[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please give tips on beating Frog Prince in Witcher 3....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
Yes, I know Frog Prince is from first expansion, not blood and wine
-spent entire weekend on this
-changed build 5 times, first trying to use very high igni (armor melting quality), then high Axii to try to lull it to sleep, have watched 10+ videos of people doing it on yt, I simply cannot.
-beginning to think it's some sort of game error, bc have never had this sort of situation with any boss character in any game

Any advice please, anyone?
>>
>>343877680
Hit it until it dies.
Also, git gud.
>>
File: 1467605459392.jpg (501 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1467605459392.jpg
501 KB, 1024x683
>>343877680
Okay only think you need to beat the Frog Prince is to Get Gud.
>>
golden oriole and it should die at once.
>>
Just roll like a motherfucker and wait until he stops jumping around then hut him twice, it's boring as fuck
>>
>>343877680
>he doesn't know about the mortar traps
>>
>>343877680
git gud
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8 KB, 228x221
>>343877680
Use igni, dodge and git gud.
>>
>>343877680
Oh yeah, definitely a bitchy boss. Abuse Quen and particulary the variant allowing you to regen health if your shield's up
>>
File: blackcartoonmetal.gif (113 KB, 400x362) Image search: [Google]
blackcartoonmetal.gif
113 KB, 400x362
>drink an Archgriffin Decotion + Tawny Owl
>use target log-on
>Quen the fuck up
>dash away from his spits
>be fast & do one or two heavy strikes at him
>back away when Quen breaks
>repeat

Managed to beat with that him on Deathmarch! on the third try or so. Doesn't actually take long, since the Archgriffing Decotion raises your damage considerably.
>>
File: _20160704_052227.jpg (261 KB, 1440x1793) Image search: [Google]
_20160704_052227.jpg
261 KB, 1440x1793
>>343877680
Literally trap him with yrden, then toss a northern wind bomb while he's stunned for like 3 seconds, then hit him with your sword. How can you be this bad OP?
>>
>>343877680
>Frog
>Difficult

You can abuse alchemy build against it. There are some bullshit Decotions you can use but don't ask me which ones, I hate pure alchemy builds.

I remember I had problems too, definitely tanky boss. I used shit ton of bombs - I guess Samum and Northern Wind are pretty good. Spammed Quen every other moment.

Mind that I have some basic Alchemy (Refreshment), so when I ran out healing potions and Thunderbolt, I mixed White Honey with some other potions.

Wait until you get to other bosses in HoS and "main boss" of BaW - hope you like OHK attacks.
>>
I am decently good at game, have been on death march level, just causing through pretty much, and then came to this motherfucker. Maybe the way I've been fighting (too much sword parrying, not relying on sword) caught up with me...but must have gone against him 50+ times, changed build a bunch of times, each time I get close...it's almost like the fucker learns from each attempt and then changes his tactics.

Let me try again. Anon recommending arch griffin, any specific build you use? i.e., more axii or more...something?

Also, realized I somehow managed not to get curse oil (probably bc I had to kill Keira for robbing me after I fucked her) so now I really regret that piece of ass...
>>
>>343878146
>How can you be this bad OP?
this is the odd thing. I'm not bad at this game, have been breezing through on death march level...this motherfucker, for whatever reason...I had him down to just about dead just by burning with Igni and then at last minute he got out of it and crushed me.

This is harder than any dark souls fight I ever had, least for me. Not sure where I'm going wrong. At this point, if one of you lived near me, would pay $50 to just beat it for me and get me past this fucker. ruined my entire 3 day weekend.
>>
Seems I'm not only one....target lock isn't working for anyone on ps 4 in expansion,which is fucking everyone's shit up:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/357287304439503863/
>>
>>343879007
Holy shit anon, 3 days?

Although I had similar problem with Ancient Dragon in DaS II. I had to take a month to cool down and beat him. It didn't help that summons are useless for that fight. Now though, he is a joke.

You mention that you rely on sword parrying? Then at least you shouldn't have problems with the last boss of HoS. I spent over 4 fucking hours to beat that shit on Deathmarch, I honestly wanted to kill myself at some point.

