[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The great debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: rarara.jpg (98 KB, 602x428) Image search: [Google]
rarara.jpg
98 KB, 602x428
well??????
>>
HL2, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>343902990
:(
>>
>>343902898
>a good game vs move backwards while firing with a shitty Duke Nukem ripoff character

How is that a great debate
>>
>>343902898
HL2 got worse in gameplay
Serious Sam got better in gameplay
HL2 was overly cinematic, tech-demo bullshit. Serious Sam II was not

It's not that hard.
>>
>>343902898
They're totally different games and directly comparing them is pointless.
/thread
>>
>>343902990
Are you serious?
>>
File: 1463356567190.gif (103 KB, 603x785) Image search: [Google]
1463356567190.gif
103 KB, 603x785
>>343903709
Congrats. We now know you only played not even 3 minutes of SS2. Astounding.
>>
>Serious Sam 2 of all Serious Sam games
>>
>>343903709
how could you not have fun playing serious sam?
>>
>>343902898
serous sam is garbage. terrible level design, crap multiplayer.

HL2 is far batter
>>
>serious sam 2

Is OP serious?
>>
>>343903802
you got the names backwards there, sonny jim.
>>
>>343904247
Easily if it's Serious Sam 2.
>>
I haven't played much of SS but isn't the second one the least liked in the series?
>>
>>343902898
I never liked either. And yet I'm still a big PC FPS guy.

Unreal Tournament, Killing Floor, hell even Crysis was more fun.
>>
Wouldn't it make more sense to compare Doom 3 to HL2?
>>
>>343904437
To be fair you aren't wrong. Serious Sam 2 is the the worst in the series. But I still think it's a fun game.
>>
>>343902898

One of these games does not a more than an hours worth of unskippable cutscenes.

By virtue of that fact alone it is the better game.
>>
>>343902898

>Serious Sam 2

Dude. It's an alright game, but literally any other game excluding Serious Sam Advance would have been a better comparison.

And they wouldn't have been a good comparison then because they're completely different types of games. I'm saying this as someone who considers both the Half Life series and Serious Sam series as my joint favourite series.
>>
>>343902898
SS was decent but, can't simply match up to HL2
>>
Serious question. Is Serious Sam 2 worth getting? Loved 1 and 3 and will probably get 2 for the sake of more Serious Sam, but what are the major issues people seem to have with it?
>>
>>343905053
It's consoleshit. Just wait for serious sam 4 or for another 90% sale.
>>
>>343905053

It tends to have a bit of the lel randum xD humour, and features actual pre and post mission cutscenes with a generic story. The actual gameplay is solid, if a bit too cartoony. Gnars are reduced to comic relief, and there's no intractable NETRICSA.
>>
>>343904550
Yes. I've seen that argument tons of times. It's usually a pretty good discussion.
>>
They're aiming for two completely different things. One's an arcadey arena shooter where you just fight tons of enemies, and the other's a more linear, narrative-driven shooter with an emphasis on physics.
>>
>>343905053
>>343905270

What I'm saying is if you can find it dirt cheap on a Steam sale, then there's no reason not to. General series storywise, I feel SS2 is no longer part of the main series canon.
>>
>>343905053
It's different, so it sucks.

They went full cartoonish with SS2 (the story feels a lot like an actual cartoon), and comes with its share of cutscenes with hilariously poor animation and a few cringeworthy jokes, but gameplay wise it's pretty much what you'd expect from a Serious Sam game. It does have its share of flaws: NETRICSA is now not!Cortana, there's a couple of (very short) sections with out of place shit like turret sections and NPC defense and some of the enemy designs are the kind of dumb that's nothing more than, well, dumb, instead of quirky but memorable (rugby lizards, zombie stockbrokers).

It does, however, have the series' usual arena game, a large variety of environments (which look really good, by the way) and enemies and a ton of content. Seriously, the singleplayer campaign is very long for an FPS. I had more problems with SS3 than I ever had with SS2.

tl;dr it's definitely worth getting
>>
>>343904082
SS is circlestrafing:the game tho
>>
>>343905216
>>343905270
>>343905394
>>343906019
Thanks for the replies! Will wait for the next sale to get it then.
>>
Serious Sam 2 has better driving sections and less standing-around-listening-to-exposition sequences so it gets my vote.
>>
Why the fuck did they add blue ewoks in SS2?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.