[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of Porky's going off the deep end can be blamed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 123x88) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 123x88
How much of Porky's going off the deep end can be blamed on Giygas corrupting him?
>>
Probably a lot.
>>
it can be tracked to aloysius and lardna too, he had a hard life.
>>
I don't think very much, honestly. He was a little shit since the beginning of Earthbound, and even though he got progressively worse, I think that was more on him than Giygas. Most people under Giygas's influence seemed to just be crazy, but Porky always seemed pretty lucid, like he was choosing to follow Giygas rather than under any sort of influence.

His craziness in Mother 3 is probably a mix of his awful personality and having been around for so damn long.
>>
Was porky wrong?
>>
He was a dork that turned into a sociopath. I think the idea was to show how somebody can turn into an evil fucker due to circumstance. Porky had a shitty upbringing and was an awkward, friendless brat. Serving Giygas probably fed his resentment of others, and once he learned Giygas had lost his mind, came to the conclusion he was the only thing in the world that mattered.

He's like the worst case scenario of a bullied kid. At least he got a happy ending, though.
>>
I agree with the anon above that Porky was always a selfish, self-absorbed asshole. A bratty kid. And the result of giving someone with the mind of a bratty selfish kid nearly unlimited power and immortality meant that things were never going to go well.

I guess maybe in the sense that he got to live so long because Giygas, but I think Porky was always Porky.
>>
Most of it is because of his dipshit parents
>>
He wasn't insane, he's just a massive prick.

As others have said he wasn't really being influenced, see the time after you beat the Grand Wizard of Blue and he tells you to suck a dick, he was an asshole who saw an opportunity to get power and grabbed for it. His parents reflect his sense of entitlement to something he never had any right to(hurr your dad owes me like a hundred thousand dollars lol).
>>
>>343938732
>Happy ending
anon, did you even play the game?

>>343938412
This
>>
>Mother 2/EB
>Proky is literally around Ness' age
>Mother 3
>Porky is old as hell

How many years does Mother 3 take place after M2/EB?
>>
File: 1464646650729.jpg (152 KB, 589x885) Image search: [Google]
1464646650729.jpg
152 KB, 589x885
>>343938505
porky did absolutely nothing wrong at all
>>
>>343939254
10 fucking thousand years of time travel
>>
>>343939382
Time traveling won't really affect your age(Chrono Trigger and Axl from Guity Gear are examples where they travel from past, present, and future and they don't age).

Guess Porky traveled a bit in time and settled somewhere for a good 40-60 years
>>
>>343939212

It's happy for him. Says so at the very end, after the credits.
>>
>>343937667
A lot I think, the sad thing is Ness still thought of Porky as a friend, in magicant you can find Porky and Ness seems to think that he's friends with him.

Millions of years of time travel probably doesn't help either.

Also, Earthbound/Mother thread?

Post your favorite:
>Game
>Area
>Character
>Music
>>
>>343939831
>Earthbound
>Onett
>Ness
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mw22K14EMg

I BELIEVE THE MORNING SUN
>>
I like the theory that it was pokey who corrupted gigyas
>>
Porky is Giygas
>>
>>343939831
mother 3
NPC
Jeff-Duster
when i feel sad; It's Over, Love Theme (Reprise)
when i am pretty good; Hard Rain
>>
>>343939687
In the Mother universe its supposed to be time traveling fucks your body up. Its why Ness and company were robots when they fought Giygas.
>>
>>343939193
>hurr your dad owes me like a hundred thousand dollars lol
explain
>>
>>343939831
>Mother 1
>Osohe Castle
>Pippi and her massive gainz
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga_RF_mRZKw
>>
>>343942109
Ness's parents owe money to Porkey's, it's said at their house in the beginning of the game.
>>
>>343939831

>EB
>Twoson
>Runaway Five
>Runaway Five theme

Every game should have a blues band that has your back.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.