[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Rockstar always manages to shit out good games despite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: rockstar-1024x1024.png (65 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
rockstar-1024x1024.png
65 KB, 1024x1024
How come Rockstar always manages to shit out good games despite being successful? Why didn't they go corrupt like everyone else?
>>
>>343807325
The writing is bullshit and unfun.
Ever since GTA:San Andreas a certain writer got hit very hard by midlife crisis.
>>
SA had a fun story that was good
IV had a serious story that was good
V tried combining the two and it was shit
>>
>shark cards
>not corrupt.
>>
>>343807325
>Why didn't they go corrupt like everyone else?
top kek if you seriously believe this
>>
>>343807325
They've found their niche of open world, non-rpg, "serious" games with shitloads of content
Only huge companies can pull it off, and Rockstar know they have to be very, very careful about it or lose the literally hundreds of millions they put it. They're not like Bethesda looking for a cheap, fast way to cash in on casuals, they try to appeal to long time fans and new players alike.
>>
>>343807325
>Why didn't they go corrupt like everyone else?
But they did go corrupt with Online.

They fucked with single player just to give more shit to Online. I don't GTA games for the multiplayer, I want to fucking play the story and fuck around.
>>
>not remembering shark cards

OP confirmed for low IQ nigger.
>>
>>343807651
Do you know that you're retarded?
>>
File: 160.gif (613 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
160.gif
613 KB, 295x221
>>343807325
>Launching Max Payne 3
>Despite the Steam DRM, you also need a Rockstar Social Club because fuck you
>Internet connection everytime you launch the game, no matter if you want to just play the campaign
>GameShield IronWrap so fuck the mod community and fuck the consumer
>Oh, and don't forget to suck our cock and say Thanks, senpai!
>>
File: GTX 1080.png (777 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
GTX 1080.png
777 KB, 1631x1571
>>343808442
Shit taste detected.
>>
RDR is the only good game rockstar have made

Gta 3 was okay too
>>
>>343807598
>san andreas writing being good.

It was fun alright - it had the ghetto theme, but it was mediocre at best.
>>
>>343808054
No they didn't they allowed GTA enthusiasts to cash out online trough a way in which they also experience the core content ( heists ) - and enjoy the full experience.

Criminal mastermind.
>>
>>343807325
>put game on sale
>costs more than without the sale
>selling ingame currency for real money
yeah not corrupt at all
>>
>>343810167
I didn't say it was good.
It was fun.

Games past SA gave up the fun and upped the drama, but the writing was still bullshit.
>>
>>343810339
>GTA enthusiasts
13 year old kids who should not play this game in the first place.
>>
What are you talking about? Bully is their only good game.
>>
>>343810702
Kids usually sucked - I teamed up with 2 adults and indeed one 14 years old badass Serbian kid to complete mastermind.
>>
>despite being successful
wut? Name one R* game, just 1, no moving goalpost, only 1 that was good while not being succesful. I'll wait.
>>
>>343811542
The Warriors
>>
They spend a lot of money and time on everything they do.
If anecdotes are to be believed, they are quite narcistic and value their brand so much that they don't want to put out shit.

There was a lot of talk when RDR came out about employees working very long hours and being in crunch.

So uhh, Money + narcism + working employees like dogs + experience = good game every five years or so?
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 1280x1355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 1280x1355
Bully sequel when?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.