[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: After Stanley.jpg (94 KB, 460x430) Image search: [Google]
After Stanley.jpg
94 KB, 460x430
Which was worse?
>>
>>343873371
The beginnerĀ“s guide is just pretentious shit.
>>
Bottom because I didn't need to pay to waste my time.
>>
File: 1446417676973.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1446417676973.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>>343873371
The BeginnerĀ“s Guide
I couldn't get a refunded for that shit!
Why in world did I buy it!?
>>
I never tied the top one, I just remember all the review sites going crazy about it and trying not to spoil whatever the twist was.
>>
TBG is hot garbage
>>
>>343875502
The twist was that the faggot who "made" those games didn't exist.
It was about as fun of a twist as taking sleeping pills.
>>
The Beginner's Guide is genius. Not because it's good, but because this smart motherfucker made a bunch of untextured test maps and pretended it was art and PEOPLE BOUGHT INTO IT. Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>343875774
what? how is that the twist? it never said that in the game
>>
>>343876234
The twist is that the narrator is in home-love with that guy.
>>
But seriously, how do you go from Stanley to something like that?
>>
>>343876865
Seems like Davey Wreden was the ideas guy while William Pugh did the heavy lifting.

The original mod used hl2 assets ffs
>>
File: 25678970566.jpg (41 KB, 337x498) Image search: [Google]
25678970566.jpg
41 KB, 337x498
>>343873371
The point of Beginner's Guide was to tell a story, but it also referenced many times how the creator of the Stanley Parable kept getting bothered to make a new Stanley Parable, when he just wanted to make stuff he enjoys. And then he made Beginner's Guide, even thought he knew people will just say "Well that's not Stanley's Parable 2!" and "Stanley's Parable was better, what even is this?!" because they all miss the point of the game.

The problem is that he made his game a little more difficult to grasp, and that's why it flew over many people's heads, on top of the fact that everyone just wanted more Stanley Parable, and not something that he wanted to create.
>>
>>343873371
I can't believe people thought TBG was based on a real thing. Man there are some fucking stupid gullible people out there in the world.
>>
>>343878418
I was fooled up until the end.
>>
>>343873371
Bottom one is a pretty fun, free 10 minute comedy game. Nothing wrong with that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.