[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes toxicity so omnipresent in Overwatch? How do we stop it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: toxic.png (74 KB, 1265x726) Image search: [Google]
toxic.png
74 KB, 1265x726
What makes toxicity so omnipresent in Overwatch? How do we stop it?
>>
>>343821549
I wish it was allowed to talk shit.
>>
>>343821549
have you ever been to a baseball game?
football game?
Soccer game?
ever notice that the fans alone go on riots if they win or lose?
Now take that same competitiveness and put those people in the game it self.
You can't stop this behavior by some movement, just treat those players like the scum that they are.
>>
The more people that get mad at shit posting, the more shit posts there will be and it'll keep happening until people ignore it.

Kill yourself by the way, cross siting faggot, this is Internet 101.
>>
>>343821549
Every sport has toxicity retard. Even in esports. Faggots care about that shit more than stopping corruption, war, poverty and other actual important shit that goes on in the world.
>>
>I care what strangers say over the internet

Why did I have to be born in the crybaby era? What happened to the strong and silent type, like Gary Cooper?
>>
>>343821549
>americans can't handle the banter

top fucking kek. its part of our national sport over here.

>Sledging is common at most levels of the game in Australia, but one Australian with a particular reputation for sledging was former fast bowler Merv Hughes. His intimidating and aggressive bowling style was often accompanied by a mixture of humorous witticisms, and vitriolic abuse. On occasions he crossed the line from sledging to insulting; however, there are numerous occasions of classic sledges delivered by Hughes.
>>
Christ, do these people have no sense of self-awareness?
>>
File: 1392571421465.png (132 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
1392571421465.png
132 KB, 480x340
>How do we stop it?
OP, the answer is the first Reddit thing in your post.

>If someone is horrible and toxic to play with in competitive please take 2 seconds to report it

That's literally all you have to do. If somebody's being a prick in the game, report them and they'll get an experience reduction or a temporary ban (or permanent if they keep doing it)

>MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH
>MUH SAFE SPACE WEAK-WILLED THIN-SKINNED WUSSY TEAMMATES
You can be as much of a dick as you want on websites like this, but Blizzard made the game, Blizzard put the ToS, and you had to agree to it in order to play on their servers that they pay for. If you don't like it, you're well within your right to not purchase the game or to stop playing at any time.
>>
File: 1465165656976.gif (131 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1465165656976.gif
131 KB, 640x360
>>343821549
Because you have to rely on random people who most likely have no idea what the fuck they are doing because of a terrible ranked system.

You have good players who are stuck in low ranks and bad players who are somehow in high ranks.

Combine that with terrible coinflip mechanics and you have everything you need for people to be upset and start yelling at eachother.

Blizzard really outdid themselves on creating a terrible ranked system.
>>
>>343821549

Ignore, report, move on. People who get their kicks out of trash talking are, more often than not, children. I would know, I used to be an insufferable shit in and out of video games. Getting a rise out of people was just funny somehow.

But then I grew up. These people will too, eventually, but until then, you can do what their absentee parents haven't: teach them a fucking lesson. They'll get banned, flail their arms in impotent rage, come back a day or a week or a month later and then they'll know better.

gg ez
>>
Toxicity is present in Overwatch and mobas because you're relying on teammates to win. In games like CS you really only get to shittalking is banter because everyone is fighting with everyone else. In games like Overwatch you're supposed to work with your team to win. A lot of people feel like they're the only one on their team doing well and everyone else on their team is shit. This is evidence by the outrage over ranked and how people feel like they are unfairly being linked up with bad teammates, and how they would escape the low ranks if only their teammates weren't holding them back. In truth, they are getting teammates to their identical skill level, and facing opponents of the same skill level.

So basically, the toxicity in team based games like Overwatch stems from a lack of self-awareness of skill level, in which a player attributes a loss to every factor (his teammates, lag, tickrate, unbalance, etc) except him/herself.
>>
File: 1388956281471.png (602 KB, 963x720) Image search: [Google]
1388956281471.png
602 KB, 963x720
People are being poisoned over online video games now?

Is this some kind of new-age terrorism?
>>
>>343824237

Toxins =/= toxicity
>>
>>343821549
Isn't this like the 3rd time making this thread?
Please fire a bullet into your skull already.
>>
System of a down is fucking awful
>>
>>343824470
>>343822924
toxic
>>
>>343821549
I can't believe the Blizzard community is still shit after all these years. Really warms my heart
>>
>>343824356
Do you get sick from reading things you don't like now? How does that work?
>>
>>343821549
You can't, the LoL crowd has already taken over. It's their game, created and catered for them.
>>
File: 1417264721952.jpg (15 KB, 357x402) Image search: [Google]
1417264721952.jpg
15 KB, 357x402
Why have people been posting reddit screenshots a lot lately? This shit is unacceptable.
>>
>>343821549
Focus on alchemy.
>>
>>343821549
>How do we stop it?
>we
(You) don't.
>>
is toxic the worst buzzword?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.