[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 381360_front.jpg (123 KB, 640x570) Image search: [Google]
381360_front.jpg
123 KB, 640x570
What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
>>343859428
This and Kid Icarus are why I regret selling my 3ds.
>>
I love it. This and rhythm heaven really help when I just want a nice thing to sit back and enjoy.

The game is fundamentally good as well as not having to worry pretty much at all about anything other than following the beat
>>
>Ultimate difficulty

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
File: BUENO.jpg (80 KB, 737x538) Image search: [Google]
BUENO.jpg
80 KB, 737x538
Damn good title. Shit ton of songs to play and the difference between the three difficulties is actually balanced.

I thought it was pretty neat that they ended up releasing a couple NieR and TWEWY songs as DLC, too.

It made me wish there was a new EBA, though.
>>
Put a couple hundred hours into it. Frustrating that the only trophies I had left were for online victories, with nobody playing.
>>
>>343862978
>Mealomania is DLC
>Romancing SaSa DLC
2good
>>
>>343859428
Forgot I owned it, thnx anon going to play it now
>>
>>343859428
Pretty fun. Wish the RPG elements were a bit deeper, but it's still a varied rhythm game with some great FF tunes.
>>
Favorite game on the system.
>Chrono Trigger and Nier tracks
>>
File: 1467688213938.gif (451 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467688213938.gif
451 KB, 500x500
>>343859428
Wish they did more DLC from Nier, FFXIV, and some of their other games.

But a 9/10 rhythm game easily
>>
>>343860685
>Advent: One-Winged Angel on Ultimate

the 6 minute DLC one
>>
>>343859428
>A mix between a musical game and a RPG one that actually works

Well, easy a 15/10.
>>
>Mystic Quest only has 2 songs.
What songs do you wish they put in?
>>
>>343863726
Is Memories of Green in this?
>>
>>343864260
No. The Chrono Trigger songs are

Chrono Trigger
Boss Battle 2
Frogs Theme
Battle With Magus
Wind Scene
Corridors of Time
>>
>>343864260
I can't remember off the top of my head. Been months since I touched my 3DS. Even longer for this game,
>>
>>343864625
Oh. I forgot to add World Revolution
>>
>>343864625
The only one I really regret them not having is Schala's theme.
>>
>no songs from FFTA
>>
>>343859428
Very fun. And I say this as someone who has never played a Final Fantasy game.
>>
How does it compare to Project Mirai guys?
>>
>>343867550
>FF1 got some songs from the remake in
>FF2 only had the remakes boss theme as DLC
>>
>>343859428
awesome rhythm game that is very fun. i really love it. its got a cool party gimmick to act as an rpg. i feel like ultimate is the only way to play the game, but i can never do force your way on ultimate because its impossible
>>
>>343870972
I've only played Theatrhythm 1 and I think they are nothing alike. Both have good selections of tracks of their genres
>>
I like it but I suck hard at it. No matter how much I try, I can't focus on both the "hit" zone and what's coming to see which swipes I'll have to do. I end up having a quarter of a second to react to what swipe I'm doing and see it. I know I should be focusing on what's coming and using the beat to know when to tap, but I'm too musically challenged.
>>
>>343859428
I'd love to tell you what I think about it but I haven't played anything more than the demo because it's fucking impossible to buy this anywhere somehow
>>
Will I like this game if the only FF I've played is VII?
>>
>They never added Rise of the White Raven
Fuck.
>>
>>343876607
It doesn't really matter if you've played any FF actually. Just if you enjoy those types of soundtracks and rhythm games.
>>
>>343877338
And Curtain Call includes all the first game's content, right?
>>
>>343876607
I only played FF 1,2,3,4 and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>343877428
Yes, and added a bunch more and an actual gameplay mode "campaign" style.

It's a shame the DLC for the game is so expensive.
>>
>>343877428
Yes it includes every song that was in the first game besides this one track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJVY9grIxlk
>>
>>343859428
Terrific game. Got it on a hunch since it was 20 dollars with the CD on Black Friday two years ago and I never looked back.It's fun as hell and the music selection is great even for someone who's only played 3 games in the series beforehand
>>
Absolutely love it, shame it's not super difficult.
>>
Reading the collectacard descriptions was comfy as hell.
>>
>>343879002
Which 3
>>
Now that I finally hacked my 3DS, is the Dragon Quest version worth playing even if you don't understand a lick of Japanese?
>>
I struggled to differentiate arrow directions even when not on the hardest difficulty. It looked like a white blur to me.

I like it a lot and bought the Nier DLC hoping it may convince Square to make a sequel, and they did. So I like to believe I contributed toward the sequel.
>>
strange how a final fantasy rhythm game is one of the few games /v/ can collectively not shitpost about
>>
>>343881127
Eh. I think most of the spin off title of popular series was generally ok on /v/.
>>
>>343881084
This was the one thing that was shittier in Curtain Call over the original. I had trouble telling them apart in CC only.
>>
>>343859428
The artstyle is really cute and attractive, the gameplay is fun, and the selection of songs is amazing, because FF has amazing OSTs since its birth, so...
Yeah, it's an awesome game

I've played all FF's up to 12, except 10-2 and 11
>>
>>343859428
You know what's weird? I own both versions of the game, and I haven't played either one.
>>
File: 1382070826144.jpg (25 KB, 397x397) Image search: [Google]
1382070826144.jpg
25 KB, 397x397
Buttons or touch screen? I use touch screen exclusively. I usually prefer buttons but the fact that you can't use your D-Pad to do the arrow movements is bullshit. The analog stick is too fiddly for that.
>>
Pretty shit that it's not covers of the songs and just the originals. if I buy a music based game, I'm paying for the music so it better be new.
>>
>>343860685
>Most songs on normal range from a bit easy to a good challenge
>Almost every ultimate song is a ridiculous spike in difficulty harder
>>
>>343870972
Mirai is kiddy-mode Project Diva, if you're good at Diva and you want a challenge, it's not for you
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.