[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever spent some time creating your pefect game in your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: GiPiO.jpg (563 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GiPiO.jpg
563 KB, 1920x1080
Have you ever spent some time creating your pefect game in your mind?

>Take a RTS;
>Turn it into a 1st person game;
>Create a game (match) with a massive number of players;
>4 / 6 or 8 factions, each one with 50+ players;
>Gigantic map with resources and strategic points;
>Each game lasts one week;
>Players can log in/out at any time.
>Each player has a especific function inside his faction town. (lumberjacks, miners, builders, blacksmith, soldier and so on);
>As one player make progress into his job, he contributes with resouces for his faction, and earn points that can be used to improve his efficience;
>There are monster around the map, so even players with gathering professions have to fight to get resources.
>Each faction has a council of 5~10 players that are responsible for resources distribution, city layout, technological improvements, etc. (those players are choosen by a honor rank/feedback of past matchs players);
>During the gameplay players can find rare loots, hidden dungeons, and randon events.
>Most pve activities demand work in group (To conquest a dungeon one faction will need 3 soldiers to face the monsters, one mage to unseal one door and one miner to gather the loot for instance);
>The objective of each faction is to destroy its rivals;
>>
I love how you have not explained any PvP at all but it remains the primary goal.
>>
>>343849456
Well, it is hard to find a good pvp system for a game like that, because not every player would be onlyne at the same time. So i tough in something based on fights for some strategic points that would unlock some kind of force that would attack other factions.
>>
>>343849073
The Guild, but with better graphics, and can be played 3rd person so you can see the life drain out of an enemy House head as you slit their throat.
>>
>>343850732
Maybe a fantasy or low fantasy influence. A GoT theme would even be okay. Wouldn't mind being able to play creepy cultists or some wicked blood wizard who has to kill people to use their bits in rituals. Hell, playing a blacksmith and being an arms dealer between warring houses would be great too.
>>
>>343849073
>Neet shitters grind all day to get to leadership posts
>Fuck everything up
No thanks. I like the idea of an mmorts style though, PSO was pretty close.
>>
>>343851041
I see how grind would be a problem, but put daily limitations, for instance, would be shit too.

So maybe if you had daily limitations on matches, but you could play more than one match at time would be better...
>>
>>343850467
Congrats, you're now an ideas guy. A scumbag who has no idea how making a game actually works.
>>
The future of gaming where virtual reality is refined and perfected to a point similar to Tsar Treks holo deck.

>Teams of 1000 players
>The stadium houses 1000-2000 pods for the virtual reality; could be linked accross the world so no need for all players to be in the same area
>Dub it the Arena
>Battles range across the in-game galaxy, but each battle is singular in that it just takes place in the galaxy, not necessarily for its conquest you feel me?
>Each team is required to find its own way of chain of command, battlefield deployment, tactics, etc.
>Strength in the game is something that is determined by the pod itself: your Will factor (don't ask how it determines this, haven't figured it out)
>Will factor essentially shows your likelihood of continuing to fight - not breaking and running, cowering; whatever
>The highest Will factors are obviously the leaders should they show leadership qualities (again methodology is at the discretion of the teams themselves)
>The highest Will factor is the Champion of the team: he or she is the inspiration of the team, the strongest fighter; the pinnacle of what they can be
>Battles can be the PvP or PvE in any game universe i.e 2000 players versus a tyranid swarm

Any questions ask away. I've spent a long while imagining this, and this is the first opportunity to talk about it.
>>
File: 1437518167172.jpg (102 KB, 500x474) Image search: [Google]
1437518167172.jpg
102 KB, 500x474
Planetside 2
not exactly like what you've described but it's basically what you described
>>
>>343851759
ahahaha

That being said, i think i'm ready to grab my work spot at ubi now.

But, serius now, even if i don't have what it takes to create a game from scratch, I still thinking that that kind of game would be a good idea.
>>
File: 1403825759621.gif (1 MB, 326x256) Image search: [Google]
1403825759621.gif
1 MB, 326x256
>have perfect game in mind
>talk with friends about it
>come up with how it would work and feel
>new game announced
>it's that game you and your friends came up with 10 years ago
>it's fucking perfect

What's her name /v/?
>>
>>343854825
Titanfall, but more like 5 years instead of 10
>>
>>343854825
X-Com. No, we're not older than it, we just didn't know that the game we wanted existed.
>>
>>343854825
Company of Heroes

Man, I was hype as fuck.
>>
I just want a game that has the tactics/planning/politics of a grand strategy game but when it comes time to fight you control one of the units Dynasty Warriors style. Not Mount and Blade, I've played hundreds of hours but it's not quite deep enough in the strategy part or actiony enough in the combat for what I really want.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.