[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How abusive were you towards your games/consoles as a kid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 290x174
How abusive were you towards your games/consoles as a kid?
>>
>>343935253

tipped a curry into my ps1
>>
>>343935253
I got furious whenever someone would touch the backside of the disc with their fingers instead of picking it up by the hole.
>>
>>343935253
I left discs out a lot, always face-down mind you, still had a little bit of sense.
>>
>>343935253
well not me but when I was younger I had a 5 year old sister who would use my DS... played it with dirty fingers and threw it around a lot... well one day she threw it on the ground and broke it so I was done with her shit and sprayed her eyes with pepper spray and now she's blind
>>
>>343935253
Not in the slightest.
Well... Except towards my poor SNES....
Years ago while still happily playing with PS2, i decided to be nice towards my relatives and gave away my SNES to some cousins. They forgot it outside their house after i brought it to them while visiting them with my grand parents. The poor console and the two games it had sat on top of a pile of two by fours inside a plastic bag through a summer and a winter until they remembered that they had it. They then plugged it in and discovered that it was broken and threw it away.
It was then that i decided to hoard my vidya.
Not a single disc or machine leaves this house unless i am moving or i have died.
I still like my aunts family despite that occurrence.
>>
File: image.png (43 KB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43 KB, 300x197
>that kid who would pull the disc straight out of the GameCube
>>
>>343935253

I scratched them like my mom would scratch my back with a coat hanger.
>>
File: concern.jpg (50 KB, 608x648) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
50 KB, 608x648
>>343937979
Are you okay, Anon?
>>
I used to hit the N64 with the controller whenever I died, I'd take out and scratch the ps1 Spider-Man CD with my nubby fingernails whenever I died to carnage because I thought the game would learn something from being actively damaged and become easier.
>>
>>343938210

I am now, though I do still have trouble walking.
>>
>>343937816
?

as opposed to what? getting a claw toy and taking the disc out?
>>
sometimes i'd take scissors and cut discs i no longer cared about so that they'd resemble buzzsaw blades.

then i'd throw them like ninja stars at people or things.
>>
I kicked my old PC everytime it froze or took too much time to load a map.
>>
>>343936451
Face up is better than face down. Face down is just asking for scratches. Face up will just accumulate dust which is easily cleaned up
>>
>>343938919
You press the button in the middle
>>
File: UNLEASH THE FURY.png (481 KB, 692x632) Image search: [Google]
UNLEASH THE FURY.png
481 KB, 692x632
>that kid who put the disc on the floor shiny side down
>that kid who put the game in the wrong case

>that one time I visited my cousins, and brought my Gamecube with me, and various family members kept stepping on the power cable and unplugging it while we were playing, 5 times in one day
>>
File: 12.png (64 KB, 330x285) Image search: [Google]
12.png
64 KB, 330x285
>that one kid who unwrapped his wired controller by letting the controller freefall from wire
>>
>>343939292
But discs have more protection on the bottom than the top.
>>
>>343939526

>That kid who wrapped his controllers up in their own wires.
>>
A classmate borrowed my Warcraft III disc and when I got back he had scratched a message into it.
>>
>>343935253
i wasnt. i treated them like they were family relics
>>
>>343935253
I broke my first gameboy, pretty sure it was during a Darkwing Duck session.

I learnt my lesson well though, I didn't destroy anything gaming related after that.
>>
>>343935253
I used to pile up PS1 discs on the desk.
That's all.
I tried everything i could to maintain my consoles in a functioning state. Some months ago I even bought a new rotor for my ps1 because the old one had the CD support ruined and the discs were getting readed 1/4 the time.
>>
Who else fell for the "scratch repair kit" scam? Fucking shit never worked
>>
>>343940473
I fell for the toothpaste meme.
>>
I always take care of my electronics. I have never dropped my phone before. All my CDs are flawless without any scratches. You can trust me to hold your baby because I won't let myself repeat the same mistake my doctor did.
>>
>>343940473
But it did work, you just had to do it right and you could only do it a limited number of times before you dug too deep
>>
>>343939292
>put disc shiny side up
>dust, dirt, hair, fingerprints, etc. fall on it, ruin the disc
>put disc shiny side down
>only gets ruined if you're a retard and slide it along the surface

