[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Riot Games so terrified of Overwatch? I thought League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: survey.png (825 KB, 837x912) Image search: [Google]
survey.png
825 KB, 837x912
Why is Riot Games so terrified of Overwatch? I thought League of Legends was the most popular game in the world.
>>
>>343889924
KEK I love seeing them sweat. I hope they will start improving their game soon instead of removing things people enjoy about it.
like finding alternative builds for champions that arent intended but are cool as fuck
>>
League is dieing.

A bunch of people haven't been able to log on at all and they have not fixed it for 4 days. That shit is just unbelievable. And the queue times are incredible as well. Wait 30 minutes to get into a game? People are just going to play something else instead.
>>
Glad to see LoL finally dying while Dota is still on top.
>>
There was literally no reason to remove team builder. Why not leave team builder for normals and have the new dynamic queue for ranked?
>>
>>343890513
>ap taric
>ap trist
>ap yi
WHY
>>
>>343889924
They are scared as fuck overwatch is even taking over LoL as most played in korea mang
>>
File: 2c7b9ffbfda1076b3462e6cab655f658.jpg (663 KB, 3800x2300) Image search: [Google]
2c7b9ffbfda1076b3462e6cab655f658.jpg
663 KB, 3800x2300
>>343889924
even kings are dethroned eventually, anon

they've been fucking up so hard for the past year to 2 with a constant deluge of shitty decisions. The last time I can remember being excited to play League were a) when URF was released and when it comes back b) when the map was updated and reskinned c) when the UI was updated, although that had a lot of bumps

they've still done next to nothing to alleviate a lot of the games core issues and they cannot seem to balance the game. The constantly leave overly strong outliers in an overpowered state for way too long
>>
>>343889924
Because overwatch is the better casual game and they've been trying to turn LoL into a full on casual game for a long time now.
>>
>>343889924
They dont care. They are owned by Tencent and know they will be shut down the moment they stop turning a profit anyway.
>>
Its another

>Riot is terrified and League will die

thread.

Remember when league was dying when Valve release DoTa 2?
Remember when league was dying when DoTa 2 released custom matches?
Remember when League was dying when all the other Mobas were announced?

And now League is dying because Overwatch temporary took away the first place in Korean Internet cafes as most played game after 4 years.

Kids i know its hard to accept but the game will not go away
>>
>>343892124

>A more hardcore game got Riot to actually attempt to work on their brazenly public Dota rip-off (Remember "No More DOTA"?)
>A more casual and mainstream appealing game about heroes is overtaking them for #1 pleb game on the market

and >>343891957 along with >>343892051 means you have a chinese money maker and not a legitimate entertainment service that will shut down instead of letting it run it's course because it's all about jewing.
>>
>>343889924
>most popular game in the world
>having to viewbot their streams to seem big
>>
>>343889924
>in-game voice chat in league

P M S L, my throat would be coarse after 2 matches
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
>>343889924
>the only important Overwatch feature
>>
>>343889924
>its another this game is dying please buy overwatch shill thread
please leave
>>
>>343892124
Remember when League was actually pushed off the top by those other games?
oh wait
>>
>>343891527
> makes fun of league for dying
> praises dota
Umm, anon. There's a difference between a dying game and a dead game
>>
>>343892927
Dota had voice chat for years and Riot didn't care. The moment Overwatch comes out they suddenly ask for the opinion of their players.
This shows they don't see Dota as their competitor. It will remain an irrelevant game.
>>
>>343892124
>10 Riot Points have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>343891427
The game will probably be better with less plebs playing it desu
>>
>>343891427
Riot is not known for fixing things fast.

The Panda Media Booster thing that made many people disconnect was fixed after 3 years
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.