[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
Should I play Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin first?

Both are downloading right now and I'm torn. Which did you prefer?
>>
Pillars, don't pay attention to the anons that will come here crying about sjw bs
>>
>>343847569
I remember hearing about the fuss when they changed some dialogue. I'm not too worried about it.

Thanks for the heads up, though.
>>
Pillars is the better game with the dlc and has the more coherent lore

OS is good but not as good since the story starts out well but then goes off the deep end and feels rushed/fragmented tbqh. The companions are also garbage as are their quests
>>
Wow I'm pleasantly surprised at all the pillars love so far. I couldnt stomach D: OS after playing pillars, it felt like fanfiction tier writing with absolute dogshit characters
>>
>>343848117
>>343848360
Sounds like the right start then. I have to admit that the animations and effects looked pretty sweet in D:OS though.

I haven't had time to play any games over the last 6 or so years so seeing these games has me really stoked.
>>
>>343847335
Divinity is best co-op, so unless you've got someone to play with, start with Pillars.
>>
Pillars plays like an original crpg with 0 updates, spend 5 solid minutes casting buffs before battle. I got tired of doing that and stopped about 2/3 through.

After the first chapter OS gets ambiguous on where to go and you become so powerful that fights become cakewalks even on the hardest difficulty. I still finished it.
>>
>>343847335
Pillars of Eternity: Baldur's Gate
Divinity: Original Sin: Temple of Elemental Evil

It really depends on which of those two games you like more. PoE is a pretty standard IE-style RPG while D:OS is a really solid strategy RPG.
>>
>>343847335
They're both dogshit, and only post-y2k children could possibly enjoy them.
>>
>>343848360
Why are you playing an RPG like D:OS for the story?
>>
>>343849261
Cool, that makes some sense.

>>343849490
I've heard PoE has a much better story, but I was given the impression that the writing wasn't so bad for D:OS. Maybe a disjointed story but not awful writing I hope?
>>
I suggest that you play Baldur's Gate before PoE. If you've already played BG, play it again. Then never play PoE, because you've already played a much better version of it.
>>
>>343848360

Gameplay in OS was fun but the main issue is you can break shit easily

Pillars has more balance and tactics involves

The spells are better too with no retarded 5 minute cooldown

I hate the randomized shit in OS too
>>
File: 5.jpg.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Who here excited for tyranny? Feels good to have these type of games come back as I can't enjoy any else
>>
>>343848986

Buff before battles what? Most shit can't be used until you enter battle. And even then there are only a few necessary buffs that last for a while
>>
>>343851216
>Who here excited for tyranny?

Not after Pillars.
>>
>>343851216
Haven't heard of this until you mentioned it. Looks pretty cool though. Has there been any word on when in 2016 it will be coming out? Didn't see it on the site.

>>343851020
Cool, good to know.

Thanks again for all the input guys. I'm like a giddy kid now that I can get back into games.
>>
>>343852374

No word actually. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 2017 now
>>
File: EoCApp 2014-07-07 01-45-48-45.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2014-07-07 01-45-48-45.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Pillars has a pleasant aesthetic and a good (if generic) combat system, but it fails in every other area. Original Sin, on the other hand, is probably the best CRPG released in the last 5 years. The gameplay, roleplaying, exploration, characters, music, everything is perfect.
>>
>>343847335

Pillars has a much better story, lore and balance.

Div: OS has infinitely better fighting mechanics, and the humor is pretty enjoyable at times.

Overall it comes down to if you play RPGs for the lore or the combat.
>>
>>343847335
Divinity Original Sin EE, avoid the "classic" version.
>>
>>343854135
Good deal, that's the one I snagged. It happened to download first. I don't know why I play RPG's when decisions are impossible for me to make.
>>
>>343854810
Get ready to set everything on fire.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.