I hope you're just pretending to be retard.
>>
>>343940767
It worked for me with a DVD. Or at least I think it did.
>>
>>343939909
been 11 minutes and nobody has asked
what did it say anon?
>>
>>343935253

Never had the cases for any of my games. My parents would just toss them like they would the boxes for any other toy and leave me with the disc/cart. I tried to take care of them regardless, but my shit sister kept taking them and doing who fucking knows what with them, and they'd all eventually be unplayable.
>>
>>343941118
>PURGE
>>
>>343941118
I'm not sure anymore. I think it was just "LOL" or something like that.
>>
File: SOMETIMES I JUST NEED TO PURGE.jpg (200 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
SOMETIMES I JUST NEED TO PURGE.jpg
200 KB, 600x300
>>343941226
goddammit I kek'd

>>343941468
>not 'play me'
what a cunt of a friend though, I let a friend borrow my Gameboy Advance SP and when I got it back it looked like a dog chewed on it and he said he dropped it down the stairs by accident
shit looked like it was chewed up inside and out though, it still worked there were just scratches all over it
I have no idea what really happened to it
>>
I was super gentle, all of my shit still works, even n64 controllers. How someone can be rough with shit that is expensive, important, and fragile is beyond me. Spoiled little fuck bags
>>
I remember watching my big bro play C&C 1 on our old toaster. My brother would rise the game speed and we would laugh. After maybe 10 days of playing with high game speed we heard the disk stuttering and it sounded like a shredder. We then saw the CD which was basically shattered and a few parts were in the computer.

Shit scared us and I would dream about playing C&C. The PC would become loud instanly. I would plug out the PC but it would still run. It exploded and I woke up.
>>
>>343935253
I threw my gba at the wall once when a shiny geodude exploded in my face.
>>
>Literally 1 (one) scratch on the disc
>Wouldn't read anymore
>>
>>343935253
Not at all because I wasn't born with autism
>>
>>343939292
>visit cousins
>hey cousin let's play this game
>"okay anon I just have to find it"
>opens the correct case
>not in there
>open another case
>not in there
>spend the next 30 minutes going on a hunt through all of his games
>don't find it
>go home

fuck people like that
>>
>>343935253
I would mash buttons repeatedly when I got mad at a game, but I wouldn't risk breaking anything.
>>
>>343936541
Lol bitch deserved it
>>
>>343942185
i had a friend relay the same kind of story, only the disc fucking shattered as the drive was opening, sending shards not only into the drive and computer but out across the room as well

man the worst i have had a PC fail on me was when i was playing Theme Park, my old CRT monitor sparked, smoked, and turned back on but zoomed into the bottom right quarter of the screen and in black and white

i sat amazed until it started sparking again and i yanked the power cable

had that monitor for probably a good 15 years altogether. jumping from that to a fairly good LCD screen was quite the change
>>
>>343935253
Not my friend's fault, but his brother's fault

>be 14
>take Street Fighter 4 over to friend's house
>i let him borrow it for a week
>i go over to his house to pick it up
>Same condition I gave it to him in
>we decided to play a couple matches before o went home with it
>his older brother and his douche bag friends eject disc from PS3
>snap it in front of our faces laughing, not realising it was actually mine
>shouting dumb douche bag things down the corridors
>friend cried over broken disc on floor
>forgave him for it
>told both his parents and my parents what his brother did
>brother clearly pretending to be sorry, calling me a faggot under his breath
>his parents heard it, and took his computer and phone away
>a day or so later, he threw a rock at my window and kicked our dog in the ribs

Older brothers, even if you don't have one you know they're huge piles of shit.
>>
File: 129791361354.jpg (12 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
129791361354.jpg
12 KB, 306x306
I set my copy of Sonic 06 on fire.
>>
>>343944104
You didn't lose a single penny.
>>
>>343935253
I wasn't. I was too poor to afford to break shit so i took care of my stuff. That's why i find it mind boggling when people just break shit and say they'll just get another one.
>>
I've snapped alot of discs in half out of anger and to spite my parents. Boy, I was a piece of shit.
>>
>>343938210
She was trying to fish him out, but Anon was stubborn.

