[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite video game stores? In NYC there are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1440117118832 copy.jpg (131 KB, 640x429) Image search: [Google]
1440117118832 copy.jpg
131 KB, 640x429
What are your favorite video game stores?

In NYC there are still some pretty cool independently owned ones. I'd love to go to a place like this though.
>>
That looks like a Japanese store.
>>
>>343829003

Must be nice having an option other than Gamestop and Walmart to buy games in person.
>>
>>343829875
Where do you live that there's only walmart and gamestop?
>>
File: 1435350435747.jpg (138 KB, 930x523) Image search: [Google]
1435350435747.jpg
138 KB, 930x523
>>343829003
>https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

That's Videogames New York. Specifically the back of the store where they keep all their expensive shit.

It's a cool store but everything over extremely overpriced. I understand why (rent in Manhattan is insane), but I never really buy anything in there.
>>
>>343830158
quote fail
>>
>>343830158
The store game me a neo-tokyo vibe for some reason so I just assumed.
>>
>Used to have a place here in Fort Wayne called Disc Replay
>They sold every single game you could imagine
>You could literally find anything you wanted there
>They got bigger and started selling movies
>They then moved across town to a bigger store and became MEGA Replay
>Now they sell TVs, guitars, and used college books
>Their game section, once large and proud, is now an endless wasteland of Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed for 360 and PS3
>Their Nintendo section is so small it fits on one shelf
>They sold all of the Dreamcast games and have nothing left
>They're down to the last of the Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2 games
>Their "retro" section is full of overprice bullshit like $50 for shitty games because "As seen on AVGN!"
>Every time I go back, the movies encroach more of the store and the game section becomes smaller

I miss that place when it was smaller
>>
I live in Emporia, Kansas. There's no mom and pop game stores for hundreds of miles. Closest is probably Game Nut in Lawrence.

We had one, but it got raided by the police and closed because the guy found a way to not pay his taxes He got all his stuff back and isn't reopening..
>>
>>343829003
jnl is better if only because the employees aren't cunts like at videogamesnewyork, probably why someone stole there Mario statue
>>
I live about 5 minutes from Estarland. The place is pretty cool but it's filled with the worst type of neck beard virgins and the service is god awful. But if you don't mind waiting 30 mins to check out it's pretty cool to look at all the old games.
>>
>>343830972
This. J&L is a cooler place due to the employees being cool and if youre a regular they have the hook ups.
>>
>>343831582
This.

That place, and the ppl working there are cool as fuck.
>>
>>343829273
for you
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.