[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 15
File: fallout-4-1.png (628 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-1.png
628 KB, 765x497
Ok now...really...is this good or not?
>>
>>343862995
It's eh.
>>
Its kinda ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>343862995
I'm sure you would really enjoy it.
>>
Dunno
Can't play it for more than 30 minutes at a time
Only just got to the town with the ghouls
>>
>>343862995
it's worth playing but isn't great. I'd never advise someone to pay more than 10 dollars for it.
>>
I like playing it
>>
It's a fun fuck around game if you enjoy killing things and collecting loot.

Good rpg? Fuck no.
>>
>>343862995
It's a good game but a bad fallout game
>>
>>343862995
Its the best of 2016 and Fallout game if you disregard all the ones before 3 existed and fuck off with the NV that tried to pick up the old hat from 2.

Also, fuck off NV fags.
>>
I haven't played Fallout 4, but I've watched a ton of videos on why people think its bad.
Anyone else love this kind of stuff? Just seeing someone tear apart something a studio spent years on, and something some people think is really good.
I find the same draw with Battleborn, but nobody cares about that game. I could watch a documentary series on the Gearbox's constant fuckups, or the decline of the Fallout Series.
Am I the only one?
>>
>>343863587
alri matthew
revire bloodborne already
>>
After playing this game, I have not played another rpg. Probably because I don't think any other rpg can live up to FO4.

>yes it's THAT great
>>
>>343863674
My favorite MM video is the one where he tears apart Bioshock Infinite. It's so satisfying seeing him methodically tear apart the games story and gameplay so many idiots find beloved.
Not a big fan of his Dark Souls stuff since I'm just not interested in the series but a BB video would be tolerable since it's a little different from the rest of them.
>>
>>343862995
its fun and atmospheric

there

no memes

just concrete facts
>>
Fallout 4 is that luke warm shower at 5 am type shit.
>>
>>343862995
Not too bad but got a bit boring as you go on I'd say dont spend more than 20 dollarydoos buying it
>>
It's only real selling point is that there are very few other open-world FPS explore-a-thons.
>>
>>343864220
Good for 5 minutes until you realize you want it a bit warmer and it won't give you that satisfaction.

There's only so long you can have a luke warm shower for.
>>
>>343863329
>enjoy killing thing and collecting loot

that's not even fun in most games, especially not in this one. What're you, a 12 yr old? Shape up, man.
>>
Dont fall for the "good game but bad fallout game" meme
Its shit.
>>
>>343864339
This right here well said
>>
wait 21 replies and no todd posting, is he ill?
>>
>>343862995
It's soulless
>>
Trash game, move on
fallout 4 will be forgotten 2 years it could be a game by ubisoft
>>
File: Fallout4bad2.png (4 MB, 1601x872) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4bad2.png
4 MB, 1601x872
Here.

You're welcome.
>>
File: F.A.L.L.O.U.T.webm (856 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
F.A.L.L.O.U.T.webm
856 KB, 1280x720
>>343862995
It was a fun action game with rpg-lite mechanics. It's action elements were radically better than 3 and NV and it's rpg elements were marginally worse. I had about 150 hours worth of fun over two playthroughs. The story is fucking terrible, mind you, but Beth hasn't made a good story since Morrowind and NV really wasn't all that much better.

Mineycrafta was pretty fun too.

I'd give it a solid 7/10
>>
WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS
>>
it's shit
>>
File: 1465766955489.jpg (790 KB, 1126x1091) Image search: [Google]
1465766955489.jpg
790 KB, 1126x1091
>>343863494
>>
Far Harbor's Minecraft quest made me drop this game. No Bethesda game has ever made me quit.
>>
File: FO4 Review Summary.png (1005 KB, 1279x675) Image search: [Google]
FO4 Review Summary.png
1005 KB, 1279x675
No it is not.
>>
>Buy fallout 3
>Collectors edition
>Play it on Pc
>It runs like shit but there is so much to explore
>So many absurd things but yet consistant in the way the narrative of the game

>Buy NV
>Great game, even more bugged but better story and more choices and more memorable characters