I feel ya.
>>
having basically same problem here. I called the. last week and said they've had over a thousand calls and suspect it may be a programming fuckup.

I'm certainly "good" at game, amd i've been beating him right down to bottom and thrn one jump a d suddenly I'm fucking dead.

Not being a whiny little bitch, supposedly problem exclusive to ps 4 ( yes, my fault for getting it for thst system). OP, you said you are ising PS 4 too right? Thinking about setting up on my gaming PC (wanted to use on my big TV w. speakers) just to see gow much easier it is.

Can call and ask if you want, said they might be releasing a patch a for the "target lock" issue...
>>
>>343880207
thanks anon. My only real fuck up that is def my fault is not having curse oil, but with 10% and all the fucking swords and armor I have from the guy in (i'm on level 43), can't see why it should matter much.

This is holding me back from entire rest of game and infuriating me. People keep saying "get gud," lol, this is one game where I'm sure I am "gud" at it, least compared to avg user.

Either my combat style is fucked or there's a bug somewhere...
>>
>>343877680
>golden oriole and Yden sign
>>
lots of people on steam are pissed over this, seems they fucked up when they updated to .3. I think has to be a bug, hope the fix soon because it's enraging me.
>>
>>343880898
golden O increases my toxicity, then harder to regenerate to use Ydren.
I had completely fallen in love with this company, couldn't wait to get their game set in outer space.
I know telling me "Get gud" over and over doesn't quite fit when I'm on level 45 on Death March entire time so hard to say the problem is all me....
>>
>>343878795
1xmeele 1xalchemy 2xsigns, but nothing particulary useful for this specific fight, except maybe for the meele-branch with higher damage and undying and some Quen-intensity and higher tolerance, the latter should be corporated in every build in my opioion. The other stuff (Exploding shield, Active Quen, Delusion, Alternative Aaard and stuff) wasn't used in this fight.
>>
>>343881723
Just remember that you shouldn't drink White Honey when using a decotion, so be careful with your toxicity. And every hit drains all your stamina, so be just dash around for a few seconds before you Quen up again. The Tawny Owl is for shortening this time.
>>
>>343881723
was going at the bastard with the highest melee available...thinking I need to increase tolerance of...something in alchemy?
>>
>>343882218
You should at least get the skill which gives you more max toxicity for every alchemy recipe you own. Otherwise you will always can't even drink all your Swallows in one fight without reaching max and not being able to drink more and decotions are pratically useless. And since you already have a green talent in one of your slots, thow a green mutagen in there and get two more, I recommend higher overdose threshold and 25% instant heal for every potion you drink.
>>
>>343877680
Not going to read the thread in case anyone said this, but:

Stay far enough away from him to trigger a long range tongue attack (you'll have to experiment to get it right) , then roll to one of his sides to dodge the attack. You should be able to hit him before he jumps. Then repeat.
>>
>>343882634
after I excavated my estate, i now have an entirely new tree for mutagens where I can add all sorts of new combos to increase mutagen strengths...

this has me convinced it's a code fuckup, bc given all the additional pertiles I have for my my signs, the motherfucker shoud fall over as soon as I breathe on him...in addition to all else, all my signs worth an extra 40% on top of all that from laborstory I found doing upgrsdes to my estate..
>>
>>343882961
Also, you might need fleet foot for this. I'm not sure. After you attack, dodge/roll right afterwards to avoid the jump attack, then get into position to repeat the pattern.
>>
>>343877680
if he TOUCHES anything related to yrden, then he gets stuck in place squirming for about 5 seconds, where you can do free damage to him (it's obvious too, he freaks out and has purple lightning around him from the yrden)

the alternate yrden sign is the best, because you place it down and it fires at any enemies in it's radius as long as it lasts
place alt yrden down
frog jumps at you
instantly gets tagged by yrden
free damage
yrden effect on frog wears off
trap hits him AGAIN
free damage
repeat until victory

I won't lie, that frog took me a lot of attempts to figure out, I tried all sorts of strategies before I figured out yrden made the fight nearly trivial
>>
>>343883178
Oh, so you are severly overleveled since you already played B&W? That explains a lot. You probably have enemy upscaling active. While it's mostly bug free, some enemies, especially bosses, don't scale properly (which isn't on purpose) and become nearly unkillable. I was oneshotted by the djinn and couldn't even make a dent in his health bar once. It's an oversight of CDPR and definitely a code fuckup. The only thing you can do now is disable enemy upscaling for this fight and kind of steamroll him.
>>
>>343877680
Have fun with Iris' Greatest Fear.

