[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get Odin Sphere for my Vita or for my PS4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: odin_sphere.jpg (66 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
odin_sphere.jpg
66 KB, 854x480
Should I get Odin Sphere for my Vita or for my PS4?
>>
Whichever you prefer.
>>
Whatever you dig, turkey.
>>
>>343959438
PS3
>>
>>343959438
Vita is comfy COMFY
>>
ps2
>>
vita has no games, get it for ps4
>>
>>343960820
PS4 has no games, get it for PS3
>>
>>343959920
This has me. Hoe is the performance? At least in comparison to the PS4 version?
>>
>>343961475
it suffers when there's alot of stuff going on, notably during the airship battles and/or when you use alot of potions at once.
>>
Wait for PC MASTER RACE port.
>>
>>343961475
They run almost exactly the same. Although it still won't run as smoothly as the PS4 version sometimes.
>>
you can play the ps4 copy on your vita unless you actually want to leave the house
>>
>>343961774
Almost like the PS2 version then?
>>343961890
I can live with that.

I guess that I'll get it for my Vita, I love to pace around my apartment.
>>
I bought it for PS4 because of Storybook edition. I'm gonna get it for Vita too, eventually.

Of course everything looks a lot smaller on Vita screen. But If you want it for maximum comfy then get it for Vita.
>>
File: 1464740992119.jpg (274 KB, 721x887) Image search: [Google]
1464740992119.jpg
274 KB, 721x887
>>343961881
Exquisite master race begging. I enter Vanillaware threads just for this.
>>
PS4, but it is pretty comfy on Vita and is sufficient enough.

>>343963204
Now, now. Let's not start console wars in a comfy Odin Sphere thread.
>>
>>343959438
I'd recommend grabbing a PS4 Storybook edition if you can still find one, the hardcover artbook is nice as shit.

The game looked beautiful on my PS4, and the framerate only got fucked if I spammed absurd amounts of attack potions at bosses/minibosses
>>
>memecedes
>>
>>343962937

I hear the PS2 was pretty bad but I don't think the Vita version is nearly that bad.
>>
Early designs
>>
PS4, because then you can use remote play with your vita senpai.
>>
>>343961774
I've been playing it pretty often on my Vita and there are drops on occasions of big particle effects but that's usually like when you kill someone or something so it actually kinda adds to the experience if you think a bout it a certain way
>>
>>343963647

HERE WE...GO!
>>
>>343963664
The PS2 version had some performance issues whenever there was too much stuff going on.
>>343963618
Actually, a small indie shop in my town has it. I might just grab it.
>>
>>343962937
>>343961475
I have never encountered bad performance. The thing is that everytime you kill an enemy it creates a slowmotion effect, in vita or ps4, so a lot of people confuse that with a slowdown or bad framerate.
>>
>>343963647
>edgewald
>>
>>343963897
That slow down the moment when you beat a boss is a recurring thing in VW games it seems. Muramasa and Dragon's Crown also have it.

>>343963939

Yeah but the US PS2 version in particular had it the worst. I hear the Europe and Japanese releases fared better.
>>
>playing Oswald's story
>get to the dual Halja battle
>keep losing
How do I get good with Oswald?
>>
>>343959438

1080p vs 512p. Tough choice.
>>
>>343964502
I think I ended up depending on Potions for that fight. Was that one also in the dark?

I just finished it yesterday. Holy shit. This brought me the same kind of joy that I used to have back in the SNES area. Just pure fun. Gonna try out NG+.
>>
>>343964502

Personally I found the Halja to be pretty easy since their tells are pretty obvious.

>>343964715

One of the boss fights in his story is a dual halja fight.
>>
>>343964715
Nah, this one is on the battlefield in the ruins of Valentine or whatever. It's a pretty early boss fight so I don't have a ton of skills yet.
>>
>>343964865
They do have really big tells but for some reason everytime I avoid one I'm ending up where the other is right about to attack. Maybe I'm still just too used to playing as Mercedes and flying around.
>>
>>343965135

You oughta take advantage of Oswalds ability to warp around short distances. You can use that to get behind them.

You're probably already doing this but potions can really help. I liked juggling an enemy and then using Vile Rush while their in mid air.

Shine potions can help stun and give you openings to hit enemies. I found myself underestimating them when I was starting out.
>>
>>343962937
No not PS2 bad.

>>343964031
The slowdown is real. Like others said it's noticeable during the airship battles. It's not a constant slowdown but it happens. Especially if you use Cornelius' tornado attack for some reason.
>>
>>343965531
>I liked juggling an enemy and then using Vile Rush while their in mid air.
You can use potions in the air? I never knew that
>>
>>343966174
Oh no, you can't but I'd overload the enemy with cyclones, volcanoes and attack while that's going and then do all that stuff.
>>
Ps4 and remote play on Vita. I play on tv during the day and vita when on bed.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.