>Finish both games twice

>Buy Fallout 4
>Start the game
>Okay i'm in a vault and my kid is kidnaped
>Wake up
>Somehow my robot from 200 year ago is still fucking operating
>That doesnt make sense
>Go to the first "town"
>get a power amor and must kill a death claw
>What
>Supermutants everywhere , 10 meters away from settlements
>Hear somebody alking about some crazy ass raider gang
>Maybe i can join
>Nope they attack me on sight
>Every dialogue is just 3x yes and 1 no and the no options is just no but you can ask the same person again and agan
>You cant play a bad guy
>You cant play neutral
>Game has 4 endings , 3 about blowing up the Institute ( whch doesnt make sense for The Brotherhood of Steel because they would never blow up fucking TECHNOLOGY and Railroad ) and one about the Institute beeing the cool guys and blowing everybody else up
>Going throgh ruins is like traveling to dungeons in Skyrim the same enemies over and over again
>You find things in safes closed for 200 years that were not invented before the war

I finished the game and sold it and dont have intention to replay it
>>
File: 1440778495107.png (242 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1440778495107.png
242 KB, 500x368
>>343864049
>>
>have decent time playing it
>beat the game
>never touch it again, not even for dlc

I usually like to explore everything in a game but I've learned my lesson with Bethesda games. Once you got your gauss rifle/daedric weapon, there's no point looking anywhere else
>>
>>343865148
Mostly this. What this anon really nailed is the dogshit roleplaying opportunities in the game. That is to say, there are none.

>Dialogue options are complete ass, they always boil down to either yes, no, sarcastic yes, or ask why you should say yes
>Character has a premade backstory that wasn't necessary
>Character's voice actor sounds like a dipshit regardless of the gender you choose

And the skill system, while not totally out of it, was made a little more simplified this time, which sours it a little. Other than that, the world is great, exploration is great, guns are great, building is good and mods make it great, compaions are probably my favorite thing in the game. Holy shit, the companions are better than they've ever been in a Beth game and I actually got attached to them this time around. I also wanna disagree with the anon I quoted and say that the story, as a whole, is still better than Fallout 3's story. I really liked all of the shit involving the Institute.

It's just a shame that Bethesda introduced a lot of cool shit with this game and simultaneously took away a lot of the control over it that you could have had via roleplaying options and dialogue choices that actually mattered.
>>
>>343862995
walking around and shooting stuff is alright

everything else is pretty awful though
>>
File: ave, True to Sawyer.jpg (309 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ave, True to Sawyer.jpg
309 KB, 800x600
>>343866003
>>343863494
>>343863303
>>343864049
fuck off todd
>>343862995
just play the superior Fallout New Vegas
>>
>>343865070

Can't say I disagree with anything here. While I do somewhat enjoy it, it's definitely the worst of the series so far.
>>
>>343862995
Not really.
Like every Bethesda game, it's 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Why the fuck is the settlement building shit even in the game? Was one of the lead designers binging on Minecraft during their pre-production? It just feels like a complete mismanagement of resources.

Voiced protagonist, set in stone backstory, and lack of skills ruined any chance of rpg fun.
>>
Literally 0 replayability.
>>
>>343866872
>superior Fallout New Vegas
It really isn't superior though.
Every single one of NVs mechanics feel like absolute dogshit and actually playing it is a burden.
They're both flawed games, just flawed in different ways.
I'd honestly say they're about equal.
>>
>>343862995
Honestly Fallout 4 is just plain mediocre. It takes the worst parts of Skyrim and amplifies it, more radiant quests, less interesting quests, less interesting places to explore, dungeons that feel the same and boring, less rpg elements, things/story that will make you think what the fuck?, etc.

It can be fun to play for the first playthrough, but the game has no replayability at all. I can't replay this game for more than an hour without getting bored.

The only thing that I enjoyed in Fallout 4 was the gameplay and the interactive followers/companions. I can't recall a single good quest in the game.

It is a 6.5/10 game at best.
>>
>>343862995
Its not bad really, its just not as replayable as it should
>>
>>343866948
Because Bethesda really have no idea what the fuck they are doing so they take a look at Nexus for "inspiration"

That or they are just trying to find their niche in the RPG market because every game after Oblivion tried to have some gimmick or hook to it

Fallout 3 - V.A.T.S
Skyrim - Radiant Quest
Fallout 4 - Settlement building

They allot so much time to trying to get these tor work that they forget to actually fully develop the rest of the game and just shit them out
>>
>>343864049

Explain how it's either.
>>
I re-pirated it for the DLC and its alright, alright as in decent.

