[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Stranding Theories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: death-stranding-cosplay.jpg (526 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
death-stranding-cosplay.jpg
526 KB, 1280x720
Just was watching the Death Stranding trailer and noticed it has some shared sounds with the Silent Hills trailer along with maybe some similar themes?
I've played a lot of P.T. and they discuss things such as other realities, aliens, and such.
This game seems to deal with alternate dimensions and perhaps beginnings from those other dimensions.
What do you think, any chance this game is closer to Silent Hills than we thought before?
https://youtu.be/PdX2Vx8ZU2A
>>
Wtf that video definitely sheds some light on things XD
but no that sound in the PT trailer is just reused laziness
>>
>Kojima
>Having any kind of non-retarded plot
Yeah you might as well do some critical analysis of the Sonichu comics

Also, that video was fucking garbage. The audio sounded nothing like the words they were subbing.
>>
File: Quiet can't stop him.jpg (28 KB, 306x416) Image search: [Google]
Quiet can't stop him.jpg
28 KB, 306x416
>>343798814
Guillermo del Toro is nowhere to be seen. I'm sure if he had any input creatively, he'll be knocking on Sony's door if it makes it into the final version of the game.

Wouldn't be the first time Kojima hooks someone up with an obvious lawsuit.
>>
>>343799451
I think those are just subs embedded into the normal video
>>
File: 1467570237790.jpg (401 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467570237790.jpg
401 KB, 1080x1080
This is the first time I'm hearing/seeing about this theory. Can someone care to elaborate why people think it's a "PT" game? The video and the ones on the sidebard aren't helping
>>
>>343800071
His handcuffs are definitely future tech perhaps alien. The belief is he escaped from an alien prison or something. P.T. had a broadcast in Swedish on the radio saying "Wise as you are you might already have discovered it. Yes, the radio drama from 75 years ago was true. They are here on our earth and they monitor and see all. Don't trust anyone. Don't trust the police. They are already controlled by them. That's the way it has been for 75 years now." talking about the fake radio program War of the Worlds. It's also believed that the fetus was an alien human hybrid
>>
>>343800071
http://www.silenthillmemories.net/silent_hills/pt_script_en.htm
More text on it, and some dialogue about other worlds. Due to what's on the MC on Death Strandings "dog tags" he's definitely traveling between space and perhaps time
>>
>>343801157
You know way too much. Kojima needs to kill you
>>
I mean he said he had everything finished with Silent Hills it just had to finish development. Really think he'd just trash that?
>>
>>343802928
Konami owns Silent Hill though, he can use the elements sure but he will need to keep away from even mentioning Silent Hill.

I guess DS will really have horror elements so I am happy if that is the case, hope Junji Ito joins up soon.
>>
>>343803224
Right, and Konami isn't making much money off games and they've been greedy always so if they can sue they will.
Without a doubt they have their finger on the button just waiting for a reason
>>
>>343798814
>2016
>People still caring about Kojima
>>
>>343803874
I love surrealism in video games, him and Taro Yoko of Drakengard/Nier are definitely favorites
>>
My theory is that Kojima is making up shit again that won't be even present in the game. He's literally putting things in his games because they sound cool on paper but doesn't bother balancing or making them actually interesting.
>>
>>343804909
Maybe. When has he done this before?
I've really never checked out what he promised before release besides P.T. which was more Konami's fault
>>
>>343805337
MGSV
or Konami cut him
>>
I don't know how to feel about this, if DS ends up becoming an horror game it will be great because we all know the kind of shit Kojima can put in there, but I also really liked the dead world/divine alien beings stuff we have been getting.

We could be getting a really fucked up Dead Space since Kojima is totally free now for doing whatever he wants to do.
>>
>>343807319
I think it will lean more towards sci fi horror, but no matter hard leaning psychological horror
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.