[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I heard that Age of Decadence is very good. Why did they choose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
I heard that Age of Decadence is very good.
Why did they choose 3d graphics though?
It looks like Neverwinter Nights, which is 14 years old and as all early 2000s games aged horribly.
>>
>>343908338
>It looks like Neverwinter Nights
Holy shit have you even PLAYED NWN?
The graphics arent the best, yes, but man, NWN was blocky as fuck.
>>
>>343908338
>I heard that Age of Decadence is very good.
Very good roleplaying, I wouldeven risk saying it's the best RPG in terms of actuall roleplaying to date.

It's pretty faulty in other areas, I did enjoy the combat though, it gives you just enough options and is challenging enough to be fun.

>Why did they choose 3d graphics though?
They started with Torque engine before Unity was a thing and it was too late to switch later on.

Looks better.

>which is 14 years old
AoD was in development for 10 years, go figure.
>>
>>343908338
>Why did they choose 3d graphics though?
to satisfy graphic whores (a decade ago) and because the lead guy thought 2d isometric wouldn't sell.
>>
>>343908338
Aimed attack to the head with a falchion: the game.
>>
File: 084746.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
084746.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>343908338
you are exaggerating.
>>
>>343910996
>implying
Arterial strikes are superior for most weapons if you level CS.
>>
I've tried playing Assassin, but I have no idea how to distribute my stats and skills

what should I opt for? Dodge, Dagger and CS?

No social skills whatsoever? It feels lacking, and I've died 3 times already in that little ambush in the hovel
>>
>>343911675
Your main skills should be Critical Strike, Daggers, Dodge and Sneak. Then save up some points and use them when necessary to succeed in checks.

The easiest way to play this game is to have a constant pool of skill points that you can expend depending on the situation.
>>
>>343912124
Appreciate it, anon. Thanks.
>>
>>343910920

they still going with 3d shit in their new game though.
>>
>>343912124
Sneak isn't even necessary.

Disguise is a nice alternative.
>>
>>343912532
They're a small studio. You are insane if you think they would be able to pull off actually good looking 2D. At best you would end up with pixelshit on the level of Bastard Bonds, but even that consumes shitloads of time and effort and Vince isn't the kind of guy to blow his budget and manhours on graphics.
>>
File: 2016-02-29_00001.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-29_00001.jpg
411 KB, 1920x1080
>inb4 some faggot starts complaing about not enough skill points
>>
File: aod2.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
aod2.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
You're right OP they should have stuck with these graphics.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.