes, it is indie "garbage".
>>
>>343965975
No, I'm not kidding you. Journey does not have many game like elements. It's puzzles are very simple and easy, which, while accessible, don't make for challenging or engaging gameplay, they're a brief and slight hindrance on your journey. The atmosphere is comfy yes, but surely you understand what I mean when I say the game lacks substance, there isn't very much "game" in the game. I've played the game through 3 times, and I fucking love it too dude, but don't act like it's better than a ton of other games with significantly more depth because of how accessible it is.
>>
>>343964201
The Long Dark is pretty beautiful and calm game.
>>
File: Long Dark Bright Morning.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Long Dark Bright Morning.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>343967209
same poster- A pic i took of the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (712 KB, 850x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
712 KB, 850x880
>>343963367
There literally isn't a single word written or spoken in the entire game.

It's all about the Journey

Also this game is probably the most beautiful game I've ever played, both from an "artsy" prospective and from a graphical one. I still remember the first time I got to that one level in the sunset when you're sort of skating down the golden glistening sand and it blew me away at how breathtakingly beautiful it was. No game since has captured that true feeling of awe like this game did.
>>
>>343968137
That one fucking shot in the sunken city level when it shows you against the sunset blows everyone away, and continues to do so with each subsequent play through. So much of the game looks like it could be ripped straight from a painting.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.