The gutted RPG mechanics really really hold it back and its not good enough to carry itself as a shoot-n-loot because of the shitty loot.
>>
5/10
Got about 10 hours out of it, it was kinda ok but dull
>>
File: lolchoices.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lolchoices.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
>>343867217

That's way too high.

It's not more than a 4/10 game at the very most.
>>
>>343867342
Skyrim's radiant quests couldn't have taken longer than a week to throw together though, settlement building must have been a bitch and a half to even get a prototype semi-functional.
It honestly works pretty well, which leads me to believe that they expended an ungodly number of man hours on that worthless feature.
>>
>>343867597
Every game past Oblivion have had absurdly long development times

they just waste fucking time because they can
>>
>>343867147
fallout 4 is gameplaywise from the "feel" factor much much better...fallout nv just feels old and off...boring combat..that said, the quests are much better...the world of NV is disgusting and boredom to the hell
>>
>>343867594
Nah I have played the game enough to give a fair review. It has some nice parts.
>>
>>343862995
It's good if you like shallow entertainment. If you have played more than generic 7/8th gen AAA titles it's a 4/10.
>>
File: threepwood games.jpg (112 KB, 568x625) Image search: [Google]
threepwood games.jpg
112 KB, 568x625
>>343863292
>>
It's the second best Borderlands game out there!
>>
>>343862995
You likw open world and building shit and its fun. If you like good story and dialogue play something else. Not worth 60$ btw. Mods also kinda fix it
>>
File: F04_Sentrybot.png (1 MB, 920x1080) Image search: [Google]
F04_Sentrybot.png
1 MB, 920x1080
>>343862995
I loved it but i haven't finished it yet.

I was doing the mission where you bring synths to the safety tower but i somehow locked my self in, after about 10 minutes of looking around the lower floors i heard something following me, when i turned around there was a fucking sentry bot right behind me yelling at me to keep off the grass.

It was about 4 a.m and i said "i'll deal with this in the morning" and i haven't played in months.
>>
It was a game
>>
>>343863292
>it's worth playing but isn't great
How is it worth playing then?
There are too many other great games and too little time, even if you would play 24/7.
>>
>>343864049
These are not facts but conclusions, facts would be something that you present to arrive at these.
>concrete
yeah, you might as well have said "literal".
>>
>>343873590
>>343864049
Facts are not something you´d have to explain, but you would have to explain a whole lot if you just say that it´s " fun and atmospheric ".
>>
>>343866281
fallout 4 was not made with the intention of making a game, but peddling a toybox for people who don´t care about cohesive gameplay and story and dullards.
They literally said that it was made for people who skip story, just want to fuck around and don´t want to the game to make them work for their rewards.
>>
Don't follow the quest line

Just explore

Crank up the difficulty

Only bother with settlements if you have mods

7/10 only play if you have nothing else to play or maaaybe just want a palette cleanser

Will leave you wanting more
>>
So, has Loverslab finally fixed the game?
>>
>>343862995
I honestly can't recommend it. Most of the game is spent shooting people in dungeons and the dungeons aren't even good.
> Wanna liberate a settlement?
> Go to a dungeon and kill some raiders
> Wanna progress in the main quest?
> The next quest is probably a dungeon
> Wanna build a settlement to break the monotony?
> Tough luck, you're out of scraps. Better go to a dungeon to scavenge some junk.
> Wanna improve your weapons?
> Same as above.

Every other fallout game had a mix of talking and shooting, in this one dialogue is just an excuse to get you to go to the mext dungeon.
The sad part is that Fallout 4 has by far the worst dungeons of any fallout game. In previous fallout games the dungeons were hand crafted and most of them had something special about them, in Fallout 4 there are hundreds of them and they all feel pointless. They might as well be randomly generated, just randomly select one of 5 enemy types, one of three or four possible location and fill them with junk and useless loot.
Not to me tion the sheer amount of radiant quest, because Bethesda still hasn't understood radiant quest aren't actual content.
I enjoyed my time spent playing Fallout 3 much more than with this game.
>>
File: lyin gentelman.jpg (563 KB, 1500x1714) Image search: [Google]
lyin gentelman.jpg
563 KB, 1500x1714
one of the best games ever made

i've put in 500 hours already and im not even close to bored
>>
>>343863587
You should watch "why fallout 3 is garbage". It's an interesting video. Pity the guy who made it is busy being an sjw instead of making interesting videos.
>>
>>343876235
damn, that was a good video too the hour and a half length made the comment section fairly hilarious as well
>being an sjw

dropped
>>
>>343862995
It's fine
They scaled back the RPG stuff but the gameplay is actually fun now.
>>
File: lying lad.png (1018 KB, 809x829) Image search: [Google]
lying lad.png
1018 KB, 809x829
>>343876331
This guys know what hes talking about y'all