I babied everything that I owned. I wasn't born into a family of wealth. If my parents got me a gift you bet your fucking ass I took great care of it. I still have my NES, Sega Genesis, SNES that were bought for the entire family. I bought all the consoles that I wanted after those and I treat them really well. I never understood how someone could let that happen to a disc. That is grounds for a beating.
>>
>>343943959
So he was a sociopath?
>>
I've always taken care of my electronics, but Nintendo handhelds' L+R buttons always seem the quickest to go. At least they're pretty simple to fix but back when I was a kid, it meant a whole new system was needed.
>>
Put all of my game disks on the floor, didn't bother putting them back in.

Invited a friend over, and we would slide all over the discs. It got so bad to the point where I only had 1 or 2 games out of 40 to play, since the rest were scratched to impracticality.
>>
>>343943959
That's a sick motherfucker, the kick to your dog would have made me crazy. My father would have probably kicked his ass hard.
>>
>>343943959
>I am the older brother
>never did anything like this.

Sounds like just a shit person anon.
>>
>>343945916
Seemed so. He had to go to discipline lessons, military school, etc after all the things he did to people.

>>343946136
My father called the police, and because he given 6 months community service. Turned out that same day he damaged other people's property because they were also people that got him into trouble or just didn't like.
>>
>>343943959
Give me his full name, and any aliases that you know.
>>
>>343935253

I broke a 360 controller over a Burnout trial.

Shit was wack as fuck, it was where you sent your car into traffic and tried to cause a certain amount of damage in a certain amount of time.

I spent like 2 hours on it, I was so fucking pissed I snapped the joystick off.
>>
My controllers were gross as fuck full of food.
My discs were generally alright.
>>
>>343946136
I have an older brother and I'm an older brother as well. My older brother beat me all the time, until I was stronger than he was. I never beat on my younger brother. Some people are shit stains. I would beat that fucker within an inch of his life. I've always hated bullies and always will.
>>
I was nice to my stations until my PS2 started acting up. I ended up whacking it to death.
>>
>>343939292

this>>343939526
all the info is written on the label part, the shiny side is all protection, that's why those resurfacing tools work, they just scrape off the scratched layer.
>>
>>343943959
Goddamn I feel bad for the little brother. He clearly cared deeply about your friendship. I hope you guys are still friends. Did anyone wipe his shit-stain of a brother off the planet?
>>
>>343935253
I wasn't, but my younger brother would always take a shit in my SNES cartridge slot back when he was like two years old.
>>
File: Blain.png (482 KB, 687x860) Image search: [Google]
Blain.png
482 KB, 687x860
i used to smack my NES until it worked

this also worked for the old knob tuner TV back then

you could fix anything back then with a swift wack
>>
>>343947560
I had a tv I had to smack once in a while because it would not turn on. Good ol' days.
>>
>>343935253
I left my GBA in a Mandee's and it wasn't there when I went back.

Upon reflection I probably should have checked the lost and found or something. Instead I just sighed about it and went without it until the DS came out.
>>
>>343946907
I won't give any details on the older brother, mainly because he has improved over the years. All I know is that he joined the army after military school, and he's doing alright.

>>343947539
I'm still in contact with my old friend. We Skype often, and we play a lot on PC and PS4. The last time I visited him was NYC Comic Con 2014.
>>
>>343935253
I treated my games like gems since my family were poorfags and I only got 2 a year, 3 if I made A's and B's.
>>
>>343941038
How about putting the disk in it's fucking case?
>>
>rent game
>dislike it
>scratch it like op pic related
>get another game for free
: )
>>
put glitter all over n64 and my clear purple controller. lost expansion pak cover because i thought the red looked cool
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.