Also, enjoy arguably the best DLC in any game,
>>
>>343877680
Just lower the difficulty level if you're that bad.
>>
>>343881721
>golden O increases my toxicity

It's worth investing at least 3 skills into alchemy no matter what build you play.

>poisoned blades
>acquired tolerance
>refreshment

The last two will make you stop bitching about toxicity and heal from all potions.
>>
>>343883963
>fight those Silent Hill rejects
>feel like I'm missing a gimmick, but brute-force them eventually
>google the gimmick
>mfw there's none
That was really weird desu.
>>
>>343883963
What are you talking about? Thoses guys weren't hard. took me a couple try, sure, but they were nothing special.
>>
That bomb that explodes into patches of fire stuns him and you can dash in to fuck him up. Blast Igni, strong attack, roll away. Hated this fight and it felt cheesy as fuck.
>>
>>343883841
fuck mate, after redoing my setup for the9th time in 2 days, realize I did have enemy upscaling on.

just turned the motehrfucker off, don't care how cheap it is. at this point this one fucking frog has killed all the fun in game for me.
wish me luck mate, going agsinst him and plan to fuck his shit up...
>>
>>343885624
Nothing wrong or cheap with that, as I said, for certain bosses (I know of the frog and the djinn), upscaling is severly broken. It has nothing to do with challenge and is not intentional if an enemy can kill you in one hit through Quen. This will probably be fixed in a patch sometime soon, but until then the only sensible thing you can do is turning upscaling off for those fights. Nothing fun with fights that take sometimes over half an hour because of broken health while constantly being worried of getting hit even one time.
>>
File: 20160704080740_1.jpg (235 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160704080740_1.jpg
235 KB, 1600x900
Alchemy build, because the truth is that Alchemy is the strongest weapon a Witcher possesses- the ability to prepare for a specific enemy and to counter its abilities not by force of your naturally inferior strength but by the power of your knowledge and malleability.

Probably one of the strongest "Fuck this Game" concoctions is Archgriffon+Ekhidna Decoctions + Superior Thunderbolt + Tawny Owl + Petri's Philtre for dancing around and Strong Attacking away a thing's life with a decent Quen up. If I remember right, the Frog Prince was particularly susceptible to one kind of bomb, too, but I don't remember which.
>>
>>343885932
The truth is that Alchemy is also the most boring skill tree, especially since it removes any challenge whatsoever.
>>
File: 20160701103617_1.jpg (223 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160701103617_1.jpg
223 KB, 1600x900
>>343886089
Honestly, I felt that way with every tree. Sign build is just loligni and they basically kill themselves. Sword build is basically just either stacking up for Whirlwind or Rend with the decoction that cancels all staggering/knockdown so you can keep doing it forever. Every tree in the game is god mode if you're halfway smart at playing.
>>
done!
>>
fucking all i needed to do eas turn off the setting keeping the things from leveling up...now kidnapped by old asian dudes..
>>
>>343886629
Gratis have fun with that shovel dude @ the mansion
>>
thank you to the bro who told me about turning off upscaling...saved me more wasted days...thanks, can always come here for answer to anything. cheers...
>>
>>343884901

Idk but Iris' greatest fear is the only boss I couldn't beat on Death March.
>>
File: 20160704023815_1.jpg (292 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160704023815_1.jpg
292 KB, 1600x900
>>343887270
The only issue with that boss fight is making sure you don't aggro all of the fuckers by tossing signs around willy nilly. By themselves they only come at you two at a time at which point its basically just dodgefest 2016.
>>
File: 20160701090751_1.jpg (376 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160701090751_1.jpg
376 KB, 1600x900
>>343886767
I didn't have much trouble with him once I realized the gimmick, which took two waves of zombies to figure out, I think.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.