I might just be a simple country guy but even i could understand and enjoy this new fallout installment
>>
>>343866281
>Somehow my robot from 200 year ago is still fucking operating
That's like the only part of the story that makes sense. Where do you think the robots in other Fallout games come from?
>>
>>343862995
it's fine if you just wanna dick around and kill monsters and bandits.

just don't expect good story, characters, or dialogue

wait for game of the year edition to hit bargain price
>>
>>343876324
>dropped
I'd still watch an eventual FO4 review. If his videos are good I don't care what his polytical views are.
>>
>>343876473
this is pretty much my opinion

pretty much fallout 3 part 2
>>
File: lyin watermelon.png (123 KB, 333x304) Image search: [Google]
lyin watermelon.png
123 KB, 333x304
>>343876473
sheit wut u talking about cracka?

da characters were out of dis world, way betta than dos honkeys from New Vegas.

Da best companions of the entire series you feel me senpai? not too mention da dawgs AI is way betta dis time round ya feel me?
>>
Dialogue/story is literally worse than F3, I didn't know it was possible.
FPS gameplay is objectively better but I just can't get into it like I did 3/NV. I don't really like Boston.
>>
>>343862995

Is this a niggerish game ? or a truly good one ?
>>
>>343863262
That only narrows it down to about half
>>
>>343862995
I liked it. Had fun. But the rpg is shit, atm im moding it, so much fun
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-04-12 06-20-04.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-04-12 06-20-04.jpg
426 KB, 1920x1080
I've spent many many hours on it and this is my educated opinion:

PROS:
- World looks really good
- Character models are good*
- Gunplay is satisfying
- Story isn't as bad as FO3
- BoS is actually well-represented
- Far Harbor introduced a bit of choice and consequence
- Some of the characters like Nick Valentine are interesting
- Base building is a nice addition (though pointless and unrewarding)

CONS:
- World feels dead, and not dead because of radiation
- No sense of urgency whatsoever
- Nothing you do matters
- No skill checks
- Speech checks are laughably simplified
- It's 2016 and STILL no electronic lockpicks or electronics repair skill
- There's nothing about the game that can be described as "RPG" any more
- Diamond City is the one and only big city besides Goodneighbour which is four houses total
- Even the big cities are tiny, compared to FO1+2 and even NV.
- Mouth animations are painful to watch
- Guy voicing the protagonist swerves between monotonous and fucked up in his recordings
- Way too much fucking focus on never-ending MMO-style quests

And worst of all, the locations in the game all manage to feel too "civilized" and at the same time deserted. Comparing Diamond City and the Hub is painful. Exploring Diamond City is a 15-minute deal at tops and there's no interesting secrets like a basement retard who'll upgrade your guns for free if you sneak in the back or really anything of interest.

And now with the last DLC coming, the game's officially over. It felt so close to delivering so many times but it just never did, like a cumshot on a pair of ready, perky tits which turned out to be a sad dribble at the last second.
>>
>>343862995
DLCs are so sparse.

They totally Jewed everyone with the Season Pass.
>>
If you are looking to just shoot stuff then you might have fun with the game. The real problems started on my 2nd playthrough, everything wrong with this game started to stick out more and more

I would wait for a price drop and just play the game once, play as much of it as you can on that one playthrough and put it down, i hate the game now even though i had a blast when i first started playing it
>>
>>343865070
That list is a bit flawed:
1) The guy was just verifying some details, you were already on the list.
2) who says it's the first time you're hearing about it?
3) agreed
4) story/writing is bad/terrible/retarded, bethesda is bad/terrible/retarded/unoriginal/not creating in the right places(agreed)
5) see above
6) see 4
7) BECAUSE FUN!!!! (agreed)
8) see 4 (also disregard RPG that they keep saying the game is. It's an action adventure game with quite a bit of bullshit storyline rails)
9) see 8
10) see 8
11) see 7 then 4
12 - 25) see 4
>>
>>343880859
They advertised the game as an RPG, so i'm allowed to say it's one of the worst RPGs ever made
>>
Bethesda missed the fucking point. The Wasteland was and still should be the protagonist, not the player.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.