[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planetside 2? Never seen a thread before Lets get a mic ps2 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: images(9).jpg (7 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
images(9).jpg
7 KB, 273x184
Planetside 2?
Never seen a thread before
Lets get a mic ps2 thread going
Invited: TR, NC
Not invited: VS(BS)
Also: anyone playing TR on cobalt?
>>
u have major aspergers my man try sniffing my fucking cock?
>>
>>343896368
Planetside threads typically don't last on /v/, too many salty people that got fragged immediately after starting and now say the game is pay2win.

I play TR on Emerald, about to hit BR 92.
>>
>>343896425
i agree with this post
>>
>>343896446
>ive spent thousands of hours/dollars on this trash game
>btw its not pay2win
please refer to
>>343896425
>>
>>343896561
The game is not pay2win.
I can create a new account right now at BR1 and 0 Directive and still go toe to toe with an MLG VS HA tryhard at BR 120 and 3k+ directive score.
>>
>>343896368
>>
>>343896446
Havent played in a few months. Is Emerald TR still overpopped or are we back to hopelessness once more?

>>343896561
It's a free game m8. You can max out the main infantry class in like a week if you know how to play. Vehicles take longer.
>>
>>343896657
>this game is not pay2win even though you can pay real money for direct upgrades
why do you spergs exist
>>
good games. I stopped playing because after 11 pm the server literally becomes 60% VS gooks
>>
>>343896368
PS2 went from an abortion to a jumbled mess of abortions.

There were a number of problems at launch:
>1 Continent
>Too damn many bases on that continent.
>Bases too open combined with HE vehicle weapons too good at mowing down infantry, while still being quite capable of killing vehicles.
>KotH base capture. With the primary strategic descision being which gate generator do we try to explode first.
>Hacking remove, making infiltrator purely sniper/spy bullshit class.
>DOORS removed, so except for one type of base, their control points are entirely unguarded.

Seriously, there were like 4-5 different tactics that could be used to capture a base in the original.
Here, it's just zerg the point(s) until one side gives up.

Construction just made everything worse.
>>
>>343896446
Ever notice how the only retards that defend this pay2win trash are the idiots that spend $700 on it and have 2000 hours in it? ever notice how these retards immediately spout some irrelevant "ur just bad" bullshit when someone calls them a retard?
Ever notice how they immediately deny spending real money on a free game when you call them out on being the kind of pay2win retard that this game is marketed to
>>
IT'S SO FREE GUYS. Please download and play Planetsideā„¢ 2. It's FREE and NOT PAY TO WIN. I repeat NOT PAY TO WIN. Did I mention it's completely absolutely FREE?
>>
>>343896860
You can not pay money for direct upgrades. All of the weapons are side grades, and certifications can not be purchased.

There's even an update coming next to cater towards you, lots of things are going to be unlocked by default now, so now you can literally be equal to other players and they can still wreck you so you can ragequit immediately.

>>343897068
Just trying to spread facts. And woe is me for enjoying a game a lot, there's literally no other shooters of this scale
>>
>>343896860
I'm not gonna pretend like it's innocent of P2W, but I played it for free for two years before deciding to throw some cash at the game and support it. It's just a very grindy free Battlefield, and if that's what you want there's plenty to enjoy.
>>
>>343896837
>>343896954
Population seems to be mostly balanced now, at least on my server.
Right now its 32 VS 34 TR 34 NC
>>
>>343897235
It's the only shooter of this scale because other companies were bright enough to realize that such a game is bound to be a fucking snoozefest with 90% of the map completely empty and 2-3 blobs zerging each other until one side gets tired of their silky smooth 2 fps cinematic experience and switches continents to stealth cap the whole thing while the other retards are sitting on the old continent and waving their dicks around.
>>
>>343897235
You actually can pay for upgrades, they let you buy foregrips and stuff with cash these days.

Buying weapons definitely gives you an advantage. You're meant to unlock more as you play. But the starter weapons are almost always tied for best in class. I have over 3000 kills with the T1 Cycler.
>>
>>343897235
>All of the weapons are side grades,
>sidegrade rockets that do twice as much damage, reload twice as fast, have twice as much ammo and fly twice as fast
>the downside is they lock on to their targets as well
the entire ps2 playerbase are mentally deranged fucks like this guy and gooks that just spend real money to build 15 bases on the edge of the map and instantly win the game despite holding 10% of the territory
>>
>>343897779
The fuck are you talking about. The lock-on rockets all do less damage than dumbfires.
>>
>>343897352
> It's pay2win shovelware and if that's what you want there's plenty to enjoy.
no?
>>
>>343897068
dead on the money, when the only people that say this game isn't pay2win shovelware are the same delusional faggots that play this fucking garbage religiously and just coincidentally "throw some money @ it 2 support the devs ;))" you know its nexon tier pay2win bland trash with nothing redeeming about it whatsoever
>>
>>343897886
Yeah. I had a lot of fun before finally burning out and playing other games. The gunplay is reminiscent of Bad Company 2, and I'm a sucker for the persistent faction stuff.

It's definitely a game where you have to take responsibility for your experience though, and a lot of people can't handle that.
>>
Did anyone play the PlanetSide 1 finale before it closed a few days ago?

It was nostalgic as fuck, I almost cried at the end
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.